What in sPvP indicates skill?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

Q:

Serious question honestly. What in sPvP indicates skill?

Been called it all as of late, once in a blue moon I’ll see “GF”, but otherwise it’s OP, Cheezy, Meta, noob. Normally I never give it a second thought until today.

Leaderboard?
Just appears to indicate how many games you’ve played. I can grind a thousand games and get on there.

Dragon Rank?
Just grind that as well.

Leagues?
Given the MMR abuse, premades reking pugs (nothing against premades, they are playing the hand they are dealt. I play in one too) I have a hard time even trusting a PIP score now.

Champion titles?
Given the balance issues, sure why not. XD

Tournaments?
Balance issues plague the game. We all know it and we’ve known it for a while. Unless a Meta team vs a Meta team is witnessed.

I suppose good rotation could, but even good rotation doesn’t mean a victory. I for one was super excited to see ANET take action and introduce some exciting sPvP content and partner up with ESL, but I figured after 3 years they’d learn not to go into something kitten.

So I beg the question…. what indicates skill in this game or does it really not matter?

(edited by Wolfs Shadow.7234)

in PvP

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

if there was a solo q then it would be your league, but right now its literally nothing

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Leaderboard is actually a decent indicator. You can have a win rate under 50% and still be considered “good” with above 70% rank percentile because teams you beat and lose to are actually really good.

I always try getting into premades and occasionally do, but I mostly soloQ.

I would say good rotation indicates skill most of all and situational awareness.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

Leaderboard is actually a decent indicator. You can have a win rate under 50% and still be considered “good” with above 70% rank percentile because teams you beat and lose to are actually really good.

I always try getting into premades and occasionally do, but I mostly soloQ.

I would say good rotation indicates skill most of all and situational awareness.

Thank you for clarifying this.

Out of curiosity did they not reset leader boards at all during the new season?