What happened to hotjoin?

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I played this game since August 29,2012, the day of the release. Pvp hotjoin was SO much more fun back then. 8v8 matches were normally intense & competitive. Pvp hotjoin was full of LIFE, now it’s just not fun anymore.

Since 5v5 was introduced, matches have become much more abnormally lopsided than in 8v8. People quit losing teams to join winning teams, spectators pounce as soon as a spot opens. 5v4, or worse cases 3 when auto-balance messes up, is not fun for any team.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I’ve played since that date as well, but we remember things very differently. Hot join was a little more balanced, but was still pretty lopsided. Joining with a friend was a nightmare due to random team assignments and autobalancing. 8 v 8s were often just zerg fights and I remember them often being pretty lopsided.

Hotjoin got really imbalanced, but you’re better off doing unranked matches if you want a fun match with relative balance. Hotjoin was renamed practice for a reason.

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Hotjoin at release was competitive because you had to pay to play real matches. Everybody played Hotjoin instead.

Hotjoin also was 8v8 and had Capricorn which was a great map for 8v8.

Once paywalls on team play were removed, and solo Q came, decent players left. Once spectator mode was introduced, winning became more about manipulating auto balance and skill became less relevant.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Hotjoin at release was competitive because you had to pay to play real matches. Everybody played Hotjoin instead.

Hotjoin also was 8v8 and had Capricorn which was a great map for 8v8.

Once paywalls on team play were removed, and solo Q came, decent players left. Once spectator mode was introduced, winning became more about manipulating auto balance and skill became less relevant.

You never had to pay…………. I never payed for my 2k+ ‘Paid’ Tournaments. You just needed a ‘Paid Tournament Ticket’…the price to get in, was the ticket lol. Did they sell them on gem store? Yes. Could you win them? Yes (=free).

1 Unranked tournament 1st place = 1 Paid ticket
Paid tournament:
1st = 3 tickets
2nd = 2 tickets
3rd = Your 1 ticket returned
= Infinite Tickets once you got the 1st one

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

I used to wish hotjoin was removed because there was only tournament and hotjoin, no unranked. With unranked there’s no reason to play hotjoin.