Welcome to "Thief Wars 2 "

in PvP

Posted by: Merrex.5384

Merrex.5384

At least thats what it seams to be like now everyone is playing thief I never seen so many Thief’s before in pvp like 3 sometimes 4 on each side almost every battle.

Why can’t the matchmaker put in one of each class make it fun and interesting ?
Unless there is not any other classes being played ?

Is thief the new Meta for PvP now ? Play Thief or don’t bother playing ?

I have nothing against Thief and I don’t mind it when there is 1 maybe 2 per group but this is not much fun always having to fight the same class each time.

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

A-Net’s solution to the bunker meta was “the comp with more damage wins” while leaving zero counterplay to said damage. (eg. Reapers, Thieves)

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

A-Net’s solution to the bunker meta was “the comp with more damage wins” while leaving zero counterplay to said damage. (eg. Reapers, Thieves)

Yep, they still somehow manage to keep making everything worse and worse.
Simultaneously overbuffing thief and reaper while also overnerfing sustain from mesmer, ele, rev, barely buffing warrior and while also removing defensive trinkets from pvp. Like what kind of joke is this?

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Buffing thief was not a bad thing. I jsut fear it was a bit one sided. But Anet generally seems to focus on a few builds to ease balancing and this is the wrong aproach for a game like GW2. This is something you do if you don´t have the developers that work on the classes hard. Buffing reaper seems to much.
Also Ele got a serious hit from DS and cele removal, there was no need to nerf auras too, its just overshooting before all settles down. Also alcatricity halved feels like crono gutting deluxe. I am shure mesmer is still playable but crono might be on the lower end now.
Ranger pets + scraper was not realy adressed. Can´t say if it is so OP, but scrapper is definitly extremly powerful.
The patch itself and direction was inded good. But is seems overshooting on some edges + not adressing 90% of traits and skills that need rework/buffs. The result will end with low diversity again and some overtuned meta builds.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: SuperduperMLGbsns.9345

SuperduperMLGbsns.9345

I would wait a couple of days with threads like these. A class which has been buffed is always overhyped and gets more attention at the beginning of every patch.

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Agrios.9071

Agrios.9071

Reason why you see more thiefs is simply because all the thief players could not play their main profession during the season because it was so weak compared to others there.

Dreamland Of Cookies [mmmh]

in PvP

Posted by: girginov.3528

girginov.3528

i thought i saw a thief

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Play DH, lay some traps, watch 90% of thieves walk into them and explode. Even better, duo with a necro friend with marks just to make sure all the thieves die fast.

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Yeah the thief buffs were mindless. What they really needed were some minor traits in trickery made baseline, new traits to replace them, and possibly some tweaks to existing ones. There was also a suggestion I liked which was to add blinding powder as an F3 skill instead of a utility.

It is typical of ANet, to nerf the problem - which is what we want, instead of buff something to create a solution leading to power creep and more overpoweredness. But then to buff a solution anyway, so instead of turning imbalance into balance, they just invert the scales - 5-2 becomes 2-5 instead of 2-2.

They nerfed bunker mesmer, which was great. Removed. Main problem fixed; now we can have a better meta inwhich we can look to see what other problems there might be. But they didn’t stop. They removed celestial so elementalist needed buffs to be viable, but instead buffed thief and REALLY buffed necro, which now that we’re already out of a bunker meta - with bunker mesmer dealt with - they didn’t need! Alright the corrupt boon change would have been alright on its own, and some buffs that thieves actually asked for would have been welcomed, but of course not.

Everything was fine except, either don’t remove celestial, or, instead of buffing thief and necro, that effort should have gone into elementalist in light of being hit hard with that amulet’s removal. Instead of merely being hit hard, now, they are almost free kills to thieves and necros.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: girginov.3528

girginov.3528

Play DH, lay some traps, watch 90% of thieves walk into them and explode. Even better, duo with a necro friend with marks just to make sure all the thieves die fast.

You are right. I dont understant why they are crying thief op op op op op op op op op op firstly they must test it after that they could explain their experiences

in PvP

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

This duo is cancer >.< faced them a couple of times … 100% loss rate and not even a thief … (I guess only good ranged class could deal with this … other than normal teamfight

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

Reason why you see more thiefs is simply because all the thief players could not play their main profession during the season because it was so weak compared to others there.

the fact is. thief was part of past metas many many times, and so was ele. What anet did to Mesmer is very unreasonable. Chrono Bunker is also not what the mesmer community wanted for a viable build in competitive league, but we had no better options.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea…thief is in a pretty awkward situation. Without the AA buff, it would still be a trash profession for raids (worse than guardians). With the AA buff, it’s become the flavor of the month in PvP and it would have been just fine without the damage increase just from the changes to other classes and amulet removals.

in PvP

kuritsutian.2987

Personally I like this squishy thief meta :P …problem is hitting them tho … and keeping them in the battle… it’s like “whack a thief”

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

Personally I like this squishy thief meta :P …problem is hitting them tho … and keeping them in the battle… it’s like “whack a thief”

Well…it is at least easy to spot who rerolled from the previous FotM (bunker mes) to the new one (Thief) when you see thieves that think they can actually tank a hit or stick around in big team fights.

in PvP

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Enjoy it while it lasts is all I can say to all the fotm thief players (while feeling quite sad about actual thief players).

We all know how this is going to end:

- arenanet take a look at thief → thief becomes unplayable for the next 2 years.

All the while every serious thief player who enjoys his class and has been providing valuable feedback will be left to dry.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Well…it is at least easy to spot who rerolled from the previous FotM (bunker mes) to the new one (Thief) when you see thieves that think they can actually tank a hit or stick around in big team fights.

Truth. Thief is as squishy as ever, and I feel like many who swapped because they feel like the AA buff made them god tier are in for a surprise.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Thieves finally got a combo worthy of their skill level. lol Just joking here.

But seriously 1-1-1-1-1-1-1. Why try to pull off a complex combo when you can just play with 1 hand and win?

It’s like the new balance team has no clue that you’re supposed to balance according to a difficulty/reward ratio. You should win by pulling off a good combo, not pressing 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 like a thief or rolling your face on the keys like a necro.

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

If the thief is just pressing 1-1-1-1-1-1 and you die, might I suggest some form of mobility and just putting some distance between you two?

Or just bursting down the very tiny 10k HP pool of the thief that has 0 sources of protection.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

If the thief is just pressing 1-1-1-1-1-1 and you die, might I suggest some form of mobility and just putting some distance between you two?

Or just bursting down the very tiny 10k HP pool of the thief that has 0 sources of protection.

The ele has the same hp as the thief and less armor, no stealth, all attacks are slower and to pull off 7k dps is impossible because the class cannot sustain a dps amulet like the thief can. That is unless they pull off a crazy combo burst (but then its not sustained 7k dps like the thief and actually require might blasting and skill).

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

no thief goes with zerk amulet.
all use marauder, which gives vitality for a total 17/18k

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Well, use protection then. And stuns, knockbacks, weakness!

in PvP

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

Are the people complaining really this bad at the game? Or are you just dumb? Or are you trolls?
Guess what, mostly any proff can still beat a thief 1v1 on point. Thief is still primarily a +1 and capper/decapper.
Thief’s autoattack does more damage now? Well that’s because it has little group support compared to other proffs.
If people could stop making horrible threads, that would be great.

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Well, use protection then. And stuns, knockbacks, weakness!

wansn’t a try to join conversation about thief dagger autoattack.

i just stated which amulet thieves wear ( and due to the fact that it’s survival skills are the same of s1, thief still dies easy by many classes ).

in PvP

kuritsutian.2987

A good thief should only die once againist a single player.

in PvP

Posted by: RazePT.7910

RazePT.7910

Well, I had to stop playing thief in bunker meta. It was just so not fun to play, couldn’t kill anyone solo because everyone was indestructible. All I could do was trying to do other map objectives or gang 3v1 on a node… Since the latest patch you can see more team diversity other than 2 revs, 2 mesmers + 1 engi/ele/necro comps. Thiefs still have the same hard matchups as they had before, but at least now they’re playable.

in PvP

Posted by: Cameron.6215

Cameron.6215

You’re all pathetic, all the players that QQ’d about thief which was perfectly balanced pre-patch, and now you all QQ about it being too strong… kitten all you plebs

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

We will see how it works out. The thief sufferd from the bunker meta. Alone the amulet changes and runes + rezz was a big thing and enough to let it settle down. Doing mutiple things in the same direction easyly overshoots. So now thief and reaper might be to much and ele + meser got double gutted. But we will see. I don´t think ele is to bad but still be out of meta….

in PvP

kuritsutian.2987

I really don’t see the importance of “Being in the Meta” thing … as long as you can play propperly your class and do what you intent to do, who cares what the rest of people do with your class.

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

I really don’t see the importance of “Being in the Meta” thing … as long as you can play propperly your class and do what you intent to do, who cares what the rest of people do with your class.

Well lets see, imagine you work 40 hours a week, in an office, and every 2 weeks you get paid lets say $100 for argument’s sake. You are pretty happy with it, you can pay all bills with it and what not.

Now, the rent went up and the food bill went up and the gas also went up (powercreep).

Your salary is reduced to $80 instead of $100.

You find out that your coworkers who were also making $100, now make $120.

You confront your boss about it, but he tells you:

I really don’t see the importance of “Being paid the same” thing … as long as you can propperly work and do what you intent to do, who cares what the rest of people make as their salary?

Would you really be ok with it?

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I think I lost several in points from reading this thread, dear lord it’s like playing Superman 64 all over again.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in PvP

kuritsutian.2987

Well lets see, imagine you work 40 hours a week, in an office, and every 2 weeks you get paid lets say $100 for argument’s sake. You are pretty happy with it, you can pay all bills with it and what not.

Now, the rent went up and the food bill went up and the gas also went up (powercreep).

Your salary is reduced to $80 instead of $100.

You find out that your coworkers who were also making $100, now make $120.

You confront your boss about it, but he tells you:

I really don’t see the importance of “Being paid the same” thing … as long as you can propperly work and do what you intent to do, who cares what the rest of people make as their salary?

Would you really be ok with it?

the flaw in your silly comparison is that they weren’t earning $100, except clueless guy2 that was earning the same, others were earning $70, now cluelessguy 1 and 2 are earning $80 and rest got $10 increase, except for some that got maybe $15 ….. so now with no outliners, those shy extra $5 makes everyone else rage for not earning the same even some has the nerves to complain why aren’t they still earning $100.

Besides that, that was not my point, … my point is, if with an Ele, I can still be successfull and win (let’s say reach legendary) … why do I care what is pro league playing? … makes no relevance to me. Even if I get to become a proleaguer, using my Ele …. do I care if other proleaguers pick it? not at all

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

I’ve been enjoying the Thief meta. Putting the fotm ones in there place on any class I choose is just funny. So uh “Thief Wars 2” has ended up in “Pile of dead Thieves Wars 2” for me.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

When using guardian, my problem hasn’t been the thf and necros, but rather, the gunzerker warriors that can one shot you. Now that gives me pause.

in PvP

Serious Thought.5394

Warriors are currently a top class. People just need to start playing instead of whining. Mercenary Condi Warrior atm, I kill Reapers/Necros. And no, I’m not lieing.

in PvP

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

i was gonna say… the amount of bad thief players is insane, you shouldnt be having problems.

its the ones that have played thief through everything you have to worry about, simple condi and cc will melt a bad thief in seconds.

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

in PvP

Posted by: BATMAN.6794

BATMAN.6794

Absolutely stupid. Thiefs are now Steal then auto attack and win. How is this balanced? FIX your FIX ANET. Pathetic.

Desert Borderlands suck bring back alpine til new ones are revamped

in PvP

kuritsutian.2987

Absolutely stupid. Thiefs are now Steal then auto attack and win. How is this balanced? FIX your FIX ANET. Pathetic.

Lol, not laughing at you, just imagined the “real” BATMAN saying this xD

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

What kind of class/spec is batman using that he’s getting killed by thf auto attacks?

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

Poor Batman having trouble with lowly thieves. I’m sure the Joker would get a real laugh out of that one.

Now I’m picturing some thief running away after he stole Batman’s utility belt.

So, I guess that’s where we got Scorpion Wire!

in PvP

kuritsutian.2987

Poor Batman having trouble with lowly thieves. I’m sure the Joker would get a real laugh out of that one.

Now I’m picturing some thief running away after he stole Batman’s utility belt.

So, I guess that’s where we got Scorpion Wire!

LoL

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Feels good to be a reaper

Love being the OP class for once

in PvP

Posted by: Paulie.6215

Paulie.6215

Thieves have been in the toilet for months. No one can deny that.

NOW they’re competitive and all the crying begins.

Sad that people are complaining instead of L’ing2P.

in PvP

Posted by: Paulie.6215

Paulie.6215

They did. Now thieves are able to hold their own.

Learn to love it

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

People who are saying thief is in the toilet are bad thieves since beta. Thieves are always playing the victim.

Thieves were in a good spot as a class, its just that we had the bunker meta thats why they felt inefficient.

But again, there are like 90% bad thieves in the gw2 population which you see a lot on the forums.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

People who are saying thief is in the toilet are bad thieves since beta. Thieves are always playing the victim.

Thieves were in a good spot as a class, its just that we had the bunker meta thats why they felt inefficient.

But again, there are like 90% bad thieves in the gw2 population which you see a lot on the forums.

1: Playing thief wasn´t that much fun for the last 1 1/2 year cause of one “role”, having one viable weaponset (S/D got destroyed) and only being able to kill someone in a +1 (some were possible, but to time-consuming and depending on outplaying the opponent). Yes, thieves were used until june/HoT in teams, but more difficult in soloq (most people having no idea how to play with a thief in their team). No, we are not always playing the victim. To completely shutting down mesmers before june wasn´t ok. Being mostly useless in the season now either (I still played my thief, but mostly with 1 or 2 friends). Brutal nerfs to weaponsets liek S/D is what kittens off most thieves. S/Ds weird aftercasts on AA-CHAIN were terrible and clunky. venoms being mostly useless and not fun since beta. scorpion-wire worse than magnet-pull from engi…
Thief wasn´t fun with SA-build after june either. Mirror-duels from SA-thieves are lame as kitten. Against PU-mesmer it was the same. Not playing victim more wanting to have fun with thieves being a viable choice with different playstyles and that involves every class to be viable, too. I don´t remember anyone who wanted the damage-buff on daggers. The changes on sword were right-though – fixing weird aftercasts and AA-usefulness (hitting third strike was very difficult on sword without dying in the process) and for a part the damage-aspect, too. I think anyone agrees that the whole amount of nerfs to Mesmer is to much. The only ones playing victims are the ones who prefer to complain on the forum instead of improving in the game. I see a lot of that type of Mesmer in the forum now. Same for ele.

2: I agree mostly on that part. But many problems existed before and now → usless weapon-sets, useless uitilities and traits, etc. Like any other class I would say.

3: And I agree again. More now with many people trying out thief now. Its disgusting to see so many thieves in Hotm now. Maybe it will split after some time. A friend plays around with fresh air D/F (tempest, air, earth pala-amu) and seems to success with it. Another one tries different things with his Mesmer (his main, he didn´t played much bunker during the season, he didn´t liked it). Paladin-amu seems to be very strong on many classes. I´m trying out literally every possible combination of traits on my thief on weapons I like to play with to see what could work. There are far to many people creating thieves right now and asking in Hotm for a build. Most likely they didn´t even tried out some things on the class and want the “easy” way. Most likely like they did with the previous class they played on.

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Lol! Welcome back thieves. Enjoy your stay.

Necromancer Main

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

It’s a good thing most thieves are terrible.

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

Are the people complaining really this bad at the game? Or are you just dumb? Or are you trolls?
Guess what, mostly any proff can still beat a thief 1v1 on point. Thief is still primarily a +1 and capper/decapper.
Thief’s autoattack does more damage now? Well that’s because it has little group support compared to other proffs.

there’s so much bs in the reply, how can you type it without breaking into laughter?

in PvP

Serious Thought.5394

there’s so much bs in the reply, how can you type it without breaking into laughter?

Which parts are bs?