What is your objective, Anet?

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

It seems when BnS came out, you’re delibrately pushing ppl away from this game towards BnS.

- Bad balance yet again: It seems every balance patch you seem to play heads and tail to decide which class should be OP again and which should (remain) garbage. What is your goal when it comes to balance? What kind of fights do you want us to do?

- Bad matchmaking: not to mention Unranked. This is so disgusting and frustrating. Premades vs Solo’rs (still? Are you kidding me?), facing high ranked when I shouldnt (stop putting very good players with bad players; be it opponents or our own team. Thats just wrong)
I understand the numbers of pvp’ers went down drastically (its quite obvious for anyone, unless you’re blind) but I would like to wait a minute or 2 more than being put vs premades (or 2/3 parties) with ppl much better or worse than me in my own team. We can’t simply work together as we’re not on the same level. Same counts for opponents ofcourse.

- Stream Activity: we can all agree GW2 PvP is slowly dying out as more and more favid GW2 streamers are leaving GW2. Docgotgame, TapDatMouse, Helseth (at times), and many others I dont rly care about but its quite obvious when watching the stream-numbers every single day. Isn’t that a sign, Anet? Instead of waiting (still) so long for every balance patch, you might invest more time researching and bring more balance patches untill you hit the nail. Because right now all you’re hitting is your own hand with every balance patch.

I suggest for once bringing back the PvP stream GW2 with Grouch. It won’t bring back all the people but it will bring some comfort carrying over more and more updates, for PvP’ers.

GW2 is still one of the best games I’ve played so far but it seems due its balance its falling behind.

I really wish you could revert back to the HamBow meta. Everything was viable back then and every build was fun. That was the golden age of GW2 PvP.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Double/triple hammer war for team spamming earthshaker off cd with zero penalty..it’s not exactly the definition of balance. The game was briefly fun to play for 2-3 months after launch, ….then the worst happened, the worst mistake any dev team can ever hope to commit, a danger area any experienced dev team stay well clear off, the first rule for any MMO company is to never, ever…..base the balance of a game on the feedback of the community, specifically by reading the forum

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Double/triple hammer war for team spamming earthshaker off cd with zero penalty..it’s not exactly the definition of balance. The game was briefly fun to play for 2-3 months after launch, ….then the worst happened, the worst mistake any dev team can ever hope to commit, a danger area any experienced dev team stay well clear off, the first rule for any MMO company is to never, ever…..base the balance of a game on the feedback of the community, specifically by reading the forum

I’d argue the worst decision was to try to balance a game around a conquest mode that pressured people to fight in a confined circle. 70% of the balance issues spawn from that alone.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

I’d argue the worst decision was to try to balance a game around a conquest mode that pressured people to fight in a confined circle. 70% of the balance issues spawn from that alone.

This^^^ : If a Match was made up of 3 different game types, and you couldn’t change team comp between matches, teams would be forced to build with more diversity.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

I disagree to a degree, I think the idea of conquest is perfectly fine. However, I think the capture zones are way too small and the capture ticking needs more forgiving ticks. Players having way to much defense or mobility will be a problem in all game modes, not just PvP.

_

That being said, the balance/combat design team is just bad. There is nothing more too it, at this point many of us can do better jobs than them.

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

Of course! their objective is selling HoT.
You don’t even need to ask such ridiculous question.

Yesterday i saw Tap dat mouse played GW2 for an hour and then 4 hours on BnS tho.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Yesterday i saw Tap dat mouse played GW2 for an hour and then 4 hours on BnS tho.

If tdm playing 1 hour of gw2 is your barometer of how well gw2 is doing then I feel sorry for you “friend”.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I disagree to a degree, I think the idea of conquest is perfectly fine. However, I think the capture zones are way too small and the capture ticking needs more forgiving ticks. Players having way to much defense or mobility will be a problem in all game modes, not just PvP.

_

That being said, the balance/combat design team is just bad. There is nothing more too it, at this point many of us can do better jobs than them.

It’s not (all) the capture zones or the Conquest game modes.

If the zones were bigger, we’d see what Foefire’s Middle has done, unbalanced the entire game. Because lets face it, the major part of Cele D/D Ele power came from kiting around that middle node, contesting it for days. The Abjured has had close calls on every other map, even losing on other maps, but has ALWAYS excelled on Foefire thanks to that map’s middle point. Bigger nodes like Foefire’s middle has unbalancing every other class who can’t do what Ele has proven worked. So increasing node’s radius would hurt more than help.

I think what we all want is an individual point system that measures player skill rather than measuring the entire team. That type of coding is incredibly in-depth and will likely never happen :(

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Berry Pun Pup.6904

Berry Pun Pup.6904

Their objective is to make the maximum amount of profits for the least amount of expenditure in terms of man-hours and capitol. This is why balance is so slow and poor and why key features are still missing after 3 years. It is unlikely to change in the future, so abandon hope and embrace mediocrity.

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

If tdm playing 1 hour of gw2 is your barometer of how well gw2 is doing then I feel sorry for you “friend”.

this game is pretty good in fact. I love gw2’s combat system.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I’m with you on everything except the stream activity. To me that seems irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. But I admit I don’t really enjoy watching other people play video games.

They just don’t seem to know what they’re doing. Anyone else notice a drastic drop in dev enthusiasm since that Sharp guy left?

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

I’m with you on everything except the stream activity. To me that seems irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. But I admit I don’t really enjoy watching other people play video games.

They just don’t seem to know what they’re doing. Anyone else notice a drastic drop in dev enthusiasm since that Sharp guy left?

They never seemed to know what they are doing with combat, with or without Johnathan Sharp. I believe it was Johnathan that decided to have immobilize stackable up to 5 stacks and Dhuumfire (on release).

Say how bad combat is now, nothing compares to the immobilize buff. It was by far the worst thing to happen to GW2 combat, it not only took away fun from PvP but it make it frustrating as all hell.

Yeah, even with him there has been utter PvP breaking disasters.

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

They never seemed to know what they are doing with combat, with or without Johnathan Sharp. I believe it was Johnathan that decided to have immobilize stackable up to 5 stacks and Dhuumfire (on release).

Say how bad combat is now, nothing compares to the immobilize buff. It was by far the worst thing to happen to GW2 combat, it not only took away fun from PvP but it make it frustrating as all hell.

Yeah, even with him there has been utter PvP breaking disasters.

Yeah that was a bad change. I don’t know why they did that.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

anet balance team is either deeply incompetent, or deeply cynical

take your pick

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Berry Pun Pup.6904

Berry Pun Pup.6904

take your pick

Third, and correct answer is deeply non-extant. Anet doesn’t have a dedicated balance team on staff.

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

take your pick

Third, and correct answer is deeply non-extant. Anet doesn’t have a dedicated balance team on staff.

Wrong, they don’t have a single person that does balance or even proper testing.

Just look at raids, all of the bosses have 2 or 3 percent-based attacks, they cannot even figure out how hard to hit people so they took the easy route.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

What is their objective? Make money, by all means possible :P

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I want to agree with you but there is way to much stuff to say about this.

1- BnS is new and people want to check it out and see if its fun.

2- For many players there is nothing to do for PvP players since there is no season, no new reward tracks, no new game modes, and after X amount of games there is nothing for them to reach for. Another big complaint i have is once again people reaching dragon rank way to easily. Alot of new players coming into the game get to 80 in 3-4 months of casual play. When GW2 first came out i got to 55 before the major patch which boosted everyone 80.

3- Which bring me to another thing. Anet really hasnt brought anything for the PvP community.( you can say the same thing for the WvW) They boosted everyone to 80 years ago and for many of us who have all the PvP titles besides maybe 1, what is there for us to do? You bring PvP seasons in which is great but i got to legendary 2 and once i get to diamond this season there will be no reason for me to keep going.

4- Rewards, this is a huge thing. Many PvP players say who needs them but for alot of us who play all aspect of the game there is no reason to play PvP other then dailies. Another issues Anet hasnt addressed but i assume "if you play PvP, you play PvE’ comment by the GW2 bosses explains alot.

All in all i am trying to point out that there is literally no reason for many players to play PvP right now. It is becoming a struggle for alot of people just to log in because once you explored the PvE areas you either decide i like this area and farm it or dont. You either like the new WvW area or you dont and PvP has stayed the exact same so you either want casually play it right now or dont. If it wasnt for dailies i probably wouldnt even log in right now.