What do you do when...?

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

When YOU are joining tournaments as a solo player and you get placed on a very weak team that is getting slaughtered?

Do you tend to go cap points and look for 1v1 fights?

Do you throw yourself at their zerg again and again and again (giving them points each time you die in 8 seconds?

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

It is not a troll. I was really wondering what other people tend to do. It’s frustrating. How do others cope?

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

It is not a troll. I was really wondering what other people tend to do. It’s frustrating. How do others cope?

You clearly didn’t read my first reply particularly well.

When I am facing opponents who grossly outskill me I follow one of these two plans:

Step 1: find out where the enemy is
Step 2: don’t go there

or

Step 1: get demoralized because I thought I was playing kinda good and I just got blasted off the map.
Step 2: run into the enemy a couple times after respawn.
Step 3: regroup emotionally and execute the above plan.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

If its clear that there is nothing I can do to carry the team, I educate them for future matches.

The community is too full of sprinters trying to leave everyone behind. We need more coaches.

Also, always be the first one to speak if you solo queue, a lot of people tend to just clam up when the match starts. Even saying “hi” breaks the tension of being on a new team. If you have an idea for a strat, throw it out there, even if it doesn’t work.

An ounce of communication in this game is worth a pound of victory.

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Posted by: fakeblood.2576

fakeblood.2576

I honestly think you should be at least rank 10 before being able to even que for a tourney so many noobs hot join and ruin what is a tourney

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

That’s why solo q tournaments without entry fee are soooo “funny” and competitive. And not ruining the whole game.
Loosing? Doesn’t matter, it’s FREEEEE! Just q up again the whole day. Even when having no clue what conquest is.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

That’s why solo q tournaments without entry fee are soooo “funny” and competitive. And not ruining the whole game.
Loosing? Doesn’t matter, it’s FREEEEE! Just q up again the whole day. Even when having no clue what conquest is.

Being fair Spvp is a tiny part of GW2 and if you remember the old ques and how long they were you would realize that free brought some people back to Spvp. The paid tournaments were a market that was failing. No one want to pay for a que because no one is joining. We let the sarcasm run rampant here but I think the realization that there wasn’t all that much to ruin in the first place is necessary for useful discussion.

You can complain about the “noobs” who ruin tournaments. but not long ago so many people kittened about not having someone in the sand box to play with them. they whined til they opened up the sand box and made it bigger. now they kitten about how many people don’t know how to build castles. If you PvE at all you realize some times you just have to teach and suck it up or just quit.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

The community is too full of sprinters trying to leave everyone behind. We need more coaches.

Also, always be the first one to speak if you solo queue, a lot of people tend to just clam up when the match starts. Even saying “hi” breaks the tension of being on a new team. If you have an idea for a strat, throw it out there, even if it doesn’t work.

An ounce of communication in this game is worth a pound of victory.

I agree with you.

I’ll just cap then zerg with my team if they are zerging. My builds are mainly team based so I avoid 1v1.

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

You clearly didn’t read my first reply particularly well.

No? What part of this negative poetry did I not understand?

I see through your ruse
It doesn’t matter if you lose
Don’t come here just to complain
Or find others to blame

And at the end: “Don’t make any more posts like this”

Seems unfriendly and sarcastic…even if you rhymed it.

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Solution A: seperate rankings within tournies. example at 41 I really hate being in groups with below 30.
Solution B: don’t allow hotjoins and pre mades in same tournies. separate them.
Solution C: don’t be competitive. I’m not. Idc win or lose it’s a game.
Kingship ftw.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Solution C: don’t be competitive. I’m not. Idc win or lose it’s a game.
Kingship ftw.

^The correct answer.
Kingship never waves.

The great forum duppy.

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

When YOU are joining tournaments as a solo player and you get placed on a very weak team that is getting slaughtered?

Do you tend to go cap points and look for 1v1 fights?

Do you throw yourself at their zerg again and again and again (giving them points each time you die in 8 seconds?

As an epidemic necro I have no choice but to find the biggest fight and get involved. No point me running solo when I am slow and my build is terrible 1v1

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

haha I know the Kingship"ftw"sounded like hypocritical but I simply meant my guild Kingship is awesome. Not about winning fights (we are a great pvp guild) but as in I love our guild.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Being fair Spvp is a tiny part of GW2 and if you remember the old ques and how long they were you would realize that free brought some people back to Spvp. The paid tournaments were a market that was failing. No one want to pay for a que because no one is joining. We let the sarcasm run rampant here but I think the realization that there wasn’t all that much to ruin in the first place is necessary for useful discussion.

You can complain about the “noobs” who ruin tournaments. but not long ago so many people kittened about not having someone in the sand box to play with them. they whined til they opened up the sand box and made it bigger. now they kitten about how many people don’t know how to build castles. If you PvE at all you realize some times you just have to teach and suck it up or just quit.

I support new and casual players, we actually need them to get a good balance in the playerbase. With the update they brought something up for the casuals, but in the same turn they took everything away for the higher-tier players. So what we have now is just a exchange of ppl and not a solution for both sadly.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

play/learn your role.

find satisfaction through learning & applying yourself. doesn’t matter if the game is hopeless, the rest of your team is useless, etc. there is always something you can do to better yourself & come away with a positive experience.

eg. if you are GY camped, you get the opportunity to figure out ways to break a GY camp. turn adversity into opportunity.

i would joke when i first started doing paid tourneys that i am paying for my education with these tickets. fighting players who are stronger than yourself is an opportunity that should be cherished & taken advantage of.

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Posted by: pinkbunnies.4620

pinkbunnies.4620

I played a lot of solo que tournaments today and many times I was placed on a pug vs premade match up. And we won.

If youre loseing then look in the mirror and ask how this match can help you improve. Youll only get better if youre forced to fight people better than you so dont get worked up over it.

Refine your tactics and skills. Experiment with different builds.

Sometimes nothing you can do will make it a win but some of the funnest games ive ever played ended in a loss.

its all about attitude.

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Posted by: brokenscythe.7963

brokenscythe.7963

Step 1: find out where the enemy is
Step 2: don’t go there

this totally defines what player vs player gameplay should emulate.

lets have everybody believe this and not even fight each other! just cap points and have fun doing so! YAYYYYYYYYY

lvl 80 Warrior – (COTC) – “For the Toast!”

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

I always try to play the right way regardless of score. You can’t avoid the better players anyway its a 5 v 5 the maps are not that large. Even an empty node takes long enough time to cap for someone to get there before you could take it and leave. You don’t get better avoiding fights with better players and using bad strategies.

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

I always try to play the right way regardless of score.

Please enlighten me. What is the “right way” to play?
If your team is getting disassembled in teamfights, you should stand by your honor and continue feeding them points?

Does the “right way” involve being mentally rigid and unwavering?
Does the “right way” involve losing because you’re stubborn?

The whole premise of the “right way” to play is absurd. This is a game that has fluid situations and ever-changing dynamics when it comes to positioning. Why should there be one “right way” to play.

What the hell, man?

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

What do you do when...?

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Continue playing as normal, or press B look at the profession selection and go find who I want to fight.

The great forum duppy.