What beats condi warrior?

in PvP

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

This is a legit question, not a cry for nerf or w/e.

What beats a condi war? So far I’ve found nothing to win 1v1 and they take too long to 2v1 for it to be worth it. So outside of giving it the old turret engi treatment of letting them have your point for free and play 5v4 on two nodes, what other options are there?

They absolutly shred through Druids and Scrappers. Tried DH, it’s somewhat viable but still feel like it loses pretty hard.

Optimise [OP]

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

uh no, both druid and scrapper will be fine if you play the meta build and dodge the big hits. scrapper in particular hard counters condi war. purge gyro will practically counter the entire build.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

The easy answer would be Power Warrior. Seriously you hit condi war like 4 or 5 times and they die. Power warrior hits like a bloody truck. You kite the other war when they have Defy/Endure Pain on, and with Signet of Might you can basically ignore their blocks. Ez as pie.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Condi war (macebow) destroy druid, necro and rev always.

If you ask about counter I would say DH – a loads blocks that mess up with your burst (so sustain too).

Chrono is kinda fair 1v1

Macebow can battle scrapper forever.

GS war should win 1v1

For thief is always is dangerous even to +1 war…one headbutt and your dead.

If you struggle with some kind of build I suggest to find good friend that play macebow and duel a lot.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

You beat it with the stronger version, Power berzerker.

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

A good condi war whom is intent on just tanking the spot and using up blocks / resistances / invulns can hold an engi off for quite some time. I am not convinced an engi is a hard counter to that.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

another warrior…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

DH can do it, but it’ll definitely take a long kitten time

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

My condi mes can

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

anyone that can dodge mace f1 reliably can theoretically win if they have enough damage.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Potato.2567

Potato.2567

uh no, both druid and scrapper will be fine if you play the meta build and dodge the big hits. scrapper in particular hard counters condi war. purge gyro will practically counter the entire build.

This is very innaccurate, Purge Gyro doesn’t last that long and once it dies condi warrior will win, and Druid doesn’t stand a chance vs condi warrior. The way you beat condi warrior is with a skilled Mesmer or DH, or you just outrotate/outteamfight it because it’s slow. Don’t 2v1 them at home forever, that’s how they win.

RIP Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Dh I know can win. For this fight the Dh needs to dance between range/melee and probably give up the decap.

I think mes should be able. Although off-meta, I think condi engie could do well too. Necro (although a bad rotation choice) should win.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

Power corrupt necro with d/f or gs in place of staff, burn guard (kite resistance), condi mes w/moa, rev with zerk (kite), and stompy valk thief.

The only “meta build” that can do it efficiently is just the mesmer, but it’s highly dependent on a successful moa. The rest are slight-variants-of or lower rated meta builds.

(edited by SneakyTouchy.6043)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Power corrupt necro with d/f or gs in place of staff, burn guard (kite resistance), condi mes w/moa, rev with zerk (kite), and stompy valk thief.

The only “meta build” that can do it efficiently is just the mesmer, but it’s highly dependent on a successful moa. The rest are slight-variants-of or lower rated meta builds.

I suppose it depends on the burn guardian, but I have more success on power DH than Burn melt-ur-face-off builds. Plat T1

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

What people are saying about Druid having no chance against condi warr is not true at all. I can stalemate almost every condi warr in the game on druid when I don’t mess up and tank a mace f1 or a pin down (which you should never need to do on Druid if you play it well). Of course, you are not going to kill the warr unless you outskill them significantly, but you can definitely hold the matchup for as long as you need to if you don’t mess up.

As for what counters condi warrior, I think Mesmer is probably the best counter for it. Try to rotate into that matchup as much as you can as a Mesmer if you can. I think DH is also good against condi warr so you would be able to take the matchup on that too.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

Mending Warrior.

Mallyx Revenant.

DH Symbolic running both smite condition and CoP.

Mez.

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Mending Warrior.

For a second there I thought you were talking about the GW1 build. xD

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodin.6517

Zodin.6517

Mes, dh, scrapper (altho it can be stalemate), power warr and rev (only in high-top tier).

(edited by Zodin.6517)

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

1) Mobility. They are slow, if you can’t counter them make value in another place.
2) Power Warrior: same sustain with better single target damage and much better mobility.

3) There’s other options to beat a condi Warrior but none of them are “kittenie cutter” as the said ones. Condi Warriors are currently very strong; a few days ago was duelling one for ~40 minutes with my power Rev and I learned that each 8 duels I got one in which I had a 50% chance of beating him, but overall the chances acroos the fights were overwhelming slanted towards the warrior. So the best option is outrun them to be 5 vs 4 in another place or beat them as a +1 in teamfights (unblockables helps a lot).

in PvP

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

So, judging from this thread. The only viable way of beating a condi warrior is with … Drumroll power warrior.
Sure, I can beat them on DH but it takes too much time to be worth it as they will hold the cap for the entirety of the fight. I guess Ill give them the old Turret engi treatment.

Optimise [OP]

in PvP

choovanski.5462

man i feel like im the only one here with sufficient arroganceself belief to assume i can win all my 1v1s in ranked regardless of supposed matchups, & im playing gunflame right now.

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

man i feel like im the only one here with sufficient arroganceself belief to assume i can win all my 1v1s in ranked regardless of supposed matchups, & im playing gunflame right now.

its not arrogance it’s stupidity.

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

What beats a condi war? So far I’ve found nothing to win 1v1 and they take too long to 2v1 for it to be worth it. So outside of giving it the old turret engi treatment of letting them have your point for free and play 5v4 on two nodes, what other options are there?

They absolutly shred through Druids and Scrappers. Tried DH, it’s somewhat viable but still feel like it loses pretty hard.

Power Warrior and its superior to condi warrior in every way.

in PvP

choovanski.5462

its not arrogance it’s stupidity.

skill > build

average gw2 player is a lobotomite, so being able to win theoretically bad matchups is very doable.

also i heard from multiple casters that condi warrior had better matchups vs druid. however i’ve never had an issue on power vs a druid, & would agree that power warrior is superior.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodin.6517

Zodin.6517

Power Warrior and its superior to condi warrior in every way.

No it isn’t

in PvP

Posted by: Nickzor.2453

Nickzor.2453

What people are saying about Druid having no chance against condi warr is not true at all. I can stalemate almost every condi warr in the game on druid when I don’t mess up and tank a mace f1 or a pin down (which you should never need to do on Druid if you play it well). Of course, you are not going to kill the warr unless you outskill them significantly, but you can definitely hold the matchup for as long as you need to if you don’t mess up.

As for what counters condi warrior, I think Mesmer is probably the best counter for it. Try to rotate into that matchup as much as you can as a Mesmer if you can. I think DH is also good against condi warr so you would be able to take the matchup on that too.

…… Druid is hard countered by condi war mate…. Being able to stall or win against someone you outplay doesnt mean your class is a good choice to 1v1 them
As for condi war in terms of 1v1 necro can if they kite well. Staff is a requirement for bypassing blocks and fear. Mes/power Dh/power war are considered the best options by most esl players i have talked to

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Yeah, condi warrior seems to be the most difficult matchup for Druid right now. I think it is a hard counter to Druid. That being said, I am finding I do better when I peel away and poke them from a distance and let the pet mozy on over and bite them. You loose the point but can even up the match by pulling away.

You’ll loose every time in a fair face off on point against anyone with a moderate skill level.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Nickzor.2453

Nickzor.2453

Yeah, condi warrior seems to be the most difficult matchup for Druid right now. I think it is a hard counter to Druid. That being said, I am finding I do better when I peel away and poke them from a distance and let the pet mozy on over and bite them. You loose the point but can even up the match by pulling away.

You’ll loose every time in a fair face off on point against anyone with a moderate skill level.

Well sure but at that point its easier to just run away and help the team somewhere else as a druid. In general condi wars entire job is to live through high pressure and counter pressure other classes off point. If you arent a mesmer or power war you are going to have issues contesting against them. And to the person who said power war is better in every way then condi war…. Wut? Power war and condi war are so different they arent really worth comparing… Power war focuses on overwhelming pressure where as condi war is about sustain and attrition…. Once a power war losses their stances they are pretty much a walking target. Most warrior mains swap between the 2 builds as needed depending on the enemy comps. They have entirely different jobs and deal with different comps differently. I only have 650 games on war but I keep 2 wars just so I can swap as needed when I feel like playing mine.

in PvP

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

Condi Mesmer
Dragonhunter
Scrapper (after a million years built/correctly)
Power Warrior

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark