What happened to the casual tournaments?

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

All the non-pro tournaments seem to be cancelled every week due to lack of interest, these things were the only thing that kept me going in PvP a lot of the time.
The EU tournaments have all disappeared because apparently nobody in EU cares about tournaments anymore (ESL, AG, pugquest), NA Thursday ESL cups don’t exist, the NA pugquest has vanished, the only thing left besides pro league is the NA AG cup, which would require to stay up until 4am if I wanted to take part.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

Yup its really a shame. Prizes are amazing and yet noone shows intrest.
NA ag will be gone in a few weeks no doubt, only had like 5 teams the past couple of weeks

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

in PvP

Posted by: Hubris.7436

Hubris.7436

I don’t know where everyone else is on this, but personally I was getting tired of not getting any prizes from tournaments. Anet finally handed them out (gems and llamas) about a week ago~ after not giving anything out for a solid 4-5 months. I think for many the prizes were the main reason to participate, and it didn’t seem like Anet was ever going to get around to giving people what they had earned. So naturally interest dropped off after people lost the incentive to play. In general I have felt like Anet just doesn’t give a kitten about this community. So why bother..

in PvP

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

True, Grouch usually takes 5+ months to get prizes out, which is indeed ridiculous, but hey hes never jipped me of my well deserved gems

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I seen alot of action for AG tournaments before HOT. Many teams switching players coming up with new teams and all the good drama. HOT hit and many of the people i knew who were playing and wanted to attempt going into the ESL league stopped because they didnt like the meta, what there class turned into, etc etc etc.

Hey lets come out with a expansion and not even think of PvP or WvW in mind.

Also taking the tournament information off of the PvP forum was another huge hit to it. Alot of people who look for information on the game go to GW2.com and not to reddit or twitter.

I honestly believe anet didnt know what they had when they made GW2. It was a better PvP game core wise then it was PvE. Yet they focus on PvE. So here they are now trying to make it Esports since it has great mechanics but they didnt do basic things.’

Like creating a minor league system and giving it any attention. I mean storm and the others ahve done a great job of announcing and keeping up with the matches yet no one can see these without going to youtube.

There is no convenience factor as people who enjoy the game can watch for entertainment. For TOL 2 they had a breakdown on youtube of the teams and brackets. If anet really wanted this to work they would do that and then have casters break down games after the matches and they would have it on this GW2 page.

Then we come to HOT and the meta is still gross. You add in all the factors and a game will die off.

Its never a good thing when the people who play the game love it more then the people who created it and want to expand on it for $ purposes.

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

There should be an automated tournament like there was in guild wars 1.

in PvP

Posted by: SlaSh.5827

SlaSh.5827

Pro league killed weekly tournaments. No more competition if you are not in pro league. Additionally, we don’t have proper leaderboard and legendary division can be done in 1/2 weeks. Boring as usual.

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

NA AG is still going strong. It won’t die just because the last 2 weeks we’ve had low numbers. Most people were just waiting on their gems.

I’m trying to push for AG EU again but I doubt it’ll be happening this week because I have been ill the last 2 days and unable to advertise/play the game.

Hoping for next week to go through.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

NA AG is still going strong. It won’t die just because the last 2 weeks we’ve had low numbers. Most people were just waiting on their gems.

I’m trying to push for AG EU again but I doubt it’ll be happening this week because I have been ill the last 2 days and unable to advertise/play the game.

Hoping for next week to go through.

So you won’t stream this week/tonight?

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

NA will be, yes.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.