What happend with matchmaking ?

in PvP

Posted by: Ocean.1364

Ocean.1364

Please can you explaying me how is possible that in previous league i was in diamond and I had win ration about 70 percent and now i win 1 game from 10 ??? What happend with matchmaking? Its impossible to win.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

According to the forum pros you were carried into diamond in S1 and now you are at your current skill level.

Now … don’t get me wrong, that’s a load of trash. But it’s the response you’ll get in this forum nonetheless. I just spare you the 10 page discussion.

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

It was setting you fights you had roughly a 50% chance of winning before. So if you were of any particular skill level you could reach diamond because you’d mostly be fighting against people of that skill level and with, ie. on your team, people of that skill level.

Now it only ensures you fight with people it thinks are at your skill level, not against people who are of your skill level. So you can end up in matches it’s pretty kitten sure you are going to lose.

And if you lose, it re-adjusts its estimation of your skill level down and will team you with worse people. So you will just lose more.

in PvP

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

Anet thought it would be a great idea to let players be farmed and end competitive play in ranked mode.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

My tip is one weak team where 1 or 2 players are good others are useless actually have to fight against a lot better skilled players where all 4-5of them are decent players. One team have players that have teamplay, know who to focus. defend points, how to cc, how to dps, how to heal support teammates,res teammates, can stomp!! etc other just some low that dying in some sec at mid or someone dying at far alone. If i kill someone in fights most of the time none there to stomp it while enemy ganking me 1v2 1v3 etc.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

It was setting you fights you had roughly a 50% chance of winning before. So if you were of any particular skill level you could reach diamond because you’d mostly be fighting against people of that skill level and with, ie. on your team, people of that skill level.

Now it only ensures you fight with people it thinks are at your skill level, not against people who are of your skill level. So you can end up in matches it’s pretty kitten sure you are going to lose.

And if you lose, it re-adjusts its estimation of your skill level down and will team you with worse people. So you will just lose more.

So, if I lose a game that the matchmaking thought I was supposed to lose, my MMR still goes down? That doesn’t seem right. I would think that your MMR should only go down if you lose a game you were supposed to win.

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

So, if I lose a game that the matchmaking thought I was supposed to lose, my MMR still goes down? That doesn’t seem right. I would think that your MMR should only go down if you lose a game you were supposed to win.

This requires too much logic man. Stop it. Someone at ANet might get a headache.

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

This requires too much logic man. Stop it. Someone at ANet might get a headache.

Ow!

Logic and common sense…..

ITS BURNS! IT BURNS!

(sorry, couldn’t resist)

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

Evidence would suggest otherwise… Also what about all the winners who get put into progressively higher brackets? Is their MMR not changing either because they are winning fights they are supposed to win?
MMR is supposed to be sensitive to a persons chances to win, however the ‘streaks’ that this system has created will certainly have an effect.

Anyone who plays online chess will know that losing against opponents who are significantly higher rated still has a negative effect on your own rating. Multiply that by 10-15 losses and it would be a sizeable drop.

in PvP

R O C.6574

Evidence would suggest otherwise… Also what about all the winners who get put into progressively higher brackets? Is their MMR not changing either because they are winning fights they are supposed to win?
MMR is supposed to be sensitive to a persons chances to win, however the ‘streaks’ that this system has created will certainly have an effect.

Anyone who plays online chess will know that losing against opponents who are significantly higher rated still has a negative effect on your own rating. Multiply that by 10-15 losses and it would be a sizeable drop.

Right, but I assume that chess players KNOW the rating of their opponent, and can choose whether or not to risk their rating by accepting a match with someone well above their skill level.

in PvP

Posted by: frederion.5082

frederion.5082

This system encourages guilds teams in the detriments of solo players arena.net thank you loved season 1 and you bummed me the game, and continued so and you go straight into the wall.

matchmaking pits and biased as an untalented player can be mounted diamonds by his guild.

Player who knows gw2 since beta.

in PvP

R O C.6574

On the bright side, there are a lot less complaints about class balance this season

in PvP

shion.2084

That’s just because noone can figure it out with the lopsided matches, Lol.

in PvP

frederion.5082

I much prefer smaller class imbalance that MMR distorted

in PvP

shion.2084

By the way here’s the algorithm-ish….

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm

in PvP

frederion.5082

it’s no update , 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Dreddful.4860

Dreddful.4860

Man, when people dont even understand Mesmer downed skill or anything else conquest related, I get twice the points of my teammates in some games, top defender and capper etc, something is wrong! The mmr is completely busted wide open! I palyed with Saphire and Ruby guys one game, and they were way worse! (guilkdies) How cant I even leave emerald in soloq!!! So frustrating since you cant carry a whole team on your back…

in PvP

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

Man, when people dont even understand Mesmer downed skill or anything else conquest related, I get twice the points of my teammates in some games, top defender and capper etc, something is wrong! The mmr is completely busted wide open! I palyed with Saphire and Ruby guys one game, and they were way worse! (guilkdies) How cant I even leave emerald in soloq!!! So frustrating since you cant carry a whole team on your back…

LOL are they stomping the clone?

sigh there are terrible ppl in all divisions it seems. (in T4 Emerald, played against the most glassy thief you ever saw that was in Saph).

Guess they rode the mmr to the upper divisions, MMR will be forever against us this season i’d imagine.

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

Try to carry with a necromancer then. 3-4 guys always on you and none try to help no heal. nothing. they send you back to respawn in 6-10sec for 10mins even less if you low on life force thats the real fun man

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

How skilled are you in GW2? I mean your pvp skill. Low, Low-Mid- Mid – Mid-High – High?

in PvP

rwolf.9571

How skilled are you in GW2? I mean your pvp skill. Low, Low-Mid- Mid – Mid-High – High?

the skill of common sense?

in PvP

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

Anet just put me on a team with 3 other revs, all solo queue. What match making.

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

The skill as a player. How many of 1v1s 1v2 you win usually, do you know how and where to rotate,do you defend points? do you help your team to defend when its required? if you have 2 points close mid captured you go far for other point to zerg respawn? help your allies survive as much as possible? do you know who the best to focus target or you focus target the one that is hardest to kill ( like my solo teams doing usually ) than lost the match. do you know when to go for objectives? You should be able to climb ladder in emerald. You cant lose tiers.

in PvP

Dreddful.4860

LOL are they stomping the clone?

sigh there are terrible ppl in all divisions it seems. (in T4 Emerald, played against the most glassy thief you ever saw that was in Saph).

Guess they rode the mmr to the upper divisions, MMR will be forever against us this season i’d imagine.

Yup stompign the clone in late emerald tier jsut before sapphire…

in PvP

Dreddful.4860

The skill as a player. How many of 1v1s 1v2 you win usually, do you know how and where to rotate,do you defend points? do you help your team to defend when its required? if you have 2 points close mid captured you go far for other point to zerg respawn? help your allies survive as much as possible? do you know who the best to focus target or you focus target the one that is hardest to kill ( like my solo teams doing usually ) than lost the match. do you know when to go for objectives? You should be able to climb ladder in emerald. You cant lose tiers.

Its really common sense at this point though that is required, not too much else at least from my team mates, but yes I help focus my team mates targets and cap/rotate in time. But I can’t be in many places and when mostly my team mates lose the 1v1 (which I literally stomp any 1v1 in my bracket) is jsut really frusrating.

in PvP

Posted by: Torafugu.1087

Torafugu.1087

Please can you explaying me how is possible that in previous league i was in diamond and I had win ration about 70 percent and now i win 1 game from 10 ??? What happend with matchmaking? Its impossible to win.

MMR snowballing. if you have the bad luck of losing a couple games at the start. the MMR thinks you are bad, and proves itself right by putting you on team of noobs. but it doesn’t put noobs on the other team. That’s why you are experiencing what you said.

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

Thats a fail system it shouldn’t put an experienced skilled player in a team with bad players against a good enemy team. but it works like this atm. So if you are on losing streak you will play even more worse players and will stuck with there only playing with low skill that dont know much about real gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

You got on losing streak so the season is over for you,more you try to fix your mmr the worse it gonna be.

in PvP

Posted by: Veneratio.1980

Veneratio.1980

I have 2.2k ranked games. 4 classes with champion title and understand them and the game quite well. When to attack, when not to, when to peel. When to stomp, res, run etc etc. my skill level is not ESL standard but it is far from bad.

25 loses in a row now in sapphire. Very few of them close.

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

Early sapphire, 5 signet warrior.

Signet.

Warrior.

#workingasintended

The Ghost of Christmas Past

in PvP

Posted by: Army of Ninjas.1580

Army of Ninjas.1580

You think THAT’S bad? I had a team that never communicated except to trash-talk, quadruple capped home, all simultaneously tried (and continuously failed) to stomp one person, then spent the rest of the game dying at enemy treb (yes, they couldn’t even 4v1 one person). And that’s just one match.

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

So long as your pro leagues epurts is their priority you’ll continually see bad decisions for the majority.

I wish they’d just let it go.

Sacrx NDA leak ages ago, showed that WvW and GvG were left to rot for the sake of PvP. So now that GvG is dead and WvW is on the verge PvP must be doing well?

The most popular streamers for PvP spend most their time laughing at Anet.

#potatofarmers

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

rwolf.9571

Early sapphire, 5 signet warrior.

Signet.

Warrior.

#workingasintended

I think my own warrior would commit seppuku if she saw that.

but that gave me a chuckle, which I cried after being stuck in emerald.

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

I have been forced to multiclass because nobody else in soloQ seems to be doing it. I guess it’s perfectly fine for people to have a team of 3-4 paper revenants without batting an eye. Who gives a flying f@#$ that this is sapphire yo?!

Or how is it wrong to have 2 thieves on the team while the enemy has 3 DHs. What could possibly go wrong yo?

I may be average, but I don’t deserve to be teamed with slowpokes.

ANet, deal with this kitten.

in PvP

frederion.5082

The system is completely stupid not more PvP GvG but they want.
But these are 2 different system, PVP is often random and what players want is playing with players levels, including enemies while GVG teams are often prémade with a voice.
Personally I am ready to shutdown the game after this season because I already know I would not be legendary with this stupid system when it was my goal.
When I think that 15 days ago I wanted to buy 2 account for my daughters, i don’t buy, it will play another smarter play.

(edited by frederion.5082)