What I had envisioned

What I had envisioned

in PvP

Posted by: Krustydog.1043

Krustydog.1043

A game with enough freedom to create builds that counter other builds. If a certain build by a certain class was too strong it would have a hard counter build. Where when you faced another class all you knew was what class it was but not what tricks it had up its sleeve. Where cookie cutter builds would be viable for maybe a week until players figured them out and created hard counters then counters to the counters. I had hoped for more strategy. There are certain builds that it takes a pro playing flawlessly unless he is also one said builds. Still love the game and wouldnt think of quitting but I was hoping for a game more like UO than WoW.

What I had envisioned

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

If balancers will have the same mindset as GW1, then kitten this game will just have one generic balanced build that will perpetually played. Team or character builds that will overpower this balanced template will be nerfed to uselessness and well see mirror matches of balanced builds once again. Which sucks. But I expect this to happen because as they say they expect this to be an esport. So yeah, same old kitten again.

What I had envisioned

in PvP

Posted by: ower.9143

ower.9143

If balancers will have the same mindset as GW1, then kitten this game will just have one generic balanced build that will perpetually played. Team or character builds that will overpower this balanced template will be nerfed to uselessness and well see mirror matches of balanced builds once again. Which sucks. But I expect this to happen because as they say they expect this to be an esport. So yeah, same old kitten again.

So basically what you are saying is you don’t want a balanced game where player skill comes into play but OP specs that you can just faceroll and win

There’s already a major MMO out there where Gear, OP specs and Add-ons matters more than player skill. Perhaps that is more what you’re looking for.

What I had envisioned

in PvP

alcopaul.2156

What imbalanced gear and add ons are you talking about? Everything is available to the player so there won’t any be gear advantages. The game is based on building and what I’m talking about is the nerfing of unconventional builds because of the high regard of the balanced build.

What I had envisioned

in PvP

Krustydog.1043

Yah, used to love experimenting with exotic builds in UO. Nox ninja paladin, Samarai mage tamer, etc. Thing is in UO everyone was the same then you picked what skills you wanted and only had so many points. I still think it could work in GW2 once the classes are balanced a bit more. The biggest thing to get rid of is insta jibb combos as it really promotes cookie cutter builds and FotM classes.

What I had envisioned

in PvP

Posted by: Mekboss.5069

Mekboss.5069

So basically what you are saying is you don’t want a balanced game where player skill comes into play but OP specs that you can just faceroll and win

There’s already a major MMO out there where Gear, OP specs and Add-ons matters more than player skill. Perhaps that is more what you’re looking for.

I hope you’re not suggesting that GW1 was a balanced game just because there were a handful of builds that dominated the vast majority, you either used them or had your team /resign before the match starts.

What I had envisioned

in PvP

alcopaul.2156

The game allowed variety of builds to be made. So finding the most effcienyt and the most easy to play builds are the goal. Why would I punish myself playing a hard class to play. I play to relax and win some. If you want player skill or if anet eanted a pvp game purely based on player skill, they shouldve made 5 premade classes and the mathces are mirror mtaches of the premade classes.

What I had envisioned

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

I don’t even really understand your sentiments OP. I haven’t seen a build in this game which did not have a very strong counter to it.

What I had envisioned

in PvP

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

I think what he means is that he wishes there were more variety in viable builds for each class. Right now, most classes only have one, maybe two. The devs have stated that they wanted every class to have at least one viable build at launch, but their ultimate goal is for every weapon and trait line to be a viable choice. They just need time to do it.

What I had envisioned

in PvP

Krustydog.1043

I don’t even really understand your sentiments OP. I haven’t seen a build in this game which did not have a very strong counter to it.

3 mesmers 2 guardians. There really isnt a counter if all 5 of them are top pvp’ers. Now if say, an ele had choices where he could make a build that was a guardian slayer it would make strategy mean more other than role op classes and nuke stuff down.