What is the best solo profession for SPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

What do you think is the strongest solo prof at this moment for spvp? I don’t have much time to play this game with friends and premade groups, and i’m also not that skillful player:), so i would like to join pvp only as a solo queue, occasionally, and i am wondering what prof would suit that kind of playstyle?
I mean being strong by my own, not rely on others too much. So what i’m looking for is good survivability and damage part if possible. I have been away from this game for more than a year and i have no clue what’s going on
Ty for your time and sorry for english …

in PvP

Posted by: FunkaHolixx.2937

FunkaHolixx.2937

for me ele but think for most players guard druid xD

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Dragonhunter, Dragonhunter, or Dragonhunter

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Rhex.2739

Rhex.2739

Thief. Anet pls nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

DH is by far the strongest class.

Recently I have been seeing allot of perma evade thief. Lots of players use the meta staff vault build. It really takes away from the old high risk high reward concept as they have no risk. The only reason thief isn’t broken right now is because DH is destroying them and there are at least 2 per team in hot join. Thief counters Druid pretty hard.

Druid and warrior have a sustain issue right now. When I see a good player use these classes they don’t die. Less skilled die to cc and boon strip but the good players time their dodges time their skills and spam less. They are literally unkillable 1 vs 1 and I dare say they can 1 vs 3 occasionally if the team lacks enough cc to punch though the crazy vulnerability stacks.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

DH is by far the strongest class.

Recently I have been seeing allot of perma evade thief. Lots of players use the meta staff vault build. It really takes away from the old high risk high reward concept as they have no risk. The only reason thief isn’t broken right now is because DH is destroying them and there are at least 2 per team in hot join. Thief counters Druid pretty hard.

Druid and warrior have a sustain issue right now. When I see a good player use these classes they don’t die. Less skilled die to cc and boon strip but the good players time their dodges time their skills and spam less. They are literally unkillable 1 vs 1 and I dare say they can 1 vs 3 occasionally if the team lacks enough cc to punch though the crazy vulnerability stacks.

And the only class which you don’t mention is Mesmer which you main and against which ofc only noobs die because Mesmer players are too skilled…especially sword/shield chronomancer…no sustain or dmg issues..it’s perfectly fine am I right?

For a knife holding thug, a thief holding a shotgun will be very dangerous…but if a thug holding a gun comes along..he won’t be considered any less lethal by the thug holding the knife who still remain at disadvantage

Druid…DragonHunter….Berseker..Scrapper….their presence merely act as the “elephant in the room”

Truth be told as the profession I used to main is now history I can only see nerfs to other professions as an act of supreme justice

I look forward to a future where : chronophantasma, chronomancer shield- Berseker mace, adrenaline health- Scrapper hammer and superspeed sustain- Druid staff, Celestial avatar sustain,HoT pet dmg- DragonHunter traps dmg, monk’s focus, wings of resolve absurd sustain- Thief perma dodging, stackable stealth, CC spam , where all of this will be finally addressed.

….hahaha..who am I kidding?

If all those elements above would be really solved..there would be no players left to populate the game enough….skillful game=no money

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I have played mesmer for maybe 10 games this season. All I’ve been playing is thief and guardian. Mesmer needs defenses nerfed it is true but they don’t deal enough damage to kill anything fast enough. Engineer and DH just absorb mesmer attacks. That isn’t to say portal is a great asset to a team and probably the reason mesmer can still play ranked effectively. Even when I play domination to try and max damage on a mard it gets out-healed. It has made the class boring enough for me to start class shopping. But they need no buffs only a sustain reduction. Mesmer damage is in a balanced spot right now. Again nerf Sustain across all classes. DH, Warrior, Chrono, Druid, Scrapper, Rev, Thief all need blocks, resistance, dodges, and Healing shaved.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

in PvP

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

Thanks for your replies, guys. I forgot to mention that i don’t have HoT yet. I’m gonna buy it next week. And looks like that without HoT there is no profession who can perform well in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: rbbthole.9074

rbbthole.9074

Thanks for your replies, guys. I forgot to mention that i don’t have HoT yet. I’m gonna buy it next week. And looks like that without HoT there is no profession who can perform well in PvP?

Condi Warrior and Mender’s Guardian can be effective even w/o HoT, maybe condi necro too..

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

What do you think is the strongest solo prof at this moment for spvp? I don’t have much time to play this game with friends and premade groups, and i’m also not that skillful player:), so i would like to join pvp only as a solo queue, occasionally, and i am wondering what prof would suit that kind of playstyle?
I mean being strong by my own, not rely on others too much. So what i’m looking for is good survivability and damage part if possible. I have been away from this game for more than a year and i have no clue what’s going on
Ty for your time and sorry for english …

At the moment because of the amount of noncompetitive PvE players in Ranked. I’d easily say DH. Not because it’s OP because DH are far from OP. It’s just that the great majority of players in Ranked would rather cry DH is OP rather then improving their build and playstyle.

As a DH you would more then likely have the easiest time as a solo queuer. Heavy carrying capabilities against close to brain dead players that just faceroll their keyboards and spam skills.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

My (extremely biased) vote goes towards mesmer.

That portal/mobility lets your personal efforts affect more than one point at a much more consistent basis.

Teh Ouchies

in PvP

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

HoT pet dmg-

But the core pets are just fine, right? With their absurd cooldowns, cast times and attack range? Coupled with the general stupid pathing of the AI? And the damage taxation the ranger gets on his/her weapons from having a pet in the first place?

People complaining about HoT pets are the same people that would complain about core pets if they finally made them into something more than just something you need to avoid one or two attacks from (i.e wolf leap and howl).

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

condi mesmer , not easy to play as others but really strong and with great utilities , especially in this condi meta .

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Power Necro

help your team by becoming the first dish on the menu

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140