Well of Precog is now Unplayable in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Kevin.4209

Kevin.4209

…and I’m inclined to say good riddance. As a mesmer player, it was pure torture to spend the entire game at far 1v1ing another mesmer, druid, or ele for 10 minutes straight with only occasional action from a +1. That game play was utterly miserable. Thanks for the fix!

However, I’d like to point out, that well of precog is now a bit of a troll ability. Players can use it to cause their own team to lose a point fairly easily. Hopefully people just stop playing it completely, so I don’t have to actively avoid precog wells to prevent a decap.

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Im totally going to troll with it.

in PvP

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

It is still a hell of a lot better than what it was for everyone else playing. HALLELUJAH! THE CHRONO BUNKER META FALLS TODAY!

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

yeah well, how many casual fotm mesmers do you think read these patch notes? PvP is going to be hilarious this week.

While the nerf is good the skill in general is still an example of kitten skill design. I’m going to troll with it to prove a point.

in PvP

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

AoE stealth does the same thing assuming you’re not in combat

Just gotta hope you don’t queue into trolls…

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

ehh mesmer is still unkillable. it’s still the most annoying thing in the game to fight.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

It is still a hell of a lot better than what it was for everyone else playing. HALLELUJAH! THE CHRONO BUNKER META FALLS TODAY!

And wonder how many classes got buffed based on todays nerfs. I feel like Reapers and DH will get a huge bump out of this.

in PvP

Posted by: Quaman.9167

Quaman.9167

ok, would rather have it unplayable then being so broken its one of the main reasons for an awful meta.

I like video games

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Hallelujah. Wonder which bunker the meta will shift to now.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

The build is not changed, just the build’s ability on the node.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

…and I’m inclined to say good riddance. As a mesmer player, it was pure torture to spend the entire game at far 1v1ing another mesmer, druid, or ele for 10 minutes straight with only occasional action from a +1. That game play was utterly miserable. Thanks for the fix!

However, I’d like to point out, that well of precog is now a bit of a troll ability. Players can use it to cause their own team to lose a point fairly easily. Hopefully people just stop playing it completely, so I don’t have to actively avoid precog wells to prevent a decap.

Careful with those Mesmer party invites. If you end up with one looking to pull some shenanigans to lower their MMR, they now have a skill to help with that… Just lovely.

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

Which is what matters. Or so im inclined to believe.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Hey Reaper, nice to see you reached diamond. I am still trying to advance Ruby.

I still think the build is very good. I just suspect you cannot fire and forget for the well. You will have to put it on half the point, or walk in and out of it.

I am surprised to see so much complaining about being able to prevent new incoming damage, but losing a cap. Don’t prevent the damage then.
Cap still takes 4 secs to lose and the well lasts 3 seconds.

K Pop

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

I still think the build is very good. I just suspect you cannot fire and forget for the well. You will have to put it on half the point, or walk in and out of it.

I am surprised to see so much complaining about being able to prevent new incoming damage, but losing a cap. Don’t prevent the damage then.

Hey thanks. Good luck on that. Just to clear up any misunderstanding though, i’m not disagreeing on this nerf. If anything, I support it. I’ve found bunker mesmer to be far too strong in team fights and holding points so imo this nerf is well deserved.

At least it has some form of risk vs reward now. Works like an aoe obsidian flesh.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: Dethl.2875

Dethl.2875

Just want to point out that the minor trait in inspiration that shares distortion does proc on well of precog now, and has a 300 radius effect around the mesmer. Even strategic placement will likely give allies 1s distortion and drop at least 1 tick from the cap.

some server who knows
Foolsworn (M) | Dehtl (M) | Iofo (G) | Foolburt (W) | Fooloop (T)
Fools Foolentine (EN) | Fooliqi (EL) | Fooniols (N) | Foylshen (R )

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

However, I’d like to point out, that well of precog is now a bit of a troll ability.

soooo…. like shadow refuge. lets keep wasting shadow refuges to troll. it works.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

However, I’d like to point out, that well of precog is now a bit of a troll ability.

soooo…. like shadow refuge. lets keep wasting shadow refuges to troll. it works.

I thought playing a thief was trolling in itself :P

(i’m sorry thieves, you do need help)

in PvP

Posted by: Kevin.4209

Kevin.4209

Refuge is a little different because you can more easily deactivate the effect.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

New MMR tanking meta – spam well of precog in a team fight so that your team loses the cap.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

so? there are plenty of very strong alternatives…. Mesmer will just be a little less bunkery, but likely more utility or dmg.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

trolls yes, i remember a troll engi, who would come with me to close, put on sneaky giro so i couldnt cap. trolls will always find a way

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

At least ppl will have to think twice before spamming skills off CD.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: venusiano.8246

venusiano.8246

ehh mesmer is still unkillable. it’s still the most annoying thing in the game to fight.

As I mentioned in another thread, some people will still (and always be) unhappy with the mesmer unless they can insta kill them… Bunker mesmers are not only unable to do any damage but now they can also screw up their whole party whenever they use their bunkering skills… and some people are still unhappy with it.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Druid and bunker ele calling it now. Absolutely no reason for anyone to die if those two are on a node. Throw in a second bunker ele if you aren’t bored enough.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Druid and bunker ele calling it now. Absolutely no reason for anyone to die if those two are on a node. Throw in a second bunker ele if you aren’t bored enough.

druid isn’t a bunker, it’s a 1v1-build…. -..-°

Ele can go from unkillable (if you are dumb and bash on him with condis and no physical dmg) to getting downed within seconds.

Mesmer is still viable.

End of discussion.

in PvP

Posted by: venusiano.8246

venusiano.8246

so? there are plenty of very strong alternatives…. Mesmer will just be a little less bunkery, but likely more utility or dmg.

Actually the nerfing in blocking and Well not only affecs the Bunker Mesmer, but any chronomancer build (I didn’t play Bunker). Most chronos alternatives are now weaker in general than they were before. And no, the damage has not increased. Mesmer never was a high dps class.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

druid isn’t a bunker, it’s a 1v1-build…. -..-°

Ele can go from unkillable (if you are dumb and bash on him with condis and no physical dmg) to getting downed within seconds.

Mesmer is still viable.

End of discussion.

Didn’t call the Druid bunker but it’s healing is unmatched as well as its rezzing with nature magic.

Ele could easily hold a 2v1 when blinding ashes was a thing, you think that they somehow won’t be able to hold that against anything that isn’t a viper revenant now they have enhanced protection up 100% of the time and regen beefed up a notch with tempest?

Druid double tempest, the future is just as boring.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Interesting indeed, bring back the confusions stack seems better than playing chronomancer now. (at least good players stop attacking > well of precog decaping, and baddies dies… so fun to see 3 of them dying all from confusions, isn’t?)

If i can pull it out, probably it will be the first Core build that will be greater than HoT build for the same role.

Why should I give you all Alacrity, you all cry to not have it.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Well I mentioned it would just remove the skill from play if they changed the capping status. I guess they decided to just delete the skill from play instead of balance it. Owell it’s what the “pros” asked for, as long as they are happy.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Well I mentioned it would just remove the skill from play if they changed the capping status. I guess they decided to just delete the skill from play instead of balance it. Owell it’s what the “pros” asked for, as long as they are happy.

Place the well only over half of the point. Gj. Now that is actual skill/tactics.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Yeah capping and hold while not taking damage was cool huh.

K Pop

in PvP

dank.3680

Not really, no. I agreed it needed toned down I just didn’t like the idea of completely breaking it.

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Not really, no. I agreed it needed toned down I just didn’t like the idea of completely breaking it.

What else could they have really done for the skill? Changing the duration would not have had any effect on the core issue. The problem was how the skill worked with caps. It is still doing what is intended and protecting the user and allies.

K Pop

in PvP

dank.3680

What else could they have really done for the skill? Changing the duration would not have had any effect on the core issue. The problem was how the skill worked with caps. It is still doing what is intended and protecting the user and allies.

Smaller aoe size, less targets(max 3), less duration. Have blur only last 1-2 pulses or only as the final pulse. Anything to keep its functionality the same but tone it down. The changes they made just make it a sub-par skill to bring now.

The reason they added the cast time btw was to fix a bug that allowed chrono runes to apply quickness even if you canceled the cast of the well with swap or store(a bug I reported early on). But doing so they broke the stunbreak part of it, so…

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

As I mentioned in another thread, some people will still (and always be) unhappy with the mesmer unless they can insta kill them… Bunker mesmers are not only unable to do any damage but now they can also screw up their whole party whenever they use their bunkering skills… and some people are still unhappy with it.

mostly the thief players. They are not part of the meta now and wish to go back to the good old days that Mesmer is a free kill unless you are highly skilled like Supcutie or Lord Helseth.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Slein Jinn.8173

Slein Jinn.8173

I didn’t see it discussed much, but my idea for Well of Precognition was to have it apply Distortion to the Mesmer, and apply Blur to allies, that way the Mesmer can’t use it to stalemate 1vX situations on-node, but it is still a strong team fight skill. This would help to reward using the skill intelligently instead of punishing teams where the Mesmer uses the skill incompetently (or maliciously). I feel like this would have been sufficient to address the issues with the skill whilst still leaving it a strong tool for sPvP, but if anything, it could be coupled with a small adjustment to the recast.

Also, the change to the cast/aftercast times in the patch has been mostly overlooked, but it’s actually fairly significant—at 0.75s cast time, it is pretty consistently interruptible.

in PvP

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

what is the difference between blur and distortion? What exactly did they nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

what is the difference between blur and distortion? What exactly did they nerf?

Distortion doesn’t let you contribute to capture points, but does lets you ignore things like Static Field.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Bunker Mes is still strong even without Evade Well, and can stay alive just as long without it. I do agree that Well of Precognition is pretty much useless, unless you’re peeling for someone off point. The only change that should have gone to it was not being able to channel buffs or caps on Spirit Watch/Temple of the Silent Storm. And should have nerfed duration or cast time on it. It’s useless in on node teamfights, because you can’t use it to peel for people on the node.

I didn’t see it discussed much, but my idea for Well of Precognition was to have it apply Distortion to the Mesmer, and apply Blur to allies, that way the Mesmer can’t use it to stalemate 1vX situations on-node, but it is still a strong team fight skill. This would help to reward using the skill intelligently instead of punishing teams where the Mesmer uses the skill incompetently (or maliciously). I feel like this would have been sufficient to address the issues with the skill whilst still leaving it a strong tool for sPvP, but if anything, it could be coupled with a small adjustment to the recast.

Also, the change to the cast/aftercast times in the patch has been mostly overlooked, but it’s actually fairly significant—at 0.75s cast time, it is pretty consistently interruptible.

I like the Blur on Allies Part, it would actually make it require coordination with your team.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin