What is official class tier list for pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Q:

Assuming:
S = Overpowered class which should be nerfed quite hard
A = Class which you probably should take as it is too strong
B = balanced class
B- = very very slightly underpowered but generally still ok in the right hands.

Thanks if someone can help me with this. I want to know what is OP and what is not.

Thanks.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

A:

Here is the official list according to me.

S = Engi and ele
A = Thief
B = Necro, mesmer, warrior, guardian
B- = ranger

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

none
ele/engi
thief/mes/war/guard
necro/ranger

?

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

^And yet still the closest to balance we have ever been =D

(btw I’d suggest NOT spamming these posts Rosicky.)

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

B- ?!? HOW DARE YOU!

Alright, I guess that’s right.

(edited by Eurantien.4632)

in PvP

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

S = Engineer
A = D/D ele(and only D/D)
B = everyone else

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Dont worry I am done now. Just wanted to find out a few things about pvp

Edit: Interesting everyone’s lists are quite similar :O

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

S = Celestial D/D Ele, Celestial Rifle Engineer
A = Shoutbow, PoC Necro, S/D Thief, Panic Strike D/P Thief, Condi Engineer
B = Shatter Mesmer, Virtues Meditation Guard, Cele Staff Ele, Condi Ranger, Power Ranger, Hambow Warrior
B- = Bunker Guardian, Crit Strikes D/P

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

S Ele (D\D Celestial) and Engi (Rifle celestial and those knockback spamming decap bs even running soldier ’n kitten)

A Turret engi (I know it sux in high level pvp but definately too strong considering the absolutely no skill it takes) and Shout War (Basically you just spam stuff and stay alive, also healing your mates while spamming)

B Guard, War, Thief, Mesmer, Ele not running cele d\d, Engi not running celestial rifle or decrap clown specs (Kb, imm, block block block, blind, kb, healing turret, kb, imm, block block….and so on)

B- Necro (Probably because of eles and shout wars cleansing everything you can possibly throw at them + lack of sustain) Ranger (DPS is meh…really situational, while condition is going nowhere for the same reason as necro)…i would say that nec and condi ranger are not so good just because some other classes (Ele first of all) being op hardcounters to conditions (Expec in teamfight), but they’re not overall bad imo

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Any of you guys who just post classes seriously need to rethink before you write things. Classes are not OP. Certain specs within the classes are OP.

and lol at people thinking necro isn’t strong. It is the single best team fighter in the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

the real tier list:

S elementalist
A Engineer Thief
A- Warrior Necro
B Guardian
C Ranger Mesmer

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

S: Eng, Ele
A: Warrior, Thief, Necro
B: Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

This is pretty hard to do cause it’s very subjective and situational.

Rangers themselves can literally destroy a team if left alone. So I’d imagine Rangers considered op in lower rankings. While in higher, they get stalked instantly and get most of the time rendered useless.

Necro is another class that can destroy teams if left alone and is usually a main target due to being an easy target to follow as it has really no proper escapes.

Thief is a hit or miss depending on the player. I’d say the most important thing a thief player needs, is map /situation awareness. Which most of the time, they heavily lack on low ranks.

Warrior is a very forgiving class so it will probably be considered strong on pretty much all ranks.

So it’s really hard to make a tier list as there’s so many things to consider. Classes that do however perform exceptionally well regardless of rank and your skill level. Are Engis and Eles. So if I’d have to put any on S, it would be those two.

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

It’s all very subjective, for example if you run a cele engineer you will probably think necros are really strong, or if you run a warrior you might think mesmers are really strong, but really both classes are probably on the weaker end.

Look to what gets played at the top end of competition, that’s generally what’s strongest. Take note of what is missing, that’s generally what is too weak to compete.

in PvP

Solstice.1097

there are no ‘S’ because S says should be nerfed “quite hard”

even if celestial ele/eng are a bit too stronk, it only needs a careful, gentle nerf to bring it in line.

in PvP

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I say it depends on the map. Certain builds and classes fare significantly better on a certain map. For example,

• Power rangers do very very well in Temple of the Silent Storms
  • Power rangers, staff ele, mesmer have advantages in big map like Legacy of Foefire
  • Turret engis on small nodes or engi in general do best in compact maps like Forest, Khylo and Spirit Watch
  • Thief and mesmer have terrain advantage in Khylo and Spirit Watch
  • Power necro are especially scary in Skyhammer and Khylo (Clock Tower)
  • Classes which bring reflection/projectile blocking and war banner (by warrior) are really good in Courtyard

Just my two cents.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Assuming:
S = Overpowered class which should be nerfed quite hard
A = Class which you probably should take as it is too strong
B = balanced class
B- = very very slightly underpowered but generally still ok in the right hands.

Thanks if someone can help me with this. I want to know what is OP and what is not.

Thanks.

All classes right now are B-. They all have glaring weaknesses that have been provided to them to make beating them easier, with decap engie’s weakness being the threat of courtyard being spun.

There are no classes at the moment that are innately better than any other class. the current pvp is very close to skill based play, with minor exceptions.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

I say it depends on the map. Certain builds and classes fare significantly better on a certain map. For example,

• mesmer have advantages in big map like Legacy of Foefire

Foefire is the worst map for mesmers.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

The real tier list according to the #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

S DD Ele
A+ Cele Engi
A Condi Engi, SD Thief
A- Condi Necro, Shoutbow, DP Panic Strike Thief
B Bunker Guardian, Shatter Mesmer, Condi Ranger, DP Crit Strikes Thief
C Medi Guard, Power Ranger, Power Necro, Hambow, Condi Warrior
D Fresh Air Ele, Power Engi, Bunker Warrior, Berserker Warrior
F Condi Thief, Condi Mesmer
F- Condi Ele, Condi Guard, and anything else

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

(edited by ArrDee.2573)

in PvP

Posted by: Slim.3024

Slim.3024

More like LordRickster.

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

I think if celestial didint exist, alot of stuff would be viable and not ’’underpowered’’ like people think. Cuz cele has the stats of a bunker and a zerker combined together so it makes other full zerkers and full bunkers builds weaker but that dosent mean they are underpowered.

Bunker/medi guard, shatter mesmer, condi engi and terror necro is still very strong, just not optimal.

I agree , saying that medi guard and shatter mesmer is C tier is dumb. A good mesmer can kill anything 1v1 except thieves and medi guards. And medi guards destroy any class with zerker ammy equipped. I remember in the king of the hill servers people almost banned medi guard from there .

Anyway back in the topic.

S: D/D cele ele , riffle cele engi
A: shoutbow warrior , S/D thief, condi engi
B: everything else

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

(edited by glock.6590)

in PvP

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

• mesmer have advantages in big map like Legacy of Foefire

Foefire is the worst map for mesmers.

Well, from my experience, good mesmers use portal and rotate efficiently there. They are very hard to pin down and are really good at coordinating burst with thief/ele/engi to win mid fight. My friend always swaps to mesmer when our team has foefire and we have met great success.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

I agree , saying that medi guard and shatter mesmer is C tier is dumb. A good mesmer can kill anything 1v1 except thieves and medi guards. And medi guards destroy any class with zerker ammy equipped. I remember in the king of the hill servers people almost banned medi guard from there .

Because Medi Guards have 0 mobility, are mostly zerk melee with no disengages like Thief, and get melted by condis! Tiers aren’t based on 1v1s bro!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

Tiers aren’t based on 1v1s bro!

exactly

the tier list will vary if you are talking abut duels, solo q, and team q. some classes shine brighter with a team that knows how to play together, but are lackluster in solo q.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Because Medi Guards have 0 mobility, are mostly zerk melee with no disengages like Thief, and get melted by condis! Tiers aren’t based on 1v1s bro!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Medi guards dont get melted by condis in the slightest. They have some of the most efficient condi clear in the game. And their mobility isn’t that bad.

in PvP

Solstice.1097

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Medi guards dont get melted by condis in the slightest. They have some of the most efficient condi clear in the game. And their mobility isn’t that bad.

no vee wee say they have 0 mobility which means if they don’t have a mesmer with portal on their team then they can’t even leave spawn!

in PvP

Booms.2594

Wahoo! Bye frands!

you have to really really be efficient with every single port you use (its approximately 5x less forgiving than thief in terms of positioning imo).
the problem with medi guard is that, even though its true they kitten everything with a zerker amulet, this meta HAS NO ZERKER AMULETS.
In fact, s/d thief is probably the only zerker class that really can beat a medi guard at top tier vs top tier. Like wise its the only zerker class in this meta.

so ya. not meta because eles and engis.

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

^

“so ya. not meta because eles and engis”

Celestial* Engis and Eles. Without those builds medi guard beats everything but non-spirit condi rangers…

Also if you’re running scepter and/or GS (for the leap/weapon swap) positioning is a complete non issue and entirely L2p, especially given the hard mitigation that can facilitate moving back into play.

That being said my tier list would be:

S: None
A: None
B: Celestial Engi/Ele
C: Everything else (why you being such a hipster? You won’t go pro with that attitude!)

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Kugkug.8795

Kugkug.8795

turret engineers are the most faceroll thing every created for the pvp in this game

and yes they excel at the primary goal of every single pvp match, holding a conquest point

kinda lame how long this has been going on. cut their cc a bit, cut their heals a bit and make it so they aren’t so strong sitting on a point with all their turrets

don’t really care if “some” peeps feel it is balanced in competitive pvp cuz peeps just attack other nodes. This still means the turret eng is too strong holding a spot. In casual play it is just lame, peeps get a lot of pvp satisfaction out of 1v1 and it is lame when turret engineers are almost godlike in 1v1 sitting in one area.

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

FYI I did a survey on this a little bit ago (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/SPVP-Tier-List/first#post4494738, no balance changes since then iirc). This was the result. Ele/eng were borderline S depending on how you want to assign letter grades.

Ele 4.49 A+
Eng 4.27 A+
Teef 3.68 A-
War 3.58 A-
Mes 3.54 A-
Guard 3.37 B+
Nec 3.16 B
Rngr 3.02 B

in PvP

Booms.2594

^

“so ya. not meta because eles and engis”

Celestial* Engis and Eles. Without those builds medi guard beats everything but non-spirit condi rangers…

Also if you’re running scepter and/or GS (for the leap/weapon swap) positioning is a complete non issue and entirely L2p, especially given the hard mitigation that can facilitate moving back into play.

That being said my tier list would be:

S: None
A: None
B: Celestial Engi/Ele
C: Everything else (why you being such a hipster? You won’t go pro with that attitude!)

Actually it beats any ranger except settler amulet haha

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

I thought these lists were only for fighting games like smash, blazblu, and marvel, but hey this sounds like a pretty cool idea. Without further ado:

S: Ele
A: Engineer
B: Necro, Thief, Warrior
C: Mesmer, Guard
:(: Ranger

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

in PvP

Posted by: Theologus.7085

Theologus.7085

My view:

S: Ele (only d/d, other specs balanced like cele staff or gimmick like FA)
A: Engineer(cele engi one of the most balanced cele, condi strong and ok) , Warrior(all builds, except zerk trash), Teef (a class that kills any chance for zerk-active-pro-skill meta)
B: Necro(slow – it’s only problem, replace wurm for ok blink and this class can be A tier), Mesmer(one really viable spec and even this spec need babysitter or teef kill him alltime everyday anyway), Ranger(condi survival very ok and good balanced, just sidepoint defender not needed in this meta), Guardian(as damage dealer he is slow, as bunker not needed – he is best in his role, but this role dead now).

Sorry for my english, guys. I try.

in PvP

Posted by: Tael.5432

Tael.5432

I think these answers are very subjective because people just seem to be listing what they have trouble against in PVP on the characters they play in PVP.

I’ve seen necro as underpowered a lot on this thread, and d/d ele as overpowered. However I have played D/D ele for about 600 games over the last 12 months and the one class I am genuinely scared of fighting 1v1 and even on teams is necromancer.

The reason matching up against a necromancer even in a team fight is scary is because if they are smart, and wait until I just finish my water attunement then use the utility corrupt boon which transfers all my boons into conditions, I can basically be spiked down very quickly, certainly before water comes up again. It’s no secret that D/D ele requires high boon duration and having a tonne of boons always active, one well timed corrupt boon in a team fight or 1v1 and they are crippled from being able to defend themselves.

TLDR; Builds in GW2 are much like playing paper scissors rock, something can always hard or soft counter apparently ‘OP’ builds.

Fairy Tael – Elementalist

(edited by Tael.5432)

in PvP

Booms.2594

I think these answers are very subjective because people just seem to be listing what they have trouble against in PVP on the characters they play in PVP.

I’ve seen necro as underpowered a lot on this thread, and d/d ele as overpowered. However I have played D/D ele for about 600 games over the last 12 months and the one class I am genuinely scared of fighting 1v1 and even on teams is necromancer.

The reason matching up against a necromancer even in a team fight is scary is because if they are smart, and wait until I just finish my water attunement then use the utility corrupt boon which transfers all my boons into conditions, I can basically be spiked down very quickly, certainly before water comes up again. It’s no secret that D/D ele requires high boon duration and having a tonne of boons always active, one well timed corrupt boon in a team fight or 1v1 and they are crippled from being able to defend themselves.

TLDR; Builds in GW2 are much like playing paper scissors rock, something can always hard or soft counter apparently ‘OP’ builds.

l2p and save cleansing fire and use cantrips effectively

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Tael.5432

Tael.5432

I know how to play, and I do use cantrips effectively. Cleansing fire clears 4/32 seconds, other cantrips are 1 cleanse each on a longer cooldown.

Fairy Tael – Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Chukree.1756

Chukree.1756

I know how to play, and I do use cantrips effectively. Cleansing fire clears 4/32 seconds, other cantrips are 1 cleanse each on a longer cooldown.

Cuz a Necro can kill you in 1 v 1, BARELY, d/d’s overall OP’ness is not a consideration in your head? Absolute mind blown by people like you, and your narrow perspective of the game. Thanks for your attempt to argue against something hanging on a thin line. God f… save me

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I am sure an expert necro should beat a non-expert ele. If the necro has much higher skill he will win. If the necro gets a bit of luck he will win. But on the whole I think you shouldn’t really be losing to ANYTHING 1 on 1 as a d/d ele, let alone a condi class given the amount of condi cleanse and healing you have access to. Not to mention dodges.

in PvP

Posted by: balmung.6217

balmung.6217

S
d/d ele
A
rifle engi,s/d teef
A-
shoutbow,hambow,d/p teef
B+
zerk mes,rabid engi,necro(power/condi),guard
B
ranger(power/condi)

I’m surprised people think hambow is bad now or that teef is anything but A.