What exactly is "Match Manipulation"?

in PvP

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

Q:

What exactly does A-Net understand by Match Manipulation? Who shall I report by this?
Strictly speaking it should allow me to report every player, who gets a disconnection in a match up. It also would allow me to report players, who play against the concept of structured PvP (fighting off points for instance).

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

What exactly does A-Net understand by Match Manipulation? Who shall I report by this?
Strictly speaking it should allow me to report every player, who gets a disconnection in a match up. It also would allow me to report players, who play against the concept of structured PvP (fighting off points for instance).

Match manipulation is intentionally pushing your team to lose, or offering the other team incentives to lose.
Being a bad player isn’t match manipulation, neither is a DC.
One of the easier to prove examples of this is paying your opponents to lose, both the person offering and the person taking the offer can be reported.

The keyword is intent if you can’t be sure of it it’s not match manipulation.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

It’s not reportable as match manipulation unless you have clear evidence of intent to effect the outcome of a match in a negative way. Negative being against “the spirit” of the game.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Paying someone to go afk, syncing premades against each other with a predetermined outcome, or even joining “red team wins” custom arenas could be considered match manipulation. It’s not like Anet will do something about any of these so don’t bother.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

well actually “fighting off points” is not match manipulation especially if your team control the point nearby and you simply “fought off point” to quickly kill the opponent before he / she can actually reach your point.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Do dance parties count as Match Manipulation?

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

According to Anet, you can report him for Botting due to “unacceptable player behavior”. That goes for players who AFK and deliberately trolls.

Never heard of a single person getting kicked or banned through the Botting report though… i’m curious if it even works.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

According to Anet, you can report him for Botting due to “unacceptable player behavior”. That goes for players who AFK and deliberately trolls.

Never heard of a single person getting kicked or banned through the Botting report though… i’m curious if it even works.

Well the game was over if you looked at the score but I constantly throw dance parties towards the end of a game when it’s a complete blow out.

Lightens the mood, stops my team from the “hahas” and “git guds” and stops thier team from getting depressed over the blowout lol

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Well the game was over if you looked at the score but I constantly throw dance parties towards the end of a game when it’s a complete blow out.

Lightens the mood, stops my team from the “hahas” and “git guds” and stops thier team from getting depressed over the blowout lol

There aren’t any realistic chances of someone reporting.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari