What is wrong with druid?

in PvP

Posted by: Nina.4317

Nina.4317

Why they heal and dispell so much like crazy, and do dmg at the same time?

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Pet deals damage. Use DPS to kill pet. Game over for Druid.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

this is terrible advice.

druids get owned by CC and condi pressure. spam immobs, spam condis, daze, stun, etc. druids are much worse off in the current condi meta than they were in the power meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Yes, spam as much condition as you can, so they can cleanse everything as they take celestial form.
Pretty much nothing can beat druids. Maybe only Daredevils, but that is big maybe.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

kick necro out the meta all hail the boon spam classes

in PvP

mistsim.2748

Yes, spam as much condition as you can, so they can cleanse everything as they take celestial form.
Pretty much nothing can beat druids. Maybe only Daredevils, but that is big maybe.

spam condis and CC before, during and after they go into celestial form. if you cant kill a druid using this strategy youre bad. druids are a lot stronger against power builds.

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

this is terrible advice.

druids get owned by CC and condi pressure. spam immobs, spam condis, daze, stun, etc. druids are much worse off in the current condi meta than they were in the power meta.

No it’s not. This is coming from a Druid main and Ranger main for 4 year now.

If you are currently a running a heavy DPS spec, you target the pets. If the Druid wants to keep the pet alive, it has to burn it’s heals on the pet “pet’s don’t dodge roll”. It’s easy to slam a pet in about 4 seconds with some of these new DPS specs. Then the Druid seriously cannot do anything but bail. It forces them to burn cele force/heals on the pet and make themselves susceptible to burst or just let the pets die and then they have no DPS.

It’s win/win for the high DPS assaulter.

(edited by Trevor Boyer.6524)

in PvP

mistsim.2748

you can have 10k hours on ranger and still be a bad. the problem with druid has never been the dps from its pets lol. it’s the sustained damage, and sustain itself.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’m not going to come in claiming the sky is falling, but a full cleric Druid DOES do more damage than it should. I get the whole “its the pet, it’s my class thing”, but at some point, full bunkers should not be able to literally burst people down. We’ve been over this in the past. (I think a big part of this has to do with two specific pets, still and high uptimes on quickness combined.) Regardless, luckily people can focus them, I guess, it’s not the end of the world, but their damage for being clerics with the healing they have seems off to me with the right build.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

Exactly, Ron.

If they don’t have that pet DPS pressure, the high DPS assaulter can 100% rotate offensive cycle and any Druid dies quite quickly to that. Not enough players simply kill the pets first.

Of course I’m talking 1v1 side node style fights here, not 4v4s.

Also, mistsim:
The problem has largely always been the high DPS on the pets. Without that pet DPS, a mender’s/cleric Druid can’t do anything. It can’t even hold side nodes because it won’t have enough offensive pressure to keep things like Revenants or Berserkers off of them.

(edited by Trevor Boyer.6524)

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Necros are gucci against drui… oh wait

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

mistsim.2748

Also, mistsim:
The problem has largely always been the high DPS on the pets. Without that pet DPS, a mender’s/cleric Druid can’t do anything. It can’t even hold side nodes because it won’t have enough offensive pressure to keep things like Revenants or Berserkers off of them.

but when do you DIE as a druid? i die when i get cc and condi pressured by 2-3 people. i dont DIE when my pet dies. in other words im saying dont worry so much about the damage, but focus on killing the druid.

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Why they heal and dispell so much like crazy, and do dmg at the same time?

someone is mad that there is a spec which is able to win 1v1s against his dumb mesmer spam-build hahahaha

Grimkram [sS]

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

are you seriously Arguing over Combat advise really now you are better than that.

now some Serious combat tips vs Druids

1. Pets are a damage source if the druid is a healer/sustain they use mostly Leaping pets and smokescale Combined with Beastmastery (to increase its stats , the pet is a seperate Entity when it comes to druid, the druid may control the pets actions , movement/call/recall/f2’s/pet swapping to trigger the pets abilities aka smokescale.

2. druids Daze and CC if they are carrying a lb/gs Easly both weapons have triggers for Ancient seeds avoid point blank shot and other forms of hard CC , at most a druid will have 4 options , 1-2x from pet , 1x from lb , 1x from gs and maybe the additional Ancient seeds for a immobo root.

3. most Druids have hard speced into condi clear through Celeform and or plus Empathic bond on wilderness(which means he has only 1 damage option that is a condi based spec take note if he has a torch or dagger even a Shortbow in new cases) end result is again killing the pet and applying HARD condi spam before to trigger celeform and after he leaves celestial form(or in this case after he casts Seeds of life (it looks like a Spore pod , you can Push him back out of it before it pops which causes the condi removal)

4. a major tip for dealing druids of the unorthodox methords just not most things are tied to the pet for the damage source unless they are the Typical Boon/ lb+gs druid or staff+LB druid , other weapons have tells and less Hard CC than the weapons i just mentioned. which again points to the pets ether being the source of quickness(which power druids use to Boost Dps damage on both pet and ranger a dead pet means no dps boost and leaves them open to the condi applications , most of the time druids run MM/BM/DRUID (druid covering the condi clears) .

for builds like SB , Axe/axe ect these builds have projectiles for Dazing/pulling ect and simply allowing a reflect into your build counters nearly all the incomming triggers for ancient seeds , all you will have to watch out for is the f2 or leap on wolf which can also trigger ancient seeds for the rooting and the wolf does the most damage , since if you don’t have a form of projecile defence like for example (warroirs shield with traited reflects) you’ll be dodging 2 CC’s and trigging stability but not being able to dodge the pet Knockdown , in the sb, axe/axe set up i mentioned the combo would be

concussion shot(daze)>swap weapons>Path of scars>swap pets lead KD > triggers Ancient seeds(rooting you untill or the second pet CC if the druid didn’t swap pets upon opening attacks) having a projecile defence stops this entire chain leaving you open to apply condis or kill the pet (if they are not maining power stats) soon enough they will loose all condi clear potentional at this point just watch out for Spore pods CC them out it if you can’t lay on more and more condis till the durid burns all his Glyphs.

last major tip is the main Benifactor of Asteral energy Gain and one of the highest contributors , Resounding timbre and Troll ungent.

Resounding timbre = takes up utility slots or at least 1 heal and 1 utility slot these shouts have 600yard Radius for regen application to allies which 5x’s the asteral energy charging means faster recharging more often to activate Celestal form (every 15seconds) , directly pushing Druids away from groups counters this effect which will equal to less energy = less condi clears and less health sustain making it harder for a druid to recover from bursts/high CC attacks as the only skill able to survive this is druidic clarity (stunbreaks and clears the 13condis) this is one main point to prevent grouping up , segerigate the druid from its allies.

troll ungent = this ticks 10 times triggering the menders trait which powers more Outgoing healing as works great on Shout builds and seeds of life spore pods burst more out going healing , the one downside to this powering the Mender trait the druid must use Wilderness knowledge for a lower cooldown to maintain mender stacks this is somthing which adds onto the resounding timbre (but! big but it is highly unlikely the druid will be using WK/BM/Druid) in this case spam Condi application after activating Troll ungent and forcing Glyphs or killing the pet is the answer to stopping/killing a druid.

its all about reading the signs before its too late for a recovery , in 1vs1’s its do or die there is no easy way out if you have no backup or even in wvw it should be easy to push druids from the backline if people flanked zergers more often or used Multipul CC’s to divide the zerg into groups rather than bombing the center where all the condi clearing is on the commander , best tactical way to clear up in wvw in large groups is simply a long fight and pick off the smaller groups to ether the left or right of the commander or in conquest mode do what i said (look resounding timbre counter).

as always a Pure damage spec will not ever Kill a support spec without the appropriate defences or the space to move around and without that +1 support healing you 1vs2 a druid or a player speced for bunker , you are giving the druid or bunker class what he wants to delay you untill the fight is over or untill his team mates turn up and Gank the living lights out you.

segregation (stop asteral energy gains)
force glyphs(force them out of them if you can) + apply condis
Kill the pet (even just once) it buys 60seconds to damage , reduces druids dps for 60seconds maybe even removes his main source of condi clearing (empthic bond) if he doesn’t have empathic bond he will have to burn Utility or Celeform to recover so just apply condis untill he drops.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in PvP

mistsim.2748

^or just directly counter them by speccing into heavy CC and condi pressure.

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Just 2on1 the druid once he popped SoS and SotP and he is an easy kill. Dies to any kind of burst/cc if he is out of invul/stab. Thieves and Revs are obviously best for this job because they can +1 fast as roaming classes and also have super high burst. If you +1 with a slow class that takes time to move across map and also takes more time to win the 2on1 then the druid generates too much value with the 1on2 he created.

Stop looking at how to counter classes purely from a dueling point of view. That is not how it works. A good meta build druid wont die in a duel, maybe some classes/builds can force a decap but that’s it. You need the +1.

Edit: Well mesmer can do it.

(edited by Dojo.1867)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

^or just directly counter them by speccing into heavy CC and condi pressure.

Necro and Mesmer’s bursts are laughable condi pressure classes now. Especially in a team fight.

Warriors can be effective but he needs to build up adrenaline and prey his Berserk burst skills don’t get cleansed.

Core Burn Guardian is effective against Reapers, Gyro Engis and Rangers thanks to their pets (see permeating wrath). We can have a higher burst pressure than Warriors but if our burns gets cleansed we’re vulnerable thereafter and can’t facetank like Warriors. It can be niche build unless we run with a stealthed Engi or sustain Ele to keep us up.

On paper condi bursting + CCing a Ranger is an “easy” counter but… where’s the team comp to pull this off effectively every match??

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

The team comp that pulls this off efficiently is any comp with a decent mesmer and revenant which is pretty much any competitive team comp anyway. Experienced players will win the 2on1 consistently and fast enough to make it worth it.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The team comp that pulls this off efficiently is any comp with a decent mesmer and revenant which is pretty much any competitive team comp anyway. Experienced players will win the 2on1 consistently and fast enough to make it worth it.

Any class will lose to a +1 encounter. I fear the meta will be Druid + Rev + Thief because the game has less condi pressure. Thanks to Anet nerfs, these classes are stronger.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Any class will lose to a +1 encounter. I fear the meta will be Druid + Rev + Thief because the game has less condi pressure. Thanks to Anet nerfs, these classes are stronger.

Everyone thought S2 would be the burst meta and we were all wrong about that.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Everyone thought S2 would be the burst meta and we were all wrong about that.

No one thought S2 would be burst meta, since day one there were druids/engies sustaining everywhere.

M I L K B O I S