Well of Precog cast time

Well of Precog cast time

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

So as we all know, Well of Precognition was changed to prevent point capture contribution (definitely necessary) and also had its cast time increased to 3/4s.

I personally don’t agree with the cast time increase and would rather see a cooldown increase from kitten to 75s instead of the cast time increase.

The thing with this skill is that it needs to be possible to use this as a panic button just as any other skill that grants invuln. All invuln skills, block skills or skills that otherwise negate damage are either instant cast (Distortion, Mist Form, Obsidian Flesh, Elixir S, Signet of Stone, Endure Pain, Protect Me) or have the invuln/negation/block take place during its channel (Renewed Focus, every block in the game). Being able to have instant or close to instant access to an invuln/damage negation rewards fast reactions.

I would therefore like to suggest that WoP has the cast time returned back to 1/4s (or even insta-cast) and the cooldown of the skill instead increased to 75s. This would also put the cooldown more in-line with the cooldown of other invuln/damage negation skills and encourage more careful timing of the skill.

As a side note, let’s remember that it’s not just bunker mesmer that has to deal with this, but also chrono shatter and also some PvE/WvW builds.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

(edited by Random Weird Guy.3528)

Well of Precog cast time

in PvP

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

it was 1/2 cast time + 1/4 after cast

Now it’s 3/4 cast time + no after cast …

Well of Precog cast time

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

it was 1/2 cast time + 1/4 after cast

Now it’s 3/4 cast time + no after cast …

And what’s your point? It still takes 3/4s time from the moment you press the button for the invuln to take place.

Also it was 1/4s cast and 1/2s aftercast. Cast time has been increased by 1/2s.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

(edited by Random Weird Guy.3528)

Well of Precog cast time

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I agree. I think the skill would be much better if it was insta-cast, on a 75s CD. That would be on line with other skills like Arcane Shield.

Well of Precog cast time

in PvP

Posted by: venusiano.8246

venusiano.8246

I agree. I think the skill would be much better if it was insta-cast, on a 75s CD. That would be on line with other skills like Arcane Shield.

Well, you are right from the design point of view, but the idea of the nerfing was not to make it skill consistent, but to satisfy the all the whining. So successful nerfing.

Well of Precog cast time

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Bunker mesmers need a 5th panic button to cover their soldier/sentinel geared kitten ? Because they already used 4, reseted them, used them all again, double dodged and now they’re stuck with nothing for 6 sec ?

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

Well of Precog cast time

in PvP

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

So 75s cd increase, cast time instant, invuln next 3 attacks and 5s duration?

Well of Precog cast time

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

It was a change to fix that effects were applied before the casting of the well was complete. For example you could get quickness from chrono runes by casting/stowing weapon/weapon swapping and the well would not be on CD.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Well of Precog cast time

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Can you define “attacks” for me? Or is it the oh so scary mirror blade mind rack combo you’re talking about. Because if so here’s a tip, dodge the mirror blade. Or if you stand outside of the well he’ll have to blink out to get you XD

Ba dum dum chrrrr

Maybe it’s the single boon strip on the third sword AA you’re worried about. Careful of the damage though, npc critters have been known to die from it XD

Ba dum dum chrrrr

Unless they’re bunker of course, then it’d take two AA chains to kill the same rabbit, good thing for continuium shift I guess! XD

Ba dum dum chrrrr

Thankyou, thankyou, thanks for comin’ out.

..three free attacks… rofl

Well of Precog cast time

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

Can you define “attacks” for me? Or is it the oh so scary mirror blade mind rack combo you’re talking about. Because if so here’s a tip, dodge the mirror blade. Or if you stand outside of the well he’ll have to blink out to get you XD

Ba dum dum chrrrr

Maybe it’s the single boon strip on the third sword AA you’re worried about. Careful of the damage though, npc critters have been known to die from it XD

Ba dum dum chrrrr

Unless they’re bunker of course, then it’d take two AA chains to kill the same rabbit, good thing for continuium shift I guess! XD

Ba dum dum chrrrr

He means that arcane shield has a 75 sec cool down, then ends after blocking 3 attacks or 5 seconds duration is up.

Well done, making fun of people when you can’t read.

Well of Precog cast time

in PvP

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

Ba dum dum chrrrr

Ba dum dum chrrrr

Ba dum dum chrrrr

I can’t reply anything to this xD. What is this guy talking about?

Well of Precog cast time

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

CD increase would probably make PvE QQ. The other way to deal with it in PvP would be to make alacrity a boon so it can be stolen, corrupted and removed, and to reduce alacrity duration to both effectively give WoP a longer effective cool down, and to balance it for boon duration. Sure it’d be a slight nerf in PvE as well but they’ll live. The main counter would be being able to.. counter it - the increased cool down rate from wells. You can counter boons, but you can’t counter status effects.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780