What's wrong with burning (screenshot)

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

I’m going to start posting my warrior damage on forums and say look it’s OP.
(And no i don’t main warrior , i play terror necromancer and soldier engineer).

The fact is only 2 classes have easy acces to burnstacking in a more or less reliable way (ad ranger if you stay in bonfire.).

1) Guard is a high burst burn potential , with low mobility , great at +1 and doing ok in duels (It got counters). Their skills are huge telegraphs and you should be able to skillfully dodge most of their incoming burning damage burst , in team fights the burning + cover conditions + the stunts however is doing incredible damage and can’t be cleansed with ease on your own but that’s what your support role classes are for bunker guard / shout bow / cele ele / … can negate all forms of condition damage from their team mates using their cleansing skills at the right moment.

2) Engineer has a high burn burst potential , having decent mobility , behing good at +1 , it’s verry easy to counter in duel situations. It’s weak to CC , focus fire and to condition it self. In team fights they are easy to take down with coordinated burst , their low hp pool is realy suffering by any condition AoE application , Their burst can be hard do deal with on your own in team fights , but again that’s the role of your support players to cleanse you.

The only burning skill you can skillfully dodge from a Guardian is Zealot’s Fire projectile, rest are all instant cast and rely on prediction/luck and the Guardian has the advantage of being the one being able to skillfully land the hit guaranteed. Those counters to Engineer are hilarious because that’s the counter to everything, should have been more specific and said take his health down to 0.

Zealot’s Flame and Purging Flames can both easily be dodged. They’re both incredibly slow attacks and incredibly telegraphed. They also happen to be the bread and butter of the burn guard’s damage output. If you can dodge those two skills (and any average player can) you should be fine. All the other sources of burning that the guardian has hardly do any real damage.

All you people complaining about burn guard really need to learn 2 play. Any slightly-above average player should have no trouble dealing with a burn guard, unless you’re on a PU shatter mesmer or a thief, those are the only classes that will have some trouble dealing with a burn guard, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Yeah Burn Guardians are so easy, just dodge every single basic thing they do that easily do more than a Zerker Hundred Blades.

in PvP

Posted by: claytonmorby.3751

claytonmorby.3751

The fact is only 2 classes have easy acces to burnstacking in a more or less reliable way (ad ranger if you stay in bonfire.).

1) Guard is a high burst burn potential , with low mobility , great at +1 and doing ok in duels (It got counters). Their skills are huge telegraphs and you should be able to skillfully dodge most of their incoming burning damage burst , in team fights the burning + cover conditions + the stunts however is doing incredible damage and can’t be cleansed with ease on your own but that’s what your support role classes are for bunker guard / shout bow / cele ele / … can negate all forms of condition damage from their team mates using their cleansing skills at the right moment.

2) Engineer has a high burn burst potential , having decent mobility , behing good at +1 , it’s verry easy to counter in duel situations. It’s weak to CC , focus fire and to condition it self. In team fights they are easy to take down with coordinated burst , their low hp pool is realy suffering by any condition AoE application , Their burst can be hard do deal with on your own in team fights , but again that’s the role of your support players to cleanse you.

The only burning skill you can skillfully dodge from a Guardian is Zealot’s Fire projectile, rest are all instant cast and rely on prediction/luck and the Guardian has the advantage of being the one being able to skillfully land the hit guaranteed. Those counters to Engineer are hilarious because that’s the counter to everything, should have been more specific and said take his health down to 0.

Zealot’s Flame and Purging Flames can both easily be dodged. They’re both incredibly slow attacks and incredibly telegraphed. They also happen to be the bread and butter of the burn guard’s damage output. If you can dodge those two skills (and any average player can) you should be fine. All the other sources of burning that the guardian has hardly do any real damage.

All you people complaining about burn guard really need to learn 2 play. Any slightly-above average player should have no trouble dealing with a burn guard, unless you’re on a PU shatter mesmer or a thief, those are the only classes that will have some trouble dealing with a burn guard, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Yeah Burn Guardians are so easy, just dodge every single basic thing they do that easily do more than a Zerker Hundred Blades.

Easily?

Pretty sure 3-4 stacks of burning don’t do more than 100 blades…

If you have more than that, not much anyone can do for you there, either bring counters or continue to get steamrolled since you can’t dodge or rotate. The only class I get high burn stacks on is my necro because I’m pulling it from my teammates.

Thief is not going to beat any guardian in a 1v1 imo. It’s just not the way the game is designed, and I think that is ok. I do think thief is extremely weak and needs something to help its current players.

But nerfing burning will not solve those problems.

in PvP

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

No, they only do more damage than Hundred Blades if you allow their burn stacks to run their full duration.

Like I said, the most devastating skills of the guardian are Zealot’s Flame and Purging Flames, and only if you allow those to run their full course.

Your first option is dodge, which should be easy because these two skills are incredibly slow and telegraphed.

Failing that, your second option is block. If you have aegis or any other kind of block available, you can easily block these attacks.

Failing that you can cleanse. Almost every class has enough condi cleanses available to deal with Zealot’s Flame and Purging flames except for a PU Shatter mesmer and maybe a thief.

There is literally so much you can do against a burn guardian that you seriously have to be an utter noob if you let their burning run their full course and down you.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

No, they only do more damage than Hundred Blades if you allow their burn stacks to run their full duration.

Like I said, the most devastating skills of the guardian are Zealot’s Flame and Purging Flames, and only if you allow those to run their full course.

Your first option is dodge, which should be easy because these two skills are incredibly slow and telegraphed.

Failing that, your second option is block. If you have aegis or any other kind of block available, you can easily block these attacks.

Failing that you can cleanse. Almost every class has enough condi cleanses available to deal with Zealot’s Flame and Purging flames except for a PU Shatter mesmer and maybe a thief.

There is literally so much you can do against a burn guardian that you seriously have to be an utter noob if you let their burning run their full course and down you.

Tell me stories of the class with 20,000 condition removals again, now what if there is another condition build in the team fight preventing the burning from getting off. They do 1.7k per 3 attacks and Guardians have many multi hit attack choices and their Zealot’s still did 7k just from being activated instantly and every 10 seconds you get another 7k and have to avoid the 5kx2 projectiles plus multi hit attacks and activated for 3.8kxally. Also be careful of your movement for the first 6 seconds after you dodge Purging Flames, 10k damage every time someone enters it and it can trigger every single time.

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

Tell me stories of the class with 20,000 condition removals again, now what if there is another condition build in the team fight preventing the burning from getting off. They do 1.7k per 3 attacks and Guardians have many multi hit attack choices and their Zealot’s still did 7k just from being activated instantly and every 10 seconds you get another 7k and have to avoid the 5kx2 projectiles plus multi hit attacks and activated for 3.8kxally. Also be careful of your movement for the first 6 seconds after you dodge Purging Flames, 10k damage every time someone enters it and it can trigger every single time.

20000 condition removals? You only need 2 or 3.

If you’re in a team fight, chances are high that you have access to group condi cleanses. If you have a shoutbow warrior or bunker guardian on your team, those condi builds will do nothing but tickle you when you’re in team fights.

Zealot’s Flame does not hit for 7k simply by activating, they need to be thrown to do serious damage, and even then they often don’t hit for more than 5k unless the guardian has significant amount of might stacked up (which they can’t do themselves unless they block your burst with Shelter and you’re dumb enough to just keep attacking).

All your other numbers are kitten too because those numbers only go so high if you let the guardian’s burning stack up and run their full course.

Again, you need to learn to play. I have absolutely zero difficulty countering burn guardians and I’m merely slightly above average in terms of skill.

So tell me, how can a slightly above average player have zero difficulty dealing with burn guardians while you seem to think they’re so utterly invincible? Are you really that much of a noob?

in PvP

glaphen.5230

20000 condition removals? You only need 2 or 3.

If you’re in a team fight, chances are high that you have access to group condi cleanses. If you have a shoutbow warrior or bunker guardian on your team, those condi builds will do nothing but tickle you when you’re in team fights.

Zealot’s Flame does not hit for 7k simply by activating, they need to be thrown to do serious damage, and even then they often don’t hit for more than 5k unless the guardian has significant amount of might stacked up (which they can’t do themselves unless they block your burst with Shelter and you’re dumb enough to just keep attacking).

All your other numbers are kitten too because those numbers only go so high if you let the guardian’s burning stack up and run their full course.

Again, you need to learn to play. I have absolutely zero difficulty countering burn guardians and I’m merely slightly above average in terms of skill.

So tell me, how can a slightly above average player have zero difficulty dealing with burn guardians while you seem to think they’re so utterly invincible? Are you really that much of a noob?

No it inflicts a 10 second burning just by being around the Guardian for 3.5k damage each. Also I guess it’s more like 6.5k from 3 stacks for 5 secondsx2 per 10 seconds per projectile. Guardians are pretty tanky at a base with virtues and condition damage gives them free tanky stats compared with a zerker. I’m 100% sure I’m better than you even if I haven’t played in a year. Also even if you attacked during Shelter twice that is only around 2.4k damage taken, also have to take the 1.2k burning each time when you have to remove the Aegis.

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

No it inflicts a 10 second burning just by being around the Guardian for 3.5k damage each.

Which is nothing. that’s 350 dmg per tick, or 350 per second. That’s laughable and should not be anything to worry about.

Also I guess it’s more like 6.5k from 3 stacks for 5 seconds x2 per 10 seconds per projectile.

That’s still only 1200 damage per tick. That’s quite heavy damage, but it comes from a projectile that can easily be dodged, blocked and/or cleansed.

Guardians are pretty tanky at a base with virtues and condition damage gives them free tanky stats compared with a zerker.

They’re less tanky than you think. they have 20k HP and only 2300 armor if they run Strength In Numbers.

Virtue of Justice is a purely offensive virtue. Virtue of Resolve does barely noticeable healing and Virtue of Courage has an incredibly high cooldown and can only be used once per fight at most.

Some condi pressure can kill a burn guard in no time. A burn guardian is no match for a necromancer. Shoutbow warriors, bunker guardians and d/d celementlaists will also slowly but surely get the burn guardian down with zero trouble.

I’m 100% sure I’m better than you even if I haven’t played in a year.

You clearly aren’t better than me as you have no clue how to deal with burn guardians while I easily kill them on most of my characters.

Anyway, I’m a nice person, so I’ll help you and teach you how to deal with burn guardians. Maybe after learning how to play you’ll no longer feel the need to complain about a mediocre gimmicky guardian build:

1) Realize that most burns that guards apply don’t do much damage. Don’t start spamming your condi cleanses once you see that burn being applied to you. Be aware where that burn came from and save your condi cleanses for the big hits like Purging Flames.

2) Obviously don’t walk into their Purging flames.

3) Try to keep the guardian at range. Burn guards have crap mobility and only have 2 teleports, one on a high cooldown and the other on the sword/focus, which is their defensive weapon set and won’t do much damage to you. When you keep them at a distance, you won’t be hurt by Zealot’s Flame and you can easily dodge Zealot’s Fire. Because the burn guard’s main offensive pressure comes from Zealot’s Flame/Fire, you’ll have the burn guard at a huge disadvantage if you can keep some range between you.

4) Don’t try to 1v1 a burn guard if you’re on a thief or PU shatter mesmer. Call for help or run and leave the burn guard to one of your other team mates. The guardian in general is a huge counter to thief and shatter mesmer, a burn guardian even more so. Know your strengths and weaknesses and pick your fights. You won’t be able to 1v1 everyone on every class and that’s okay.

5) Definitely do 1v1 a burn guard on a necro, guardian, warrior or elementalist. You should have no trouble killing those burn guards on those 4 classes.

6) If you’re on an engineer, try to deploy your healing turret late in the battle, preferably after the burn guard has already used his Purging Flames.

7) If you’re on a GS/Hammer warrior, try to burst the burn guard down while in Berserker Stance. Use your hammer a lot to stun and interrupt the burn guard, especially if you see them casting their Zealot’s Fire or Purging Flames which, as I said earlier, have long casting times and big telegraphs, so they should be easy to interrupt.

8) Shoutbow warriors, bunker guardians, necros and d/d celementalists can just do their regular rotations, they should have absolutely no trouble killing the burn guard that way.

I hope this helps.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

^Someone sticky this, please.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

No it inflicts a 10 second burning just by being around the Guardian for 3.5k damage each.

Which is nothing. that’s 350 dmg per tick, or 350 per second. That’s laughable and should not be anything to worry about.

Also I guess it’s more like 6.5k from 3 stacks for 5 seconds x2 per 10 seconds per projectile.

That’s still only 1200 damage per tick. That’s quite heavy damage, but it comes from a projectile that can easily be dodged, blocked and/or cleansed.

Guardians are pretty tanky at a base with virtues and condition damage gives them free tanky stats compared with a zerker.

They’re less tanky than you think. they have 20k HP and only 2300 armor if they run Strength In Numbers.

Virtue of Justice is a purely offensive virtue. Virtue of Resolve does barely noticeable healing and Virtue of Courage has an incredibly high cooldown and can only be used once per fight at most.

Some condi pressure can kill a burn guard in no time. A burn guardian is no match for a necromancer. Shoutbow warriors, bunker guardians and d/d celementlaists will also slowly but surely get the burn guardian down with zero trouble.

I’m 100% sure I’m better than you even if I haven’t played in a year.

You clearly aren’t better than me as you have no clue how to deal with burn guardians while I easily kill them on most of my characters.

Anyway, I’m a nice person, so I’ll help you and teach you how to deal with burn guardians. Maybe after learning how to play you’ll no longer feel the need to complain about a mediocre gimmicky guardian build:

1) Realize that most burns that guards apply don’t do much damage. Don’t start spamming your condi cleanses once you see that burn being applied to you. Be aware where that burn came from and save your condi cleanses for the big hits like Purging Flames.

2) Obviously don’t walk into their Purging flames.

3) Try to keep the guardian at range. Burn guards have crap mobility and only have 2 teleports, one on a high cooldown and the other on the sword/focus, which is their defensive weapon set and won’t do much damage to you. When you keep them at a distance, you won’t be hurt by Zealot’s Flame and you can easily dodge Zealot’s Fire. Because the burn guard’s main offensive pressure comes from Zealot’s Flame/Fire, you’ll have the burn guard at a huge disadvantage if you can keep some range between you.

4) Don’t try to 1v1 a burn guard if you’re on a thief or PU shatter mesmer. Call for help or run and leave the burn guard to one of your other team mates. The guardian in general is a huge counter to thief and shatter mesmer, a burn guardian even more so. Know your strengths and weaknesses and pick your fights. You won’t be able to 1v1 everyone on every class and that’s okay.

5) Definitely do 1v1 a burn guard on a necro, guardian, warrior or elementalist. You should have no trouble killing those burn guards on those 4 classes.

6) If you’re on an engineer, try to deploy your healing turret late in the battle, preferably after the burn guard has already used his Purging Flames.

7) If you’re on a GS/Hammer warrior, try to burst the burn guard down while in Berserker Stance. Use your hammer a lot to stun and interrupt the burn guard, especially if you see them casting their Zealot’s Fire or Purging Flames which, as I said earlier, have long casting times and big telegraphs, so they should be easy to interrupt.

8) Shoutbow warriors, bunker guardians, necros and d/d celementalists can just do their regular rotations, they should have absolutely no trouble killing the burn guard that way.

I hope this helps.

Because that 350×2=700 per second unavoidable, along with the unavoidable 300 per weapon swap every 10 seconds. You may avoid the 2 projectiles and the Purging Flames in the first instant of the fight but then you got to dodge the projectiles every 10 seconds again while you have 1 dodge per 10 seconds regen if not weaknessed or vigored, then a use of Zealot’s Defense every 12 seconds is another 6.5k in justice procs plus physical damage, then they got basic attacks and weapon swaps to another multi hit weapon. Condition removal skills tend to have high cooldowns, if you take any of these over 10 seconds it’s unlikely you will survive till the next condition removal cooldown. Like how you act like the Guardian is kittened and gets hit by the easy to see hammer animations, hurr dodge the basic animations of a burn Guardian but hit him with the telegraph hammer. Healing Turret removes 2 conditions, Guardians can easily get at least 3 to cover it. OP boring meta team support builds counter them in team fights, you don’t see any meta builds to counter physical damage. Also this is the stay on the point game, running from the Guardian only works in WvW.

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

^
Running totally works in PVP. Not every class/build can tank a point. As a thief you should be +1ing fights and capping empty points.

I just told you how to counter burn guards. It’s up to you if you want to listen or keep getting powned by burn guards.

But if you decide to ignore my advice then please realize that you dying like a scrub is not the fault of the burn guard, it’s your fault for being stubborn and a bad player.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

^
Running totally works in PVP. Not every class/build can tank a point. As a thief you should be +1ing fights and capping empty points.

I just told you how to counter burn guards. It’s up to you if you want to listen or keep getting powned by burn guards.

But if you decide to ignore my advice then please realize that you dying like a scrub is not the fault of the burn guard, it’s your fault for being stubborn and a bad player.

At last someone who understands roles.

Unfortunately people just wanna stomp and kill in pvp to prove a point.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

glaphen.5230

^

I trust your wrong advice Mr. Guardian main. Also empty points, what kinda bads are we talking about here, hot join matches sure.

^

At last someone who understands roles.

Unfortunately people just wanna stomp and kill in pvp to prove a point.

Haha no, his advice is the opposite of that, it doesn’t help win the game to decap a point.

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

I main warrior not guard so try again Mr. Bad Thief Player Who Doesn’t Understand How PvP Works.

My advice totally works as I have zero issues with killing burn guards.

Even in coordinated team matches there will be emty points.

Guardian is the hard counter against thief, even before burning got buffed. Just accept that your main class is not all-powerful and has counters and move on. Either play a different class or accept that as a thief you’re gonna have to run from guardians in 1v1 siuations.

L2P and git gut scrub.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

I main warrior not guard so try again Mr. Bad Thief Player Who Doesn’t Understand How PvP Works.

Guardian is the hard counter against thief, even before burning got buffed. Just accept that your main class is not all-powerful and has counters and move on. Either play a different class or accept that as a thief you’re gonna have to run from guardians in 1v1 siuations.

L2P and git gut scrub.

while in BWE2 I had difficulty killing veterans on my main profession (Guardian) using Berserkers gear?
Yes I’m still sour about the Dragonhunter, I hate it in every single way, the name sucks, the new virtues suck, the utility skills suck, the traits suck and the longbow skills are “meh” at best. As someone who mains Guardian this really stings.
I actually main guardian and use a Sunrise (has more particle effects than Cobalt). I never had the issue Lord Trejgon or the OP describes.
My males:
- human guardian (main)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

L2P and git gut scrub.

while in BWE2 I had difficulty killing veterans on my main profession (Guardian) using Berserkers gear?
Yes I’m still sour about the Dragonhunter, I hate it in every single way, the name sucks, the new virtues suck, the utility skills suck, the traits suck and the longbow skills are “meh” at best. As someone who mains Guardian this really stings.
I actually main guardian and use a Sunrise (has more particle effects than Cobalt). I never had the issue Lord Trejgon or the OP describes.
My males:
- human guardian (main)

wait… you have trouble killing veterans on guardian

i think we now know what the real problem is here

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

glaphen.5230

L2P and git gut scrub.

My males:
- human guardian (main)

wait… you have trouble killing veterans on guardian

i think we now know what the real problem is here

No these are posts from his post history by Ctrl+F searching main.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I stopped replying when glaphen said it’s best for a Thief to 1v1 a Condi Ranger on point.

Every single person here is telling you why it’s a L2P issue on your side yet you have a rebuttal (a poor one at that) to every single person here.

It’s clear you’re rusty after a year of inactivity… based on what you’ve said about Thief strat. I highly doubt you’re more skillfull than the players in this thread.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

glaphen.5230

I stopped replying when glaphen said it’s best for a Thief to 1v1 a Condi Ranger on point.

Every single person here is telling you why it’s a L2P issue on your side yet you have a rebuttal (a poor one at that) to every single person here.

It’s clear you’re rusty after a year of inactivity… based on what you’ve said about Thief strat. I highly doubt you’re more skillfull than the players in this thread.

You clearly don’t know how this games PvP works, you win by having 500 points, not by winning fights.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

just play p/p DD its godlike. you will own any type of mediguard (burn guard is just a type of mediguard you know). maybe s/p or s/d could be good with DD, but d/p is going to have a hard time vis mediguard. even more so when they bring greatsword & purging flames.

most builds have counter builds, d/p’s is medi.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

Wait, glaphen, you MAIN guardian yet you don’t know how to counter burn guards? Wut?

I advice you to try burn guardian yourself then. Play it for a while to get a better understanding of the burn guard’s strengths and weaknesses. You’ll then have a better grasp of how to counter them when you play something else. That’s what I did too. I played burn guard to see what the fuzz is about. I quickly discovered that on burn guard I was absolutely wrecking bad players, but good players could easily kill me. All in all I find the burn guard incredibly boring to play. It’s a one-trick-pony that is easily countered by any decent player who know what the hell he/she is doing.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Wait, glaphen, you MAIN guardian yet you don’t know how to counter burn guards? Wut?

I advice you to try burn guardian yourself then. Play it for a while to get a better understanding of the burn guard’s strengths and weaknesses. You’ll then have a better grasp of how to counter them when you play something else. That’s what I did too. I played burn guard to see what the fuzz is about. I quickly discovered that on burn guard I was absolutely wrecking bad players, but good players could easily kill me. All in all I find the burn guard incredibly boring to play. It’s a one-trick-pony that is easily countered by any decent player who know what the hell he/she is doing.

Those are your own posts. I played some condition Guardian before they even made burning stack.

in PvP

Posted by: linsalainen.5806

linsalainen.5806

I play engineer and theif mostly. While i think burning is strong i dont think they should nerf it. And IF they do i hope its not that much, because of 1 engi and guards are not immune to burning…they have to deal with it as much as everyone else. 2 i find burn guards extremly easy to kill. You just clense that one kondition they have. 3 any decent necro or confusion theif or mesmer can kill a condi engi without trouble. I dont understand how people can use metabuilds and cry for nerfs at the same time. Look at engi condi meta build…. Firearms…inventions….explosives. Well IF you spec squishy you will die often stop crying.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

I play engineer and theif mostly. While i think burning is strong i dont think they should nerf it. And IF they do i hope its not that much, because of 1 engi and guards are not immune to burning…they have to deal with it as much as everyone else. 2 i find burn guards extremly easy to kill. You just clense that one kondition they have. 3 any decent necro or confusion theif or mesmer can kill a condi engi without trouble. I dont understand how people can use metabuilds and cry for nerfs at the same time. Look at engi condi meta build…. Firearms…inventions….explosives. Well IF you spec squishy you will die often stop crying.

Good thing I’ve got the tankiest effective Thief build possible.

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

Those are your own posts. I played some condition Guardian before they even made burning stack.

Wait you copy-pasted one of my earlier posts in the PVE thread. I didn’t even recognize it.

Yeah I do main guardian… IN PVE!

In PvP I main warrior (but I can easily switch to any other class and do well if the team comp requires it). Don’t believe me? Go check out my GW2Efficiency stats and check out my last 100 PvP matches or so.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Wait you copy-pasted one of my earlier posts in the PVE thread. I didn’t even recognize it.

In PvP I main warrior (but I can easily switch to any other class and do well if the team comp requires it). Don’t believe me? Go check out my GW2Efficiency stats and check out my last 100 PvP matches or so.

Only thing I see on that site is a 1500 hour Guardian and 300 hour Guardian when searching your account name.

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

Only thing I see on that site is a 1500 hour Guardian and 300 hour Guardian when searching your account name.

Then look harder. I’m sure I have every bit of account info possible shared on there.

in PvP

Posted by: xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028

xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028

glaphen if you believe you should engage every 1v1 as a thief you are wrong.
if you believe capture points are never free in high lvl games you are also wrong.
just check out the ESL final and you will see for yourself.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Then look harder. I’m sure I have every bit of account info possible shared on there.

Well what I did was register with random gibberish, search engine how to search for accounts, saw a linked character, hit the character tab, copy and pasted your account name, only thing that shows up are Sebastian Lacroix and Clare Claidheamhmor, which match your post about your created characters 5 months ago besides all the missing ones.

glaphen if you believe you should engage every 1v1 as a thief you are wrong.
if you believe capture points are never free in high lvl games you are also wrong.
just check out the ESL final and you will see for yourself.

Obviously, but I’d engage a 1 vs 5 if I know I can survive at least 10 seconds which should be easy with all the Thief evades if it’s a point my team owns.

in PvP

linsalainen.5806

Tankiest as in armor, HP or condition clense? Since all conditions ignore armor, Raw HP and condi clense is your only option

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Tankiest as in armor, HP or condition clense? Since all conditions ignore armor, Raw HP and condi clense is your only option

Healing, armor, evades, team support and non stealth condition removal. Raw HP only helps burst builds survive other burst builds.

in PvP

Posted by: xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028

xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028

my bet ? all of those things.
something like acrobatics shadow arts trickery /w sentinel amulet, runes of the adventure and double energy sigil.

in PvP

linsalainen.5806

Healing, armor, evades, team support and non stealth condition removal. Raw HP only helps burst builds survive other burst builds.

I can say right away that face tanking conditions is not a good idea…not a good idea for any class exept maybe ele or necros haha. Im sorry that you can take a burst class and make him a tank.

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

Well what I did was register with random gibberish, search engine how to search for accounts, saw a linked character, hit the character tab, copy and pasted your account name, only thing that shows up are Sebastian Lacroix and Clare Claidheamhmor, which match your post about your created characters 5 months ago besides all the missing ones.

Just so you know I’m not lying:

http://puu.sh/kEvdW/63a2691cfb.png

http://puu.sh/kEvjP/395395161e.png

Yes, I had a horrible losing streak yesterday. But then again I never claimed to be the best of the best, I’m merely slightly above average. The team I played with (a bunch of guildies who rarely PvP) wasn’t that great either, so that probably played a role in my losing streak as well.

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

what’s wrong with people dying to burn guardians?

they don’t bring enough condi cleanse.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition

88 skills/traits/runes that remove a condition in some way.
68 that cause burning in some way.

13 total conditions and some have more than burning probably.
3 skills that remove every single condition and 2 have 60s, one has 40s cooldown.
It’s easy to get multiple conditions but multiple condition removal is pretty hard, especially when their sole use is to remove conditions but not all of them. Either way there isn’t enough when conditions have tiny cooldowns compared with any of those removals.

I run only two condi cleanses on my power ranger and I almost never die to burn guards.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

You clearly don’t know how this games PvP works, you win by having 500 points, not by winning fights.

You’re not going by what you’re preaching.

You went to fight a Condi Ranger, a build type that’s best at assaulting/defending a point, because you’re trying to keep it contested to gain points?

Sure, a good Thief would have roamed to that Ranger just like you would, realize it was a kitten Condi Trap Ranger and left point. Why? Because he wouldn’t have survived long enough to make a difference in the scoreboard nor survive long enough to get a helping hand. So while you gained maybe 5 points, the Condi Trap Ranger kept the point anyways because that’s what he does best. All the while, your teamates could have used your +1 for SR/Bursts/CC on the other two points.

Oh the Ranger roams back to mid because he’s wasting time standing around? Decap the point and go back to mid/far to +1.

All the pictures and items you’ve listed was a L2P issue on your end.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

You went to fight a Condi Ranger, a build type that’s best at assaulting/defending a point, because you’re trying to keep it contested to gain points?

Sure, a good Thief would have roamed to that Ranger just like you would, realize it was a kitten Condi Trap Ranger and left point. Why? Because he wouldn’t have survived long enough to make a difference in the scoreboard nor survive long enough to get a helping hand. So while you gained maybe 5 points, the Condi Trap Ranger kept the point anyways because that’s what he does best. All the while, your teamates could have used your +1 for SR/Bursts/CC on the other two points.

Oh the Ranger roams back to mid because he’s wasting time standing around? Decap the point and go back to mid/far to +1.

Finally, someone who knows how to PvP.

Thank god I’m not the only semi-decent player in here.

Your post got a +1 from me buddy. Maybe we should team up one day. My friendlist seriously lacks good players. I might add you.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

As I said before kitten learn to play, I survived long enough to more than make up for my death and kittenhammer laser was distracted by a 1 vs 1, also note every single picture had 1 condition build on the enemy team only. If my team couldn’t win the fight that was in their favor with the laser after me it’s their skill problem. It isn’t hard to survive the 10 seconds on a Thief, being downed alone will buy you nearly 10 seconds. I mean a few days ago I saw a Warrior run because 3 enemies were coming his way on the only point we owned at 496 points vs 480, if he had stayed and died we would have won.

(edited by glaphen.5230)

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

As I said before kitten learn to play, I survived long enough to more than make up for my death and kittenhammer laser was distracted by a 1 vs 1, also note every single picture had 1 condition build on the enemy team only. If my team couldn’t win the fight that was in their favor with the laser after me it’s their skill problem. It isn’t hard to survive the 10 seconds on a Thief, being downed alone will buy you nearly 10 seconds. I mean a few days ago I saw a Warrior run because 3 enemies were coming his way on the only point we owned at 496 points vs 480, if he had stayed and died we would have won.

Laser? You’re talking about Skyhammer? So that means you’re playing unranked.

Why are you playing unranked? Go play ranked. If your MMR is high enough you won’t be facing any burn guards there. You’ll also have better teams that can carry you to a victory. Don’t hold your team back too much though. If you ever end up on my team then I forbid you to engage burn guards or condi rangers in a 1v1. You’re either gonna cap free points or +1 fights. If I see you engaging in 1v1s versus burn guards or condi rangers I’m gonna scold you in map chat and then block you, just so you know.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Why are you playing unranked? Go play ranked. If your MMR is high enough you won’t be facing any burn guards there. You’ll also have better teams that can carry you to a victory. Don’t hold your team back too much though. If you ever end up on my team then I forbid you to engage burn guards or condi rangers in a 1v1. You’re either gonna cap free points or +1 fights. If I see you engaging in 1v1s versus burn guards or condi rangers I’m gonna scold you in map chat and then block you, just so you know.

I’m not going to play ranked without a solo queue, you can face your premade team in this Esports dead game as much as you want. Unranked has a MMR too and I could give a kitten about a leaderboard polluted with premades vs solo joiners, same as a year ago.

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

I’m not going to play ranked without a solo queue, you can face your premade team in this Esports dead game as much as you want. Unranked has a MMR too and I could give a kitten about a leaderboard polluted with premades vs solo joiners, same as a year ago.

So that means you never play ranked then?

Good, that means I don’t have to worry about you ending up on my team when I’m playing solo or with less than 4 other guildies.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Predictable with their instant attacks and basic attacks. You sure you aren’t just fighting bad ones at that, maybe your MMR is too low? Predict all you want they are the ones who choose when to use it. Not like a Guardian has to frontload every skill he has instantly, use 1 or 2 attacks with a weapon swap and wait for a cleanse because then you are still taking 2k per second, add in a second condition build because you people love the always available support condition clearing build ally, good luck.

Yes, predictable. Burn guards are a one-trick pony. If you ever played one yourself you should know.

My MMR is fine. That’s why I’m barely facing burn guards myself. Good players don’t play burn guard because they know it sucks. If you’re facing a lot of burn guards in PvP then that means your MMR is low.

As for the rest of your post: I’m not even sure what you’re rambling about anymore. But the fact of the matter stays the same: if you die to burn guards, then it’s a L2P issue, unless you’re on thief or shatter mesmer, then it’s expected that you die against a (burn) guard, because the guardian is your hard counter.

Really? The screenshot you posted of your score didn’t look fine, I mean I’ve won most of my games since I’ve started playing again and saw some of the top tier players from a year ago from solo queue already.

In unranked on a newly created thief? Sure buddy.

The screenshot I posted didn’t look fine maybe, but that’s because I had bad luck and a bad team so I ended up having a losing streak. It happens. Nothing to worry about. My overall win ratio in ranked queue is still 54% so yes, I’m fine.

So, if you’re so good, how come you 1) face so many burn guards (good players don’t use them) and 2) why are you playing unranked and 3) how come you still don’t know how to deal with burn guards?

You might think you’re good, but you probably are really bad. I’m almost certain of it.

Sure thing buddy, I actually looked around and had a picture of a site that tracked games before this, don’t think it was near when I quit though. Note this was playing only Bunker Thief in ranked games.

Attachments:

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

Predictable with their instant attacks and basic attacks. You sure you aren’t just fighting bad ones at that, maybe your MMR is too low? Predict all you want they are the ones who choose when to use it. Not like a Guardian has to frontload every skill he has instantly, use 1 or 2 attacks with a weapon swap and wait for a cleanse because then you are still taking 2k per second, add in a second condition build because you people love the always available support condition clearing build ally, good luck.

Yes, predictable. Burn guards are a one-trick pony. If you ever played one yourself you should know.

My MMR is fine. That’s why I’m barely facing burn guards myself. Good players don’t play burn guard because they know it sucks. If you’re facing a lot of burn guards in PvP then that means your MMR is low.

As for the rest of your post: I’m not even sure what you’re rambling about anymore. But the fact of the matter stays the same: if you die to burn guards, then it’s a L2P issue, unless you’re on thief or shatter mesmer, then it’s expected that you die against a (burn) guard, because the guardian is your hard counter.

Really? The screenshot you posted of your score didn’t look fine, I mean I’ve won most of my games since I’ve started playing again and saw some of the top tier players from a year ago from solo queue already.

The screenshot I posted didn’t look fine maybe, but that’s because I had bad luck and a bad team so I ended up having a losing streak. It happens. Nothing to worry about. My overall win ratio in ranked queue is still 54% so yes, I’m fine.

So, if you’re so good, how come you 1) face so many burn guards (good players don’t use them) and 2) why are you playing unranked and 3) how come you still don’t know how to deal with burn guards?

You might think you’re good, but you probably are really bad. I’m almost certain of it.

Sure thing buddy, I actually looked around and had a picture of a site that tracked games before this, don’t think it was near when I quit though. Note this was playing only Bunker Thief in ranked games.

“Bunker Thief”… :’)

That screenshot was taken right after Anet reset their leaderboards, so it meas nothing. Climbing the ranks after a reset is just a matter of playing a lot in a short period of time. Winning in solo queue is just a matter of being lucky and ending up with players who know how to play PvP and can carry you (if you’re not too much of a burden that is).

The fact of the matter is still that you have zero clue how to deal with the most gimmicky build in the game and QQ like a little baddy about how “OP” they are, all while saying nonsense like “a thief should 1v1 a condi ranger on point” and “bunker thief” (whatever that’s supposed to mean).

You clearly aren’t as good as you think you are, otherwise you wouldn’t be QQing about burn guards.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

That screenshot was taken right after Anet reset their leaderboards, so it meas nothing. Climbing the ranks after a reset is just a matter of playing a lot in a short period of time. Winning in solo queue is just a matter of being lucky and ending up with players who know how to play PvP and can carry you (if you’re not too much of a burden that is).

The fact of the matter is still that you have zero clue how to deal with the most gimmicky build in the game and QQ like a little baddy about how “OP” they are, all while saying nonsense like “a thief should 1v1 a condi ranger on point” and “bunker thief” (whatever that’s supposed to mean).

You clearly aren’t as good as you think you are, otherwise you wouldn’t be QQing about burn guards.

Haha look at this guy, he thinks skill doesn’t cause you to win more, also I’m pretty sure that it was taken 2 months or more after a reset and if you have a large amount of games played it’s accurate.

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

Haha look at this guy, he thinks skill doesn’t cause you to win more, also I’m pretty sure that it was taken 2 months or more after a reset and if you have a large amount of games played it’s accurate.

Still it’s just a matter of playing a lot and being lucky with team comps. You can be the best player in the world and still lose a lot if you’re queued up with bad players in solo-queue. And the fact of the matter is that Anet’s match making algorithm is still far from perfect. When I queue up solo I’m sometimes lucky and get thrown into a group that knows how to rotate points and sometimes I get unlucky and get thrown into a group of tryhards who constantly zerg mid. That’s how it goes. for everyone.

You can post as much old screenshots of your rank and win ratio as you want, it doesn’t mean anything because in the end, you still don’t know how to deal with burn guards. You refuse to accept that guardians are the hard counter against the only class you play (thief) and instead of just playing another class or simply not engaging guardians in 1v1s on a thief you insist that burn guards are OP and should be nerfed while really they aren’t OP at all, as any good player who doesn’t solely play thief will know.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Still it’s just a matter of playing a lot and being lucky with team comps. You can be the best player in the world and still lose a lot if you’re queued up with bad players in solo-queue. And the fact of the matter is that Anet’s match making algorithm is still far from perfect. When I queue up solo I’m sometimes lucky and get thrown into a group that knows how to rotate points and sometimes I get unlucky and get thrown into a group of tryhards who constantly zerg mid. That’s how it goes. for everyone.

You can post as much old screenshots of your rank and win ratio as you want, it doesn’t mean anything because in the end, you still don’t know how to deal with burn guards. You refuse to accept that guardians are the hard counter against the only class you play (thief) and instead of just playing another class or simply not engaging guardians in 1v1s on a thief you insist that burn guards are OP and should be nerfed while really they aren’t OP at all, as any good player who doesn’t solely play thief will know.

I’m 100% sure you are talking out of your kitten and didn’t play old solo queue. The matchmaking was horrible if you had just started playing and was accurate with 100 more or something, but I see 1,500 ranked games there. I also just looked and I have 25% of my time played as Thief in purely ranked, 25% as Ranger in all 3 aspects of the game, a bit more than 25% as Warrior and the rest as everything else in hot joins. Warrior surprised me since I only played it WvW mainly.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Lucos is right tho.

Skill is only 50% of the equation. ROTATIONS is the other half.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

I’m 100% sure you are talking out of your kitten and didn’t play old solo queue. The matchmaking was horrible if you had just started playing and was accurate with 100 more or something, but I see 1,500 ranked games there. I also just looked and I have 25% of my time played as Thief in purely ranked, 25% as Ranger in all 3 aspects of the game, a bit more than 25% as Warrior and the rest as everything else in hot joins. Warrior surprised me since I only played it WvW mainly.

I played old solo queue, probably as much as you. It wasn’t that much different than what it is now. The only difference is that now you sometimes face against pre-mades even if you queue up solo, even when you queue up solo in unranked. That sucks and will definitely screw with your win ratio if you only play solo, but in the end it doesn’t make a huge difference.

I’m also sure you’re the one talking out of your kitten because on that screenshot of yours you only had 1 character (which I assume is a thief) while on the earlier screenshot you’re also playing on a lvl 27 thief.

I know what thief main players are like. They think they’re the hot sh!znit while really they’re often nothing special. When they get dropped by classes or builds who hard-counter thief, instead of realizing they got countered and get over it they’ll go to the forums and QQ about it. You’re a dime in a dozen buddy.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

I played old solo queue, probably as much as you. It wasn’t that much different than what it is now. The only difference is that now you sometimes face against pre-mades even if you queue up solo, even when you queue up solo in unranked. That sucks and will definitely screw with your win ratio if you only play solo, but in the end it doesn’t make a huge difference.

I’m also sure you’re the one talking out of your kitten because on that screenshot of yours you only had 1 character (which I assume is a thief) while on the earlier screenshot you’re also playing on a lvl 27 thief.

I know what thief main players are like. They think they’re the hot kittennit while really they’re often nothing special. When they get dropped by classes or builds who hard-counter thief, instead of realizing they got countered and get over it they’ll go to the forums and QQ about it. You’re a dime in a dozen buddy.

Uhh my only Thief is level 80 from tomes and has level 10 equipment around on it besides the ascended chest bow that dropped a few days ago, don’t know where you see a 27 Thief or only one character. Use your Thief forum stereotypes as you wish but I’m playing bunker Thief and have more play time on both my Ranger and Warrior, though I did delete it multiple times because I wanted to change it’s looks when I kept it in hot join. I will label you with my you obviously main problem class and are clearly defending it without numbers or facts to support you stereotype that I encountered on the forums a ton a year ago.

(edited by glaphen.5230)

in PvP

Posted by: Dominik.5162

Dominik.5162

Lucos gave you so many points on how to avoid getting burned. You only get burned by every 5th attack (unless you trait it, which will render you as a guardian with one less condi removal) for 1 stack with the duration of 3.25 seconds. This will damage your rougly around 2k. Best option to go against a burn guardian is range (as Lucos already said more than once) and to actually be behind or the sides, so attacks won’t hit you as much as standing infront and take Zealot’s Flame/Fire, because i am pretty sure you are doing that.
Another thing is, and has been pointed out by a few people already, your build: You run a Zerker amulet you kitten, but I am pretty sure i know the reason why you took it. That is: The old Zerker amulet is now called Marauder, while the Zerker amulet now actually is full Berserker stats.
Then again Lucos already told you on which classes burn guardian works or not (while disagreeing with the GS/Hammer warrior, they are pretty killable with a burn guardian).
You don’t even know the usage of you class in pvp and loose to burn guardians in unranked, which is even more horrible than if you had lost vs them in ranked, yet you complain.

@Lucos: depending on the comp and enemy spec’s burn guardian is very viable and you actually see skilled players play it in tournaments (f.e. Tage from oRNG), just not as often as other specs.

Iliaz
Team Aggression [TA]
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Lucos gave you so many points on how to avoid getting burned. You only get burned by every 5th attack (unless you trait it, which will render you as a guardian with one less condi removal) for 1 stack with the duration of 3.25 seconds. This will damage your rougly around 2k. Best option to go against a burn guardian is range (as Lucos already said more than once) and to actually be behind or the sides, so attacks won’t hit you as much as standing infront and take Zealot’s Flame/Fire, because i am pretty sure you are doing that.
Another thing is, and has been pointed out by a few people already, your build: You run a Zerker amulet you kitten, but I am pretty sure i know the reason why you took it. That is: The old Zerker amulet is now called Marauder, while the Zerker amulet now actually is full Berserker stats.
Then again Lucos already told you on which classes burn guardian works or not (while disagreeing with the GS/Hammer warrior, they are pretty killable with a burn guardian).
You don’t even know the usage of you class in pvp and loose to burn guardians in unranked, which is even more horrible than if you had lost vs them in ranked, yet you complain.

@Lucos: depending on the comp and enemy spec’s burn guardian is very viable and you actually see skilled players play it in tournaments (f.e. Tage from oRNG), just not as often as other specs.

I will give you one thing, I was wrong about justice duration since I was going by website builder instead of logging in and it had the wrong info with the trait, but I also learned conditions now also do damage if they don’t reach the full duration as another buff so thanks for your post. Your positioning post makes absolutely no sense past the range aspect, is this some keyboard turning kitten now? I am also using Cleric’s amulet, don’t know where you are getting zerker. Burn Guardian losing to a hammer Warrior is a laugh again as I said, this burn Guardian is possibly the dumbest person on this planet at this point, getting hit by the telegraph hammer as the Warrior skillfully dodges his slight hand raise animation Purging Flames, while the Guardian masterfully starts spamming every single burn skill in existence during zerker stance after the Warrior used both evades. Hey kitten, there are build usages in PvP, not class, or are you saying burn Guardian is the same role as bunker or that hammer Warrior is the same as a shout bunker.