Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

esports

What's up with sPvP now days?!

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

We must be playing different game then.
I see more thief and engineer than I see rangers.
I can occasionally see ppl pull out their guardian, warrior, necro, ele and so on.
Idk what game you’re playing.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

i only play after dinner due to work, maybe they all come out of there little caves at night to hunt us down?!

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Like i Said, this is the current state of the game:

Attachments:

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in PvP

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Yup, and try being a warrior on the opposite team when the teams are like that. Just brutal torture.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in PvP

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i was testing a new build on my Guard last night. pretty good so far. then played a bit more later and then one team was thfthfthfmesmesmes. this was on Forest. i saw the enemies take keep, so i ran up, and saw them headed off to mine (i was coming from chief/henge side) and then right as i get to the stairs, i get downed in like half a second. then i see 3 thieves and a mesmer that just bursted on me. they were all stealthed, waiting for someoen to come up to keep. :///

silly. me.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i play a naked warrior with running boots.

i’m having fun blowing up people with the cannon.

in PvP

Posted by: JSemar.5821

JSemar.5821

They need to make some reason to play sPvP. Experience or gear I mean something we can take outside. Otherwise it’s just pointless to do and you are just going to see the same people doing the same thing over and over.

in PvP

JSemar.5821

With no reward no one is going to really try. With no one really trying no one is going to adapt to overcome. With no one to adapt the playing field will eventually settle and you will get just what you have.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

They need to make some reason to play sPvP. Experience or gear…

or good gameplay?
I’d prefer good gameplay.

Everything else is just kitten and kitten.

in PvP

AlBundy.7851

good gameplay?

you have no idea how hard I laughed at this.

in PvP

JSemar.5821

Honestly gw2 has mastered game play. They perfected it. It’s beautiful. They are just lacking content or incentive shall I say. After a while of playing with nothing to show for it except a useless rank that gets you nothing it just feels like a grind… sPvP that is. PVE wise they are doing good. They could still use more but so far it’s OK. This being opinion of course.

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

I can pretty much count on having at least 1 mesmer and 1 thief per team per game, usually more. It woudn’t bother me except for the fact that these 2 classes have both the most frustrating mechanics to fight against and arguably the highest burst. Hence hotjoins = killing pets or losing targeting , gets old.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

Mesmer, Ranger, and Thief, the trio of 1v1 gods.

-Disgruntled WvW Roamer

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

True, but at least a ranger can be locked down

in PvP

Posted by: Zatria.5783

Zatria.5783

PvP has many issues in this game. It will not get better until the people playing the classes causing the problems become honest. For example, there are certain things that make a game pure crap…

1. Over use of Crowd control— even WoW was smart enough to put in reductions to prevent back to back to back……. cc’d.

2. Stealth — stealth in any game is an instant red flag for a crap design. BTW, it is STEALTH. The kitten character is still there. No way in hell a stealth character should just mosey on through all the marks all over the ground…. NO WAY! You also should not be able to stealth in combat as often as it is allowed. Again, even WoW was smart enough to work with that.

3. Melee damage — you really think melee is on par with what non melee can do? Like, necro? I ran 32k HP, and it was gone under 1/2 second. Attempting to CC any melee char is a waste of time. All of them have an instant gap closer and cc to wtfpwn you in under 1/2 second.

So there. Those are my opinions as to why the pvp is screwed up in GW2. Many will bash those opinions. But, then will be back in a few weeks/months crying about the same stuff.

esport…. lol, OK.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

GW2, is getting dull now, that’s whats up with spvp now. I wouldn’t be surprised to see people quitting and going back to LoL if they all about esports, or going back to skyrim for the gameplay. A good indicator of how a game is doing is http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/topgames/ and by looking at the chart GW2 is slowly dropping ranking, which isn’t a surprised to me. They doing too many steps backwards and not enough steps forward. WvW is dying as well, so don’t just think spvp is dying, GW2 in general couldn’t make itself a big deal soon enough.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Just an idea for Spvp. Secret mission risk if you’ve ever played it.

On match starting, or new hot joiners entering, each team is given their objectives and a objective completion list.

Red team:
Hold the grave yard for 6 minutes continuously
Eliminate both lord elementalists
Eliminate 25 blue players

Blue team
hold waterfall and graveyard capture nodes continuously for 3 minutes
eliminate 20 red players
destroy both doors to red base area

It sounds comical and over time players will learn and figure out what the other teams secret objectives are, but much like this version of risk, new missions can be added or changed as wanted for diversity. Much like this version of risk it is hard to tell at times if someone has hold 24 territories with a man on each, or if their going for hold 18 area’s with 2 on each, or if their going for hold the continents of asia and europe or if they’re going for eliminating one specific player. It is only once you have won you reveal your card,..up until then half the fun is guessing what the other players missions are and trying to get your objective whilst stopping them from potentially getting what you think is theirs.

Just an idea.

in PvP

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

I think SPVP is definitely getting a little dull and definitely is getting more stale, especially for those people who have invested interest in it. Clearly not enough changes have been made for the balance/game modes and everything else inbetween that would even promote interest from casual or people who have not even played the game.

There have been some positive steps to make it more appealing for e-sports but that market is so niche at the moment that it may never take off. There HAS to be more done with new game modes,achievements,leaderboards and most definitely balance to get general interest from people looking to play the game to casual and hardcore players.

I hope they get the ball rolling with pvp at least by the end of the year, else pvp will definitely feel like it may never actually get to where the games potential lies.

in PvP

Posted by: premie.9714

premie.9714

I like how the pvp is done in this game, It has a lot of potential..
I recently started gw2, and I made a pvp ranger..well the 3 games I played, I won all 3 and had most points on team

The pvp is good, but needs a lot of rebalancing
My necro is not nearly as good :\
Best part of guild wars 1, is that it was rather balanced nicely, I could make some cool characters. The game is young, and it won’t take a ton of work to balance, so I have hope.

in PvP

Posted by: Nik Rane.6431

Nik Rane.6431

I don’t see any hgh engis in that screen

also this thread is full of hotjoin baddies

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Watchout! Hotjoiners are telling us what the meta is for zerging and make the most points out of a match.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

People still 8 v8? I can’t stand getting zerged. Atleast 5 v 5 you have a chance if you get caught out of position.

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

In hot joins I see a lot of rangers and mesmers. Those thieves that show up are usually useless and dead 90% of the match..

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

also this thread is full of hotjoin baddies

Better a hotjoin baddy than a tryhard at a game nobody cares about.

in PvP

AlBundy.7851

Kinda like posting on a forum for a game nobody cares about?

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Honestly gw2 has mastered game play. They perfected it. It’s beautiful. They are just lacking content or incentive shall I say. After a while of playing with nothing to show for it except a useless rank that gets you nothing it just feels like a grind… sPvP that is. PVE wise they are doing good. They could still use more but so far it’s OK. This being opinion of course.

Then you my friend are in the minority of people I’ve met.

The vast majority of PvP’ers I’ve talked to don’t care about rewards.
The vast majority of PvP’ers I’ve met, who played GW2, left the game… and the few sticking around still have a number of large issues with it…

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: zach.1847

zach.1847

Just an idea for Spvp. Secret mission risk if you’ve ever played it.

On match starting, or new hot joiners entering, each team is given their objectives and a objective completion list.

Red team:
Hold the grave yard for 6 minutes continuously
Eliminate both lord elementalists
Eliminate 25 blue players

Blue team
hold waterfall and graveyard capture nodes continuously for 3 minutes
eliminate 20 red players
destroy both doors to red base area

It sounds comical and over time players will learn and figure out what the other teams secret objectives are, but much like this version of risk, new missions can be added or changed as wanted for diversity. Much like this version of risk it is hard to tell at times if someone has hold 24 territories with a man on each, or if their going for hold 18 area’s with 2 on each, or if their going for hold the continents of asia and europe or if they’re going for eliminating one specific player. It is only once you have won you reveal your card,..up until then half the fun is guessing what the other players missions are and trying to get your objective whilst stopping them from potentially getting what you think is theirs.

Just an idea.

I like the idea.