What do YOU want?

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Vote here what exactly do you want to see happening in Season 6 Ranked!
Strawpoll: http://www.strawpoll.me/12343163

No drama, BS or hatespeech in this thread.
Just vote and maybe leave a message with your opinion/suggestions.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

I voted for solo and team (2-5), but in addition I think it should include separate leaderboards and equal rewards. If titles are included then there should be separate titles for solo and team queue as well. Both should have the same map selections as well. They shouldn’t make solo seem like unranked, just have a third option for unranked instead. That’s my opinion.

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

I voted for solo and team (2-5), but in addition I think it should include separate leaderboards and equal rewards. If titles are included then there should be separate titles for solo and team queue as well. Both should have the same map selections as well. They shouldn’t make solo seem like unranked, just have a third option for unranked instead. That’s my opinion.

Yup, what you said about LB is exactly the same as how PvP used to be (pre-2015). Team and Solo Q had each their LB respectively.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

wow nice lol, people voted for 5 when we already had it and it failed.
this is why players shouldn’t have any say over what goes on.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

5 actually did not fail, ArenaNet just decided to try something different due low pool and weird matchmaking formulas.
Matchmaking now seems alot better so they should try option 5 again, in my opinion.
I started PvP in 2013 and worked just fine except for matchmaking weird matches sometimes.

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

I voted solo queue 1-2 untill matchmaking prevents legendary and tier 3 platinum players from bieng matched with gold tier 1-2 players. Since thier is still a small population to work with. I voted for 1-2 solo queue simply so that players do not blow thier brains out.

As for teamqueue it has to stay in unranked as majority solo ques. I’d change.

Honestly we need automated weekly tournament off different levels.

intermediate tournament: any team that is not a pro league team or equivelant to
legendary tournament: teams that qualify to take part in pro league and wts

appearantly mmr already gets inflated to unknown levels when queing as a team in unranked, I’d argue that the scoring system needs to be a bit more complex or have an option that mirrors the esl 1 class rule. Players are also forced to play with 1 class and depending on the class and build the system will emphasise in scores it generally matter most, netting different rewards. allowing practicing and beginning teams to practice. ranked stays solo-duo and can be used to practice indivual skill level. Since unranked is also filled with majority solo que players it shouldn’t net the teams any kind of leaderboard since the majority of players they will kill are solo quers. What also might be possible is that very high mmr players who have long queu times can volunteer to play as a solo players vs teams in unranked.

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

SoloQ + 5 player only TeamQ. I think this would give the most competitive environment while also providing a team game environment. Also, weekly tournaments are a must, and those could be part of an improved league system. Season 5 was the most competitive season yet, excluding smurfing and match manipulators, which every season before had.

As soon as you do 2-5 player queue, you get players QQing about going against premades with their duo party. And I’m sorry, but if you don’t want that, ask for 5 player teamQ to be separate. Actually, just get rid of 2-4 player queues for ranked. Duo queue wasn’t healthy for the game and neither will any premade of any number of players going against a smaller group. If there must be queues for 2 players, 3 players and 4 players, they need to separate. And since the game doesn’t have a high enough player base to allow for 5 different queues, you are only left with SoloQ and 5 player TeamQ.

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

solo play or solo and duo here, 5 man have too much of an advantage against random, and there are not enough 5 man groups to maintain a 5 man queue.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

solo play or solo and duo here, 5 man have too much of an advantage against random, and there are not enough 5 man groups to maintain a 5 man queue.

What numbers are people basing this assumption off of when they say there isn’t a big enough population to have a separate 5 man queue? Is everyone here not already playing 5v5 matches. Do you not have short queue times? Are the other members on your team bots generated by Anet or something?

Population is not the issue here. The issue is the lack of incentive to put in the extra work to get a team together before queueing when you can just roll the dice and jump into a match solo and still get the same exact rewards. Incentive can be fixed, we’ve already seen this happen with pvp in general.

I get a strong feeling though that Anet intends for pvp to be casual battlegrounds now though, so doubt at this point we’ll ever see team queue or any sort of tournaments return.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Kako.1930

We didn’t really have option 5, it was played off as looking like that but Solo Q was just another word for Unranked and team was Ranked. Team could be 1-5 players (I used to solo on Team because it was more competitive and like Ranked. Higher rewards, people at least tried to run decent builds and learn to play, etc.)

What I would like is for a Solo Q Ranked and a Team Queue Ranked, where both have the same rewards and both encourage people to play decent builds and be competitive. It would also help against the philosophy that losing a team match is still more rewarding than winning a solo match that we used to have. Adding a third Unranked option would be nice, where Solo and Team would have the Ranked maps and Unranked could include the crummy ones.

I just don’t want to go back to having solo be regarded as unranked and pointless to try to compete in. It wasn’t because it was solo q that it was so bad, it was because Anet treated it like it was as competitive and worthwhile as hotjoin and so people played as if it was hotjoin. With the changes to the leaderboards and pips system, this could be a lot better.

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Stand The Wall.6987

it failed.

try something different

potaytoes potahtoes

snipples

solo q will always be sorta pointless to compete in, since youre put in a team with 4 randoms.
I don’t get it. if I want to compete ill join a team, get on ts, and practice. you cant do all that solo, solo is casual mode. solo is the opposite of an organized and synced team. this game mode suffers heavily when people cant even do the bare minimum to communicate and react to an enemy who is competent. in an fps I would say its different, strategy doesn’t matter as much there, but here its key.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

The hide option for maps roulette.

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

What do I want? Hmmm… I think all I wanted out of GW2’s PvP, was fun balanced matches. That’s pretty much it. The rest of the garbage I could’ve lived with because it’s GW2.

Since balanced matches was no where on the priority list. GW2 is no longer main. GW2’s match quality got soo bad for me I had to venture out so search the other yards. In this case the grass was greener on the other side. If I had to point a finger at which gun destroyed PvP in GW2. I’d say the Match Maker gun destroyed the GW2’s PvP scene way more then HoT could even done.

But now with no announcement by ANet to shorten the players per game. And with the PvP community at below critical levels. It seems if anything match quality will continue to get worst till. Someone upstairs pulls the trigger and let loose the 3 v 3 game mode for GW2.

Right now all PvP in GW2 is, is just a glorified PvE reward train. Maybe if I wasn’t a player with over 30 pieces of ascended weapons and armor. I may have found some fun in the Reward Train as well.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Kako.1930

it failed.

try something different

potaytoes potahtoes

snipples

-snipples-

I enjoy playing with an organized team just as much as the next guy, but restricting the options for players is not the way to go in my opinion. Making this season exclusively solo/duo was not good, but neither is mixing teams with soloers or forcing exclusively 5-man premades. You’re right that a 5v5 with both teams being organized and in coms is more competitive than 5v5 solos, but I think playing solo and being able to progress equally should still be an option at least.

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Posted by: Dinster.7063

Dinster.7063

@Terrorsquad Amazing idea with strawpool

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

My opinion is that the best is 1-2 soloq league system + 5v5 “EVENTS”

Realistically the majority plays the solodou system the majority of time. Its finally a working ladder. Ofc tweaks and anti exploit fixes are a part of maintanance but overall the system is working.
Maybe rewards, atm the lowest afk loser gets about 50% of the average maximun of top players. Thats gold, yes the titttle is cool but id prefer a more elitist gold per hour distrubution

As for 5v5, that happenes at best 1-2hours per day, so my next wish is a 5v5 ingame tournamt system ( daily, weekly, hourly, 8-hourly….)
A 5man que would be too hard and long to constantly peoduce good matches. Also it shouldnt be stealing and competing with the regular main que -the soloduo elo que.
A daily 2 hour period tournament, that doesnt even need a complex elo system, just simple additive points showing you placed top8,8,16,16,32 meaning youre around top15 out of the 40teams that will sign up.
Rewards need to much more unevenly spread like at least 2x more for each next tier rached

So i want the current soloq to be the main bread and butter, and 5man team more of a limited dessert

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Posted by: Kir Sakar.3647

Kir Sakar.3647

Fully agree with that, in my opinion this is the best solution for all the reasons you mentioned. It would be nice to have a competetive outlet for teams, and automated tournaments on weekends (when it is most likely all friends/guildies are online to form a team) would be great for that.

This also would not impact population and matchmaking on solo/duoQ too much, since there are probably still enough players for a healthy solo/duoQ at prime time even if a share of players q as teams.

Charr Chronomancer | Asura Tempest | Charr Druid | Charr Guardian
(Seafarer’s Rest, EU)

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Stand The Wall.6987

snipples

cant disagree, but it just doesn’t feel right to declude teams from the game.
after reading flumeks post, maybe monthly 5v5 tourneys could be a thing. I would hate to see the tip top teams being the only ones to get something though. I’m thinking grassroots. top say 20 teams get some kinda unique skin, some gold, and progress towards a title, while the higher up you are ofc you get better rewards. idk just spit ballin.

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

Realistically the majority plays the solodou system the majority of time. Its finally a working ladder. Ofc tweaks and anti exploit fixes are a part of maintanance but overall the system is working.
Maybe rewards, atm the lowest afk loser gets about 50% of the average maximun of top players. Thats gold, yes the titttle is cool but id prefer a more elitist gold per hour distrubution

As for 5v5, that happenes at best 1-2hours per day, so my next wish is a 5v5 ingame tournamt system ( daily, weekly, hourly, 8-hourly….)
A 5man que would be too hard and long to constantly peoduce good matches. Also it shouldnt be stealing and competing with the regular main que -the soloduo elo que.
A daily 2 hour period tournament, that doesnt even need a complex elo system, just simple additive points showing you placed top8,8,16,16,32 meaning youre around top15 out of the 40teams that will sign up.
Rewards need to much more unevenly spread like at least 2x more for each next tier rached

So i want the current soloq to be the main bread and butter, and 5man team more of a limited dessert

Nice idea aswel!

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

The problem is that my vote option is not present ^^.

Keep 1-2 Q and add a full premade one as teamplayground.

And even better add a 3:3 mode ^^.

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

The problem is that my vote option is not present ^^.

Keep 1-2 Q and add a full premade one as teamplayground.

And even better add a 3:3 mode ^^.

3v3 won’t hit before new DLC lands, I’m afraid :/

What do YOU want?

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

Seems it’s getting quite obvious majority does NOT want SoloQ 1-2 players anymore as Ranked alone