What kills scrapper 1v1?

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

Seriously how do you kill these things 1v1 on point?

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

A reaper does. Problem is that you never would rotate your reaper into a 1v1 against a scrapper

Grimkram [sS]

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: serj.8214

serj.8214

Rev\War\Reaper\Druid

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Druid

lol
That’s a stalemate at best.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Mesmer can too.

The thing with Scrapper, is the 1v1 is really long and they can always peel fast or juked the point.

But they will rarely kill you, unless you let them stun burst you after being 50% hp or lower.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

half of the classes can kill a scrapper

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

All classes can if they play against bad scrapper. But in fact, good scrapper is king of 1v1s and I can think only about reapers who got solid chance to beat scrapper. It’s obvious that scrapper needs some small nerfs specially in survivability, but that was already said many times in many topics.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

All classes can if they play against bad scrapper. But in fact, good scrapper is king of 1v1s and I can think only about reapers who got solid chance to beat scrapper. It’s obvious that scrapper needs some small nerfs specially in survivability, but that was already said many times in many topics.

It’s wrong and then not obvious.

Any condition build burst will kill a scrapper after the 3 or so burst. (if the scrapper don’t peel or juke properly)

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Something viral, like the common cold. But it’s random and avoidable if they get to the Hospital on time, which they can do thanks to all that superspeed.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

The problem isn’t killing the scrapper. The problem is killing the scrapper before you get +1ed.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Reaper with CB on the bar along with PoC will do the trick nicely.
No scrapper would dodge while blocking so they have no choice but to eat most of the corruptions.
The problem is when the friendly thief/mesmer/rev +1 the poor sod

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Anything condi.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Sparky.8724

Sparky.8724

Well played corruptionmancer or a condi mesmer who has half a brain cell and can kite properly

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Well played corruptionmancer or a condi mesmer who has half a brain cell and can kite properly

Both are bad choice to rotate into a 1v1 against scrapper.

Necromancer is very easy to get +1’d and kill quickly.

Mesmer is not good at standing on point against scrapper(a lot of on-point pressure) and fight takes very long. You can see that in WTS final, PZ actively trying to rotate an engi to fight TCG mesmer while TCG mesmer tries to use superior mobility to outrotate engi.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

As someone stated you need at least 3 condi burst to hurt engi who brings one condi cleanse/toolbelt and elixir gun. Other times your 2-3 stacks of whatever will get outhealed by superspeed etc or not enough to kill them before they bring out another heal drone or rocket charge + acid bomb waterheal.

• With all the blocks and cleaving that hammer does it is difficult for mesmer to maintain enough illusions to build up condi bombs. This can be solved if fighting off point but then you’ll lose plenty of team scores.
  • Sure reaper can pull off plenty of condi bombs like this, but their frequency is limited so any missed attempt will give engi a large room for recovery.

I think the most reliable one that can pull this condi burst frequency is condi warrior.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

Seriously how do you kill these things 1v1 on point?

Mace warrior, reaper, daredevil, hammer rev might have a chance, sword/shield herald can if played perfectly, chronomancer if room to move.

Any class can kill a scrapper if there’s a large enough skill gap. Reapers, daredevils, and mace warriors should be able to consistently beat scrappers that are somewhat better players. Honestly a mediocre reaper should consistently kill a good/very good scrapper. (honestly it seems a mediocre reaper can consistently kill a good/very good anything-other-than-bunker-ele, but I’m biased).

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Mace warrior, reaper, daredevil, hammer rev might have a chance, sword/shield herald can if played perfectly, chronomancer if room to move.

I find DD pretty bad vs skilled scrappers (at least power build, haven’t tried condi dd). Those aoe fields can really mess up your day.

Condi warr, reaper (if not +1ed on) and kiting chrono are the classes I’ve had success fighting scrappers with. Chrono tends to lose the point and the fight can take too long, so it’s not exactly ideal. Someone earlier said condi warr is the best option and I’m inclined to agree.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Condi, but not before he calls for help. Or stalemates. It’s usually a waste of time.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Pretty much. The problem isn’t that you lose the 1v1, it’s that you need to rotate something onto the point that should be helping a teammate elsewhere, which means that chances are you’ll lose a fight elsewhere and then get +1’d. Or the thief will come +1 because they know they can get there and the fight will be going with you damaged.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Boot.7368

Boot.7368

Anything condi. Warrior especially. Decent mesmer and a half decent necro do it well too.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

P/P condi engi can kill scrappers … it is a fun fight … not easy but not impossible. the best remains reaper and condi warrior. Condi warrior is the best for me now

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

serj.8214

P/P condi engi can kill scrappers … it is a fun fight … not easy but not impossible. the best remains reaper and condi warrior. Condi warrior is the best for me now

I wanna see how u kill scrapper with all his projectile reflects)

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Old age.

Old age kills scrapper.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I’m failing to see how a reflected Bladetrail means the Warrior loses.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Meta War does easily tbh

[WM]give us in game ladder

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

serj.8214

I’m failing to see how a reflected Bladetrail means the Warrior loses.

Where did you find something about war in my words?

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Velimere.7685

Where did you find something about war in your words in mine?

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

serj.8214

Where did you find something about war in your words in mine?

U qouted me and said about War

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Velimere.7685

U qouted me and said about War

I quoted u who quoted someone else who said about War

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

It’s obvious… scrapper kill scrapper 1v1

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Scrapper needs to lose something

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBap.2840

BeepBoopBap.2840

War necro rev ez

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

PierPiero.9142

I am not saying it is simple , but you can win 1 vs 1 against a scrapper ( it is not simple and i am not saying that you will win always). I am saying that you can try to do and win. If instead you go with a p/p engi against a necro is much harder and if you go 1 vs 1 with a p/p engi against a warrior condi you can only lose ( only if he is the worst warrior of the planet he will lose ) .
The problem of p/p engi as of many other not elite specs is that against a Hot spec you can not stand on the point, you have to range him so you lose the point in any case and the fight is really hard .
Rifle instead for me it is really not viable , in any ways

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Like others have said heavy condi specs mainly viper like builds that have decent power damage and high condi damage . The thing is if a scrapper knows they’re going to be fighting a condi spec they can switch utility to handle them perfectly or turn it into a fight where they have the upperhand with things such as elixir C or purge gyro, healing turret, elixir kit the actual elixirs removing condis if traited then the throw elixirs and they can trait for adaptive armor I believe it’s called which outright reduces all incoming condi damage by 20%. Scrappers truly have something for everything honestly the biggest thing when it comes to facing them is knowing what they’re actually running.

The class as a whole isn’t really something you can straight up bully off a point only 2 classes that I have exprienced and seen bully a scrapper off a point are warriors and reapers, even then the scrapper can go toe to toe with them in melee range while having better escapes and near the same level of sustain

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Necros and invo revs

M I L K B O I S

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

The best choice would be to either rotate a druid, or another scrapper.

Necros and condi wars should win a duel against the scrapper, but you usually don’t want to rotate them into a long 1v1 on a side node. That’s what scrapper and druids are made for.

Mesmers can also win, but it takes too long, and you would concede the cap most likely.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

PierPiero.9142

Like others have said heavy condi specs mainly viper like builds that have decent power damage and high condi damage . The thing is if a scrapper knows they’re going to be fighting a condi spec they can switch utility to handle them perfectly or turn it into a fight where they have the upperhand with things such as elixir C or purge gyro, healing turret, elixir kit the actual elixirs removing condis if traited then the throw elixirs and they can trait for adaptive armor I believe it’s called which outright reduces all incoming condi damage by 20%. Scrappers truly have something for everything honestly the biggest thing when it comes to facing them is knowing what they’re actually running.

The class as a whole isn’t really something you can straight up bully off a point only 2 classes that I have exprienced and seen bully a scrapper off a point are warriors and reapers, even then the scrapper can go toe to toe with them in melee range while having better escapes and near the same level of sustain

Scrapper is really strong but even with elixir C ( i use it with medic gyro) with a condi spammer class you can win it . I am not saying that it is easy … i am saying that it is not invincible. In my opinion it is much harder to take down a scrapper with a zerk class . One of the most important thing against scrapper is good access to poison. it weakens his major strengh : the heal .
Problem is that winning against a scrapper is not fast in 1 vs1 and if the point is of the scrapper you can not decap till his dead and on the other side, if the point is yours, with many classes it is quite easy that scrapper decap it even if he dies at the end . In my opinion in spvp it is a bad idea to go 1vs 1 if you are not sure that the fight ends in small time, otherwise it is much better to go to +1 elsewhere . It is a matter of strategy , not only of class

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

The problem isn’t killing the scrapper. The problem is killing the scrapper before you get +1ed.

Tell that to my thief.

I feel like an ant biting on a gods toes.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBap.2840

BeepBoopBap.2840

Tell that to my thief.

I feel like an ant biting on a gods toes.

Scrapper counters thief tho.

Scrappers feel the same way about necros and revenants.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Scrapper need heavy nerfs in projectile defense. (And other classes too) overall scrapper is boring and really bad elite spec. Core engi is more viable and fun…

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

serj.8214

I am not saying it is simple , but you can win 1 vs 1 against a scrapper ( it is not simple and i am not saying that you will win always). I am saying that you can try to do and win. If instead you go with a p/p engi against a necro is much harder and if you go 1 vs 1 with a p/p engi against a warrior condi you can only lose ( only if he is the worst warrior of the planet he will lose ) .
The problem of p/p engi as of many other not elite specs is that against a Hot spec you can not stand on the point, you have to range him so you lose the point in any case and the fight is really hard .
Rifle instead for me it is really not viable , in any ways

P\P engi even before elite spec was squishy bcs you dont have any blocks\saves\escapes so i see why you lose. Rifle engi is decent atm i have HoT but i like to burst down ppl with Engi rifle from stealth.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

PierPiero.9142

It is not true. P/P engi usually is played with FT , toolkit , elixir S. With tools you have a full block every 13.5 secs… it is all except squishy with rabid amulet. The real different from scrapper is that scrapper has much more regen and projectil defense. Rifle is less effective now than pistols . There is too much stability and too much project reflection for using rifle.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

serj.8214

It is not true. P/P engi usually is played with FT , toolkit , elixir S. With tools you have a full block every 13.5 secs… it is all except squishy with rabid amulet. The real different from scrapper is that scrapper has much more regen and projectil defense. Rifle is less effective now than pistols . There is too much stability and too much project reflection for using rifle.

Ive played as power war\rev against Engi and P\P melts as ice cream in desert) i had more troubles with rifle Engi. Even scrappers aint so anoying.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Berserker reaper with lich form and Nothing Can Save You! shout kills scrapper 1v1.

JK. You’ll never get to the point without being killed by a thief.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Druid

lol
That’s a stalemate at best.

Pretty much this. Maybe mesmer though.

Regular condi like condi war shouldn’t beat scrapper if they run the Elixir C variant. If they’re running B or something else, it’s probably in the warrior’s favor.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Heavy condi — think mace warrior kind of condi.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yes, that’s what I was talking about. If elixir C, the scrapper can win. If not, the war should have the upper hand.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Yes, that’s what I was talking about. If elixir C, the scrapper can win. If not, the war should have the upper hand.

Even with purge gyro or elixir c, the warrior can SPAM that condi.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I beat them often as Viper War, power Rev, and power DH. Not sure what the issue is.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

What kills scrapper 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I beat them often as Viper War, power Rev, and power DH. Not sure what the issue is.

Not to be mean, but if you beat scrappers with DH and viper war theres a clear skill difference between them and you.

M I L K B O I S