What is your winning rate?

in PvP

Posted by: void.6217

void.6217

Ok, so I tried ranked PvP today.

On average I win one game out of 20. All other 19 games I lose with a devastating score 150 v 500 tops, sometimes less.

I’m level 20 in PvP and I win about 60-70% unranked games, so I’m not the worst PvP player for my level and I do not believe that my underperformance could cause such dramatic shift in score.

If the matchmaking system had matched people of the same level randomly into groups, the results would’ve been more like 50/50, 1 out of 20 is far off from any logic.

What your experience with Ranked PvP system has been?

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

being rank 20, you’re still horribly inexperienced, losing a lot is to be expected at the start of season.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Latency.3907

Latency.3907

On avg, lose 1 game for every 10.

I’m not even using meta build. It is a lot easier this season, sapphire without really trying most games…

in PvP

Posted by: Tyriark.7825

Tyriark.7825

Don’t feel bad.

I was a Diamond last season. Something is not right, as I’ve had the worst loss streaks I’ve had in my history of gw2 spvp. Ranked or otherwise.

Maybe its due to the MMR/Matchmaking change.

Stormbluff Isle
Xaiixmael – 80 Revenant
Tyriark – 80 Reaper, Xytrael – 80 Daredevil, Lythios – 80 Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

I’m currently 16-0 solo queueing.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I’d say I’m about even. I go on win streaks and I go on loss streaks as well.
Problem is, I often can’t tell if its the game making poor matchmaking that determines this, or if its my team skill.

Only ever had one or two games out of plenty that were close enough to know it came down to organization. The rest was either roll or be rolled.

Duty is heavier than death.

(edited by Talonblaze.3175)

in PvP

Tyriark.7825

On avg, lose 1 game for every 10.

I’m not even using meta build. It is a lot easier this season, sapphire without really trying most games…

Going by this logic I should be sapph now too.

Stormbluff Isle
Xaiixmael – 80 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Esonver.8470

Esonver.8470

24 wins 0 L .

in PvP

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

You should probably also mention what league you were in last season, to see who’s getting these win streaks. And if you doing duo, triple, premade, solo q.

in PvP

void.6217

I’d say I’m about even. I go on win streaks and I go on loss streaks as well.
Problem is, I often can’t tell if its the game making poor matchmaking that determines this, or if its my team skill.

Only ever had one or two games out of plenty that were close enough to know it came down to organization. The rest was either roll or be rolled.

Yes, that surprises me too, most of the games end up 150 vs 500, there are almost no challenging games, so it feels like my effort doesn’t mean anything, just for some reason 19 times out 20 the system assigns you to 150 team that has no chance.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

8 wins 1 loss and i was using classes i dont play very often

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

30+ losses in a row late last night/this morning.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Tontonino.9736

Tontonino.9736

136% win rate

das rite

in PvP

Tyriark.7825

Diamond last season – 1/10 win to loss ratio right now between thief, engi and necro.

Stormbluff Isle
Xaiixmael – 80 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Ok, so I tried ranked PvP today.

On average I win one game out of 20. All other 19 games I lose with a devastating score 150 v 500 tops, sometimes less.

I’m level 20 in PvP and I win about 60-70% unranked games, so I’m not the worst PvP player for my level and I do not believe that my underperformance could cause such dramatic shift in score.

If the matchmaking system had matched people of the same level randomly into groups, the results would’ve been more like 50/50, 1 out of 20 is far off from any logic.

What your experience with Ranked PvP system has been?

If your PvP rank is level 20, you have only just stepped into ranked for the first time. The skill curve is much much steeper in ranked in general. You probably have less then 100 games total and unless they are on 1 class then you are still learning the very basics at the moment. Keep at it, it can only get better.

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

6 wins, 5 losses and never more then each twice in a row at this point so I’m pretty happy with it. Last few games have been under 150 point differences so it’s getting better.

in PvP

Posted by: Enoreth.6742

Enoreth.6742

100%

1 game – 1 victory

kitten

Requïem – Thief | Elyka Aldwick – Ele

in PvP

void.6217

I’m only asking about solo Q, I will never believe in 24 wins in a row with random people.

in PvP

Posted by: Engel.6029

Engel.6029

16-0 solo Queue, was mid Diamond last season.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

As MANY other players have said. The new matchmaking is alot more accurate as to your skill level than the previous one. The previous matchmaking ALWAYS balanced you against as near odds as possible making it hard to progress for everyone equally. Meaning that it was also equally EASY to progress.

Alot of people ended up in diamond/legendary despite being what in the current system would be the ruby tiers.

The new matchmaking takings a few days to sort out. But the end result is where you end up will be a more accurate representation of your actual skill level not just how many games you played. The previous leagues matchmaking favored perseverance more than anything else.

Unranked follows this set up still. Trying to match you with opponents near your level to promote even games and steady growth.

Ranked favors your placement more. Meaning that where you are decides who your opponents are. So even if you have the skill of a legendary. You will PROBABLY be fighting amber opponents…saphire opponents..emerald ones. Etkittenil you get to legendary tier.

Atm Most players are still in the first two tiers. And alot of high skill players may only play half as much as others meaning they likely havn’t even reached ruby yet despite having an extremely high win rate. So theyl continue fighting low division players until they also progress. The entire process will start being sorted out in a few days.

It doesn’t really hurt anyone either. This is EXACTLY what many players have asked for. What I find ironic is that quite a few of those players are wondering why there suddenly losing alot. Meaning its likely they got to there previous ranking through games played as opposed to skill. And there only just realizing that.

I wish that this matchmaking method had been used for the first league. As it seems ALOT of players have false impressions of how they are in the PvP hierarchy. Starting out with this would have given people a more accurate impression of there skill level.

Id reccomend playing casually for a few days. Let it sort itself out. Once it has youl find your average game is probably alot better for you. Once people are where they actually belong. Theyl start to get the close games they want.

Be patient and don’t overestimate yourself too much. This is probably going to be the first time in this games history that people actually get a fix on where they really are. And I think its gonna hit alot of people hard. Hell I might even find out as I play that I am no where NEAR as good as I think I am. Despite hitting legendary last season through soloqueing. And If I do thatl be good for me. Cause itl give me an idea on what players I need to target and hunt down in order to improve.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

So when I am solo queuing, I had a 15W – 1L record.
But when I queue with a friend who is not very good(hard to say no to friend), I only had a 4W – 3L.

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

6 wins, 5 losses and never more then each twice in a row at this point so I’m pretty happy with it. Last few games have been under 150 point differences so it’s getting better.

Now 8 wins, 6 losses.

in PvP

Posted by: Pakkazull.6894

Pakkazull.6894

I don’t remember exactly, but I’ve lost about 3 games in 20 total. Solo queue and duo queue.

Edit: Also what Shadelang said is totally true. People need to stop kittening complaining without even bothering to look up how the new system works. It’s working as intended so far, it’s been like two days.

(edited by Pakkazull.6894)

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

100% winrate except one game which i lost because of dc

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

0%… but then again… I haven’t played a single game yet, so I’m not 100% surprised.
I’ll give 120% on the rage train though to make up for it.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

i have 8500 pvp matches and i have a win rate of 80-90%, playing fresh air ele. matchmaking seems to work so far.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

100% winrate except one game which i lost because of dc

Same, except 1 due to me DCint while defending Stronghold (enemies got a free walk) was still close, and another I kept getting 6-8 second lag spikes. Other than that though it’s been fairly easy wins.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: VuAnh.8105

VuAnh.8105

Alot of people ended up in diamond/legendary despite being what in the current system would be the ruby tiers.

How would you know what the ruby tiers are even like right now? I can count only a handful of peeps that are rubies.

Actually, for the most part progressing this season should be a lot easier than it was last season.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I didn’t count all games but i would say around 90% – i started to lose games around sapphire, although i think it has something more to do with daytime than division (late at night or early morning not many people queue, so matchmaking is too volatile).

Got legend last season.

As far as experience goes: did couple thousand of games, won some tourneys.

How would you know what the ruby tiers are even like right now? I can count only a handful of peeps that are rubies.

Actually, for the most part progressing this season should be a lot easier than it was last season.

He means at the end of the season.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

It is much harder than last season. Without premades you loose all the time.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

It is much harder than last season. Without premades you loose all the time.

not true
i play only solo (not even meta build) and won most games so far (sitting in sapphire)

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Araewan Belania.3067

Araewan Belania.3067

did not count, but played about i think 60 games and had about 53 losses and 7 wins. first evening went ok, but until yesterday morning just losses. no more pip. i was also mid diamant last season and ppl i know who are more worst than me, are mid saphir today, because of a winning series. it is all about the mmr. if you are get in a bad one, you can not really get out there anymore alone. you need really really good players who pull you out there. i am always on every match person with highest points. i know, does not say much, BUT… how will you win, when you have 130 and worst player of your team 10? you can not fight 5 enemys alone. you have no chance until you are in that worst mmr because of some matches in a row (i played with wvw friends and we just lost) bu we are friends, so i did not care that moment.
for me the new system does not show the better players by having a winning series. they are just very very lucky to directly started well and get now a good matchmaking. started maybe with a team that evening or whatever. this system is the worst matchmaking ever seen.
even if the mmr comes from last season…. yes, until ruby it was more harder solo-q. so i do understand where it comes from.

one game today to explain… i am scrapper, 4 of my players mid fighting against 4 enemys. all the time dead and downstead. instead of taking care of the other points. i ran mid, where calling targets (what 90% of ppl not doing. why???) burst my damage as good as i can and stomp all of them. got the feeling i was everywhere same time. ok, all enemys dead, 2 of my players still on the point. i left to decap other point. before i arrives there, i saw on minimap one enemy brought 2 of that ppl downstead. so tell me…. what can i do with a team like that? what????

(edited by Araewan Belania.3067)

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

As MANY other players have said. The new matchmaking is alot more accurate as to your skill level than the previous one. The previous matchmaking ALWAYS balanced you against as near odds as possible making it hard to progress for everyone equally. Meaning that it was also equally EASY to progress.

The new matchmaking takings a few days to sort out. But the end result is where you end up will be a more accurate representation of your actual skill level not just how many games you played. The previous leagues matchmaking favored perseverance more than anything else.

Unranked follows this set up still. Trying to match you with opponents near your level to promote even games and steady growth.

Ranked favors your placement more. Meaning that where you are decides who your opponents are. So even if you have the skill of a legendary. You will PROBABLY be fighting amber opponents…saphire opponents..emerald ones. Etkittenil you get to legendary tier.

Atm Most players are still in the first two tiers. And alot of high skill players may only play half as much as others meaning they likely havn’t even reached ruby yet despite having an extremely high win rate. So theyl continue fighting low division players until they also progress. The entire process will start being sorted out in a few days.

It doesn’t really hurt anyone either. This is EXACTLY what many players have asked for. What I find ironic is that quite a few of those players are wondering why there suddenly losing alot. Meaning its likely they got to there previous ranking through games played as opposed to skill. And there only just realizing that.

I wish that this matchmaking method had been used for the first league. As it seems ALOT of players have false impressions of how they are in the PvP hierarchy. Starting out with this would have given people a more accurate impression of there skill level.

Id reccomend playing casually for a few days. Let it sort itself out. Once it has youl find your average game is probably alot better for you. Once people are where they actually belong. Theyl start to get the close games they want.

Be patient and don’t overestimate yourself too much. This is probably going to be the first time in this games history that people actually get a fix on where they really are. And I think its gonna hit alot of people hard. Hell I might even find out as I play that I am no where NEAR as good as I think I am. Despite hitting legendary last season through soloqueing. And If I do thatl be good for me. Cause itl give me an idea on what players I need to target and hunt down in order to improve.

This is a lovely theory and SHOULD be what is happening.

However I know when I see my entire team standing on close at the beginning of a game that they are not at my skill level.

When I am capping an empty node and 1 or 2 other players stop by to hang out for some glitzy points I know they are not at my skill level.

When they flop in match-ups they should win I know they are not at my skill level.

When they are obviously not looking at the map and running around randomly I know they are not at my skill level.

When they charge on their shining steeds in single file one by one to feed mid all game I know they are not at my skill level.

When the game starts and they are all telling me in team chat where they are going to go… and it’s obviously going to be a cluster phuk from the offset, I know they are not at my skill level.

etc. etc. etc….

The new matchmaking is NOT a better indication of skill level. Fundamentally because it is based off calculating an individual players personal MMR from the result of a whole team’s performance.

A lot of good players are not being represented accurately for some reason by the current system.

I should not EVER be in any of the situations I describe above but they are the majority of my games.

I am winning matchups 1vX on my Thief that I have absolutely no right winning during my victory games because of the huge skill gulf. And in the games I lose it is an absolute blood bath.

Also seeing as the pre-season MMR has been calculated from Season 1, by your very own logic, there are people with inflated MMR enjoying all the benefits that brings… i.e. being matched with other high MMR players. Those people who only played last season casually are absolutely carrying a HUGE disadvantage into this season by being teamed with worse team mates.

(edited by Dirtyrascal.1023)

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

did not count, but played about i think 60 games and had about 53 losses and 7 wins. first evening went ok, but until yesterday morning just losses. no more pip. i was also mid diamant last season and ppl i know who are more worst than me, are mid saphir today, because of a winning series. it is all about the mmr. if you are get in a bad one, you can not really get out there anymore alone. you need really really good players who pull you out there. i am always on every match person with highest points. i know, does not say much, BUT… how will you win, when you have 130 and worst player of your team 10? you can not fight 5 enemys alone. you have no chance until you are in that worst mmr because of some matches in a row (i played with wvw friends and we just lost) bu we are friends, so i did not care that moment.
for me the new system does not show the better players by having a winning series. they are just very very lucky to directly started well and get now a good matchmaking. started maybe with a team that evening or whatever. this system is the worst matchmaking ever seen.
even if the mmr comes from last season…. yes, until ruby it was more harder solo-q. so i do understand where it comes from.

one game today to explain… i am scrapper, 4 of my players mid fighting against 4 enemys. all the time dead and downstead. instead of taking care of the other points. i ran mid, where calling targets (what 90% of ppl not doing. why???) burst my damage as good as i can and stomp all of them. got the feeling i was everywhere same time. ok, all enemys dead, 2 of my players still on the point. i left to decap other point. before i arrives there, i saw on minimap one enemy brought 2 of that ppl downstead. so tell me…. what can i do with a team like that? what????

Don’t judge yourself and others based on personal score. You said it is meaningless but you still regard 10pts means bad performance.

I remember there is an ESL game in which Zan from 55 rnk dragon got only 5 or 10 points but the team still won.

in PvP

Posted by: Araewan Belania.3067

Araewan Belania.3067

lol, ok, do set that with esl is a joke. they talked about tactics and stuff, but one player capping a point and dying rest of the time, THAT is bad.

in PvP

Dirtyrascal.1023

My last 10 games.
In Emerald.
Always solo queue.
Still seeing people playing like they are absolute beginners.
Only 1 out of 10 was actually balanced enough to be fun. All the others were either way too easy or a complete waste of time.

So what is there…?
Hotjoin – hmm
Unranked – that’s been horrendous for the last month.
Ranked? – this is not fun.

Right now I don’t get any feeling of accomplishment from winning games because the wins are always faceroll easy.
I don’t get any feeling of responsibility for a loss because I can see it coming from the 1st couple of mins of gameplay.
There’s been absolutely no sense of competition because every game is a predictable foregone conclusion.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

My current experience in emerald tier 3

Attachments:

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

http://imgur.com/A2T9cr0

Probably my best time in PVP so far and I’m not even playing condi reaper, I’m playing minion master.

Edit: Emerald T4 btw

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Jak Shadow.2864

Jak Shadow.2864

The system is marvellous – a true test of skill for all those you claim it is now the ultimate test.

5000 games on my primary account. In top 20% minimum in all seasons so far but cannot buy a win on my main account.

Attachments:

in PvP

Jak Shadow.2864

On my alt account however I am golden. Just shows it is all about the player doesn’t it……

For all you winners out there

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

I’m up to 22-0 now solo queueing. Playing with and against ESL players now.

Attachments:

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Jak Shadow.2864

But then you are playing Scrapper. That might help your win stats a little…….

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

On my alt account however I am golden. Just shows it is all about the player doesn’t it……

For all you winners out there

Proof thief OP, more like it.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: sidhemoon.5029

sidhemoon.5029

Played up to ruby last season with two weeks left.

I started this season immediately, which was probably not the best idea. Every loss lowered my MMR so now I am with teams that have no hope. Think I am 2-40 at this point and thisclose to just giving up. All my recent matches have been HUGE blowouts with the win being 250 to 400+ points.

All solo queue btw

in PvP

Dirtyrascal.1023

I’m up to 22-0 now solo queueing. Playing with and against ESL players now.

…and look at the score difference… that surely cannot have felt rewarding.

in PvP

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

13-4 in this season so far, as a solo player.

Anet make Rev great again.

in PvP

Posted by: cosmicegg.8502

cosmicegg.8502

Ok before this pip kitten started and leader boards were all we had I was at a 57% solo q win percentage which was just above average, with a ranking just over 100 on the leader boards, most people were lower then that win percentage range. Even the top 20 had a win percentage around 62 percent at the most But now I find myself in 10 game losing streaks constantly yet I’m still close to the top scorer. How is this accurate as to my play? how am I supposed to climb out of that? I’m confused. The only thing that’s changed was this match making system.
I see all these people talking about how its because all the good players are in my division. BS I’ve played with good players and won my share but the players I’ve been matched with in this system have no game play skill and I challenge any of the legendry’s that say that kitten to group with them and win.

Lea Moonbow
Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Dear void,

The new system made EVERYONE start the race from same spot. In unranked you get matched with fellow beginners of your mmr.
In ranked youre atm getting matched against everyone since division placement counts for matchmaking.

My best honest advice, is that you wait a week.
All great, good and average players should have left the starting divisions by then. You will then be left to fight your fellow begginers. Best of luck

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

begone forum bug