What is in your 1v1 spec tier list?

in PvP

Posted by: lazycalm.5186

lazycalm.5186

I’ve been away from GW2 for a long time and I used to practice in 1v1 arenas.

Can you share your opinions?

in PvP

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

Mesmer Guardian Engi Ranger

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

in PvP

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

In actual 1v1’s it’s a bit hard due to some builds countering others but in my opinion the best in general are condi zerker, druid and power rev when vsing other power builds. Scrapper, if you’re good staff thief, chronomancer and guardian I think are mid tier and necro/ele are on the worser side of things. That said a condi reaper can stomp power revs and any other build which struggles with conditions.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

1v1 depends on your own skill level with builds on classes….. SO probably best to stick to what you like most.

I can 1v1, sometimes 1v2 on staff Ele, most people will tell you that’s stupid. It probably is but doesn’t mean it can’t be done.

Take this Fireworks thief for example, spams fire works which means he is weaponless but he still kicks peoples kitten.

Fireworks were removed from WvW shortly after this video. The guy Bandito has some wicked videos, not sure if he still plays though.\

When people tell you strait up certain classes, they are just reflecting on their own skills. The point is you can duel on any class.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

dude when you come into spvp forum people are talking about pvp

@op
guard loses nothing so thats #1
followed by mes which beats most things
scrapper
druid
thief
rev

Darek.1836

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

dude when you come into spvp forum people are talking about pvp

@op
guard loses nothing so thats #1
followed by mes which beats most things
scrapper
druid
thief
rev

No offense. Was only tryin to say to play what he enjoys most and get good at it.

(because people on the forum need a disclaimer: I’m not a pro, just an average player who plays all classes, mostly ele and I assume I’m replying to OP who is not a pro league player)

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I play S/F ele and thats what i can utilize best …. An i beat your list quite save exept the mesmer (OK scrapper and druid might be very long …………..)

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

warrior condi & mesmer scepter/shield staff condi
anything else

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

In order to rank, I’ll add this one clarification. My rank would be the build with the most favorable match ups. Here it is:
1. Condi Mesmer
2. Menders Druid
3. Symbols Guard/Power Rev

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

1) Ranger
2) Mesmer
3) Rev
4) Engi
5) Guard
6) Warr
7) Necro
8) Thief
Can’t kill anything) Ele

Of course just from my experience of seeing how people generally do against different classes in ranked because I only play 1 class.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

When using symbolic dh:

1-mender druid
2-other dh
3-scrapper
4-power rev
5-dodge spam thf (it can’t kill you, it just takes forever to die)
6-everything else

in PvP

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Since every build has favourable and unfavourable match-ups, to me “best” 1 vs 1 class is the one with the least amount of unfavourable match-ups, so I would put as my top 4
1. Condi mesmer ( can lose to mender scrapper/ mender druid/ symbol DH, favourable against most other builds)
2. Menders druid ( at the least should stalemate against most current builds in a pure 1 vs 1, struggles under high power based pressure)
3. Power rev ( heavily unfavourable against condi mesmer, but has a more then decent chance to beat every power based build)
4. Symbol DH ( loses to mender druid, paladin scrapper, decent chance vs power rev, can beat all mesmer builds and everything else however)

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in PvP

Posted by: Doctor.1905

Doctor.1905

The strongest class in this game is Drazeh the 193cm, 18 year old, beautiful, arab prince from Denial Esports.
-he declared that he is the strongest duelist in the world on twitch

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

1v1 depends on your own skill level with builds on classes….. SO probably best to stick to what you like most.

I can 1v1, sometimes 1v2 on staff Ele, most people will tell you that’s stupid. It probably is but doesn’t mean it can’t be done.

Take this Fireworks thief for example, spams fire works which means he is weaponless but he still kicks peoples kitten.

Fireworks were removed from WvW shortly after this video. The guy Bandito has some wicked videos, not sure if he still plays though.\

When people tell you strait up certain classes, they are just reflecting on their own skills. The point is you can duel on any class.

He doesn’t, it’s been a year + since he logged on, Pretty much everyone from RH quit long ago.

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

I would say macebow warrior is probably easiest to pick up and do well at in duels. With practice, druids, mesmers, and DH are strong duelists as well.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior