What's the point of ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

I’m a bit confused on this current ranked system, you can only solo queue and duo queue, 2 duo queues can get put on the same team while the opposing team is all solo queues. You can’t form teams to queue and play competitive with organized team comps. Is this current ranked system really accomplishing anything? It’s just luck of the draw, or whoever can carry the hardest. It’s hardly “competitive”. In my opinion there should be a Ranked for team queue ( 2-5 man) and Solo queue only. Having a team queue gives solo queue players the opportunity to play the luck of the draw game, and Team queue allows people to meet others and form teams \ merge groups.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Isn’t ability to carry part of skill?

Population isn’t big enough to support separate queues.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

Merge NA and EU and it will be, there’s already players playing from both regions anyways, if that’s really what’s holding them back.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’m starting to wonder what the point is. Just finished one of several pre determined matches tonight.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I’m starting to wonder what the point is. Just finished one of several pre determined matches tonight.

Oh? So you checked the ratings of everyone in the match and can show it was horribly unbalanced? I would love to see that actually. So far, I’ve been noticing much more balanced matches lately,as if Evan has already made some changes to how teams are stacked. I can’t confirm this alone though, so if you have proof that the system is purposefully making you lose, I would love to see it.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Merge NA and EU and it will be, there’s already players playing from both regions anyways, if that’s really what’s holding them back.

As soon as you invent light speed internet arena net would gladly merge both Na/EU.

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

Occam’s razor.

Isn’t far more likely you aren’t really as good as you think you are. Unless you think Evan designed the system to specifically screw you over, which is a possibility. Just like there is a possibility that rain falls because Zeus is cry from losing in ranked as well.

Their skill level is irrelevant in a game where the matchmaker is supposed to match people of equal skill. If they are losing it means they are being outmatched, therefore the result was predetermined.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Here’s my last two matches. Both losses, needless to say.

First a 400 point loss and then faced a heavily class stacked team that was two duos vs all solos.

ANET, I am really genuinely trying to have a “competitive” attitude.. but this feels very much like season 2.

Attachments:

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

This thread sounds like:

People on winning streak: “The system is fine. All my matches are balanced.”
People on losing streak: “The matchmaking is flawed. All my matches are one-sided.”

There’s a lot more than just player rank that determines the outcome of a match though. There’s team comp, build and play style, if any duos are in coms, if someone is using an alt to purposefully lose matches for another account or friend, afkers/dc’ers, bad rotations, etc. That’s why the system can’t be perfect. Even if everyone had the exact same rank on both teams, these other factors would still exist.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Occam’s razor.

Isn’t far more likely you aren’t really as good as you think you are. Unless you think Evan designed the system to specifically screw you over, which is a possibility. Just like there is a possibility that rain falls because Zeus is cry from losing in ranked as well.

Their skill level is irrelevant in a game where the matchmaker is supposed to match people of equal skill. If they are losing it means they are being outmatched, therefore the result was predetermined.

it also means one team was given a chance to improve their MMR. How else will someone improve if they dont play anyone that is higher rated than them?

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Occam’s razor.

That’s a pretty kittenumption. Against an evenly matched team, you have a 50/50 chance to win. If I flip a quarter a bunch of times and happen to get tails a few times in a row, does that automatically mean the quarter is cheating and forcing me to get tails? No, that’s just how 50/50 works.

Now with said we also have to consider other things here. She tells us she lost a couple of matches, but how many did she win before that? What is her current winrate? Did she recently move up in rank and is now at a rank above the level she is able to compete at, thus causing her to lose matches and fall back to her actual rank? We don’t know, we don’t know any of this.

So if anyone just comes to the forums talking about how the system is broke because they lost a few matches and provide no other substantial evidence to back up their statement of the system being broken, then you’ll have to excuse the skepticism of the people responding. Just my two cents.
Also, if you feel the system is cheating you, you can prove it simply by adding everyone to friend’s list at the start of the match with a nickname, then screen shot the friend’s leaderboard. This way, you’ll know exactly what everyone’s rating was and can show proof that the system set you up to lose. Baseless statements of “I lost a few matches so the system stem is rigged” don’t hold any value without actual evidence.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

Occam’s razor.

That’s a pretty kittenumption. Against an evenly matched team, you have a 50/50 chance to win. If I flip a quarter a bunch of times and happen to get tails a few times in a row, does that automatically mean the quarter is cheating and forcing me to get tails? No, that’s just how 50/50 works.

Now with said we also have to consider other things here. She tells us she lost a couple of matches, but how many did she win before that? What is her current winrate? Did she recently move up in rank and is now at a rank above the level she is able to compete at, thus causing her to lose matches and fall back to her actual rank? We don’t know, we don’t know any of this.

So if anyone just comes to the forums talking about how the system is broke because they lost a few matches and provide no other substantial evidence to back up their statement of the system being broken, then you’ll have to excuse the skepticism of the people responding. Just my two cents.
Also, if you feel the system is cheating you, you can prove it simply by adding everyone to friend’s list at the start of the match with a nickname, then screen shot the friend’s leaderboard. This way, you’ll know exactly what everyone’s rating was and can show proof that the system set you up to lose. Baseless statements of “I lost a few matches so the system stem is rigged” don’t hold any value without actual evidence.

Except nobody complains about losing 2 matches, they complain about losing 7, and most of them by over 300 points.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Occam’s razor.

Except nobody complains about losing 2 matches, they complain about losing 7, and most of them by over 300 points.

Except people complain about losing 7 despite just having won 7 or neglect to mention they weren’t just 7 straight losses or any number of other factors. Also, in the pic she posted, one of the matches she was complaining about was lost by less than 200 points. I am simply pointing out that you can’t expect people here to take others seriously when they make comments about how broken the system is with no actual evidence of the system being broken, especially when they only provide the details that support their claim and leave out everything else.

Gate of Madness