What do you hope for with the Dec. 14 patch?

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

nah, d/d ele is faceroll. you have 50 boons up at all times, you come in, unload, get out, heal up, and repeat. it’s the dumbest spec, only second to d/d thief.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in PvP

Posted by: Zeppelin.2438

Zeppelin.2438

The only thing to be expected is a huge lagfest lasting from 14th to the 20th because of Wintersday PvE crap.

Seconded.

Please, A net, do not let the new PVE crap lag our lovely PVP.

Please.

As for changes, I suspect small tweaks; maybe we can get better hints from Sharp’s conference.

in PvP

Posted by: Boogiepophantom.3041

Boogiepophantom.3041

At this point in time i still l see so much heart seeker spam its aggrovating its not even limited to 8vs 8, last tourny queued had 4 thiefs all doing it
Id like to see scepter auto on necro actually do something and corrupt boon to actually work
knockbacks are monsterous atm is close to wow thief stun locking some fights with particular builds , chained locked into constant global cds is not fun in any game

(edited by Boogiepophantom.3041)

in PvP

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

More class builds~!

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

nah, d/d ele is faceroll. you have 50 boons up at all times, you come in, unload, get out, heal up, and repeat. it’s the dumbest spec, only second to d/d thief.

What so dumb about a spec or profession which doesn’t exist?

in PvP

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

I hope they do something about the 3/4 of Ele traits that either don’t work at all, partially work, or are so weak relatively speaking that they are not worth taking. It kittens me off that D/D is the only viable spec for a roaming solo Ele in WVW.

- staff needs to lose a AOE skill or 2 so it doesn’t suck in 1v1 or is stuck being support/lolAOE-from-walls.
- scepter badly needs a version of Dragon’s Tooth that delivers damage a bit more reliably
- fire/air tree needs some kind of mobility/escape/mitigation-oriented trait(s) to make speccing those lines not so very paper-thin. the tradeoff of fire/air vs earth/arcana/water is very unbalanced.
- conjures need to not lock out other attunements while they are active.
- signets cast too slowly to ever be worth choosing over cantrips.

downed state is bad for PVP

in PvP

Posted by: MindlessRuff.1948

MindlessRuff.1948

I despise this way of thinking. Just because necros are weak versus burst thieves and eles, does not mean they are OP or deserve to be nerfed just to serve your personal desires to be able to faceroll every class. There is NO one build or class which is effective in 100% or situation.

I have a friend who plays necro extensively and I love his mindset about the game. Sure he gets a little upset when he gets gibbed by backstab while engaged in a fight, or gets hit by 100blades on his blindspot, but he never whines about those builds being OP or his class being UP, since it is just not true.

Whenever I ask him why he doesn’ t complain, he simply states that if one build could beat any other 1v1, then it would need to get nerfed, as it would be too versitile to pass up for other weaker options. The wide variety of counters and builds in this game will continue to increase as the game progresses, and is the best part about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

Bugfixes, and hopefully some burst toned down so we can get a more diverse/interesting meta in tournies.

New or revamped traits, and maybe some weapon skill changes/improvements.

in PvP

Posted by: pinkglow.3429

pinkglow.3429

Since we know we will only get some balance fixes, it is what we are going to get. It will be interesting read, but I will probably keep on waiting for what january/february will put on the table for us

in PvP

Posted by: Reicta.2178

Reicta.2178

I play a D/D Ele and have since early beta. I hope they don’t listen to the whining that’s starting to generate on the forums, as D/D Ele at least takes a degree of class skill and knowledge to play

It really doesn’t. It may feel that way because you constantly are using cooldowns. D/d survivability and mobility is just super strong, there’s no radically higher skill ceiling.

in PvP

Posted by: Panther Chameleon.8465

Panther Chameleon.8465

Honey Badger, the new Ranger pet. Honey Badger digs a hole because Honey Badger doesn’t give a kitten and any player that falls into Honey Badgers hole stays there.

" I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I don’t really understand why suddenly ppl think that D/D is so good, when it only got nerfed in recent history. I play main Ele and I know Ele is strong, but I choose to play S/D over D/D and I play with Valk-Amu and a lot of sustain over Glass-Cannon on both Weapon-Sets. Here is why I don’t think theres a Problem with D/D as a Bursty Spec in comparison to a D/D Thief, where I see huge Problems:

- D/D Ele is Melee only, he can’t switch to a bow for Ranged attacks. This is huge in Teamfights on smaller Points that forces the Ele to ball up with other Players and increses the DMG of AoE-Spells immensely. Also, It’s hard to stay on distance against strong Melee-Chars and Chars you don’t necessarily want to get close to, like Shatter-Mesmers, Engis with Bombs etc. This is a main reason why I play S/D over D/D
- The Burst of a D/D-Ele is rather small. He’s got Fire 3 (S/D has Fire 2 and Fire 3) and Fire 5 with a huge CD. The Rest of the DPS needs to be done by easily kiteable Autoattacks. His burst is also very easy to dodge. Even his knockdown and the Updraft is easily avaoidable by dodging or not being close to the ele: So if he ports or rides his lightning near you – dodge, then kite him and stay out of his range. There is nothing the D/D-ele can do about that.

The only 2 Problems with the D/D that I see, that makes it easy to run him very tanky, is the fact, that he can get Fury up 24/7 (cuz schocking aura + zephyrs boon + Aeromancers Alacrity and the fury you get by switching attunemts lets you keep it up at all time). This is also a Problem with other builds, like some Ranger-builds. I don’t know if it’s imbalanced, but if I build a D/D-Ele or Ranger-build and can go almost full tank in equip and still get 40+ Crit-Chance, I kinda feel it’s a bit too strong. Same goes for certain Traits like “Right-Hand Strength” of the Guardian.
The other Problem is, that you can switch to scepter before a fight and get 200 toughness from rock barrier for 30 seconds, which is pretty sick. Maybe lower the CD a bit but also the duration down to 20 seconds or sth. Or make it a viable option to shoot the rocks at the opponent, cuz as it is now, it does almost no DMG….

Again, ppl just complaining about builds that are maybe popular, but by no means IMBA and the things that could be considered very strong, maybe even too strong, aren’t even mentioned, because those ppl don’t understand the builds, nor how to play against them.

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

I played an ele but stopped, and frankly I have to agree a bit with nerva .. but I would perhaps not use those words he used. I don’t find S/D or D/D especially hard to pull off nor weak. Quite the contrary. It is not a 1-button-class, but things do flow nicely, and there is a lot of defense, AoE, control, burst … and everything is on a reasonable cd. If there is one downside, then it is that it is almost mandatory to have points in both water and arcane … the builds are a bit locked. But don’t mistake that for being weak.

In other words: When you without fear jump in and start tanking 3 people that know what they are doing and know you can get away easily … and return after healing up and do it again … and we are not talking about tanking-builds here. It is getting a bit absurd. When you play ele it becomes “normal” after a while … which is shouldn’t be.

in PvP

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

How to counter glass cannons.
Dodge or block.
Once their burst is done, kill them.

That’s how it should work, but it doesn’t with the two glass-cannon-classes widely considered IMBA; Thief and Mesmer.

There isn’t really an Option to give them any return-dmg, mostly because of invisibility.

Also, dodging is easier said than done, with Mesmer being able to stun and Immobolize you with skills that have a rather short CD.

With Thiefs, the Problem is, that they can just kill everything in an ongoing teamfight, where ppl have used up their defensive CD’s and maybe don’t have enough endurance to dodge. Besides, good thiefs tend to come out of nowhere, which makes it almost impossible to dodge the backstab, even with perfect map-awareness and reflexes.

It definitely works that way.
You can just swing your melee weapon in the general direction of the thief. He doesn’t go super-sonic speed by stealthing, unless he for some reason decides to use a teleport/steal.

I agree with Mesmers though, illusion shatters are impossible to avoid when all the illusions are stacked up at different ranges. You dodge the first one, you eat the other 2. You dodge the other 2 and you eat the first. Or you dodge both and have no endurance left, and then you’re in for a beating.

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

@Rika: You make it sound like thieves are brainless. You don’t stealth and stay in the same place or continue to run in the path you were running before. Unless I am surrounded by enemies who unload a lot of AoE that simple strategy is not really doing anything … like 90% of the time. And it is not because I am smart or they are dumb … but I am invisible. There is imho only 1 case where it works most of the times.

Even while saying this I cross my fingers for an AoE-nerf. Imho ppl are at times not even aware of what they are hitting.

(edited by Poxxia.1547)

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

How to counter glass cannons.
Dodge or block.
Once their burst is done, kill them.

That’s how it should work, but it doesn’t with the two glass-cannon-classes widely considered IMBA; Thief and Mesmer.

There isn’t really an Option to give them any return-dmg, mostly because of invisibility.

Also, dodging is easier said than done, with Mesmer being able to stun and Immobolize you with skills that have a rather short CD.

With Thiefs, the Problem is, that they can just kill everything in an ongoing teamfight, where ppl have used up their defensive CD’s and maybe don’t have enough endurance to dodge. Besides, good thiefs tend to come out of nowhere, which makes it almost impossible to dodge the backstab, even with perfect map-awareness and reflexes.

It definitely works that way.
You can just swing your melee weapon in the general direction of the thief. He doesn’t go super-sonic speed by stealthing, unless he for some reason decides to use a teleport/steal.

If you talk about the MU between Thief and D/D-Ele, you’ll have to consider sth.

→ DD-Ele is pretty much used as a direct counter to Thiefs, because of Shocking Aura, decent toughness and the Point-Blank-AoE’s, which is one of very few ways in which you are able to DMG a stealthed Thief.

If you wanna win a MU with Thief against a D/D-Ele, just stay on Shortbow and only go in for a Backstab if you see that the Ele has already used shocking Aura and then go on distance again right away.

Besides, if the Ele goes for his combo, which has longer recast, does less DPS and is harder to hit than the ones of Mesmer/Thief. he may have decent sustain after it, but at least you have to build him somewhat tanky to use him that way and he isn’t invis the whole time, so with good spikes and the help of a mesmer/necro to get rid of the boons, you’ll easily be able to kill him. It’s a whole other story with Thiefs and Mesmer, cuz you can’t spike what you can’t see….

in PvP

Posted by: NaturalPortman.9562

NaturalPortman.9562

Devs should definately NOT listen to the ele mainers trying to save their class from another nerf because ele’s definately need one. Ever faced a 3+ ele team? The fact that people are opting for team comps like that alone show how broken ele’s are, they are TOO versatile.

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

Devs should definately NOT listen to the ele mainers trying to save their class from another nerf because ele’s definately need one. Ever faced a 3+ ele team? The fact that people are opting for team comps like that alone show how broken ele’s are, they are TOO versatile.

Yes, they are versatile and they are fast, but:

- DMG is nowhere near that of Mesmers/Thiefs.
- The Combos have high recast.
- If you want to use sustain, you have to actually sacrifice DMG, unlike the Thief or Mesmer, which can be extremely hard to kill although they run Zerker-Amu.
- They have weak-point that can be exploited, like with strong Boon-remove – whats the counter to Stealth?…
- Their Heal (Ether Renewal), which is undoubtedly incredibly strong, is very easy to interrupt.
- They don’t have Speedstomps/Speedrezzes or AoE-Stealth for rezzing/Stomping, Mesmer and Thief both have that if they want to run it and those are Skills that actually win you teamfights.
- They don’t have a Portal or 25% Movement-Speed+tons of Shadowsteps, so they aren’t even as good in moving around the Map as Thiefs/Mesmers.

Besides that: I have never ever seen a Team running 3 Eles…. 1 Ele is pretty common, 2 is rare, 3 is sth. I’ve never seen. But I can totally see that working, not because Eles are imba, but because Eles in groups work well together, because of the Heals, combo-fields, chain-stunning and Boons they apply to each other.

That being said: What specs where those eles running that were so hard to beat and are for you proof enough that ele is the new “imba-class”.

ANet shouldn’t listen to newbs that have no clue how the different classes work and cry out for nerfs if a good player beats them in Hotjoin…. -.-°

in PvP

Posted by: Psikerlord.2569

Psikerlord.2569

AFter much soul searching i have determined that i would like the next patch to … buff hawken. ooohhh wait a minute, am i in the wrong forum?? soz

in PvP

NaturalPortman.9562

- If you want to use sustain, you have to actually sacrifice DMG, unlike the Thief or Mesmer, which can be extremely hard to kill although they run Zerker-Amu.
- They have weak-point that can be exploited, like with strong Boon-remove – whats the counter to Stealth?…
- Their Heal (Ether Renewal), which is undoubtedly incredibly strong, is very easy to interrupt.
- They don’t have Speedstomps/Speedrezzes or AoE-Stealth for rezzing/Stomping, Mesmer and Thief both have that if they want to run it and those are Skills that actually win you teamfights.
- They don’t have a Portal or 25% Movement-Speed+tons of Shadowsteps, so they aren’t even as good in moving around the Map as Thiefs/Mesmers.

Besides that: I have never ever seen a Team running 3 Eles…. 1 Ele is pretty common, 2 is rare, 3 is sth. I’ve never seen. But I can totally see that working, not because Eles are imba, but because Eles in groups work well together, because of the Heals, combo-fields, chain-stunning and Boons they apply to each other.

That being said: What specs where those eles running that were so hard to beat and are for you proof enough that ele is the new “imba-class”.

ANet shouldn’t listen to newbs that have no clue how the different classes work and cry out for nerfs if a good player beats them in Hotjoin…. -.-°

Err. Comparing ele damage to thief/ mesmer damage is stupid. Ele does constant heavy aoe damage to everyone while being able to tank like a mother, while giving himself and the whole team boons up the kitten while being virtually unstompable with a team that knows how to play the “downed game”, has easily the top mobility in the game.

Should I go on..?

And don’t even bring in stealth to this argument, conquest mode alone counters stealth, you win the point the second the thief stealths.

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

Err. Comparing ele damage to thief/ mesmer damage is stupid. Ele does constant heavy aoe damage to everyone while being able to tank like a mother, while giving himself and the whole team boons up the kitten while being virtually unstompable with a team that knows how to play the “downed game”, has easily the top mobility in the game.

Should I go on..?

And don’t even bring in stealth to this argument, conquest mode alone counters stealth, you win the point the second the thief stealths.

Pls do go on, because the things you’ve stated are easiyl countered by smart positioning in a fight or on the Map…

- Ele does heavy AoE-DMG? -> Don’t ball up
- Ele has good team-support? -> Draw them out of teamfights
- Ele has a strong downed-mode? (and yes, I think Mist-form shouldn’t heal the Ele) -> don’t kill the Ele first.
- Ele has lots of Sustain? -> don’t kill them first
- Ele gives lots of boons? -> Use Mesmers or Necros or even Thiefs to counter it
- Ele is fast? -> Use portal

Your arguments just solidify my opinion of you that you don’t know how to play GW2. I’m atm Rank40 with 600+ Tournament-Wins and I played in Top-20 GvG-Guilds (worldwide in the main PvP-Teams) in GW1, so what exactly does qualify your opinion to be more valid than mine, besides your flawed argumentation of course…

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Should I go on..?

I think you missed something you cant be dps and bunker at the same time with ele D/D it doesn’t work that way. The other thing is like I pointed out before we saw nerfs the last 2 patches. Another point churning earth http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Churning_Earth is one of the easiest skills to avoid due to its exceedingly long cast.

Mesmer shatter and theif backstab will both beat ele in single target dps due to our biggest hitting skills having long cool downs. Sadly to say beating a D/D ele is more about being a good player than anything else as there are counters in each class.

Also straight line mobility we are about equal with a warrior gs who knows what he doing. Running in circles mesmers and thiefs both have more due to stealth and teleports.

If you need to know how to beat a D/D ele its rather simple with range and immobility but you know players are too lazy to learn anything if its not pew pew I win the scream nerfs lol without thinking about it.

Edit:

BTW down 2 counts as a rez so when you down again it counts as a second down . You cant use your heal skill after its over and you have the penalty for a stage 2 down (less hp etc). this skill in spvp is no more than an escape tool for a very short period of time you cant stop the down after that.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i’d like to see:
Hundred Blades get a damage reduction but be able to be used on the move.
BS/HS thieves balanced, not “Smite Booned”, but balanced.
Death Blossom evasion removed.
i’d like to see rangers made worth showing on the class selection screen.
i’d like for staff ele’s lightning set to get more single target burst feel.
i’d like to see necro minions buffed and AI improved.
i’d like to see the “Death Nova” trait act like it did in GW1 (with a BOOM!)
i’d like to see quickness GONE.

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

I think you missed something you cant be dps and bunker at the same time with ele D/D it doesn’t work that way.

If you mean the same thing as I (Amu-Switching), you’re partially right. If you think about tanking with Valk-Amu, I don’t see a Problem on most Ele-builds, because most of them require you to give up lots of DPS if you go a tanky route. You then just walk on a continuum between DMG and Sustain and most ele-builds don’t burst out of it by being too tanky and dealing a lot of DPS at the same time.

The biggest, or IMHO only Problem, are D/D-Specs with their perma-Fury. You Can go full defense on Runes and have rather defensive traits, which makes it possible to go from DPS, to pretty much Full-tank just by switching out your Amu. This is only a real Problem on Legacy thought, because on small points, the Ele is a pretty bad pointholder, because of his lack of knockbacks and only 10 seconds stability every 70 or so seconds (which would be on armor of earth, which not many DPS-specced eles use anyways).

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Regardless of how strong or not a D/D ele might be, it’s not a faceroll build. Dot. The elementalist is one of the hardest professions to master in GW2, and D/D is possibly the hardest of their weapon sets. Your description fits a thief, but is extremely simplified for a D/D ele.

That’s why there are so many thief players owning others, but so few D/D eles that are truly good.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

As usual nerf thieves and buff everything else…right?

But devs maybe actually have a brain…so not, this is not going to happen…sorry. ^.^

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I think you missed something you cant be dps and bunker at the same time with ele D/D it doesn’t work that way.

If you mean the same thing as I (Amu-Switching), you’re partially right. If you think about tanking with Valk-Amu, I don’t see a Problem on most Ele-builds, because most of them require you to give up lots of DPS if you go a tanky route. You then just walk on a continuum between DMG and Sustain and most ele-builds don’t burst out of it by being too tanky and dealing a lot of DPS at the same time.

The biggest, or IMHO only Problem, are D/D-Specs with their perma-Fury. You Can go full defense on Runes and have rather defensive traits, which makes it possible to go from DPS, to pretty much Full-tank just by switching out your Amu. This is only a real Problem on Legacy thought, because on small points, the Ele is a pretty bad pointholder, because of his lack of knockbacks and only 10 seconds stability every 70 or so seconds (which would be on armor of earth, which not many DPS-specced eles use anyways).

What I meant is burst stats and D/D do not equal survivability the only classes that can do that are thief (to a lesser extent) and mesmer (to a major extent). Attunement swapping in DD will not shift you from tank to dps all by itself and auto attack is laughable. The truth is you have a couple of dps combos and anybody who can read them knows how to dodge or counter them and that’s about it.

As far as perma fury goes why not? I can achieve it on Warrior and other classes without much stress.

Look what most players don’t get or tend to forget is that DD has been around this entire kittening time and already got nerfed along with other ele specs. You cant nerf a class because people start playing it due to nerfs in the first place. Anet is about to enter a vicious cycle and should realize from now that there is no stopping a fotm spike. Players like to win and few give a damn about class. They were the ones that made spvp full access any class no leveling required. Its the flaw in the system. And honestly its whats killing pvp. So they may nerf ele again and i realized who gives a kitten. Eventually the pack will more on to the next flavor.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

to be realistic i would like every TRAIT bug , wrong weapon description and maps bug would be fixed.
then something about pvp score, about some key character build (bunkers, burst)

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

To be realistic i’m hoping for custom spvp matches (i have waited for them since beta :\)….
I hope we will also have some new WvW content really worth the wait.
I dont expect any class nerf, cause they are good as they are, just need to have all traits and skill fixed.

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

So…d/d eles are “impossible to kill”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Zw8vNJVvg

This video say otherwise

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

If they nerf/fix burst dmg of 1.mesmers, 2. thieves, 3. warriors I’ll be more than happy to take a nerf/fix on bunker build

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

As far as perma fury goes why not? I can achieve it on Warrior and other classes without much stress.

Look what most players don’t get or tend to forget is that DD has been around this entire kittening time and already got nerfed along with other ele specs. You cant nerf a class because people start playing it due to nerfs in the first place. Anet is about to enter a vicious cycle and should realize from now that there is no stopping a fotm spike. Players like to win and few give a damn about class. They were the ones that made spvp full access any class no leveling required. Its the flaw in the system. And honestly its whats killing pvp. So they may nerf ele again and i realized who gives a kitten. Eventually the pack will more on to the next flavor.

I’m on the same side of the argument: There is nothing, or very little wrong with D/D Eles.

But I have to completely disagree with the fact that no level-requirement and equal footing gearwise is hurting sPvP – it was the same in GW1 and it’s the same in almost all major e-Sport-titles. You cannot make a serious PvP-game in which you have to farm your gear first – PvP-Players that want to PvP and want a serious e-Sport-Title will simply not stand for that. Of course there will be certain minor disadvantages, like ppl hopping onto the bandwagon of certain fotm-builds, but thats nothing to be worried about. Look at SC2, SC:BW and other Major RTS-Titles – there almost always was a metagame that shifted from certain Builds or playstyles to others, even if there weren’t any major Patches done – that’s how a metagame works most of the times.

Of course it’s ANet that has to differentiate between new and strong builds that may appear too strong, but ppl just have to get used to or prepare against and blatant imbalances and I do think that ANet will and has been doing a great job. They actually said that they don’t want to make hasty decisions that they’ll regret and so far, the buffs/nerfs haven’t been huge, but each and everyone of them was in the right direction.

This can and will not stop whiners, nor ppl that actually think about what they’re writing and have knowledge of what they are talking about.

Onto the Topic of Fury: I think ANet will realize soon that they have to treat it like Retaliation – make it a Teamsupport and burst-oriented skill that will be used to spike, but shouldn’t affect the overall effectiveness of builds so drastically or bump up the sustained DMG of certain builds throughout the game.

And yes, this of course isn’t just a Problem of the D/D-Ele, but as I’ve said of the Ranger, as you’ve said the Warrior and other classes. It’s just a bit silly that I can go for the +500 toughness (valk/soldier in exchange for Zerker-Amu, which gives me +25% crit-chance, so equals 400 toughness) and still get above 40% crit-chance (which is the strongest DPS-modifier by far).

I don’t see this Problem as pretty obvious or game-changing, but I’m experimenting around with tons of different builds and on certain ones I can just go full tank in equip and Amu and still do comparable DMG as If I’d use Zerker-Amu and offensive runes, just because they have fury up all the time.

And even though I think that D/D isn’t too strong as a whole, this would be one of the very few aspects of the build where I could see changes happen, probably for the better (if they change fury over all classes and don’t just bump down the Ele)

in PvP

Posted by: SAtaarcoeny.8476

SAtaarcoeny.8476

Fix my phantasmal berserker

fix my trebuchet

make ppl do paids

URTFC.COM

BIG GW2 TOURNAMENT INC SPONSORED BY URTFC.COM

in PvP

NaturalPortman.9562

This video say otherwise

Yes the ele will get downed if it stands in place and eats the burst of a thief >.>..

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

This video say otherwise

Yes the ele will get downed if it stands in place and eats the burst of a thief >.>..

Lol so the ele must move to avoid the burst..but if he moves is OP, that’s why Anet always state “L2P” before anything

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

1, FIX FAST HANDS
2, Nerf bunker builds – to creat more diverse meta
3, Nerf glass cannon builds – to create more diverse meta
4, FIX FAST HANDS
5-10, FIX FAST HANDS

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

NaturalPortman.9562

This video say otherwise

Lol so the ele must move to avoid the burst..but if he moves is OP, that’s why Anet always state “L2P” before anything

No the ele is op when the ele is actually at the keyboard to play you moron.

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I would like to see small buffs to non D/D eles, as this would allow elementalists to actually play a different weapon set and remove some complaints against d/d.
Maybe a small nerf like elemental attunement earth 3seconds instead of 5 in pvp. (Edit: I’m not actually hoping for that, since I main an ele, I’m just being hopeful that we won’t get nerfed too badly :p, and it seems reasonable.)

Rangers still need some love. A buff to long range shot would be nice. Maybe 1sec attack speed. Decrease the effect recharge on spirits or some signet buffs.

Otherwise, bug/glitch fixes.

(edited by Navzar.2938)

in PvP

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Ele does constant heavy aoe damage to everyone while being able to tank like a mother, while giving himself and the whole team boons up the kitten

Please enlighten us with this magical high DPS, high tank and high support spec… hint: it doesn’t exist. Every class can “tank like a mother” if you spec full tank on it.

You are conflating bunker D/D eles with burst D/D Eles. The only “big damage” you can get out of a typical 0/10/0/30/30 cantrip D/D is churning earth for 4K + bleeds on 5 targets with ~1800 power and that’s a stationary point-blank 3sec cast. Abilities like dagger storm crap all over it.

Ele is like every other class: good support, good DPS, high survivability – pick 2. The main reason D/D has become popular is that all the other Ele weapons have major issues (staff = terrible at single target, scepter = dragon’s tooth easily dodged, focus = no heals, no mobility).

I enjoy D/D but i’d rather be playing a ranged caster, but that isn’t currently viable if you don’t like tower- or zerg-humping (yes I only play WVW).

downed state is bad for PVP

in PvP

NaturalPortman.9562

Ele does constant heavy aoe damage to everyone while being able to tank like a mother, while giving himself and the whole team boons up the kitten

Please enlighten us with this magical high DPS, high tank and high support spec… hint: it doesn’t exist. Every class can “tank like a mother” if you spec full tank on it.

You are conflating bunker D/D eles with burst D/D Eles. The only “big damage” you can get out of a typical 0/10/0/30/30 cantrip D/D is churning earth for 4K + bleeds on 5 targets with ~1800 power and that’s a stationary point-blank 3sec cast. Abilities like dagger storm crap all over it.

Ele is like every other class: good support, good DPS, high survivability – pick 2. The main reason D/D has become popular is that all the other Ele weapons have major issues (staff = terrible at single target, scepter = dragon’s tooth easily dodged, focus = no heals, no mobility).

I enjoy D/D but i’d rather be playing a ranged caster, but that isn’t currently viable if you don’t like tower- or zerg-humping (yes I only play WVW).

Uhh, a sustain damage cantrip ele can tank just as well as these “BUNKER SPECS” you speak of. All their builds have boons and passive regen up the kitten If you don’t think the ele class has too much going for it at the moment I’m sorry to say that you aren’t seeing the picture here.

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

Ranged weapons for ele will soon be viable, Jon Peters has already admitted that burst is not really viable for the ele..or very “rough” using his words, couple this with the upcoming buff to fire trait and you’re in for a surprise.
The day that staff/scepter work like daggers/trident will soon arrive

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Uhh, a sustain damage cantrip ele can tank just as well as these “BUNKER SPECS” you speak of. All their builds have boons and passive regen up the kitten If you don’t think the ele class has too much going for it at the moment I’m sorry to say that you aren’t seeing the picture here.

You forget that we are talking about the class with the lowest health and armor in the game.Its obvious that ele would have either more active defences and boons OR more damage..Now since our damage isnt anything to be proud of (i hope you dont disagree here) i dont see anything wrong here.Personally im all for taking some defence and improving eles offencive abilities.You must be very carefull to NOT BRAKE the class when making these changes..and i dont wanna see ele getting extinct from tourneys ..

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Rise of the condition warriors ..that’s what I want to see.

Pineapples

in PvP

NaturalPortman.9562

You forget that we are talking about the class with the lowest health and armor in the game.Its obvious that ele would have either more active defences and boons OR more damage..Now since our damage isnt anything to be proud of (i hope you dont disagree here) i dont see anything wrong here.Personally im all for taking some defence and improving eles offencive abilities.You must be very carefull to NOT BRAKE the class when making these changes..and i dont wanna see ele getting extinct from tourneys ..

Have you ever faced a team running 3 elementalists? Shows how truly broken the class mechanics are.

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

23 lines of tool-tip changes.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I just hope we see the end of nerfs. It seems as if we need to keep getting better and better gear just to stay where we were prior to the most recent nerf. Not fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

I also hope they take away the frenzy penalty off of warriors. Why do they have to be the only ones with that crap?

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

Be realistic and try your very best not to troll.

Pretty much nothing. After being repeatedly disappointed ever since the first time I got my hands on this game, I came to expect nothing positive at all from it.

I find it boring, shallow… Just opposite of fun. There is a slight, slight chance I’ll be pleasantly surprised many, many patches from now, but I highly doubt that.

I went Planetside 2 and never logged back in, not even once. I visit the forums whenever I’m bored and can’t think of anything else to do to see what’s going on. But I might stop doing even that, because it appears that even thinking/talking about GW2 bores me as well.

It’s just that bad.

in PvP

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I play a D/D Ele and have since early beta. I hope they don’t listen to the whining that’s starting to generate on the forums, as D/D Ele at least takes a degree of class skill and knowledge to play well.

I’d like to see a buff to rangers they really need it, slight buff to Engi’s, no nerf’s to thieves and bug fixes!!!

Well said and I agree.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in PvP

Posted by: tarcheg.4872

tarcheg.4872

1. Nerf AoE (most important atm)
2. Nerf any kind of skill rezzes (9/10 high lvl teams abuse them right now)
3. Nerf & adjust Downstate (that’s just something I hope for every patch)

edit: there are ofc a few other unbalanced things in this game like the heal of a bunker ele, time warp (which I count as an AE and those needs to be nerfed across the board anyway) etc… but again seeing streams of engis (and other classes as well) killing people with AE while having targeted themselves is just kind of stupid imho.