What Would Bring Me Back To PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Long time pvper here and semi pro necromancer player zojoel for team asap zerg. cough 1 win away from pro league cough

I haven’t played the game in months but I still follow the scene and know that a lot of top tier and just plain old loyal players have quit the game. I just wanted to share my idea that may actually bring others and I back and make the game fun again.

The idea: I think it would be cool to have a staking system, where you can wager in game gold or gems and winner takes all whether its small 2v2 arenas or 1v1s or 5v5s whatever. Either this or bring back the automated tournaments that let you win gems!

See ya later.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

Long time pvper here and semi pro necromancer player zojoel for team asap zerg. cough 1 win away from pro league cough

I haven’t played the game in months but I still follow the scene and know that a lot of top tier and just plain old loyal players have quit the game. I just wanted to share my idea that may actually bring others and I back and make the game fun again.

The idea: I think it would be cool to have a staking system, where you can wager in game gold or gems and winner takes all whether its small 2v2 arenas or 1v1s or 5v5s whatever. Either this or bring back the automated tournaments that let you win gems!

See ya later.

I haven’t been a follower of the scene but from my understanding there never really were a big scene,were there? Most pvp players were casuals and then there were the few elite pvpers going about their days.

And there wasn’t really a real interested in any ESL leagues,were there?

How many top pvpers quit?

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

in PvP

Posted by: Potato.2567

Potato.2567

There was an incredibly intense, high stake PvP scene of 10 people that made different teams out of the same 10 people. Thankfully, most of those players are gone now, and ESL has been dropped, so maybe ANet can stop wasting money on 10 players and actually create something cool such as AUTOMATED TOURNAMENTS that can bring large amounts of players back. Gem tournaments don’t require ANet to spend money, so it’s low effort, high reward.

RIP Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

See ya later.

I haven’t been a follower of the scene but from my understanding there never really were a big scene,were there? Most pvp players were casuals and then there were the few elite pvpers going about their days.

According to the forums, you’re allowed in the top 250 because the plethora of esports, pro, pvp players left. Because we had so many. I can only name a few on one hand but the forums can name more I guess.

Esports scene was HUGE like, we hit 6k+ viewers at one point. This is a bug deal.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

+1 for automated tournaments.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

insaneseagull.7063

+1 for automated tournaments.

And my axe!

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

There used to be actually a lot of teams, weekly ESL and all. I think it all went downhill after HoT launch.

Automated tourneys would be interesting.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

yes. Would be intresting :-). More modes for tournaments from 2:2 to 5:5 or even larger 10:10 for guilds. Then make ranked a solo Q game.

in PvP

Posted by: OmniumExtinction.3479

OmniumExtinction.3479

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

See ya later.

Why do people do this?

Lets just take the Abjured and Team PZ. Boom thats 10 players + lets just say 2-3 of the other Pro League players are at the same level. So random number like 12. (its more but for this person saying there are no elite PvP players)

Then lets just throw out some of the older players who werent trying to get back in the PvP scene or player currently still playing the game who were ranked top 5 in the old solo que who dont like HOT.

For instance that ESLguardian aka darek who was in the top 5 last season who wasnt on a pro league team recently. (i dont think) With a handful of other players i know play at that level who never competed in the ESL tournaments.

So to make a pretty round number 30, there should be 30 elite level players who clearly stand out. If you look at the leader board, what about 5-10 of them are not playing. So about 66% of the elite quit, which means that probably a rough same margin of the rest of X level players did as well.

Also ill say that AG week 30-40 were insane. This was a semi- pro level and my team didnt even get to compete a twice in this 10 week span because they filled up.

That was 10 premades every week with 2 Free Agent teams. And the AG had there quality teams like Shark with Lazers and Button Mashers. Teams that would win AG over and over but lose every time in the ESL tournament.

The GW2 PvP community was very healthy until the D/D ele god tier meta and HOT.

Why do so many people pretend?

in PvP

insaneseagull.7063

See ya later.

Why do people do this?

Lets just take the Abjured and Team PZ. Boom thats 10 players + lets just say 2-3 of the other Pro League players are at the same level. So random number like 12. (its more but for this person saying there are no elite PvP players)

Then lets just throw out some of the older players who werent trying to get back in the PvP scene or player currently still playing the game who were ranked top 5 in the old solo que who dont like HOT.

For instance that ESLguardian aka darek who was in the top 5 last season who wasnt on a pro league team recently. (i dont think) With a handful of other players i know play at that level who never competed in the ESL tournaments.

So to make a pretty round number 30, there should be 30 elite level players who clearly stand out. If you look at the leader board, what about 5-10 of them are not playing. So about 66% of the elite quit, which means that probably a rough same margin of the rest of X level players did as well.

Also ill say that AG week 30-40 were insane. This was a semi- pro level and my team didnt even get to compete a twice in this 10 week span because they filled up.

That was 10 premades every week with 2 Free Agent teams. And the AG had there quality teams like Shark with Lazers and Button Mashers. Teams that would win AG over and over but lose every time in the ESL tournament.

The GW2 PvP community was very healthy until the D/D ele god tier meta and HOT.

Why do so many people pretend?

You talkin’ to me,punk? (jk,don’t kill me)

I was legit just curious. I’ve seen alot of mixed comments about it all and I really was just asking a question. Don’t hit me.