What Runes to Remove

What Runes to Remove

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Hey all! So I recently watched the SOTG vidcast and I heard that Anet would like to reduce the amount of runes available in PvP. I have a few suggestions on what runes to remove and it would be nice to get the community’s input as well. So here’s my list;

Rune of the Baelfire
Rune of the Centaur
Rune of The Flame Legion
Rune of Strength
Rune of the Warrior
Rune of the Engineer
Rune of the Ice
Rune of the Krait
Rune of the Monk
Rune of Dwayna
Rune of Rage

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

What Runes to Remove

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Woah, why are they removing them?

Why not rework them to be useful and have more options?

What Runes to Remove

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Valid point.

The thing is a few of the runes that I even mentioned allow people to stack durations on certain effects but maybe a bit less of that is needed? Who knows….

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

What Runes to Remove

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

Don’t remove any. Bam, saved yourself some precious dev time.

What Runes to Remove

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

It’s not a good idea to remove runes, as it will limit options for creating new builds and exploring professions. Sure, some aren’t used as often as others, but having less options in a meta where each profession has very few and viable/good builds, would only decrease freedom and that isn’t something to be encouraged imho.

What Runes to Remove

in PvP

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

Most dissapointing part of the last sotg, people want more variety for builds and stuff, and they tell us that they might remove some of the runes.

There should me more runes with viable extra effects like Melandru and Lyssa.
The Traveler Runes for instance would be a nice thing to have.

What Runes to Remove

in PvP

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

If more runes were on par with Melandru/Lyssa/etc as Cyhann stated, you’d add a lot more interest to build crafting.

What Runes to Remove

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Lyssa runes are really not that powerful they have a 60 second ICD and conditions in this game are just re-applied over and over again in seconds. I don’t know why people think they are so great. Dont get me wrong I run them but only because of how lamely powerful conditions are. If conditions were nerfed I would drop them.

What Runes to Remove

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

why would they remove dwayna ??

What Runes to Remove

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Lyssa runes are really not that powerful they have a 60 second ICD and conditions in this game are just re-applied over and over again in seconds. I don’t know why people think they are so great. Dont get me wrong I run them but only because of how lamely powerful conditions are. If conditions were nerfed I would drop them.

Probably more to do with the fact that it basically turns your elite skill into the Guardian’s shout utility.

What Runes to Remove

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Woah, why are they removing them?

Why not rework them to be useful and have more options?

I’m fine with remove… if it means they will end up reworking whats left.
Right now runes fill a very useless role… they tend to just be passive dmg buffs or some abuse of Lyssa or ‘remove condi on shout’…

No one cares about passive dmg buffs.
They don’t make the game more fun to play.
No matter how many ‘options’ runes give you, if they usually always end up filling the same ‘more passive dmg’ role…
They don’t add depth in any way, shape or form.

Runes need a large rework, and cutting down ‘how many’ is not a bad first step.

(edited by garethh.3518)

What Runes to Remove

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Can someone provide a source? I’m almost positive they ACTUALLY said that if they were to make some special effect for every sigil and rune proc (like someone asked) so you know when it proced that they’d need to reduce the amount of sigils and runes, which is something they don’t want to do.

And why in gods name would they REMOVE runes when they want more variety, why else would they be adding more Amulets?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

What Runes to Remove

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Wow. Majorly disappointing. Less runes = less customization. Here is how I see things playing out… PvP is becoming the entry level introduction to combat. For full scale, people are being directed to WvW.

What Runes to Remove

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Wow. Majorly disappointing. Less runes = less customization. Here is how I see things playing out… PvP is becoming the entry level introduction to combat. For full scale, people are being directed to WvW.

If you seriously think runes are giving large amounts of customization atm…
Ugh.
There can be a million runes, and sure that will give more ‘options’ when making a build… but if they are made like kitten, if they are balanced like kitten, then those options are nothing but an illusion.

You will end with a less real options, far worse gameplay, than 5-10~ very well made and well balanced rune sets.
Without any doubt.

Right now, runes are made like kitten.
If by cutting down the number of runes, they can tweak runes to truly help shape builds… to add depth to builds… instead of being terribly balanced, mainly passive dmg buffs pre-defined to certain setups… runes will be leaps and bounds better off.

Those are god-awefully high expectations for Anet though.
To the point where… I want them to just throw in a million runes… through that chaos, they are bound to accidentally do something right.

(edited by garethh.3518)

What Runes to Remove

in PvP

Posted by: Lightning.4129

Lightning.4129

Please do not remove centaur runes! They are the sole source of swiftness for my mesmer at the moment! I do not use focus in spvp!