What's wrong? Please fix it.

in PvP

Posted by: DoM.8396

DoM.8396

First, let me bring you up to date on my history with this season. My name is Dominic. I was late to this season because honestly, I didn’t want to PvP alone. My friends that I know who are great PvP players haven’t been around much. Two weeks ago I decided, heck I’ll give it a shot. Well, that “shot” turned into diamond tier 7 in about 2 weeks of casual play (3-10 games a day depending on the day).

I have been at tier 7/6 diamond for the past 70+ games. I cannot express the amount of disappointment I have for at least one teammate every match let alone Anet’s matchmaking/league system. I don’t think it’s the matchmaking system; I believe that it’s the league system. People that started day one in the season have grinded their way up to diamond/legendary even though they are average to sub-par players. Is legendary meant for average players? I was under the impression it wasn’t. I’m stuck in diamond because I believe my MMR is terrible. Any win streak I get is lost immediately due to someone going afk because of rage quitting after losing mid, or because I’m solo queue and get put against teams of 3 or 4.

I just wanted to write you Anet and express I have never been so irate towards an mmo before. I mean, at least when I used to play ranked PvP in WoW I was getting put against people who are usually my skill level as we make our way to the top. I’m sitting here in diamond playing with people who should be in sapphire or even emerald.

I’ll never step foot in PvP again without announced changes to how the system works. I’ll never waste days of my life again just to play with people I thought I out ranked in the first few hours of my season journey.

If I didn’t have a wife that loved this game I probably wouldn’t even play this game anymore, but it’s not that easy for me. Though, I won’t waste another second of my time in a broken ranked PvP system.

Hopefully, someone can take my account name, look at some statistics of my PvP history and find the flaws in your system for that is the true intention of this post.

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Is legendary meant for average players? I was under the impression it wasn’t.

The forums seem to certainly think so.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: DoM.8396

DoM.8396

Well after 82 games in T6/7 diamond; I even dropped down to T5 once, I finally hit legendary. I hit legendary at 3:30 am my time. Talk about last minute. Big thanks to Miaxi and his stream. I learned some neat tricks with necro that really made a some big differences in team fights. What a long day it has been!