What's the deal with Druids being nuts?

in PvP

Posted by: DeferentUrchin.7064

DeferentUrchin.7064

They are so stupidly powerful in 1v1 situations it’s insane. I legitimately don’t think (on my DH) I am capable of effectively engaging them because they play just like us except with far more mobility, sustained dps and healing/invuns. To specify, I’m still using the Meditrapper build we’ve had for awhile now, but I concede it may-well be that Druids just inherently counter our class/this build.

I just find it aggravating to see a druid pop up over the horizon to come harass you at home point (or wherever) and you roll your eyes and sigh because the best outcome you can hope for is to buy time until help arrives. That is in no way an entertaining scenario to play out.

What gives?

(edited by DeferentUrchin.7064)

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

druids can’t kill anyone unless they’re running longbow in which case they’re easy to +

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

They are so stupidly powerful in 1v1 situations it’s insane. I legitimately don’t think (on my DH) I am capable of effectively engaging them because they play just like us except with far more mobility, sustained dps and healing/invuns. To specify, I’m still using the Meditrapper build we’ve had for awhile now, but I concede it may-well be that Druids just inherently counter our class/this build.

I just find it aggravating to see a druid pop up over the horizon to come harass you at home point (or wherever) and you roll your eyes and sigh because the best outcome you can hope for is to buy time until help arrives. That is in no way an entertaining scenario to play out.

What gives?

It is well known that Druids hard counter DHs.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Hi, simply your being countered.

You still have advantage against thiefs. chrono and gs war so stop with suicides kill them instead.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: DerJoker.9081

DerJoker.9081

Hey. Like the pre-posters said before, druid longbow counters dh at the moment, especially medi trapper. Symbolic dh soes a bit better in my opinion, though it can have a hard time as well against a skilled druid.

But (there’s always one) longbow druids are incredible bad against scrappers, becuse of the amount of reflection and blocks they have and against wars for the same reason. In group fights with eles it’s also a bit hard because of magnetic aura share, that reflects projectiles, but it is not as bad as a scrapper or warrior/berzerker.

It’s ok that classes have counters, longbow druid gets countered by power scrapper and power warrior, i’d say, although in happy to learn more here

Mender staff/sword+warhorn with pet dmg though should not be a problem for any class in 1v1, i’d say, cause they don’t really do dmg, they have a supporter role.
Main dmg comes from their pets, especially bristlebacks is avoidable.

Hit me up in game (anyone of he/she likes) to play/duel with or against a druid.

(edited by DerJoker.9081)

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Its not the nuts, its the seeds.

in PvP

Posted by: Gath.5708

Gath.5708

For me as a Druid, yes DH’s are an easy kill over time. However, It’s not the Longbow that works for me. The simple Staff with air and blood sigils and the damage of my pet that takes them down. As mentioned they can only hope support comes because the outcome against a good Druid equals death. I have been running Staff/Shortbow with generosity and purity sigils this season with great results. Never have liked longbow and will never use it in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Seeds need a nerf, but otherwise, druid is fine now.

My nerf list:

Thief: Cooldown on pulmonary impact (8 seconds)
Ranger: Seed nerf to only trigger immobilize and not act like a friggin elite skill. (So it can be cleansed without amazing timing)

With both of these small changes, pvp this season would look really good imo. I’m still having fun though.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

A druid with Lb can burst you down in 2 seconds with LB2 and F2, immobilizing you with LB4 and making you unable to dodge the hit. Out of that it’s the class with the second best survavibility of this meta (the first one for me is the thief, that in the hands of a good player can be really unkillable, both if win or lose the fight).
High mobility, strong burst, huge CC, a lot of condi clean, stealth, there’s few things that a druid can’t do.

The only thing atm I want to see nerfed on the Druid is the totally insane Immobilize. Seriously: 5 seconds+bleed every 10 seconds? You can spend half of the fight immobile!
That’s the best trait of the game, grant you defence (you can flee easy) and offence (the enemy can’t dodge or move) and have the lowest cooldown ever known for a so strong condition.

Increase the cooldown to 25 seconds or increase the cooldown to 15 and reduce the immobilize to 3 seconds will fix the problem.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

I love watching Rangers kill themselves when rapid fire gets reflected. Especially when they are pew-pewing off point.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

OP, at least you know how other classes feel that get countered by DH. #canttouchthis

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Seeds need a nerf, but otherwise, druid is fine now.

My nerf list:

Thief: Cooldown on pulmonary impact (8 seconds)
Ranger: Seed nerf to only trigger immobilize and not act like a friggin elite skill. (So it can be cleansed without amazing timing)

With both of these small changes, pvp this season would look really good imo. I’m still having fun though.

There is actually a version of roots that doesn’t cause bleed,
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Natural_Convergence

its called blackhole. They could probably shift it over to ancient seeds and rename the trait to Event Horizon or Celestial Void or something.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

this is incredible.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

DerJoker.9081

It makes it a bit difficult to balance, because a lot of classes don’t have problems getting of the roots, because they have teleports (thief and mesmer almost always have one, some eles run it), thiefes have their “,remove movement impairing conditions on dodge”, warriors have warriors sprint, that removes immob on movement skills.
Some classes are completely lost, some don’t even care.

Nevertheless, it is far from impossible to get hit by the seeds, because you have a fairly long time to stunbreak out of it.
I run just one stumbreak in my entire build an its possible to avoid it.
After longbow 4, either lb2 or lb1 follow, both have a travel time in which it is possible to stunbreak. Even if the first art or hit you after, you won’t get entangled with the seeds.
I get entangled maybe 1 out of 3 times rangers hit me with a stun.

Even if you get hit, do something about it! I see a lot of ppl not even using any skill, except trying to dodge.
One completed AA chain of almost any classes will destroy the roots/seeds.
Nekro, use shroud 2, it blocks projectiles and the whole dmg will hit the roots. Scrapper, use basically any hammer skill except AA chain of hammer 5.
Eles have auras and invulns, some even run teleports
Rangers run staff a lot of times, they can use staff 5, even if they get entangled, to not get dmg.

I can understand that some classes struggle with it, but there is counterplay to it (imo). And it is too easy for some classes to get out of.
I would not change how the trait works, I would rather change/reduce the health of the seeds/roots, so counterplay would be easier. Maybe 75% of the health it has now.
If a player gets entangled and doesn’t take any action it would hit him/her hard (propably).
But if he/she starts to attack the roots, he shoulf be able to get out. Not immediately but faster than it is possible now.

This would add counterplay on a high level and indirectly would nerf the options Ancient Seeds /Entangle give to the ranger.

Thoughts?

(edited by DerJoker.9081)

in PvP

Posted by: SaltAndLight.4652

SaltAndLight.4652

It makes it a bit difficult to balance, because a lot of classes don’t have problems getting of the roots, because they have teleports (thief and mesmer almost always have one, some eles run it),

Thoughts?

Mesmers are still immobilized after they Blink, Phase Retreat, or Swap. They are just relocated.

Cleaving the roots is the only way to really get free.

(edited by SaltAndLight.4652)

in PvP

DerJoker.9081

Yeah, you are right, but because the roots reapply 1 second of immob every second, it won’t apply again after you ported out.
So you have 1 sec min immob + how long you stay in there, you know?

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

best

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE