Weapons as a true part of PVP build

in PvP

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

We set up weapons, sigils, runes, amulets, and traits desperately for PVP. Yet we don’t store those weapons and switch to them, unlike everything else, when we go to PVP. As a result, every day you see matches ruined because someone forgot to change from their PVE to their PVP weapon set. I myself have been the one committing this sin, going into matches only to try to fight and realize I am wielding a useless set of weapons. We shouldn’t have to remember this, just as we don’t have to remember to change our traits every time we change game type. It’s not like the fact that you changed to a new sword in your inventory matters in PVP, but it sure matter is you have a sword instead of a staff. Change the equipment when we go to and from PVP.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

If you start a queue for a PvP match you have all the time to look at your weapons, before and after you enter in the map.
If you forgot to change your set is not an ANet problem, it’s only you.

in PvP

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

the solution is quite simple:
WTB build ( & gear) templates.
Load→ template→“pvp condi warrior”

/load into raid
Load→template→“raid ps war”

/load into wvw
Load→template→“wvw marauder warrior”

Pretty sure I’d have at least 5 builds saved for every single class..

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in PvP

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Depending on people to remember EVERY TIME is clearly not a reliable method. This happens to people all the time. Maybe you have never done it, Silv, but I have been both the one who has and in matches with plenty of others who have done it. Whichever side has someone doing it typically loses, so it IS an unbalancing factor. There is no technical reason that you should have to do this manually; if they can change everything else they can change this too.

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Depending on people to remember EVERY TIME is clearly not a reliable method. This happens to people all the time. Maybe you have never done it, Silv, but I have been both the one who has and in matches with plenty of others who have done it. Whichever side has someone doing it typically loses, so it IS an unbalancing factor. There is no technical reason that you should have to do this manually; if they can change everything else they can change this too.

Also it happened to me quite often that I join the match as a necro but just have to relog because the enemy classes would 100% hardcounter me. In this case you don’t have any time left to switch around your entire weaponsets. (which also have to be in the right spot in order to have sigils on the right weapon…)
@Silv you are also forgetting that you can que outside of hotm where you don’t have an option to change around your pvp gear.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Silv.9207

Also it happened to me quite often that I join the match as a necro but just have to relog because the enemy classes would 100% hardcounter me. In this case you don’t have any time left to switch around your entire weaponsets. (which also have to be in the right spot in order to have sigils on the right weapon…)
@Silv you are also forgetting that you can que outside of hotm where you don’t have an option to change around your pvp gear.

Can’t I? O.o
Oh S*it, that’s true! Outside of Heart of the Mists I can’t change my weapon set!
Sorry, i always forgot that when I queue when outside the pvp area I can not change my weapon set because it become magically unchangeable. I’m really sorry…

Seriously, if you talk about the amulet, sigil, rune and traits, that’s ok, outside of Heart of the Mists you can’t change it, but what is the problem? You need ONLY to change your weapons…
A unranked queue last for more or less a minute and even when you enter the pvp map you have more than a minute to look to your weapons and Change them if you got the wrong ones.

Seriously, guys, it’s only a L2P issue. No, it’s not, it’s only a “look to what you’re doing” issue.

ANet is not responsable if you start the game with the wrong weapon set, then don’t ask them to fix anything. You have all the time to change your weapons outside of the match and change your build (if you need) when you enter in. You also have all the time you need to reroll another class if you see a lot of enemies that counter you.

Just pay attention to what you’re doing.

in PvP

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Seriously, guys, it’s only a L2P issue. No, it’s not, it’s only a “look to what you’re doing” issue.

ANet is not responsable if you start the game with the wrong weapon set, then don’t ask them to fix anything. You have all the time to change your weapons outside of the match and change your build (if you need) when you enter in. You also have all the time you need to reroll another class if you see a lot of enemies that counter you.

Just pay attention to what you’re doing.

No Anet is not responsible, but that does not mean they can’t implement a feature that should have been in the game long ago (I am talking about build templates)

Seriously Silv.9207 why are you even arguing about this? Clearly, this is just a feature request on a much desired and long-over-due quality of life enhancement. Unless you are the guy who has to implement it, it should not impact you negatively.

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Oh yeah you are right. Of course you can already swap your weapons outside of hotm. I kitten ed a little there but the basic point still stands

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Silv.9207

It will for shure not impact it negatively, it canb e good, but we already have a LOT of things that we need to get fixed or changed and have a big priority over a barely useless feature.
I’m not against that, I only say that it’s a useless feature.
Also, if you have a selected weapon and then you drop it in the bank, change the specific weapon with another one of the same kind or anyway don’t have it(or a similar) with you when the match start? You will play without your weapon/s because you forgot to change your sPvP setup without look to what you’re holding in your hands?