What counters what? a meta question.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

I am not a big sPvP player, but every now and then i stick my toes into the cesspit most commonly known as yoloQ. Unsurprisingly, i main a ranger (signature is kinda huge giveaway), and i honestly feel like i am getting close to learning everything there is to learn on the ranger side at the very least, however, as i progress through the game, iv’e learned that i can build my ranger to fight most builds (in one build) with a fair chance of winning, without going “full cheese”. Yet, i realized when i got my guard and ele to 80 (now also using those in PvP as they are being used more frequently in WvW, so i need to learn how to play those too) that i had no clue about what builds, not just for ele, guard and ranger, but any class, what counters what?

Known builds, that is effective against the current meta. Videos would be helpful.

I do realize skill plays a large part whether something is effective or not, but i also realize that after a year of playing, spotting the difference between a “hard to use” and “ezmode” build isn’t exactly rocket science.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

What is the question? What builds counter the current meta? If they were well known or effective people would be running them and starting the new meta. But I will go through some easy ones?
pretty much all zerk medium and light class builds are countered by zerk thief
condi necro counters most condi builds including condi engi hard
most bunker guard/warr builds counter zerk builds
staff ele and a guard cleansing/healing spam can counter condi
diamond skin ele or autoresponse engi vs condi necro

I think the game is in a fairly good state. Only bunker guard/warr seems un-counterable without losing the point. I can regularly kill hambows and bunker guards 1v1 on multiple classes. The issue arises with having to kite off the point in order to win and thus losing points. But I truly think its a conquest issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

What is the question? What builds counter the current meta? If they were well known or effective people would be running them and starting the new meta. But I will go through some easy ones?
pretty much all zerk medium and light class builds are countered by zerk thief
condi necro counters most condi builds including condi engi hard
most bunker guard/warr builds counter zerk builds
staff ele and a guard cleansing/healing spam can counter condi
diamond skin ele or autoresponse engi vs condi necro

I think the game is in a fairly good state. Only bunker guard/warr seems un-counterable without losing the point. I can regularly kill hambows and bunker guards 1v1 on multiple classes. The issue arises with having to kite off the point in order to win and thus losing points. But I truly think its a conquest issue.

Why do you have to kite a bunker guardian dealing pretty much 0 dmg? Just asking…

And second question is why are you going 1v1 vs bunker guard since you’ll need more than one minute (If he’s at least decent, a good guardian can keep up way longer vs any class) to bring him down instead of supporting your team? If they’re leaving guardian afking alone they’re gonna lose every single even teamfight….only terribad teams leave bunker guardians afking on points instead of roaming..

(edited by Seifer Thalaen.7869)

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

You’re right. I did not get into detail regarding bunker guard. I feel like I can burn them down on a terror necro. But besdies that takes too kitten long you’re right

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

What is the question? What builds counter the current meta?

Why do you have to kite a bunker guardian dealing pretty much 0 dmg? Just asking…

The question is; What meta builds counter the other meta builds?
and ofc, perhaps someone has some “secret” builds too that counters the current meta…

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU