What are the best Court Yard builds?

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

So whats everyone opinion of the best spec for this map?

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

Mercy Runes. Everyone running mercy runes.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

5 Meditation guards.
Game Start.
Sword 5>2 Greatsword 4-5-2
Game Over.

If you time it just right, you can hear the sound of an arenanet dev crying.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Pretty much wvw builds with more cleanses because there is no food that would give you almost condi immunity. Staff/hammer AH guard, shoutheal hambow with banner, staff ele, shadow arts thief. Everything else seems pretty meh.

Meditation guard is pretty terrible in this tbh.

Bullet Punch

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Pretty much wvw builds with more cleanses because there is no food that would give you almost condi immunity. Staff/hammer AH guard, shoutheal hambow with banner, staff ele, shadow arts thief. Everything else seems pretty meh.

Meditation guard is pretty terrible in this tbh.

Not when there’s 5 of them.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Small roaming WvW comps work well for 5v5.

2 support guards
dd ele
shatter/boon strip mesmer
power well necro

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

5 MM.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

as keksmuffin said I can’t run medi guard for kitten in this.. I immediately switch to support guard when I see it come up on rotation since it always gets picked

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

The best 5v5 DM builds are all zerk builds.

There isn’t enough toughness, vitality, armor to stop 5 zerk players from destroying you.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

There isn’t enough toughness, vitality, armor to stop 5 zerk players from destroying you.

yup but 1 warbanner is enough

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Unless you don’t bring enough defenses yourself (stunbreaks, condition clears etc) else you will become a pingpongball of glassy nature – and trust me, nothing is worse than a pingpongball made out of glass…

… Except maybe a pingpongball that is made out of wool, you cannot utilize them well in the sport…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

Im going to go with Hambow to deny stomps/warbaner while rest of team rezes or aoe’s area.
Necro for plague form stomp/rez or perma blind
Eng cause spam, survivability and crate
Thieves or mesmers for spike; power ranger may work here as well.
Shout heal guardians are pretty ridiculous in a zerg as well; so are staff ele’s.
Sort of a cross between conquest builds and wvwvw

(edited by dylan.5409)

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Hi,

I completely agree with this. The nature of Team Death Match is actually not far at all from the one of group roaming, so studying roaming compositions and tactics (and to a lesser extent, the ones of GvG) could be of great help. Going in with a Conquest composition, however, might IMHO not be optimal, because of one factoring in node control element in place of fighting / support elements.

On a side note, this is why I think that Team Death Match and Conquest should be separate. Strategies and compositions are different; while it is possible to adjust by switching builds before the game starts (and you’re unfortunately likely to forget something, like sigils, since we don’t have build templates), it’s not possible to change the original composition.

In the end, there will actually be a lot to learn for people not familiar with group fighting, so this could be somehow disheartening at first (all the more that regular Conquest group fights have little to do with optimized 5v5 bouts). Most people will be under the impression that Courtyard is just a big brawling area, with no sense! But if you put together a valid composition of players familiar of group fighting, coordinated on TS with a leader having great tactical skills, then you’ll get something incredibly fun to play.

Regards.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Two engi’s with turrets on the top left of the map:

On the very top left (or right if you’re blue) of the map drop turrets to bottle-neck the zerg team. Have the other engi save his turrets for the next zerg. Have d/d ele to chill and overall aoe sustain. Ranger, necro or two necro’s with the bursts. and CC
Rinse and repeat. Teams will hate you.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: lept.4692

lept.4692

I’m not much of a fan of that particular map, but I do enjoy the TDM mode as a whole. One of the major problems with it, however, is that people are trying to play it like it’s conquest, using their conquest builds. That’s not going to end well. Add in that a large portion of pvpers are inexperienced in this type of team fighting, as well as the lack of build templates to switch on the fly, and you’re going to see these massive blowouts left and right.

As far as comps go, that pretty much nails it. Use builds that synergize well with each other.

Attachments:

Emu [VLK]