What is Anet balance principle?

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

@David Ortiz

We also looked to normalize elementalist damage and healing a bit more, as their overall potential to do both at the same time was considerably higher than was healthy for group compositions.

And that must be why now we have druid with bristleback and smokescale, then dragonhunter with symbols/trappers

They have more personal sustain than pre-nerf ele and this give them the chance to focus more on support, on top of this they have more dmg..way more dmg than old cleric ele.

Despite all the bullcrap the esl tools say with their lists, the elementalist on general spend 70% of the time running around trying to kite for its life..the remaining 30% of the time he will try to “heal” his allies with melee range aoe heal and share boons that do absolutely nothing against the condi meta

On the other hand we have profession that can both melee and range at the same time, this goes both for offense and defense…and still have better self-survivability

I mean..you devs, say that tempest damage and healing was too much..then leave druids and dragonhunters behind after the patch….

Are you actively trying to treat people like idiots or what?

in PvP

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

@David Ortiz

We also looked to normalize elementalist damage and healing a bit more, as their overall potential to do both at the same time was considerably higher than was healthy for group compositions.

And that must be why now we have druid with bristleback and smokescale, then dragonhunter with symbols/trappers

They have more personal sustain than pre-nerf ele and this give them the chance to focus more on support, on top of this they have more dmg..way more dmg than old cleric ele.

Despite all the bullcrap the esl tools say with their lists, the elementalist on general spend 70% of the time running around trying to kite for its life..the remaining 30% of the time he will try to “heal” his allies with melee range aoe heal and share boons that do absolutely nothing against the condi meta

On the other hand we have profession that can both melee and range at the same time, this goes both for offense and defense…and still have better self-survivability

I mean..you devs, say that tempest damage and healing was too much..then leave druids and dragonhunters behind after the patch….

I think that this change was because of raids. Supposedly, raids wouldn’t negatively affect the rest of the game, but we can see how that turned out with balance changes such as this.

in PvP

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

nerf everyone- thats the principle

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in PvP

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

I want some of what you are on if you think dh has more sustain than pre-nerf ele.

Battlelord Taeres

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

@David Ortiz

What they’ve done to the elementalist class in unforgivable, but it was foreseeable if you think about the other ridiculous balance changes the class has suffered from in the past 2 years. Every time they nerfed a skill or trait it was only for 1 specific situation and they ended up ruining 10 other situations where that same skill wasn’t OP at all.

We told them during the dev of Tempest that we didn’t want to be heal bots, but the ele balance lead doesn’t listen to the elementalist community.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

As someone who has mained ele and warrior ive been able to lean on one or the other class when it has had some bad nerfs.

I played 3 games on ele today, 2 with a build i was doing ok with during the off season then i went back to the old meta build with menders. I was pretty useless all 3 games and we lost 500-100 or less each time. So ive been playing rifle warrior and am on a 6 game winning streak.

It just reminds me of season 1-2 for warrior. Season 1 core/vanilla warrior was better then zerk and season 2 had bad version of the current condi warrior we have now. Every game i was in a match against a ele, someone on my team would say target the ele and take them out quick and we did.

You say balance principle and i say huh? I am on Crystal Desert borderlands for WvW and HOT classes are incredibly broken in small groups. Engy/warriors/mesmer literally walking into 2 vs 7-8 fights and able to run away and survive after a 2 minute fight. Then PvP has had these terrible balance issues since HOT arrived.

So its pretty obvious they have a PvE staff that works on that and they say to 1-2 people. Make it look like we do stuff on the PvP side of the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Light Of The Abyss.5927

Light Of The Abyss.5927

You say balance principle and i say huh? I am on Crystal Desert borderlands for WvW and HOT classes are incredibly broken in small groups. Engy/warriors/mesmer literally walking into 2 vs 7-8 fights and able to run away and survive after a 2 minute fight. Then PvP has had these terrible balance issues since HOT arrived.

To be fair. The people in WvW are absolutely horrendous players and have no clue what they are doing.

Delpfine Drake

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

@David Ortiz

They only meant PvE. In PvE, a zerker Ele has the top damage (due to hit boxes size) and top healing for teammates (due to stacking so easier to max wash the pain away).

Basically, they didn’t have any regards to PvP at all when they stated that. It doesn’t matter that in PvP Ele was just heal bot. PvE is more important to the balance team (especially when the balance lead couldn’t even solo Svanir on a HoT Ele)

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

(especially when the balance lead couldn’t even solo Svanir on a HoT Ele)

That epic moment when a dev is unable to play the spec he designed:
https://youtu.be/sIQNnE6LyX4?t=39m57s

He dies 35 seconds in the fight but the dev cheats keep him alive.
————

In comparison to another dev playing a class he didn’t design:
https://youtu.be/Ypl3N-lQsNg?t=31m18s

Fight is barely 8 seconds and the guardian is invul the whole time.

Look at that! Balance at it’s finest.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

————

The guardian didn’t even lose HP, while pressing like 5x fewer keys. Why can’t the balance team just look at that and realize how messed up their balance is? Fighting Svanir is PvE, so now you can balance that too! Please.

I gave up hope for the day Ele can fight Svanir with the same effort other classes spent on him.

in PvP

Posted by: TheNickPrice.8457

TheNickPrice.8457

Uhmm support ele was and still is way more then boonshare and in fact is the best support for the “condi” meta.

sooo… gg op?

Great ele’s still exist and thrive, rlly it’s just more of a skill cap and they have become more or less like a thief in terms of optics where when u see one u say “kitten, I hope he’s good” two is “kitten” and if the team is losing you can blame him because others will bandwagon onto the idea.

TLDR:
Good tempests are still game changers
Tempest support helps with condi meta 10 fold to what guard or druid can do

Never engage an enemy more powerful then yourself. If engagement is inevitable, do so on your terms.

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

Uhmm support ele was and still is way more then boonshare and in fact is the best support for the “condi” meta.

Tempest support helps with condi meta 10 fold to what guard or druid can do

So even after they removed Cleric, Ele is still only good at being a healbot?

in PvP

Posted by: TheNickPrice.8457

TheNickPrice.8457

did you really think removing clerics was going to change that? removing clerics does not give ele more options for viable dps

Never engage an enemy more powerful then yourself. If engagement is inevitable, do so on your terms.

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

————

The guardian didn’t even lose HP, while pressing like 5x fewer keys. Why can’t the balance team just look at that and realize how messed up their balance is? Fighting Svanir is PvE, so now you can balance that too! Please.

I gave up hope for the day Ele can fight Svanir with the same effort other classes spent on him.

lol It’s a joke now. I was playing with another ele in pvp and we basically agreed that the only thing the class is good for now is healing npcs in Stronghold. Even when killing guards or archers it takes 2x-3x more times for am elementalist than any other class. What a fail.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

1. nerf thieves to please wvw folk/casuals
2. nerf everything but 1 class
3. overbuff that 1 class to create new fotm
4. make sure engis are viable
5. post muffin pics on reddit

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

They just need to slightly nerf HoT weapons/specializations.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

They just need to slightly nerf HoT weapons/specializations.

That bad marketing so that will not happen across the board at one time.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Or rework/buff certain core ones. Core necro was horrid across the board, with each buff making it not only more viable, but actually more fun and varied to play. But there’s still a lot of 2012 things in core necro kit that need addressing (like lich, shroud, wth is staff supposed to be anyway etc)

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Keep the game skill spam based…
Super flashy..
Burst rotation based to look good… (select most broken class and wait for pvp team to remove stats, while bvalance team dont care about it…)

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in PvP

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

The balance is broken from the ground up. The skills, traits, boons and conditions need a major rework on the level of essentially a new game.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Am i the only one who still has fun playing this game??

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Am i the only one who still has fun playing this game??

I still have fun playing GW2 but mostly it’s PvE content and at time WvW content when it’s not a KTrain fest.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys