What is this obsession with deathmatch?

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

Smite’s arena game mode is a perfect example of a good deathmatch that would be fitting here. Also upcoming mmo wildstar’s approach would work.

Something that universally needs hit for ANY game mode (including current) is toned down AE spam.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

People just want variety. At this point any new game mode will do. How can anyone still stand conquest after a whole year?

Yes, we want variety, and deathmatch would be cool for hotjoins or if it was heavily tweaked to encourage fighting, but not in the sense of “two bunches of people fighting each other” and nothing else. That’s a clusterkitten that enables so, so many gimmick strats.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

assault and defend mode would be nice

in PvP

Posted by: torgalspu.9074

torgalspu.9074

The community seem’s to be pretty split on the topic of DM, for starter’s for all those against the meta atm for conquest is an absolute joke and is not enjoyable at all! how does grouping at a point and spamming all your aoe onto a small circle take skill ? its horrible and horrible balance right now that needs a fix or at least a new angle to approach from DM may not be the answer for this game but a different choice of mode would be a breath of fresh air… all the bragging this game would bring to the e-sports well did anyone watch the finals car crash vs someone or other it was a joke that the spectators even mocked !
as for the perma stealth thief mesmer well umm yeah maybe they should nerf that kitten to the ground anyway regardless of DM i’d actually like to be able to attack my target one in a while specially trying to find them through all this AI ughh conquest in terms of e-sports its a fail this game needs a new angle to bring more players to the game and stop the bored players leaving i.e 90% of the upset community maybe a little ott but you get the idea .