Weird instant kills

Weird instant kills

in PvP

Posted by: Mebaru.4513

Mebaru.4513

This happens to me time to time when I play unranked. Basically, like this – in the middle of the fight I suddenly loose all my health (can be like 15k) and become downed. In combat log I can’t see anything that can explain how I lost all my health in a blink of an eye.
Just now I was fighting with ranger and thief, I had 18k hp out of 21k. I blinked out of stun, ran several steps and become downed. Ranger and thief where quite at a distance from me. In combat log where few hits for like 1k and nothing more. Could be lag or something?

Weird instant kills

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

That’s a strange one, Probably caused by lag, sometime the enemy thief won’t render in, so his backstab will either be listed as Unknown, or not at all.

Weird instant kills

in PvP

Posted by: Soul.9280

Soul.9280

The combat log should still show all the damage that you’re taking, the answer should be there, and if it isn’t THEN there is a bug that needs urgent investigation.

Weird instant kills

in PvP

Posted by: xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028

xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028

this looks very weird, it could be a lag spike, check the death log after you die. you might miss something from the combat log but the death log should have it.

Weird instant kills

in PvP

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

New elite specialization: the shinigami.
Weapon: death note.

Weird instant kills

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Had this happen to me before. I’m pretty sure it is just a lag issue.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Weird instant kills

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

ranger was probably running the cheesy instakiller pet build and i guess stealth attacks arent registered

Weird instant kills

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

ranger was probably running the cheesy instakiller pet build and i guess stealth attacks arent registered

The build your referring too hasn’t worked since the aquaman patch.

Ghost Yak

Weird instant kills

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

The build your referring too hasn’t worked since the aquaman patch.

doesnt mean an occasional person or two wont try i saw some actually try it lol
but yes dint go well for him or her

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

Weird instant kills

in PvP

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

Curious, did the Ranger equip a Drake?

Weird instant kills

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

I’m just going to chime in here since there is in fact a bug with the combat log. I’ve tested this with thief, and if you manage to “1-hit” someone, none of the damage shows up in the combat log or the death breakdown.

I’ve tested this on a might stacking glass thief and it’s easily repeatable (full signets, scholar rune, berserker amulet, pop all signets for might and extra damage increase then steal + backstab). None of the damage from steal, sigil procs, nor backstab will show up in the combat log if you down the player in a single attack.

You can down a player with one hit using drake tail sweep + maul on GS with a ranger if you’ve used signet of the wild. I’m too lazy to test it, but I bet a similar thing would happen as thief and none of the damage would get recorded properly in the combat log and death break down.

Edit: Just some quick numbers — GS maul hits for ~ 9-10k on glassy low armor builds and drake hits for 5k with tail sweep. With sigil of air + fire, it’s pretty easy to get 15k damage against someone with no armor/protection.

(edited by Kharr.5746)

Weird instant kills

in PvP

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

The pet ( wolf for example ) can hit you for about 10-12 k with sick em and Signet of the wild .

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

Weird instant kills

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

Maybe your character fainted or tripped on a stone. Did you keep an eye on your drink the entire time? You nvr know those pesky mesmers.

Weird instant kills

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Something is definitely missing from the combat log. If you add up the damage in the combat log it rarely adds up to the amount required to down you. If you have 21K health, you should take 21K damage to down you, but this isn’t usually reflected in the log.