What is the op class this season?

in PvP

Posted by: odstninja.1468

odstninja.1468

I’m guessing scrapper and condi reaper since that’s all i see. What counters them if any?
Talking about a class that people can actually win with easily on solo que. Like in previous seasons how we had dragon hunters and reapers as way to op. And tempest too.

in PvP

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

I’m guessing scrapper and condi reaper since that’s all i see. What counters them if any?
Talking about a class that people can actually win with easily on solo que. Like in previous seasons how we had dragon hunters and reapers as way to op. And tempest too.

i would like to know this too.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Condi reapers now and DH past season are/were definitely the most OP classes

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

If a team has two scrappers, they can inevitably tie up two points with their ridiculous sustain. Give them a +1 and they can pretty much run around indefinitely as they contend for a point.

I assume you still need to know what buttons to press when playing a Scrapper (though I imagine it’s still much like the engies of the past where some manner of spam is still appropriate to work XD )

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

If your serious you need to take some serious time to learn guardian weaknesses.

Guardian & DH is extremely easy to counter if you just pay attention & always has been.

are good starts, Arken is an ESL level player and lays out the weaknesses.
After that read the guide for guardians, the amount of problems with the classes design are stupifying,

(edited by Ragnar the Rock.3174)

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

If your serious you need to take some serious time to learn guardian weaknesses.

Guardian & DH is extremely easy to counter if you just pay attention & always has been.

After that read the guide for guardians, the amount of problems with the classes design are stupifying,

Kappa

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Rigante.2470

Rigante.2470

In terms of one class sticking out as the most glaringly powerful I actually think we are in an ok spot right now. 3 or 4 classes are still not particularly useful though. I would recommend playing scrapper, revenant, tempest, or reaper. Chrono or Cond Berzerker not too far off. Avoid the rest (thief, ranger, guardian).

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Kappa

Can you explain to me what this “kappa” inside joke is? I feel like I missed where it came from at some point, and now I just don’t have any idea of what it means.

All is Vain.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

DH is most OP class in GW2 cause they have a place for themselves only, it’s called “a good spot”. They should nerf spirit weapons too cause too many ppl are abusing those.

in PvP

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

]

Can you explain to me what this “kappa” inside joke is? I feel like I missed where it came from at some point, and now I just don’t have any idea of what it means.

All is Vain.

It’s a poor adaptation of a face/icon used on twitch stream chats to indicate sarcasm. Just search “twitch kappa” and you’ll learn all you need to learn.

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

A bunker ele is better for keeping a spot capped in my observations then an engi, which has to use S on occasion and so looses the cap easier.

I don’t think engi’s are one of the top representations in the pro levels because of the nerfs. I’d hardly call them OP, they aren’t even in the required 5 anymore and seemingly a possible alternate making them mid tier at best.

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I see the most increase in warriors, though I’m not convinced they are entirely OP. A very well played mesmer is my least favourite opponent.

This is going to sound crazy but the top tier of classes seems to have flattened out a bit more this season in my opinion. Good top choices depend on play style now and could be ele, rev, mez, war, (druid, theif maybe engi in next tier). I think DH lags a tiny bit, but its more because their class mechanics cater to the turret style of play.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

]

All is Vain.

It’s a poor adaptation of a face/icon used on twitch stream chats to indicate sarcasm. Just search “twitch kappa” and you’ll learn all you need to learn.

Oh, I didn’t think it went beyond just Gw2. Thanks a bunch for this.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

Reaper is probably the easiest one to pick up and play. If you know how to autoattack, dodge and press F1 you’ll beat half the classes in the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

In terms of one class sticking out as the most glaringly powerful I actually think we are in an ok spot right now. 3 or 4 classes are still not particularly useful though. I would recommend playing scrapper, revenant, tempest, or reaper. Chrono or Cond Berzerker not too far off. Avoid the rest (thief, ranger, guardian).

Why avoid Ranger? It’s one of the best carry classes because it has good healing and decent attack via the Mender’s Amulet and has a low-mid skill cap relying mostly on situational awareness and tactics. Longbow and CA form also has good interrupt potential while staff can cleanse movement impairing conditions to teammates you aim it at and staff 3 is a good blast finisher with healing. Staff 3 means you can do an AoE stealth if a thief uses pistol 5 to cleanse targetting temporarily.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

Kappa

All is Vain.

it means whatever was b4 it is sarcasm.

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

To be honest, I don’t know. I would say Condi Warrior, but that’s kind of a low blow and not really accurate depending on the comp matchup.

I guess I would still say revenant, considering they still are very very versatile, but all at once. They have the damage, sustain, and support in one build. I think nerfing their mobility was a step in the right direction considering these things.

But to answer the OP’s question I guess I would say rev. (Note that that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s broken, just the strongest of the meta classes)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I like how everyone is seemingly just picking out two classes that stood out the most in their last match, but there really seems to be no OP classes standing out this season of ranked. I dare say that even Dragonhunter will probably be mostly perceived as fine, occasionally OP for non veterans who don’t compete.. balance SeemsGood overall, besides DH weakness in competitive.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Zuko.7132

Zuko.7132

Ya i agree with chaith, everything is competitive apart from dh, but dh is still plenty competitive for regular ranked ques

The Elementalist Dual Dagger Legend – Rest in Peace

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

It really depends on each team’s group composition.

Some class can stand out as OP if it so happens that the enemy team lacks the counter to deal with it.

in PvP

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Depends on what you mean by OP I guess.

If we are talking the easiest thing to wreck noobs with then I would say DH. They just run into your traps over and over and die. It is easy to play, simple to pick up and highly effective in low tiers.

If we are talking about max skill play with proper rotations then I would say scrapper and thief are the most powerful classes right now.

A good thief is impossible to kill, can decap every point on the map in mere seconds and burst people down in under 1 second. But it is tricky to play, making them fairly uncommon.

Scrappers have absurd amount of individual sustain, access to tons of stability and invulns, and do decent damage. Having 2 scrappers on a team means 2 points will be tied up indefinitely.

If we look at a team perspective then aurashare ele could be considered OP as well. If one team has one and the other doesn’t then it is pretty much game over due to the incredible team support they give in team fights.

in PvP

Posted by: infinitenoah.8296

infinitenoah.8296

Dagger/Focus Tempest is the best class this season. So you could call it OP.

in PvP

Posted by: odstninja.1468

odstninja.1468

Depends on what you mean by OP I guess.

If we are talking the easiest thing to wreck noobs with then I would say DH. They just run into your traps over and over and die. It is easy to play, simple to pick up and highly effective in low tiers.

If we are talking about max skill play with proper rotations then I would say scrapper and thief are the most powerful classes right now.

A good thief is impossible to kill, can decap every point on the map in mere seconds and burst people down in under 1 second. But it is tricky to play, making them fairly uncommon.

Scrappers have absurd amount of individual sustain, access to tons of stability and invulns, and do decent damage. Having 2 scrappers on a team means 2 points will be tied up indefinitely.

If we look at a team perspective then aurashare ele could be considered OP as well. If one team has one and the other doesn’t then it is pretty much game over due to the incredible team support they give in team fights.

I’ve seen several matches like what you describe. What would you say would be your ideal team comp especially when pugging. Like you get in and see your teammates and say yes! Usually I’m good with 2 Necros, a scrapper, a rev, then either a druid, tempest, warrior or thief.

Specifically looking for what I can do to carry pugs hard. Have had some luck with condi necro and power shiro. Am a great thief too but the whole +1 thing usually requires a decent team in the first place.