We need Ranked System....Asap

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Otherwise we’ll end up like GW1 Heroes ascent, which brought the end of PvP in GW1 and you Anet…know this well.

I really believe that a rank system would solve most issues at every level, let me illustrate:

Free tPvP= Equally ranked PUGS vs guild can actually become a fair match, even without communication, the PUGS got enough experience to know what to do and how to win; but right now PUG team end up being composed up of r40 folks and r1 folks, not that rank equal skills but is simply show that the r1 got no clue on how to play his own class or how the game even work

Paid tPvP= The organized team will truly obtain great experience by fightning against players of their same level of experience, this experience will be vital for them in trying to beat the top teams, but right now the guilds which go to farm tickets in Free tPvP will keep having no chance against skilled players because winning with voice chat against a r1-5 team will teach them nothing, they’ll go in paid tournaments and be steamrolled again

But why we need a ranked system asap?
-People are getting tired of sPvP zerg
-People are getting tired of being paired with less experienced players in free tPvP and being steam rolled by guilds which are there to farm tickets
-Average PvP players just go back to sPvP and steamroll newb players which in return bring even more cry nerfs on the forum
-Average people , the ones who can’t practice 12 hours at day in tournaments, and the ones who still enjoy PvP need something which sit in the middle between these top teams and the newb class that goes to sPvP

It doesn’t matter that old people leave and new ones arrive, soon or later without ranked system the PvP system will collapse, it’s bound to happen, maybe not now, maybe not in 1 year time but it’ll happen

in PvP

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

I agree on this. Even if you’re in a team of pugs, if the overall ranking of you and your team member let say 1500 points, and you are match up with a premade team of 1500 points players, you will still be able to have a decent match, due to everyone have the same rank. Unlike all this face roll that we get nowdays.

in PvP

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

I support rankings.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Is there anyone against rankings???

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

I was laughing so hard at A.Net when the patch came out and they posted the QP point bullkitten without any sort of Elo system.

If they do not have a ranking system this games competitive PvP will fail.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

in PvP

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I thought it worked that way already. If you mouse over “play” on the server board doesnt it say something to the effect you’ll be paired with similar rank players?

I stopped using it because it ended up being half full servers all the time.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in PvP

Posted by: Doolio.1865

Doolio.1865

Yes, but, IMHO, rank system in GW2 is flawed (as it’s based on grind, rather than non-quantity based formula) and spvp rewards are encouraging specific style of play which can be damaging to the actual player strategy and tactics. I think that a lot more complex system of awarding points should be in place (similar to WoT or WoW).

in PvP

Posted by: Im Too Godlike.5629

Im Too Godlike.5629

How dare you compare this to gw1 heroes ascent, that was the best pvp ever made in the universe. ever. Heroes ascent died because guild wars 1 died, not because pvp died. With less people there, people were tired of taking hours to form a group, so every1 except guild teams stopped doing it all together.

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I remember heroes ascent. I started playing gw1 a year or 2 late. I was like, lets try heroes ascent, now to find a team. Oh everyone is looking for people with 6+fame, bugger guess I cant play this then.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

they should also remove spvp, i dont know anyone that enjoys it, they simply use it to grind because they get stomped in tournies

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

I am fairly certain that it’s an issue of manpower,,,they dont have a team of 100 programmers dedicated to implementing pvp features,,, code is tough to write and debug,,, it just takes time

in the mean time i try to keep optimistic and support arenanet because the pvp i can see a lot of potential in the future

in PvP

Posted by: Doolio.1865

Doolio.1865

Yes, but that’s the point. Many will leave, maybe not you or me, but many will. And massiveness is one of the key elements for a MMORPG. The game should have been released in 2013. then, so the full release would be actually full release.

Now, I understand it’s the publisher’s fault and not the devs, but I am just pointing out the importance of having bunch of polished and great things NAO

in PvP

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

I think what’s really needed is a more fleshed out matchmaking system for free tournaments. It’s obviously dependent upon there being sufficient numbers of players queuing up at a time, but if it’s possible I’d like to see full groups (or near full groups) only matched in tournaments with other full (or near full) groups. Frankly, a group of 5 people who queued alone aren’t ever going to beat a pre-made party that’s coordinated and in vent/teamspeak/mumble together.

PUGs should be matched with PUGs. That alone should help resolve the issue. While matching by rank sounds like a good idea, it does have some downsides. It doesn’t really resolve the matchup against an organized team, somewhat hinders the development of new players, and would likely require a very high number of concurrent people in the queue (which without knowing the actual numbers for people queuing I can’t say if that’s an issue right now or not).

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Maybe some kind of seeding based on teams average tournament win percentage. Make free tournaments a bit odd, like 1v6, 3v4, 2v5, 7v8. You’ve got a decent shot at some kind of chest no matter how bad you are that way.

If some kind of matchmaking is implemented, it needs to be hidden, or people are going to game it, just like every other matchmaking system ever.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in PvP

Syeria.4812

Maybe some kind of seeding based on teams average tournament win percentage. Make free tournaments a bit odd, like 1v6, 3v4, 2v5, 7v8. You’ve got a decent shot at some kind of chest no matter how bad you are that way.

If some kind of matchmaking is implemented, it needs to be hidden, or people are going to game it, just like every other matchmaking system ever.

While that should provide some small relief, I don’t know how effective it would be. PUGs would still have more or less no chance of winning a tournament unless there were no premades (or those premades were really bad). As a side effect, matching the some of the “best” teams in the tournament in the first round would cause them to recycle out to new tournaments again, essentially increasing the relative frequency of pre-mades in tournaments. I think you’d end up with a scenario that’s not meaningfully better than what we have now.

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

There’s no actual proof of this info, but someone on reddit claims that Jon Peters stated they are working on a GLICKO based rating system.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gw2esports/comments/126sb8/jon_peters_confirms_that_glicko_will_be_the/

Hopefully this is true and is something that is very close to being done.

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

You wouldn’t have the best teams facing each other, it’s a standard seed but with the bottom two teams removed and matched against each other (which possibly gives the second rated team a better run at the final, but they’ll usually make it there anyway with the field as diverse as it is in terms of skill). People who pug a lot are going to end up in those bottom two teams a lot, while people who only play with a regular team won’t. Glicko would be fine too, although obviously it’s gonna result in longer queues.

in PvP

Syeria.4812

You wouldn’t have the best teams facing each other, it’s a standard seed but with the bottom two teams removed and matched against each other (which possibly gives the second rated team a better run at the final, but they’ll usually make it there anyway with the field as diverse as it is in terms of skill). People who pug a lot are going to end up in those bottom two teams a lot, while people who only play with a regular team won’t. Glicko would be fine too, although obviously it’s gonna result in longer queues.

I was more talking about the 3 seed facing the 4 seed. In a situation where there’s 4 pre-mades (or even just 2 pre-mades and 2 “good pugs”) you’re still highly likely to eject an extra higher end team if only because you’re guaranteeing a bad team makes round two. I might be overstating the impact, but without real numbers, I don’t feel that solution would be particularly effective.

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

In a regular seed 4 plays 5. It’s no different, just that 2/5 gets an easier match than they usually would in round 2. BTW, I don’t particularly care if pugs can win or not. I just think that you need to throw a bone to teams who aren’t the greatest. Honestly, if you’re losing because you’re pugging, there’s a solution in place already.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

There’s no actual proof of this info, but someone on reddit claims that Jon Peters stated they are working on a GLICKO based rating system.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gw2esports/comments/126sb8/jon_peters_confirms_that_glicko_will_be_the/

Hopefully this is true and is something that is very close to being done.

Now why in gods name can they say these things on some guys stream i dont want to watch instead of posting it here on these forums? This is kittening great news. Hope they bring a solo queue tournament in as well. That would go a long way for the games replayability. Now if they’d even put in deathmatches or arenas i might actually see some light at the end of the dark, silent tunnel.