in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Simple question

What keeps you playing (PvP)?

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

fun? what else for shinnies and prestige! just kidding im actually really bored of this game pve or pvp doesnt matter.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

Nothing, and that’s sad really. I’ve been with Guild Wars since Nightfall and I’ve reached a point where I can no longer support what Anet’s become. This dev team is incompetent beyond words and it pains me to say that.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Well usually i play for fun.. Lately just to reach ruby and didn´t bother to grind through it.
Matchmaking and build diversity is bad. Its more or less one viable build per class and this gets booring. I played to get ascended backpacks and reach ruby each season. I tried more once but after falling back close to diamond with a loss streak I gave up. playing more then 100 games a season is simply to much for me.

in PvP

Posted by: Konakona.4130

Konakona.4130

Trying to get better.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I make useless builds useful.

Throw some random idea together like tonights S/W sage burn might stacking Ele, drop 20 bleeds and 12+ burns, watch people melt then laugh it off when people start raging about skilless builds.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Throw some random idea together like tonights S/W sage burn might stacking Ele, drop 20 bleeds and 12+ burns, watch people melt then laugh it off when people start raging about skilless builds.

That sounds like fun!

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Match making & diversity.

I love comming up with my own builds and play at my own level of skills. But at the moment the only good builds I can come up with is build very close to the meta. A few selective skills and combinations that is way more effective then the rest of the many other skills and combinations.

Every patch I always hope for a nerf to the elite specs… I miss the good old days when I used bomb kit when nobody else did and I did really well anyway. Now it is more like, play meta or prepare to always loose.

Also the mmr seems weird. I used to be at 50/50 or even more like 60/50 but now I have about 30/70.

I sadly play very rarely now. Not only becouse of the above but I have less time for games now.

Edit: lol I miss read the post, read it as “what keeps you from playing” :P

What makes me play PvP, whatever I said above. The game in it self is so darn good and there is no other MMO PvP that I enjoy as much as this.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

(edited by EdgarMTanaka.7291)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Forgot to mention. I love doing surprise builds :-).
@sephiroth.4217 Thats not a random build, i play this regular (with focus) and it is fun!
This kind of thing is why diversity matters so much …

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Build diversity. Yes, you can have the same weapons as others, but having different traits, amulets, etc can seriously change a character. I saw a mesmer earlier who literally rekt everyone in a 1v1 room (a gm was there too) It was insane!! He said he made the build himself too

in PvP

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Fun matches. Every game last season ended winning or losing by 200 points so I stopped playing spvp.

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

An outlet for anger managment and desire to improve my game

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The rewards, really. I can’t get certain armor sets or the Ascension any other way, so I PvP.

It’s fun sometimes, but matchmaking is bad enough that either I demolish the enemy team or am demolished, and it just isn’t enjoyable. Very rarely do I get what I would consider a good game, and oftentimes any game with close numbers is still very frustrating for me because my team lacks the ability to properly rotate, lacks the ability to team fight, or both, so it’s a constant struggle.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I think it’s fun.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

enjoy competition and all that goes with it, whether good or ill its fun to compete; “the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat”

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

in PvP

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Competition (I’ve always enjoyed PvP in MMO’s, dating back to early MMO days in EQ/AC1)

Fun comes naturally when there’s good competition. Obviously it’s not fun when games are blowout games, or when balance is bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Good teammates…Which don’t exist anymore in SoloQ.

in PvP

Posted by: VydoLL.8714

VydoLL.8714

Simple question

nothing, only some time to loose…

in PvP

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

This, exactly this. I can’t play meta builds because I am bored playing them and seeing them. Every time I play a condi mesmer I am in danger of falling asleep because they don’t apply enough (or any) burst pressure to feel satisfying and you don’t die quickly so your never really threatened unless there’s 3-4 of them on you and that’s not fun either. You just have to escape or get flattened. It’s boring, like really, really boring. But if I play something like a power wells mesmer then I have a lot more fun. It’s worse, but at least it’s fun.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Rose tinted glasses.

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

I finished coli achievements, thus I’m done playing for the foreseeable future.

in PvP

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

Still fun and one of the most skill based games I’ve played so far, even though the power creep has dumbed it down quite a bit. But good players will still prevail over bad ones, and there is always room for improvement.

Titles, achievements, rewards and whatever are a nice bonus, nothing that really matters, but it’s more fun to have goals when you play pvp anyway.

Caissech / Falásya

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

literally is the PvP potions and 2 gold.

I have 28k AP and 8.5k games played. I have 95% of the skins available from PvP. Im 1/3 way done with leystone armor and 1/2 done with bladed armor and then 1/2 with plated weapons. All from PvP tracks and im not to interested in the easter egg hunts to finish them.

So PvP potions ……………

in PvP

Posted by: eliroth.3869

eliroth.3869

I enjoy GW2’s gameplay. It’s active yet it still requires mastery of your profession skills and knowledge of your opponents’ skills. The classes are quite unique and play much differently from previous MMO’s I’ve played (Mesmer, elementalist in particular.), structured pvp doesn’t rely on grinding equipment and you can change builds on the fly.

Sure profession balance can be questionable. I can never count how many times I’ve died from DH traps, how useless I feel against resistance/endure pain warriors, but then again, these are the two classes I still don’t have yet.

PVP is also the fastest way to finish dailies and a guaranteed way to get exotic weapons to throw into the mystic forge.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

literally is the PvP potions and 2 gold.

I have 28k AP and 8.5k games played. I have 95% of the skins available from PvP. Im 1/3 way done with leystone armor and 1/2 done with bladed armor and then 1/2 with plated weapons. All from PvP tracks and im not to interested in the easter egg hunts to finish them.

So PvP potions ……………

^ This guy.
PvP failed to be skilled orientated a long time ago. As long as you understand rotations and how to play a numbers game, you’ll win. It has got to the point that tournament players have satire streams of them queing solo and showcasing how they’ve orchestrated the win from the first 10 seconds of the match when they could see where the opponents were headed towards first. It is not even beyond them to log out half way through and swap alts and rejoin and be 150 points down and still turn it round to a winning match.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Originally mostly for the achievements (finished my thief title with the new map, last one I needed so cbf now) and sorta the reward track since I hate doing any HoT metas I’d rather do the track and get stuff that way.

5.2k games played here and quite frankly matchmaking has never been worse.

In the old days when we had solo/team q, even as a solo player I’d get way better matches in both team and solo q than what I get now. The sheer amount of bad players in both ranked and unranked just puts me off from playing for ‘fun’.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

The terrible players.
And myself.

(edited by LUST.7241)

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

-It’s challenging on thief, and I got to a level where I can manage things without being wreaked.

-It’s the only game mode, I can play around builds without caring about money.

-I only played GW as CORPG/MMO so I’m used to it and still liking it.

-I spent most of my time playing pvp in GW1, AvA was the most fun I had. This is the game mode that is the closest to that.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

- Testing builds
- The challenge of beating the meta builds without using the meta builds

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: lokh.2695

lokh.2695

I enjoy the game mode more than WvW and play some PvP everyday when my guild has nothing going on in PvE.

It’s fun and “something different” for me to do, when I’m not running fractals, dungeons or other PvE stuff.

I’m in it for the AP as well. The seasons never bothered me appart from the AP and the legendary backpiece because I don’t see myself as a competitive player.

+ : Keyrings, Underwater-Combat, Build Templates
- : Mounts, ViP-Player systems, HoT-like Xpacs
Have a nice day.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I got gw2 for pvp. I used to pvp in this game non stop, even when pvp wasn’t worth anything (sup glory days). Then devs changed and thief gradually was turned into worthless team pet that shouldn’t be able to do anything but decap empty points and +1 according to devs (because clearly other classes can’t do it lel).

It is just not fun anymore, i have to be 10 times better than my enemy just to have somehow even chance.

The game also became so spammy with HoT – resource management, positioning, timing – all gone.

I would pvp regardless the system (leagues, LB, w/e) but class balance definitely killed it for me. Now I just grind legend in first weeks of season and then play OW till next season starts. Balancing patches for past 2+ years made it pretty clear that thief players are not wanted here – fine, whatever, i gave my money to Blizz.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Watching thieves come to close thinking they got an easy kill, only to fall into my traps and end up dead seconds later. It’s hilarious:3.

But other then that it did get pretty darn toxic to a point I decided it’s time for a break. sPvP maps being butt ugly doesn’t help either (hi colloseum, capricorn, foefire).

(edited by ZeftheWicked.3076)

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I came to PvP because I got sick of being overwhelmingly outnumbered in WvW. The personal story and living world episodes are the heart of the game for me, but not terribly challenging.

Most of the time PvP is where I come to try to get better. Some of the time, I log in because I’m in an awful mood and the environment, ( with it’s extreme match imbalances and flaming,) suits the mood.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Deadly Moonshiner.1354

Deadly Moonshiner.1354

1. Having fun, RL stress relief
2. Setting goals and working towards them (both PVE and PVP), continuous improvement
3. Laughing my kitten off reading forums and all the qq / nerf this / buff that posts

in PvP

Posted by: Crig.6245

Crig.6245

Hope that after one of these games i will have a heart attack.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Combat, cant find it anywhere else on an MMO. Only reason im playing the game actually. Combat this nice is bound to get copied by another studio that is better at class balancing and isnt obsessed with hand holding PvE content. Till that happens its HoTM 4 me

in PvP

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

15 minutes game is genius. u cant find any moba with this

in PvP

Posted by: cyberzombie.7348

cyberzombie.7348

I want to achieve a 20k crit (17k is the current reccord).

What good is a medic w/o a patient?

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I want to achieve a 20k crit (17k is the current reccord).

care to share what class? I’ve been using War to get my highest crit lol

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: cyberzombie.7348

cyberzombie.7348

care to share what class? I’ve been using War to get my highest crit lol

Theif/Darevevil

What good is a medic w/o a patient?

in PvP

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

Masochism ^_^

:(

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Masochism ^_^

:(

Solo Q on a winstreak, i see ;)

in PvP

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

I have about 6.5k games. HOT just destroyed all the fun pvp builds, i play just for the daily 2 golds and pvp potions