Wargameur.6950

Hey I’m just curious about the results of people of the forum this season:

here are mine :

season’s statistic :
- started emerald, Got diamond
- Game played : 251
- Game won : 127
- Loss streak : 4
- Win streak : at least 2, one that got me through sapphire, the other one from ruby tier 1 to ruby tier 5. Then I stayed there for 2-3 weeks before reaching diamond.

Things I remember : I got nights playing more than 5 games and not moving one pip up or down. But I believe it is ok.

If you look at the stats only, wich I believe mmr is mostly about, then that’s a good season for me. As for the quality of the matches, well there was ups and downs.

I played only with my thief ( 90% of the time ) and my mesmer.
background : I’m playing for 2 years and half. I have ~1k games on my thief, ~700 in ranked.

Anet, if you could post the repartition of the players in each league at the end of the seasons I would be grateful !

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

What are your stats for the season ?

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Started sapphire, reached legendary x8 (number 4 on leaderboard in EU).
Games played: 557
Games won: 340
Longest win streak: About 13 games.
Longest loss streak: About 5 games.
100% of my games played on ranger.

What is forced 50% win rate?

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

Started in sapphire and got legend x1. I don’t give a kitten about prestige since I play off primetime hours and finding a match takes too long…

Played 170 matches, won 101.
Sometimes I got really hopeless people in my team, but since everybody insisted in playing a DH, it was easy mode with my Shoutbow. When the match wasn’t going in our favor I just went far stalling 2+ people. When they left only one behind I killed him and got the farcap or helped my teammates if it would be a stalemate. Might sound kittened, but it worked surprisingly well and it kept my streaks up in diamond.

What is forced 50% win rate?

I don’t think Anet can ever achieve forced 50:50 MM with their poor player numbers, but they tried this season.

in PvP

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Duo queue, Sapphire -> Legend:

http://i.imgur.com/tn1ZgUi.jpg

Solo queue, Amber -> Legend:

http://i.imgur.com/r0OpsET.jpg

Doesn’t really matter what the matchmaking system is. If you’re a good player you can usually prevail if you can carry hard enough and play around the mistakes of your team. The struggle is most definitely real at times, however. Sometimes you need to literally play like a god to win and sometimes even that’s not enough.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

(edited by Tiffany.8576)

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

Duo queue, Sapphire -> Legend:

http://i.imgur.com/tn1ZgUi.jpg

Solo queue, Amber -> Legend:

http://i.imgur.com/r0OpsET.jpg

Doesn’t really matter what the matchmaking system is. If you’re a good player you can usually prevail if you can carry hard enough and play around the mistakes of your team. The struggle is most definitely real at times, however. Sometimes you need to literally play like a god to win and sometimes even that’s not enough.

If you start late in the season, you’d be pairing with the games worst players until you hit legendary. Even by then, you still would only have a rare chance getting paired up against real skill. It wasn’t until I hit x3 that I started seeing pro-league players.

If anyone had started in the beginning keeping pace with the rest of the best, they would have fought through a 50/50 ratio all the way.

550 games played
279 games won
~51%

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

yo look at me im better than you! i have more wins, im good and you all just newbs. and mine’s longer.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

yo look at me im better than you! i have more wins, im good and you all just newbs. and mine’s longer.

9 Champion title, S1/S2/S3/S4 Legend division/soloQ

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

118 wins
203 games total

longest loss streak – 8
longest win streak – 12

All solo q from saph

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

The problem is with the game’s population, tbh. The percentage of top players is tiny compared to the rest of the population and it is sometimes impossible to create “balanced” matches for top players when they’re queuing if there are no other top players in their pip range or queuing to put on the opposing teams to counteract them. Even when there is, it comes down to which top player can farm the other team’s bads harder in many cases.

Even the inherent concept of matching top players vs top players to try and create “balanced” matches is awkward as you end up with a potential scenario of them having to play at a really high level and trading wins back and forth for pips in the lower leagues whilst more average players get easier matches and propel ahead, despite being less skilled in actuality. There are honestly many players in Diamond/Legend right now who legitimately have no business being higher than Sapphire/Ruby if the league placements were a true indicator of skill; they’ve just grinded their way there in hundreds of games on a ~50% win rate even against terrible opposition.

The goal of leagues should be to improve one’s MMR rating to progress. Your MMR rating could translate into pips in the current system if it needed to. Top players with top MMR should start in Legendary division and there should be rewards for competing in matches at the highest level. Players below this with vastly superior win rating to 50% in the lower divisions obviously don’t belong there and their MMR would be adjusted accordingly and so would their pips/division to reflect that. This would be the closest system that reflects skill, but it also has at least two issues: 1) Legend queues would take forever if other top players weren’t online and queuing because of the low population of skilled players; 2) People’s sense of “progression” would be a lot slower. Rewards would have to be adjusted accordingly to make the desire to put in the time needed to improve as a player worth it.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

That’s not what it is about, I was curious to see how people in the forum did. There are so much threads about forced 50% winrates, or this season match making sucks. So I wanted to see, how people really did.

I suppose, it is biaised since most of the forum players are vets. But were can you get the stats somewhere else than here ?

(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Posted by: Patrick.2987

Patrick.2987

I don t think fair matchmaking is having just a 50% winrate when all games end like 500-100 either way. I had many games in the highest division in this game in pvp , where i met ppl who had absolutely no clue what to do. Afk on a node for a whole game, attacking while backpaddeling. This were things i found in hotjoin back in the days nowadays it is ranked legend devision.

As long as pips make divions and divisions are the base for matchmaking, matches will stay bad. Many other games and like every sport has an elo ranking for skillbased matchmaking and fair matches. And i also think that with fair matches more ppl play pvp, the more and the less experienced ppl just because of more fun matches.

I really hope they will change that and give every player a visible elo as base for different devisions and matchmaking, otherwise matches will stay as bad.

in PvP

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

5 played 3 won

Between the horrible queue times, class stacking and whatnot I really couldn’t be bothered to even attempt climbing this time and instead just opted to get my free stuff from hitting sapphire right away pretty much lol

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

mid ruby. 170 games played 86 won. this was my first season so i didnt expect to do amazing. been a learning experience and im still learning. though its hard to tell a lot of times if your doing bad or your kitten teammates are dragging you down.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: normhimself.3684

normhimself.3684

I played around 310 games this season and won about 150-155ish, so just at 50% winrate . I ended at tier 7 diamond -.- Disappointing but hey its probably close to where I belong anyway. I did mostly solo ques.

I definitely noticed that there was a 50/50 winrate system in place. I would sometimes lose 7 out of 10 games in a night, come back the next day and win 6 or so in a row. There is a very apparent mismatched MMR system in place too. I can feel when I’m on the “lower” mmr side of a game. Really frustrating. I never felt the imbalance of teams when I played WoW. But this is like everyone else said probably a symptom of the low participation of players. I saw the same players night after night after night.

in PvP

Wargameur.6950

I don t think fair matchmaking is having just a 50% winrate when all games end like 500-100 either way. I had many games in the highest division in this game in pvp , where i met ppl who had absolutely no clue what to do. Afk on a node for a whole game, attacking while backpaddeling. This were things i found in hotjoin back in the days nowadays it is ranked legend devision.

I agree, but it seems that was their aim this season. I think it’s a pretty hard problem to solve. I would do win = 1 pip, loss = 1 pip, you can lose pips at every tiers and no safe net ( tiers and league treshold ) and law of nature instead of MMR. And replace people in according league (like now ) when a season end. This might be a bad idea though.

but the range between score could be a good indicator.

Anyway it’s nice to see your results guys

(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Patrick.2987

I would just make MMR a visible elo for each player, put top 100 players legend, 101-200 dia etc. Maybe makin more devisions or sth. This way ppl with close skillevels will get matched against each other and also not experienced players will face fair matches. Pips can be reward in progression maybe as a precentage of elo progress or just like a reward track for winning, but not for matchmaking as it is easy to grind. I mean i meet ppl in the highest devision right now that rly don t belong to some other players. I see someone playing pvp for 14 days getting matched against ESL ppl which isn t fun for either side.

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

149-62 im in legend 4. only solo queued. games split relatively evenly between revenant mesmer and druid

highest winstreak was 13 or 14
highest loss streak was 5

MMR really can’t keep legends at 50/50 unless you’re like those kittenty premade queues like LGND and PFMA

Edit:counted wrong

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

(edited by Ruru.1302)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Reached Legendary at 56% win rate mostly soloQ but… it really doesn’t matter. That’s pretty much the average even for players who grinded it out.

It doesn’t measure skill at all, just tenacity. Anet said they’ll make it more “skillful” but we’ll see.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

20 games, 15 wins. Completely lost interest to grind after the first week of the season.

in PvP

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

176 matches
104 wins
100% solo queue

In this season I got in the range I think I deserve: Ruby or Diamond since I am a very average player. However, it was absolutely impossible for me to win on seasons 2 or 3 (I lost near 30 matches in a row and gave up) because of the MMR hell. Now, the same player, same skill level, I went from Amber to Diamond in less than 150 matches.

in PvP

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

160 games played 111 won thief only and soloQ

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

Was going to wait til I got back home, but I remembered there was this api.

Probably a fairly average experience (55.5 repeating win ratio).
I started and stopped after the first weekend of the start of the season due to some horrendous matchmaking (out of 13 games, I only managed to win 2), only made the real push for Diamond/wings in the last 3 weeks.

While climbing, I noticed there were quite a lot of noticeably bad players in Ruby. One particular standout was a Dragonhunter, plinking away at range as if they were roleplaying a bearbow ranger, only thing it was missing was a spirit weapon.

Longest streaks were 6 losses versus 6 or 7 wins. Was not the biggest fan of this season, constantly felt like an uphill battle. Last season, it felt like after making good solid plays/wins, you could see the actual effect on the match, allowing the tide to turn etc. This season, it often felt like despite playing extremely well, your team decides to get themselves killed in Dragon Hunter traps or some such, making your effort seem wasted, or constantly having to be playing at 110% to actually win the match.

Most games were soloq, with a few duoQs. Played on Berserker, Reaper, and Chrono.

Attachments:

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in PvP

Posted by: SaltAndLight.4652

SaltAndLight.4652

A true n00b here and it probably showed at times. This season was my first foray into PvP in any game. I started the season about 2 weeks late as I was just trying to learn the concepts and get to rank 20.

Amber > Ruby.

• 181 games played
  • 86 wins
  • 6 game winning streak
  • 10 game losing streak
  • 100% Chrono
  • 97% solo queue

Things I remember:

• Some nice folks taking the time to teach me some things
  • Some not so nice folks who didn’t
  • The intensity of some of the matches
  • The frustration of the back and forth wins and losses

(edited by SaltAndLight.4652)

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

1 match, i accidentally queued thinking capricorn achieves (play in rated match) was going to be there.

once i realized it wasn’t, i did not q again (gat my wings last season, why torture myself i say)

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

all matches were played as a thief and solo

Attachments:

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

9 Champion title, S1/S2/S3/S4 Legend division/soloQ

Nailed it.

As for myself, not in front of my computer, but..
When I reached Legendary (from Sapphire), I was just under 200 matches played, with ~58% wins, almost all soloQ, almost all on Druid. Didn’t play Ranked much after that, so I ended up in pretty much the same spot. Not the best stats in the world, but it was better than s3.

in PvP

Posted by: Hydrymea.1379

Hydrymea.1379

Games played: 185
Games won: 86
Win Streak: 4
Loss Streak: 18
SoloQ

Started Sapphire, got to last div of Ruby… Decided to quit the season two weeks ago because of too many afk team members on that day. /shrug Last season I needed about the same number of matches to get from Amber to Mid-Diamond.

in PvP

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

9 wins in 17 games, couldn’t be bothered to keep playing when every game ended in a 200+ point blowout one way or the other.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Started Saphire Ended Legendary x4

179 games played 136 games won. Forced 50/50 win rate my kitten .

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

- started emerald, Got Legendary
- Game played : 230
- Game won : 132
- Loss streak : 5
- Win streak 9

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

• Started Sapphire
  • Ended Ruby
  • 86 Games
  • 48 Wins
  • 38 Losses

I’m not good enough (apparently) to carry the periodically horribad teams I got and have no PvP friends, so I could never get a strong enough win streak to push up Ruby. Ended up giving up because it felt hopeless and I’d already gotten what I needed for the Ascension. I desperately miss S2/S3’s matchmaking.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in PvP

Posted by: Toll Booth Willie.6723

Toll Booth Willie.6723

Started Amber
Ended t5 ruby
314 played
133 won

First season played, just started the game this June.
My win loss streaks were about the same 11 lost, with like a 5 game win streak. SoloQ with a couple random carry over groups tossed in. I have a 92% total (arena)games played as necro, with all but 10 in Ranked played as necro.

Sick Leg – Asura Necro
“The state charges a dollar-twenty five pop.”

(edited by Toll Booth Willie.6723)

in PvP

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

legend x5
played 208
won 159

kitten i lost my 78% winrate

Attachments:

Darek.1836

in PvP

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

Started a bit late and didn’t have that much time initially, so just legend x1 this time. 57% winrate, ~95% solo q, occasional duo Q.

Started from Sapphire, played Engi and Rev (and maybe 3 games or so on Mes).

Attachments:

Caissech / Falásya

in PvP

Wargameur.6950

Come on ? no perfectly horrible ratio to show off ?

I wonder where those horrible forum stories come from….

(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

(edited by Wargameur.6950)

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i think i lost the 1 played so… 100% loss ratio. its real

in PvP

Posted by: Levijeh.9643

Levijeh.9643

lol looks like it’s getting easier to reach legendary every new season. Got legen first 2 seasons then I just lost interest for the lack of good matches after legen. Oh I remember, managed to reach legendary in S3 playing exclusively core necro with a terror build, that was fun, took like 174 games or so, but made it work. Many of my guildies who reached legen also abandoned persuing this since the MM got worse. Hopefully it improves so it gets the attention of good players again.

in PvP

Posted by: Cheeseball C.8395

Cheeseball C.8395

started sapphire
92 games played
72 won
2 pips tier 1 legendary

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

here is my season 4 statistic :
- skipped amber and started in emerald, ended in emerald
- matches played : 2
- matches won : 0
- loss streak : 2
- win streak : 0

already done the meta achievements so i did not bother.

was playing dungeon fighter online and deus ex mankind divided instead.

in PvP

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

dungeon fighter online

Wew what the kitten someone else here knows and plays that game lol

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Played a few days at the beginning of the season. I was rusty and teammates were total kitten. I mean for the start of sapphire, it was unusually bad. SO many of them just ran into mid when the enemy team was there and none of us were able to join. These were basic PvP rules being broken in a tier that people were in because they reached Diamond and Legendary the previous season. So why were such AWFUL players reaching Diamond and Legendary? Why the hell was I able to get to Legendary? I certainly didn’t deserve it (well, the by the end of season 3 I wasn’t too bad, but more like a Diamond quality good). I ran into a lot of game throwers and thieves who constantly died. Here’s the thing, if you’re dying as a thief in Legendary, you shouldn’t be playing thief. You have a crap ton of tools to avoid dying. But I was the bad player according to them… Right, I’ll get right on that! That’s the kitten that makes people not want to get better. When it’s plainly obvious that the player complaining is worse than you. but they tell you to L2P. Ugh.

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

~120 games / 92 wins, 10 pips into legend. The skill spread in most games seemed pretty crazy up until the end of diamond. Both teams would frequently have at least one player that was plainly new or playing a suboptimal build.

Most games in Ruby and early Diamond involved going far and just winning a stream of 1v2s in matchups that would have been impossible against competent players.

Games tended to get a lot easier toward the end of diamond when the overall average skill level increased and I could actually rely on teammates to leverage portal and moa plays.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

My Season 4 stats are 0 games played. If I want to do real sPvP. I wouldn’t spend my time playing a make believe sPvP game mode. I’d play the real thing in a sPvP game that had balancing for sPvP.

Too much fun wrecking fools while I’m solo roaming in Tier 3 WvW.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

My Season 4 stats are 0 games played. If I want to do real sPvP. I wouldn’t spend my time playing a make believe sPvP game mode. I’d play the real thing in a sPvP game that had balancing for sPvP.

So you like the incredibly more unbalanced WvW gamemode than structured pvp.
Cool.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Cool.

You telling a joke right? Or do you just not WvW roam, and only zerg? Unstructured Player vs Player open field battles are by far the most balanced PvP in this game. Unless you think skill less point denial AOE fire and forget skills or the match maker system in sPvP is balanced.

At least in WvW you can build to counter on the fly. In sPvP you are pretty much “SOL” if match makes just say you ARE going to lose this match. In WvW I can choose to engage or not. I can build fully customizeable builds to cover ANets balancing short comings that loads of players see in sPvP.

The whole conquest concept in this game in general is a very bad ideal with a lot of the skills these classes have. I my opinion if they don’t want to allow for 2v2s or 3v3s then the conquest game mode just needs to be completely revamped to fit the current game atmosphere.

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Cool.

You telling a joke right? Or do you just not WvW roam, and only zerg? Unstructured Player vs Player open field battles are by far the most balanced PvP in this game. Unless you think skill less point denial AOE fire and forget skills or the match maker system in sPvP is balanced.

At least in WvW you can build to counter on the fly. In sPvP you are pretty much “SOL” if match makes just say you ARE going to lose this match. In WvW I can choose to engage or not. I can build fully customizeable builds to cover ANets balancing short comings that loads of players see in sPvP.

The whole conquest concept in this game in general is a very bad ideal with a lot of the skills these classes have. I my opinion if they don’t want to allow for 2v2s or 3v3s then the conquest game mode just needs to be completely revamped to fit the current game atmosphere.

I was going to post something long but.. very irrelevant and I don’t want to derail this thread any more than your initial post. Simply put, I disagree on many fundamental values in regards to WvW vs SPvP.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

Cool.

How is unstructured open-world WvW more balanced than sPvP? It’s been awhile since I roamed, but that field used to be packed by stealth-camping sustain builds (usually condi) that would just disengage and reset whenever something went wrong. The only reason there appears to be build diversity is because 99% of players in WvW are relatively casual and don’t care about running the most optimal builds. And because there’s no real matchmaking system in place that puts you up against other roamers of your skill level, most of your fights will be with the more casual players, which gives you a false sense of confidence in your abilities and the efficacy of your build.

This sPvP season has overall been fairly well balanced in terms of class representation. Far more so than any other MMO. The only issue has been dragonhunters at lower levels of play and thief at like ESL-levels of play.

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

They’re not posting here for fear of toxic members of the community pointing and laughing. Seriously, if you lost 75% of your games and couldn’t get out of emerald, would you show it off in a thread full of legends?

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in PvP

Patrick.2987

If legend meant anything…

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Cool.

How is unstructured open-world WvW more balanced than sPvP? It’s been awhile since I roamed, but that field used to be packed by stealth-camping sustain builds (usually condi) that would just disengage and reset whenever something went wrong. The only reason there appears to be build diversity is because 99% of players in WvW are relatively casual and don’t care about running the most optimal builds. And because there’s no real matchmaking system in place that puts you up against other roamers of your skill level, most of your fights will be with the more casual players, which gives you a false sense of confidence in your abilities and the efficacy of your build.

This sPvP season has overall been fairly well balanced in terms of class representation. Far more so than any other MMO. The only issue has been dragonhunters at lower levels of play and thief at like ESL-levels of play.

That’s why I gave up on playing MMO’s sPvP for competitive sPvP. Again if I want competitive sPvP then I go play and compete in games like Smite. Which pushes out balancing patches all of the time. On top of that that dev team explains to the playerbase why there nerfed or buffed certain abilities and or characters. MMR or ELOs of all players in the match are shown.

Dedicated sPvP games like Smite are just simply much more fun and competitive to play. Then say GW2 or any other MMO currently out with their respected Dev teams.

Most MMO dev teams just push PvE content, and use their PvP to draw players in. However in GW2’s case sPvP is by far so bad that, instead of raging every night like I’ve used to in this game. I started to WvW and love it. Again far as sPvP I play other “dedicated” sPvP games where I can both compete and have fun at the same time while getting a skill based Match Making system for both unranked and ranked matches.

But at least I admit it!