What do YOU like about pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

This subforum is filled with threads of suggestions and feedback addressing things we don’t like about pvp, but it’s hard to find feedback about the features we actually enjoy within our game. I challenge you all the stop and think of 3 things you actually like about gw2 pvp, and why you think that you enjoy these features. -this kind of feedback is important because it ensures that the devs see what we actually like about their game and don’t take those features out!

Mine:
1. The heart of the Mists (level scaling, vendors, ect..): this feature has RUINED the mmorpg genre for me lol. It’s so hard to wrap my head around grinding through a level cap just to be able to access PvP after playing gw2 -ESPECIALLY in subscription based games, where I know that they profit by keeping me playing. It makes me feel like I’m being ripped off -“you want to try pvp on a druid, mage, and warrior? that’ll be $15, grats on grinding 3 characters to max lvl over the past month, oh you actually want to play now? $15 more please.”

2. Combat: GW2 got mmorpg combat right, they went for a more action-rpg style, but they didn’t dip too far into that genre to where it felt like an mmofps (like forge or tera). Combat at it’s core feels more fluid and mechanically better than most other mmorpg’s out there. (disregarding modular things like particle effects and lack of cast bars)

3. Builds: a lot of people might disagree with me on this, but I love the depth of the builds system in gw2. I probably spend more time theorycrafting builds in the HoM than I do actually playing these days. The diversity, complexity, and depth of the builds system in gw2 gives players a sense of cleverness and control over the way they experience combat -and that’s a huge deal in an mmorpg (just look at WoW, people hate the new MoP talent tree because of how streamlined it is). Although cookie cutter builds are prominent, I know that those cookie cutter builds were spawned from the imaginations of individual players who discovered them over months of testing, and that’s pretty inspiring.

Neglekt

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

The Petting zoo because Jonathan Sharp likes it

Condi spam because its funny and doesn’t get old… Necro for 3 months? ohPax

Leaderboards is a great feature we were given as well, its so broken I Lol all day!

Balance Patches Its unique in a game getting trolled by devs, so I like them.

Bugs The amount of broken skill/bugs in this non-sub games make me happy its not a sub game

Promises Everything we thought pvp prelaunch was getting and didn’t get, gets me excited for if they ever release it!

Esports …………..

Community Be it GW2 forums/twitch/ingame

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

(edited by Krayiss.4926)

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Matchmaking, because 500-150 games are fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Yeah, I totally agree on points 1 and 3 Zodian. I also like the three avenues for spvp (hotjoin/solo/team) because it lets me play whenever I want however I want.

The balance in this game is also really good in comparison to other mmo spvp, and I love that there is no gear-grind or pve grind.

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

I don’t take PvP seriously so Solo Queue is the only thing that I like.

in PvP

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

As you can see, you’re going to be met with a lot of bitterness and sarcasm here.

I like solo queue. Not really knocking hotjoin, but solo queue is a good and quick avenue into actual matches. There are improvements that can be made in the matchmaking but I play solo queue every day.

I like the locker and build options available. Ideal world, more stat combinations would be available, but I like that everyone has the same access to the same things. A good start without even adding new stat combinations to vendors would be to split the amulet into the 6 trinket pieces so that we can fit a jewel into each of them. Adjusting the stats to compensate for the extra jewels, of course.

Lastly, I like Skyhammer. Some disagree, but mostly I think they just get mad that they got knocked off, which is largely under their control anyway. I didn’t like it at first because I had no idea why I was being knocked off and killed, but as I’m learning I’m recognizing which professions can do what and adjusting. Everything about that map is fun. The super jumps are fun. Multiple vertical levels are fun. The Skyhammer cannon is fun. Hopefully see more maps with daring mechanics.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

I like how even the best conquest players are a joke when put against the best GvGers. I like how easy it is to get top 100 on the leader boards because the good players quit or dont do PvP conquest. I like how Anet kills any mode that actually involves fighting with your class so I can win just running around avoiding fights and playing on cannons trebs etc…

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

No gear grind.

No sub.

Fast paced gameplay.

Not many buttons so it isnt a keyboard management sim like other games.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I can win just running around avoiding fights and playing on cannons trebs etc…

If your enemies don’t have a brain yes, you can do that.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Xom.9264

Guess its lucky for me the top of the leader boards all the way down to bottom players in this conquest mode dont have brains, conquest mode lol. I farmed to top 100 casually and easy.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Guess its lucky for me the top of the leader boards all the way down to bottom players in this conquest mode dont have brains, conquest mode lol. I farmed to top 100 casually and easy.

You also believe that insulting people will cause the PvP devs to convince the WvW devs to remove the orb buff and support GvG, so I’m not sure I can trust your logic. Grats on top 100 though, a lot of people discount that accomplishment but it’s not easy.

I like:
—Encouraged team splits/constant decisions about where to be.
—1v1, 1v2, and 2v1 encouraged and game-changing plays possible in any of them.
—High apm builds (yes, there are simple ones as well—I just enjoy micro)
—Condition management (again, I like having to make a ton of fast decisions at the same time)
—Trinity removed/carry builds encouraged.

And of course equal gear, active dodging, etc. Those are just given.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i like hot join!

quick to drop in and drop out as i like.

casual pvp-ing.

kill, or be killed.

in PvP

Posted by: Destiny.6738

Destiny.6738

3. Builds: I love the depth of the builds system in gw2. .

That was a good one, seriously!

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

I like the people I met in sPvP… and that’s about it, at least in its current state…

The meta is boring, most viable builds are the ones with lowest skill cap, conquest is getting boring after playing over 5k games…

Well, I enjoy what you can do with custom arenas. Couple days ago we had whole guild build as close to our WvW builds as possible and go into crazy 10v10 deathmatch on Foefire mid. Most fun I’ve had in sPvP since early days of paid tournaments.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I did enjoy soloq for a bit, then I just got sick of it. Games were always with the same people, same cheese builds, and finally most game were a blowouts. Rarely did I get a good match.

Most of the time I just do my daily, and that’s it for PvP.

editfailiquitgganet

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in PvP

Xom.9264

You also believe that insulting people will cause the PvP devs to convince the WvW devs to remove the orb buff and support GvG

The truth is just the truth, all the best players I have met in this game have been on the WvW dueling/GvG side.

I have dont plenty of PvP and I find the players of poor skill and the proof is how easy myself and other GvGers reach the leader boards in a game mode we really dont like anyway.

Do you all understand that if conquest was serious and not considered a joke half the top 100 would not be GvGers? They should all be people from Tpvp….. but nope because all Tpvp was/is for the most part premades farming soloqueue and pugs groups.

There are maybe a few dozen good players that only do PvP tops, cant respect a game mode with player population of such low skill sorry.

Conquest = poor players skill in all games.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

The truth is just the truth, all the best players I have met in this game have been on the WvW dueling/GvG side.

I never claimed that you were wrong. You have seen both sides; I’ve mostly just done PvP, so I can’t argue with you about that.

All I was saying is that it’s a very strange way to go about convincing the devs to support GvG like you want.

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

I like combat :P. its fast paced and skill based, instead of a massive gear check.

I like not having to grind, but improve myself instead of my gear.

I dont like bunkers… But I like how every profession has atleast a few viable builds and youre not suicidal if you dont run the flavour if the month.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in PvP

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Not many buttons so it isnt a keyboard management sim like other games.

This, really.

When I PvPd with my Rogue in WoW, I needed almost all buttons on my G13 and Razer Naga, even if I used tons of macros. Crazy, I tell you.

One – Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Wvw folks can scream as much as they want about their 20vs20 being the future..All i know is that if there wasnt spvp and i had to grind to keep up and search for hours for a proper 1vs1 or small scale battle on wvw i wouldnt be playing this game anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Wvw folks can scream as much as they want about their 20vs20 being the future..All i know is that if there wasnt spvp and i had to grind to keep up and search for hours for a proper 1vs1 or small scale battle on wvw i wouldnt be playing this game anymore.

But there is really no reason why we shouldn’t be able to have 20v20 in sPvP (as a custom arena), though. It would add choice and diversity, something sPvP is currently sorely lacking.

One – Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Well, you know, if it’s that easy you’d be bound to find people on the opposing team doing the same exact thing…

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

1. HotM
/list

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

3. Builds: I love the depth of the builds system in gw2. .

That was a good one, seriously!

Its pretty deep compared to other mmos and you can change things around very easily. Definitely a great thing about the game.

in PvP

Posted by: showatt.9413

showatt.9413

But there is really no reason why we shouldn’t be able to have 20v20 in sPvP (as a custom arena), though. It would add choice and diversity, something sPvP is currently sorely lacking.

lol 20 vs 20? In tpvp?
That would have been a complete disaster unless they release game map tailored to this particular game mode and remove downstate. In 5 vs 5 you can’t afford to have 4 people ressing one guy; in 20 vs 20 you can.

Plus if the game mode is the same, just more point to capture, then what’s the point? you might as well play hotjoin. It’ll be less laggy, and take less time to get out lest you get stuck on a team full of scrubs.

in PvP

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Xom pretty much sums up what all the talented WvW players think, but don’t want to be labeled as a kitten and don’t say it
gg xom

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Yeah, I can never see myself again playing a game when I have to do a mindless, repetitive grind just to do PvP with the needed gear to win.

And the idea of a person having a huge gear advantage thinking they are good at PvP is ridiculous, now that you see GW2 equal gear fights.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

I got to rank 1 on na while i was rank 70 on eu, so according to that logic you’re a kittenty eu player not even in the top 100. Or the leaderboards are just broken and stupid and shouldn’t be used to make any claims of player skill etc.

Symbolic