What is the strongest/weakest sPvP class?

in PvP

Posted by: magicmanh.1597

magicmanh.1597

I am very new to sPvP, so apologies for any newbie questions about the class. So far I am just a hot join thief that can kill already low targets (stealth/blind/“OP” build) but I seem to have a lot of difficulty capping points and just dueling[spvp] in general. Would you agree that a dagger dagger ele (im not sure what armor but he/she can dish out 5k firegrabs) is the weakest spvp class and that I should not roll that class? (magic [spells] are always cool, so elementalist seemed fun, hence the name.)

in PvP

Posted by: pdemo.8312

pdemo.8312

Engi and warrior are the strongest and thief an ele are the weakest. This is because of the current bunker meta. Thieves and eles are meant to do fast damage and get quick kills. Well this doesnt happen with bunkers. Engis and warriors can survive so they fit the meta well.

in PvP

Posted by: ghaleon.2861

ghaleon.2861

Engi and warrior are the strongest and thief an ele are the weakest. This is because of the current bunker meta. Thieves and eles are meant to do fast damage and get quick kills. Well this doesnt happen with bunkers. Engis and warriors can survive so they fit the meta well.

Thief weakest classs muahhahaha, you heard it here first guys.

Mes and ele are the weakest…….

Onesixty IQ Genius[Mesmer]
Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Warriors won’t be as strong as they used to be after 15th. 1 vs 1, warriors are well below PU mesmers, blind spam thieves and engineers. How mesmers (one of the most OP class) escape the nerf hammer everytime is beyond me…..Stealth spam, clone spam and what not. A glass mesmer is almost invincible in a 1vs1 scenario. Just ridiculous!!

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

(edited by NiloyBardhan.9170)

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

warrior and thief for me the strongest and ele the weakest

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

you must be high if you think thief are weak? or you been playing with newbie thief

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: D best.3547

D best.3547

Weakest Guardian and ele. A bunker guard is at the mercy of his teammates and the ele just really shines in team fights which happen more in tPvP than sPvP. The best are probably warior and engineer, decap or Condi are both annoying and strong specs in 1v1 or 1v2 hambow is able to deal with literally anything fairly well and even 2v1 easily.

Also whoever thinks thief is bad against a bunker doesn’t do it right. You poison the guardian over and over and then DPS and repeat once all his condition clear is gone he’ll be dead due to reduced healing.

Sea of Sorrows
Champion Paragon

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

strongest to weakest imho:
warrior
engi
thief
necro
mesmer
guardian
ranger
ele

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

IMO strongest to weakest across team and solo q is:
Thief – Brokenly OP
Warrior – Brokenly OP
Engi – Brokenly OP (in solo q mainly)
Guardian – Brokenly OP (you have to have it, boring)
Mesmer – Very OP
Necro – Very OP
Ranger – Very OP
Ele – OP (although no good people left in this game to truly play ele and make it work)

Brokenly OP = actively ruins the game
Very OP = Too strong based on spam/op mechanics
OP = too strong and based on spam/overpowered mechanics, but sometimes counterable

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

Engineer brokenly op ? Common Henry, where is the troll smiley. Even Mesmers are more viable than engineers in “competitive” team play.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Engineer brokenly op ? Common Henry, where is the troll smiley. Even Mesmers are more viable than engineers in “competitive” team play.

Engi is there because of solo q. Decap engi is the best profession except for thief in terms of the impact 1 player can have on a solo q game. It warps the game to the point where the decap engi will win a high % of his matches purely due to his class/build. Team q I agree with you.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

The core of every team is bunker Guardian, hambow Warrior, and spirit Ranger! I’d say those are the strongest! Then for the last 2 slots most teams will run a condition class like Necromancer or Engineer and a power class like Thief or Mesmer! Those classes are all great! Hope that helped!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Ele – OP (although no good people left in this game to truly play ele and make it work)

Is that what you tell yourself to help you sleep at night? The biggest problem with the elementalist is the fact that the other 7 classes can do everything the elementalist ATTEMPT’S to do, but 10 times better.

Also if everything is OP or very OP wouldn’t that make the classes that are only OP, weak by comparison? OPness is very binary especially in spvp since there is only 1 game mode, so you are either OP or you are not OP.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Whoever says thief is the weakest is high, thief is doing great in PvP.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Stupid to make those lists. Maybe a guardian in 1 vs 1 is not too strong (though certain berserker guards I have seen can do severe damage and seem pretty strong) but in a 2 vs 2 or more a guardian is probably the most valuable ally to have. Same probably for necro.
If you are looking for a solo player go thief, warrior or ranger.

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

Looked at from a hotjoin point of view thieves, mesmers and warriors. The first 2 have lots of stealth/escape mechanics that allow for zerg escape, the latter has tons and tons of sustain.
For soloq- thieves, warriors and decap engineers are strongest
Dueling- mesmers are strong, havent done a whole lot of dueling lately, but there are several builds that do ok 1v1 bm regen rangers, thieves, cond warriors
Havent done much team q either, but from what i understand guardians and spirit rangers are strong when there is good communication and organization

(edited by dylan.5409)

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Organized tPvP:

1. Guardian
2. Thief
3. Warrior
4. Ranger
5. Engineer
6. Necromancer
7. Mesmer
8. Elementalist

After the patch I expect to see necro move back to the bottom of the charts, warrior as average, Elementalist in the top 4, and Engineers become even better because of less condi necros.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

My list:

1) Warrior (Takes little skill, very powerful)
2) Engineer (Decap build is near impossible to beat without constant stability)
3) Necro (Very good at massive condi piling in the ring where you need to be standing, also can bunker relatively well with MM build).
4) Thief (Very agile and can power someone down easily)
5) Mesmer ( Very good 1v1, especially when running condi PU, but weak at actually capping points and slow to boot).
6) Guardian (Good bunkers, but rely on other being around to sustain, also in dps form they are as glassy as eles).
7) Ranger (Has good tanky builds and condi builds but nothing to really get overly excited about)
8) Elementalist (Pretty subpar in sPvP. Find in duels with scept/dag, good team damage if using staff, but only if people don’t power them down right off the bat).

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80