What if TeamQ is Disabled

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

And all matches are fine tuned MMR based SOLO Q?

How would that work out?

I think it would work out well.

Think about it – most of the teams now are forced/artificially created to prevent being farmed and NOT because people in those teams really enjoy it.

Besides, if you really want team play, you can always vs other teams in custom arenas. AND it would have more candidates for tournaments. Maybe it would make tourneys even more exciting because it’s something you can’t normally queue for.

Since the majority of players are soloQuers. Why dont they serve the majority and just make premade teams split up or compete in their own private servers.

IMAGINE how happy that would make a lot of people…if soloQ came back.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

(edited by Vapour.7348)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

it’s a team game. 5v5. form a team. it’s really not hard at all.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

This sounds like a good idea actually. At the very least, it could be a better measurement of personal skill and contribution. I think that would feel more rewarding for people.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Forming a team is easy, building it up and making sure every1 contributes to a common competitive goal is something else. Yeah thats not hard at all.

Or why not ask the same question again, why no soloq. There r good soloers hindered by the design decision in having both team and solo in same ranked q. This is competitve at a whole new level.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

Thats no excuse for not having a solo Q. It was already in the game, the majority of players wants it back and its far and beyond fairer to those that don’t want to team up 24/7. Heck, it’s not even difficult to implement and with ANet’s claim of PvP being the fastest growing aspect of this game there really is no reason to not implement it.

Don’t kitten your pants just because youse a scrub that benefits from farming pugs with full premade, hypocrite.

Retired GW2 Player

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

You know what’s terrible? I have far more success if my teammates all soloQ’d.

Less successful when I get teamed up with a guild full of pvers. I actually hate being teamed up with guilds. A lot of guilds are scrubby. I’d take veteran soloQ pvpers in my team any day.

Sorry that was slightly off topic. But if I get good solo teammates…I almost don’t mind going against premades. The problem is I DONT ALWAYS get good soloQ teammates. It’s inconsistent

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

Hey choo I know it’s not hard. But sometimes it goes both ways:
1. I don’t want to be in a team
2. I don’t want to go against a team

During the first test ladder almost a year ago, I was in a premade and made it to the top 100. It was ok but I found the old solo Q far more exciting.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I’ve managed to play in exclusively premades for months & months.

sure, y’all want solo queue. feel you there. you wont get it tho. adapt or die homes.
y’all can call me scrub for playing a team game as a team for as long as you want, but idgaf. team game requires a team. it’s simple.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Magira.6390

Magira.6390

I’ve managed to play in exclusively premades for months & months.

sure, y’all want solo queue. feel you there. you wont get it tho. adapt or die homes.
y’all can call me scrub for playing a team game as a team for as long as you want, but idgaf. team game requires a team. it’s simple.

No, you’re wrong in all points. But who wants to admit that he is a cheater, wich bad game design (Premade vs. PUG) exploits. But ok, if it makes you feel any better. ^^

And yes, it is a team game. But while PUGs are ready with ALL (It’s an MMO) to team up, you serve yourself from the small group. Your style of play has nothing to do with MMO, there is an exclusion of almost all other players.

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

I see where you are going with this.

Although it will make the majority of the players happy, how are teams supposed to approach this?

Implementing this will never happen especially how anet is blindly infatuated with esports.

EU since Aug 2012