Weird evades when stunning (possibly bug?)

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

I’ve noticed it a couple times already. Sometimes when I try to land a stun on someone and they evade miliseconds after, they take damage from the skill, but are not stunned. Instead ‘Evade’ message shows up. Usually happens with Skull Crack.

It’s weird. If they take damage, why don’t they eat stun too? Or if they evade stun, why not evade damage too?

Anyone noticed this?
Are stuns applied AFTER the damage? If so, why?

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

You sure they didn’t have stability up also?

in PvP

Harrier.9380

Yup, I’m sure. Happened couple times in 1v1s vs classes without access to stability, like spirit ranger using sword #3 evade.

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Never noticed anything like that. I was under the impression that stuns happen before the damage. I believe the hammer f1 gains the bonus damage from merciless hammer because of this. Not sure but something you could test. You said usually, what other stuns have you noticed this with?

in PvP

Posted by: Neare.9703

Neare.9703

Pro stunbreaking.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Never noticed anything like that. I was under the impression that stuns happen before the damage. I believe the hammer f1 gains the bonus damage from merciless hammer because of this. Not sure but something you could test. You said usually, what other stuns have you noticed this with?

Hammer does apply stun first, mace and shield do not.

in PvP

Posted by: Psych.6527

Psych.6527

Its the same with immobilize, Mesmer swords #3 skill iLeap→Swap person evades just after the swap, they get the immobilize but still somehow evade with immobilize?
This is crucial part of a mesmer doing burst damage and this bug completely negates that.

Finch Psydstep|Phantasmal Mesmer and Council Leader of
Gamers Republic of South Africa[RSA]|Aurora Glade.
“If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule, of honor!”

in PvP

Harrier.9380

Its the same with immobilize, Mesmer swords #3 skill iLeap->Swap person evades just after the swap, they get the immobilize but still somehow evade with immobilize?
This is crucial part of a mesmer doing burst damage and this bug completely negates that.

Well all Immobilizes work like this for some reason, wondering what’s the case for it too.

in PvP

Posted by: ChaiTea.1256

ChaiTea.1256

I feel like I had a similar problem with skull crack on a ranger, though I was not sure if i saw the Evade text, and I did not have time to check the combat log because I was in the middle of fighting but it has happened a few times where im fairly certain i hit them with skull crack, hear the the sound of it connecting, yet they are not stunned, nor do they have stability and my adrenaline is spent.

Kuruseii

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

This has happened to me once. I was fighting my friend whilst he was playing his thief, he steals the Whirling Axe skill from me and proceeds to use it. Now every time a Thief has done this I’ve been able to stun them but for some reason when I activated my skull crack, I just saw evade.

In my case it could be that he evaded whilst still in the animation of Whirling axe but that seems unlikely because he would have moved further away from me if that was the case.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Psych.6527

Psych.6527

Its the same with immobilize, Mesmer swords #3 skill iLeap->Swap person evades just after the swap, they get the immobilize but still somehow evade with immobilize?

Well all Immobilizes work like this for some reason, wondering what’s the case for it too.

Jip, was just giving an example but i think this issue also needs to be addressed along with the evading when stunned. They both seem to have equal importance

Finch Psydstep|Phantasmal Mesmer and Council Leader of
Gamers Republic of South Africa[RSA]|Aurora Glade.
“If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule, of honor!”

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Heared about a autocast hack.

iow. as soon as a hit lands the target automatically cast a counter within miliseconds if not on cd.

Thats why you see classes only spam 1 till you attack all hell breaks loose and you die.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.