We need a built in voice chat

in PvP

Posted by: MrFluffy.9307

MrFluffy.9307

It’s pretty difficult trying to coordinate with just typing, and I imagine this would make it easier to do team-play in pubs. What are your thoughts?

Hi

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

ahhh I can see it now:

Scrub 1: “WHAT THE !$# WHY DID YOU GO FAR YOU !$#%$, GO MID!”

Scrub 2: “WHATEVER MAN, !$@# YOU, PUSHING FAR WINS GAMES”

Scrub 3: “Geez, you guys are a bunch of children, i’m going afk”

Remainder of the match, random yelling at eachother for useless crap

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

MrFluffy.9307

ahhh I can see it now:

Scrub 1: “WHAT THE !$# WHY DID YOU GO FAR YOU !$#%$, GO MID!”

Scrub 2: “WHATEVER MAN, !$@# YOU, PUSHING FAR WINS GAMES”

Scrub 3: “Geez, you guys are a bunch of children, i’m going afk”

Remainder of the match, random yelling at eachother for useless crap

Couple things:

1) we already have people arguing in map chat, this just gives people who want to cooperate a better medium then typing through a keyboard

2) blocking a person would mute them as well

Hi

in PvP

Posted by: Morozzko.2136

Morozzko.2136

no please dont do it(

Main Engi, all other 80

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Voice chat would be cool but I don’t think most people on a PUG team would even use it..I don’t even think most people on a PUG team are even awake and looking at their screen. But yea it should be there for people who would actually use it

in PvP

Posted by: Argilla.8340

Argilla.8340

1+ this is a feature that’s long overdue and would improve the game by so much more

full support

in PvP

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Oh, that’d be another awesome thing to be disabled.

in PvP

Posted by: Jak Shadow.2864

Jak Shadow.2864

People wouldn’t have to use it but it would give choices. So long as there was a block function this would be a great addition to the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

I think this would be excellent for team work and discussing strategy pre game

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

no thx i dont want 12 years old mesmer mains squealing in my ear

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Have you ever played CSGO? Go ahead and do that. You’ll delete this thread on your own, I guarantee it.

DISCLAIMER: You’ll hear a lot of “cyka blyat”. No offense to our russian friends xD

in PvP

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

In a Utopian situation, this feature would be so good and one which would enhance gameplay immensely. In reality, however, this would suck so much and probably doubly so for females. No thanks. I’ll continue to enjoy picking and choosing who I converse with in private TS servers and accepting the no voice comms limitation which comes with solo queuing. Quite honestly you don’t even need voice comms if your situational/map awareness is good anyway.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

All you need to do is disable chat, get some wine and enjoy the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Sardath.8524

Sardath.8524

The game direly needs this. It’s the only advantage some premades have.

For those afraid of toxicity, there is always a block/mute button. It literally has no impact on you – please don’t dismiss the idea just because you don’t like it, many people want it and every serious PvP game has it. Also, keep in mind this is Gw2, not Cs:GO, which can sometimes truly be cancerous – especially since there are way more players involved in a match and it has an overall toxic community.

Even if a lot of people won’t use it, one player managing the others is a huge improvement. It can be done in WvW for groups of +20, it’s way easier for 5 players.

I really hope Anet will implement something simple, even if it’s a 3rd party addon or something.

Edit: Others have suggested simple keybound commands(decap far, assist mid etc), but unfortunately it wouldn’t work since every map has unique secondary objectives and we also have Stronghold.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

With a competent team you rarely see chatter. My wins = close to 0 communication because the plan is obvious. Losses = tons of map chat raging.

And the people that most often use public voice comms are preteens and trolls. Don’t want.

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

The game direly needs this. It’s the only advantage some premades have.

For those afraid of toxicity, there is always a block/mute button. It literally has no impact on you – please don’t dismiss the idea just because you don’t like it, many people want it and every serious PvP game has it. Also, keep in mind this is Gw2, not Cs:GO, which can sometimes truly be cancerous – especially since there are way more players involved in a match and it has an overall toxic community.

Even if a lot of people won’t use it, one player managing the others is a huge improvement. It can be done in WvW for groups of +20, it’s way easier for 5 players.

I really hope Anet will implement something simple, even if it’s a 3rd party addon or something.

Edit: Others have suggested simple keybound commands(decap far, assist mid etc), but unfortunately it wouldn’t work since every map has unique secondary objectives and we also have Stronghold.

Um …. why do you think Gw2’s pvp community isn’t equally toxic? o.O what gave you this impression.

You better play on your best 24/7 or boooy oh boy you are going to get a kittenstorm in your way.

in PvP

Posted by: Sardath.8524

Sardath.8524

Um …. why do you think Gw2’s pvp community isn’t equally toxic? o.O what gave you this impression.

You better play on your best 24/7 or boooy oh boy you are going to get a kittenstorm in your way.

It’s simple. Firstly, Gw2 is not a purely competitive game, so its players interact with each other in cooperative endeavors and this tends to create communities and an overall less hostile behavior. A part of this will inevitably translate to PvP, because most players are PvX.

Secondly, the target audience of Gw2 differs slightly from other toxic games. Shooters and Mobas in general are easy to learn, hard to master – Gw2 is arguably harder to learn and arguably as hard to master. Bluntly speaking, this puts off a lot of stupid players that just want to point and shoot. Less stupid players, less toxicity.

I can easily say Gw2 Pvp is the least toxic of all competitive games I’ve ever played, with other Mmorpgs coming close.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

Voice chat just for people you party up with would be good.

Easier than arranging teamspeak with every random you occasionally team up with and keeps unwanted noise out.

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Luckily there are existing voicechat programs available.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

+1 I agree the option should be there. Many pugs probably wont use it but for some it would be very useful to counter the premade Teamspeak teams.

And for the person who said players would argue on voice chat. I’d rather they argue on voice than waste time typing it out,

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Ellie.5913

Yea believe it or not most of us don’t use teamspeak or any other type of voice chat things so this would come in handy for those who want to get organized the rest can just turn it off

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

It’s simple. Firstly, Gw2 is not a purely competitive game, so its players interact with each other in cooperative endeavors and this tends to create communities and an overall less hostile behavior. A part of this will inevitably translate to PvP, because most players are PvX.

Secondly, the target audience of Gw2 differs slightly from other toxic games. Shooters and Mobas in general are easy to learn, hard to master – Gw2 is arguably harder to learn and arguably as hard to master. Bluntly speaking, this puts off a lot of stupid players that just want to point and shoot. Less stupid players, less toxicity.

I can easily say Gw2 Pvp is the least toxic of all competitive games I’ve ever played, with other Mmorpgs coming close.

Don’t underestimate the tactical awareness and reflexes required to play a shooter well. It’s high art when played at a high level. It’s the second most prestigious and respected genre in gaming behind fighters. You can even get around the bad WASD movement in shooters by modding a flight stick.

in PvP

Posted by: Chrury.4627

Chrury.4627

On topic, I would so use a voicechat feature in PvP. I generally solo queue and I just can’t type fast enough for important information.

in PvP

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

I feel like people would use it to flame rather than to actually coordinate. Most people that want to talk will join a guild with friends and use ts.

in PvP

Ellie.5913

@ TheAngryDuckling I dissagree. Most people SoloQueue alone and never use TS. I’ve never used TS and never will. As for flameing well there usually is and off button to things if its getting used for bad rather than good. I think its time Anet catered to the majority aka the solo players for a change so they can enjoy pvp too instead of getting farmed by organized premades non stop untill they just quit the game because its not fun losing every single match simply because you are not a premade

in PvP

Posted by: Engel.6029

Engel.6029

It would be nice but it will probably be like it is in Overwatch with hardly anyone actually talking.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryu Kaisus.1293

Ryu Kaisus.1293

+1’d Would be a great addition.

in PvP

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

-16272828 this would be chaos

in PvP

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

I think it would be a great addition. Check or uncheck this box to join or leave voice chat. It could be part of the party list… right click to mute a person. Have a lit button next to who is speaking.

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

in PvP

Posted by: Beliyal.7085

Beliyal.7085

It would be a good idea to have it, but of course with mandatory options to mute and block (that are easy to click during the match itself).

in PvP

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

Anet will not do it and they have already said they do not plan to ever implement this type of feature (and I agree with their decision). There is no real benefit to this and personally I would just advertise my personally owned TS server in team chat b4 the game.

AFAIK there is only a single game with this feature “EVE Online”. 99% of the corporations (basically guilds for that game) use a VOIP such as vent or TS due to it being rather terrible. It would be the EXACT same way if GW2 had one, it would either be laggy, very non customizable, likely no way to turn some people up or down, and very little support to go with it.

All in all I say it is an AMAZING idea in THEORY, but in practice it has always proved to be more of a mess than anything. How about we wait for anet to finally make a raid tab in the LFG before suggesting whole new systems lol

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

That would end up like in-game VoIP they implemented into World of Warcraft couple years ago.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

MrFluffy.9307

Have you ever played CSGO? Go ahead and do that. You’ll delete this thread on your own, I guarantee it.

DISCLAIMER: You’ll hear a lot of “cyka blyat”. No offense to our russian friends xD

I’ve played Dota, and it’s just as toxic I guarantee it. I understand that allowing us to have a voice chat provides an opportunity for abuse, but a simple mute function should solve that issue.

Hi

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It’ll be nice if there was some partnership with a free VOIP system to embed their VOIP in GW2 so we can just input the login once and connect automatically, but people may start kittening about which one is it. People is rather particular about which VOIP they like, and end up’ refusing using the ‘official’ one.

Another way could be ‘obfuscating’ it, so the login is provided by the system and people don’t even know we are actually using a third party VOIP.

I doubt we’ll get VOIP officially other way, it’ll take resources ANet probably doesn’t have.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

It’ll be nice if there was some partnership with a free VOIP system to embed their VOIP in GW2 so we can just input the login once and connect automatically, but people may start kittening about which one is it. People is rather particular about which VOIP they like, and end up’ refusing using the ‘official’ one.

Another way could be ‘obfuscating’ it, so the login is provided by the system and people don’t even know we are actually using a third party VOIP.

I doubt we’ll get VOIP officially other way, it’ll take resources ANet probably doesn’t have.

Well, I’ve already preferred services where I can limit the volume of my teammates. Or boost it. Because some people have bad mics and others have super boosted mics on a headset and when they scream the whole neighborhood hears about it v.v

I think it’s logical to have such requirements.