What did the patch do for pvpers?

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

I’m now rank 80.

I have 6g and the exact same skins I had before patch.

There is literally a rank 1 next to me with a sunrise I’ve been coveting since day 1. I’ve posted about this before, because frankly I don’t know why people who play all of their time smashing away at a pve mob should get the best skins while pvpers get nothing and then further why the pvers have now gotten to transfer over their skins while pvpers got no form of compensation for their time whatsoever.

I really, really look at the Anet team differently post-patch. That was nothing to do with limited resources or lack of funds, or evil producer companies. That was an active decision to unfairly reward people who have played pve while choosing to be okay with dumping on people who have played pvp.

And that is BS.

in PvP

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

I personally felt like when I was in PvP before the patch, that I actually was of one of the top players. Because of the gear I unlocked, and my rank that I had attained. Now with people in pvp with their legendaries I just feel like I’m not special at all anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: twhite.9310

twhite.9310

Yeah I was a little angry that the PvE heroes got to use legendaries in PvP first. I’ve been wanting a PvP legendary since release and I believe us Tpvp people should be the first ones in PvP with a legendary.. makes sense. That PvPers have the better looking weapons.

“Backpack called me bad” – Slaughter Melon

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Actually, at the moment, whenever i see someone carrying a legendary it’s like free food.
Pretty funny unless they’re in my team.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

We all saw this coming miles away. I loved PvP, but there’s nothing in it for me now. Us PvP’ers chose to discard PvE in the hopes of being special in our own isolated world locked away from the legendaries etc of PvE. We thought it was a good deal because PvE’ers could never bring their stuff into the mists. We were betrayed. Now we have nothing, everyone is dragon and random people are bringing in their stuff from PvE.

I get nothing except a tiny bunch of rank up chests with champ loot bags that I could have farmed in Frostgorge in two hours. All our hard work is down the drain.

Can’t bring myself to play after this betrayal.

Moral of the story: Don’t play an MMO that tries to be “different” (aka no grind) because they just hand out stuff for free and don’t value the hard work that others have put in before.

in PvP

Posted by: HomelessMeh.4172

HomelessMeh.4172

The patch broke the game for pvpers basically.

in PvP

Posted by: Nuithari.3728

Nuithari.3728

Am I the only one who plays PvP for… PvP and not the skins?
I was kinda happy I could use my PvP skins in PvE, lol. I mean, I understand some used the skins as a sort of gratification for the hard work you’ve put in, but I don’t think anything like that “breaks” the game. At least now I can gloat whenever I stomp a PvE hero with his legendary :P

Nuithari – Elementalist
[Mist Angels] – Piken Square

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Am I the only one who plays PvP for… PvP and not the skins?
I was kinda happy I could use my PvP skins in PvE, lol. I mean, I understand some used the skins as a sort of gratification for the hard work you’ve put in, but I don’t think anything like that “breaks” the game. At least now I can gloat whenever I stomp a PvE hero with his legendary :P

I’m sure a few people exist for whom intrinsic rewards are enough. But well…this is an MMO. The skins and progression are a big part of what draws people to an MMO. So that’s mostly the kind of players we are.

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

i know a bunch of pre patch rank 70s who have legendaries just sayin

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: Azimov.9317

Azimov.9317

I’m seeing alot of qq in the forums. While I haven’t completely settled in to the changes, it’s pretty obvious that they were well thought out and executed. I’m quite pleased with everything I’ve seen so far.

Based on all the qq I’m seeing, it seems like alot of pvp’ers fail to understand that the unification changes anet implemented are good for the entire game….long term. Folks in the pvp community should be happier that normal pve’ers now have a huge incentive to augment their gameplay with pvp.

It’s win/win for everybody in the long term. And if you’re a hardcore pvp’er…you’ve now got an influx of inexperienced pve casuals running around with sweet loot. Take out your aggression on them (but be nice). Stomp them and just know that you’re well on your way to epic loots of your own. More players in pvp will ultimately be better for the entire community. Let everyone know how hardcore and skilled you are by winning matches. Just freaking enjoy the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

We all saw this coming miles away. I loved PvP, but there’s nothing in it for me now. Us PvP’ers chose to discard PvE in the hopes of being special in our own isolated world locked away from the legendaries etc of PvE. We thought it was a good deal because PvE’ers could never bring their stuff into the mists. We were betrayed. Now we have nothing, everyone is dragon and random people are bringing in their stuff from PvE.

I get nothing except a tiny bunch of rank up chests with champ loot bags that I could have farmed in Frostgorge in two hours. All our hard work is down the drain.

Moral of the story: Don’t play an MMO that tries to be “different” (aka no grind) because they just hand out stuff for free and don’t value the hard work that others have put in before.

Sometimes I wonder if I’m playing the same game. Who cares what skins PvE players are bringing into PvP. Get this straight, you are NOT a unique and special snowflake because you chose to play PvP, nor were we ever “in our own isolated world locked away” when you can enter the mists at the click of a button. Furthermore, we all knew that playing PvP we were the minority of players that make up the game, we all knew that players could get the same skins we gain in PvP a lot easier/quicker than we could by grinding the ranks, this is nothing new.

This sounds like you have too much envy over what skins players who chose to PvE have gained and you don’t – we chose to PvP, some of them chose to pursue legendaries.

All you seem to do is find something trite to QQ about. What hard work is down the drain from the unification of skins? You have the same skins PvPers had access to bar legendaries and certain forge weapons. Big deal. What else were we ever getting that made our/your/your cousins-sister’s-nephew’s-fathers-former-roomate’s hard work down the drain?

LOL betrayal, get a grip.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

(edited by Static.9841)

in PvP

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

That is every single MMO “different” or not. Ask the hardcore WoW raiders who stood out and now Blizzard has made it that everyone and their mother can get the skins/run the dungeons with minimal effort.
Video games as a whole have become easier and more rewarding to the masses, it makes the money.

Not saying I agree with it but making it seem like GW2 is the only one doing it is wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Kambo Rambo.8561

Kambo Rambo.8561

I’m seeing alot of qq in the forums. While I haven’t completely settled in to the changes, it’s pretty obvious that they were well thought out and executed. I’m quite pleased with everything I’ve seen so far.

Based on all the qq I’m seeing, it seems like alot of pvp’ers fail to understand that the unification changes anet implemented are good for the entire game….long term. Folks in the pvp community should be happier that normal pve’ers now have a huge incentive to augment their gameplay with pvp.

It’s win/win for everybody in the long term. And if you’re a hardcore pvp’er…you’ve now got an influx of inexperienced pve casuals running around with sweet loot. Take out your aggression on them (but be nice). Stomp them and just know that you’re well on your way to epic loots of your own. More players in pvp will ultimately be better for the entire community. Let everyone know how hardcore and skilled you are by winning matches. Just freaking enjoy the game.

Actually, ANET have clearly given the advantage to PVEers in PvP. Theyve locked traits, sigils and amulets with Gold AND skill points. A pvp focused player had almost none of these after the patch was released, but the PvEer does. We now have to work to earn these new items, whereas a hardcore PvE’er can unlock them straight away.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

You’re fine with them completely destroying our use of pvp skins? You’re fine with them now CHARGING you for the skins you ALREADY unlocked? It doesn’t make any sense to me. They completely punished the pvpers for supporting the game.

Not to mention that clunky UI for the pvp build. Who thought of that? It is atrocious and counter intuitive. We’ve been using the hero pane since the beginning of the game now you use it some times and other times you need to go to the pvp build tab. So clunky.

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

Sometimes I wonder if I’m playing the same game. Who cares what skins PvE players are bringing into PvP. Get this straight, you are NOT a unique and special snowflake because you chose to play PvP, nor were we ever “in our own isolated world locked away” when you can enter the mists at the click of a button. Furthermore, we all knew that playing PvP we were the minority of players that make up the game, we all knew that players could get the same skins we gain in PvP a lot easier/quicker than we could by grinding the ranks, this is nothing new.

This sounds like you have too much envy over what skins players who chose to PvE have gained and you don’t – we chose to PvP, some of them chose to pursue legendaries.

All you seem to do is find something trite to QQ about. What hard work is down the drain from the unification of skins? You have the same skins PvPers had access to bar legendaries and certain forge weapons. Big deal. What else were we ever getting that made our/your/your cousins-sister’s-nephew’s-fathers-former-roomate’s hard work down the drain?

Wow, cheese and crackers.

At what point has anyone prominent in the pvp community wanted to be a special snowflake?

All anyone has ever wanted was equal treatment, no special treatment, but a pvp player playing from day 1 and suppourting the game through gemstore purchases has been dumped one, while a pve player doing the same now has the best skins to use in both pve and pvp.

Being special snowflakes might be wanting a patch that puts all of our time spent in pvp to put us ahead of players in pve, even further ahead of players who have been playing pve since day 1 even though we might have never done pve even once.

You know, like exactly what happened to pve players who have never done any pvp this patch. They have everything we’ve been asking for since beta.

in PvP

Static.9841

Wow, cheese and crackers.

At what point has anyone prominent in the pvp community wanted to be a special snowflake?

Did I aim this at you? He’s pretty deluded thinking PvP was locked away and isolated when in reality a lot of players simply chose not to play it.

All anyone has ever wanted was equal treatment, no special treatment, but a pvp player playing from day 1 and suppourting the game through gemstore purchases has been dumped one, while a pve player doing the same now has the best skins to use in both pve and pvp.

Again, we knew very well the difference in ease/grind that PvE players could get skins compared to PvP, hell, you don’t even start getting dungeon armor sets (flame legion) until rank 50. This is not old news.

Of course I think that PvPers should get equal treatment in general. My biggest complaints on this patch is now having to pay to switch gear in PvP with charges when it used to be free because hey, my locker used to contain tons of the things. I also really hate how they have implemented PvE to PvP armor/weapon/build homogenization because it’s clunky as hell and hasn’t exactly brought this “ease of use” that devs were citing for their reasons.

Being special snowflakes might be wanting a patch that puts all of our time spent in pvp to put us ahead of players in pve, even further ahead of players who have been playing pve since day 1 even though we might have never done pve even once.

Such as? Again, this was aimed at his massive QQ over skins which is such a huge betrayal apparently.

PvE players are indeed given a bigger advantage now with easier ranks (which still take time to gain if they want to hit 80), but this wasn’t the complaint outlined here.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

The betrayal is this:

We sweated and worked for our skins in PvP where we could distinguish ourselves within PvP itself. Now PvE’ers have their legendaries in PvP and that pride is lost

The betrayal is this:

We get a pittance of champ chests as a “reward” for zooming to r80 where PvE players can just go on a champ train for 2 hrs and get the same amount of champ chests.

The betrayal is this:

High ranked players put in a huge amount of time getting their r55+ ranks and they earned the prestige it bought them along with finishers. Now everyone above r55 is the same and all that hard work is wasted.

In short, the betrayal lies in the loss of prestige that dediacated PvP players have earned over the past 1.5 years. We deserve better than having our hard work eradicated.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Tbh they shouldve given us a charge for every skin we unlocked.

in PvP

Static.9841

The betrayal is this:

We sweated and worked for our skins in PvP where we could distinguish ourselves within PvP itself. Now PvE’ers have their legendaries in PvP and that pride is lost

Pride over skins you can get in PvE? Really? If you went to PvE you wouldn’t have any skins and vice versa, now you can use all your PvP skins anywhere without the annoyance of dungeon runs etc. The only problem I see here is how dumb it is to have to keep spending charges to pay your PvP appearance.

The betrayal is this:

We get a pittance of champ chests as a “reward” for zooming to r80 where PvE players can just go on a champ train for 2 hrs and get the same amount of champ chests.

This isn’t a betrayal because nothing has been taken away in terms of PvE rewards/money, this is however sadly the norm for PvP. Yeah I think there’s huge desparity between loot in PvP and PvE, but neither you nor I first got into PvP because of any gold we could get out of it when it wasn’t even an option, so lets be real about this.

Reward tracks are a bit meh, unique ones cool, but instead of ranking up and trading skins for glory, we are now getting the same skins via reward tracks. I’m still not sure how I feel about this.

The betrayal is this:

High ranked players put in a huge amount of time getting their r55+ ranks and they earned the prestige it bought them along with finishers. Now everyone above r55 is the same and all that hard work is wasted.

In short, the betrayal lies in the loss of prestige that dediacated PvP players have earned over the past 1.5 years. We deserve better than having our hard work eradicated.

Sorry bud, but I can’t agree with you here when you were one of the people stating R55s didn’t even rate an opinion, now you’re using 55 and above as your shield for argument?

I… really like this idea.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Pride over skins you can get in PvE?

You’re not listening. Pride in skins that you can use in PvP. Previously you could PvE all you wanted, but couldn’t get your stuff into the isolated PvP environment. Did you know this?

This isn’t a betrayal because nothing has been taken away in terms of PvE rewards/money

What has been taken away is prestige. And that is why people play for money and rewards in the first place.

Sorry bud, but I can’t agree with you here when you were one of the people stating R55s didn’t even rate an opinion

Citation please.

in PvP

Static.9841

You’re not listening. Pride in skins that you can use in PvP. Previously you could PvE all you wanted, but couldn’t get your stuff into the isolated PvP environment. Did you know this?

Can you read? I was pointing out that this also worked vice versa.

What has been taken away is prestige. And that is why people play for money and rewards in the first place.

WHAT prestige? Playing longer than the person standing next to you? ZOMG call the FEDS! The only thing harmed here seems to be your personal ego.

Citation please.

Love how this is your go-to any time something that streams from your keyboard is brought back up against you.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Can you read? I was pointing out that this also worked vice versa.

And therefore….ding ding ding!…the two worlds were separate and isolated and you could work for prestige skins in one world independent of the other.

The only thing harmed here seems to be your personal ego.

Duh – of course it is. This isn’t some major revelation. Why else do we play an MMO if not for ego?

Love how this is your go-to any time something that streams from your keyboard is brought back up against you.

Then by all means throw my (documented) words back in my face and I will be forced to eat humble pie. Strange how it can be so easy for you to shut me down by providing my own words (which you seem to remember so well) and are still unable to do so.

I wonder why.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Most of these issues don’t bother me, but the fact that I can put 500 hrs into a specific character and not be able to transfer the same look I wore before patch due to being lvl 2 really annoys me.

in PvP

Static.9841

And therefore….ding ding ding!…the two worlds were separate and isolated and you could work for prestige skins in one world independent of the other.

Wow, talking to you is quite the painful experience. No. just no. Trying to readjust your words because you’ve been called out once again doesn’t change your statement.

Us PvP’ers chose to discard PvE in the hopes of being special in our own isolated world

Duh – of course it is. This isn’t some major revelation. Why else do we play an MMO if not for ego?

Oh dear…

It was clear from the outset that all of your QQing was down to personal selfishness rather than what PvPers want, you know, that shield you always try and hide behind and bring up to try and bolster the argument you constantly fail to have?

Then by all means throw my (documented) words back in my face and I will be forced to eat humble pie. Strange how it can be so easy for you to shut me down by providing my own words (which you seem to remember so well) and are still unable to do so.

I wonder why.

I’m too lazy (and at work right now) to sift through your incessant prattling just to kitten slap you with your own words.

Most of these issues don’t bother me, but the fact that I can put 500 hrs into a specific character and not be able to transfer the same look I wore before patch due to being lvl 2 really annoys me.

Yeah, this is definitely irritating. Having Justin tell people “oh just use tomes” etc is all good and well, but I don’t think they quite understand that some PvPers constantly reroll characters without levelling them.

(edited by Static.9841)

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Free level one armor should be available in the mist I think that was an over-sight personally. It needs to be fixed asap. Luckily for me my guy was only mostly pvp and I was just high enough to get the free level 35 and copy skins over.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Actually, ANET have clearly given the advantage to PVEers in PvP. Theyve locked traits, sigils and amulets with Gold AND skill points. A pvp focused player had almost none of these after the patch was released, but the PvEer does. We now have to work to earn these new items, whereas a hardcore PvE’er can unlock them straight away.

I am sympathectic to a point but lets not exaggerate. I was able to make 100 gold on a alt account that was pure pvp and only rank 31 by making dyes and buying the Christmas gifts and selling them. If you were paying attention you knew about the gold costs and there were ways to make money albiet not as good as pve. Lets not exaggerate the gold costs they added four new traits, two amulets, two sigils, and one rune set. The traits are 10 gold and 20 skill points and I think everything else is like 3 gold each. You don’t even really need them all the amulets are sooper questionable for most builds and the runes and sigils same thing. The skill points are the most annoying part really if you were like level one it would be a pain but really if you can get to level 10 you can get like 40-60 skill points easily. Nobody is going to be using all those grandmaster traits.

Now don’t get me wrong it’s a pain to even have to spend 1 hour in pve. I feel like a fresh rank 1 pvp only player should be able to log in and have access to everything trait, sigil, and rune wise immediately. But if this allows them to spend more resources on pvp it is worth a small hassle. That is a big IF but for me perosnally mostly thumbs up for the patch.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

It put in a cute new UI thing and let you grind for PVE mats in PvP. Some balance changes.

That’s about it.

Compare and contrast with: a map removed – Skyhammer? Nope. Re-rolling nerfed. Taxes on unlocking traits when we were told we weren’t going to have to (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/):

The addition of new skills and traits on a regular basis will of course mean expanded variety of abilities, builds, and tactics in PvP as well. As these additional skills and traits are added, they’ll be automatically unlocked and available for competitive PvP just like all existing skills/traits work today.

Have to pay gold to get weapons and armor we didn’t have. Have to level up to use all of your cosmetic equipment slots when we didn’t have to before. Less customization and variety in both amulets/jewels and runes (no switching jewels or mixing and matching runes). Have to pay charges to change your look – additionally multiple appearances will always take up bank space/inventory space when before they simply existed in the locker.

This patch wasn’t for us. Once you look past all the public relations beauty speak, this patch is just an attempt to get PvE’ers to try out PvP. That’s it. That’s all there is to it. It’s designed to make it more “inline with the rest of the game” aka. PvE land.

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

Would love a dev response/readyup notification tbh, but not hopeful

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

No, you don’t have the exact same skins, in fact you have no skins, if you want to have those skins you owned prepatch, you need to pay them charges.

While PvE you get to keep all your skins on your gear.

in PvP

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

x2

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

in PvP

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

x2

x3

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

The betrayal is this:

The betrayal is this:

The betrayal is this:

I do feel that we got the short end of the stick. I felt happy working my way up the ranks slowly before the rank gain changes. Every 10 ranks was an achievement and my friends and I all loved the new skins we could craft and use. The progression was slow but I felt the pace was okay. Rank (for most people) is an indication of dedication and experience. Now that the rank gain is accelerated and we got the transmutation thing going on, I feel that I don’t deserve the rank I’m at now. I felt like a complete fool for being so happy before.

This patch is aimed at bringing the PvEers into PvP. There is nothing being done for the PvPers who have played the game for just as long. Acutally yeah, the devaluation of PvP-obtained items such as weapon skins.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

The patch did one thing for pvp’ers:

They brought all pve farmers to pvp, granted them thesame armor. Cheesy condition spam builds. Screwed the meta up. And said: “Build variety”

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore~

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Yes, because I’m sure most of these dragon finishers didn’t come from glory farming. >.> Just be happy there are people playing SPvP again. Maybe it’ll start to get attention.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Yes, because I’m sure most of these dragon finishers didn’t come from glory farming.

They didn’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

Here is what it did. It made the servers lag to hell since a lot of people are getting random disconnects since the patch. Had no such issues EVER in this game since launch issues.

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I don’t know about you, but tearing apart hordes of mighty heroes wielding legendary weapons feels GOOD.

It’s like… they felt they were noble and powerful heroes… but now it’s time for you, the underdog, to kick their sorry behinds.

And then watching a zerg hero warrior wielding Hammer and that glittery GS and spamming 100blades when NO ONE is in front of him is priceless. And then you kill him and he calls you pve hero. Twice as priceless.XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself