We need attack direction indicators

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Even with the camera at max FoV it is quite annoying not knowing you are getting attacked by people who are out of camera view with ranged burst skills especially when already engaged in a fight. I suggest including an option to turn on attack direction indicators. These could be as simple as red chevrons on the edge of the screen appearing in the direction that someone is attacking you, out of your field of view.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

This would make sense too. You’re character would know where the attack is coming from, so why shouldn’t we? Our characters don’t rely on turning around a camera see what’s behind them.

On the other hand, most range attacks have projectiles or giant beams, so you could use that as an indicator too. It’s either realism, or a tiny bit of skill.

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Or you could just actually pan around and pay the kitten attention……/

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Is it just me, or does gw2 support pseudo surround sound, making it pretty easy to “hear” the direction of effects?

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Is it just me, or does gw2 support pseudo surround sound, making it pretty easy to “hear” the direction of effects?

Helps me spot stealthed thieves a lot.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

What you are suggesting makes no sense. Panning the camera around 360 degrees constantly while fighting 1v1, 1v2, 2v2 etc, is not a realistic option.

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

It is if you think another enemy will come. Just kite and pan around then re-engage again

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Oh i have an idea: play a thief – it will teach you really quick to be aware of your surrounding xD

All is Vain~

in PvP

Yasi.9065

So what you actually want is a radar and for thieves to loose their stealth? Or is that thief attacking you and staying stealthed? Sorry mate, but your argument just doesnt make any sense.

If that thief attacks you, he is out of stealth and either he is in melee and you really should see him no matter what… or he is ranged, and then I hear the direction of the bullets or see the direction of the arrows.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

GW2 is a third person MMO. Not that I’m against any indicators, but I doubt its very high on anets list, if at all.

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Just played a couple of matches just to confirm my first post in this thread. You really need no more attack direction indicator. Either projectiles are glaringly obvious, or, with bullets… sound is. I really have absolutely no trouble spotting players that attack me from range. Be it as add to ongoing fight or ranged first inc.

in PvP

MyPuppy.8970

So what you actually want is a radar and for thieves to loose their stealth? Or is that thief attacking you and staying stealthed? Sorry mate, but your argument just doesnt make any sense.

If that thief attacks you, he is out of stealth and either he is in melee and you really should see him no matter what… or he is ranged, and then I hear the direction of the bullets or see the direction of the arrows.

I never asked for anything, i was just adding a comment related to the post above me. I was basicaly saying that surround sounds are helpful against stealthed thieves. Surrounding awareness is visual/audio/minimap.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

it wont be hard with:

-Allies
-Enemies
-Buffs
-Arrows

?

To me reading the small map is a bit hard ( class icons are way to large tbh ).

in PvP

Yasi.9065

I never asked for anything, i was just adding a comment related to the post above me. I was basicaly saying that surround sounds are helpful against stealthed thieves. Surrounding awareness is visual/audio/minimap.

My bad then Agree with this.

in PvP

MyPuppy.8970

Not indicating mesmer clones would be a HUGE qol improvement. If we know there’s a mesmer, we know there are clones, no need to cluster the minimap anymore.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Not indicating mesmer clones would be a HUGE qol improvement. If we know there’s a mesmer, we know there are clones, no need to cluster the minimap anymore.

To add to that, not indicating which is the real mesmer when they use their downed stealth would be an even better QoL fix for mesmer. As it is (and has been), there’s really no point producing a clone since there’s still a big red arrow over the real one.

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

To add to that, not indicating which is the real mesmer when they use their downed stealth would be an even better QoL fix for mesmer. As it is (and has been), there’s really no point producing a clone since there’s still a big red arrow over the real one.

in PvP

MyPuppy.8970

I agree.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

in PvP

Cynz.9437

funny enough i still got teammates that stomp clones instead of real one…. it was in diamond lulz

All is Vain~

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Sometimes they’re in a hurry and were caught up in the heat of the fight. If they do that in a 1v1……lol.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Sometimes they’re in a hurry and were caught up in the heat of the fight. If they do that in a 1v1……lol.

2v2: me and guard vs mes/necro, i down mesmer, spam interrupts on necro so he can’t rez mes, our guard starts to stomp clone…. mes gets rezzed, i down mes again, guard stomps mesmer clone again… i wish i had recorded it :|

All is Vain~

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Rip, should’ve just cleaved them both.

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

What you are suggesting makes no sense. Panning the camera around 360 degrees constantly while fighting 1v1, 1v2, 2v2 etc, is not a realistic option.

Considering I do precisely that I’d say it’s quite realistic. Been doing it since my days of playing Aion. You can easily manage 2 spins a second if it’s really chaotic and you really need to see where everyone is at all times. I initially hated the change that made Necro Wells ground targeted by default for this reason until they added snap targeting and you could combine it with instant cast to make it just like it used to be.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

I agree.

Doesn’t actually matter. The real one always appears second. I didn’t even notice the arrow for the longest time. They’d need to remove the arrow and make the clone appear at the same time as the Mesmer.

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

I agree.

Doesn’t actually matter. The real one always appears second. I didn’t even notice the arrow for the longest time. They’d need to remove the arrow and make the clone appear at the same time as the Mesmer.

Or they could make it random. One time, its the clone that spawns first and, in another instance, the real mes spawns first.