What's wrong with burning (screenshot)

in PvP

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Uhh my only Thief is level 80 from tomes and has level 10 equipment around on it besides the ascended chest bow that dropped a few days ago, don’t know where you see a 27 Thief or only one character. Use your Thief forum stereotypes as you wish but I’m playing bunker Thief and have more player time on both my Ranger and Warrior, though I did delete it multiple times because I wanted to change it’s looks when I kept it in hot join. I will label you win my you obviously main problem class and are clearly defending it without numbers or facts to support you stereotype that I encountered on the forums a ton a year ago.

Your last screenshot only shows 1 character in your character list, a character named Glaphe.

That means you only used 1 character in PvP, which I assume is your thief because you talk about your “bunker thief” a lot.

Which brings me to my next question: What does “bunker thief” even mean? Care to link me your build?

You can label me whatever you want. I don’t even main guardian anymore and I certainly never mained burn guardian (I used to main a medi-hammer guardian though even before it became meta). As I said (and shown), I main warrior these days.

I’m not defending anything. I’m just calling you out on your BS. I just don’t wan Anet to nerf burning just because a bunch of bad players and sour losers don’t know how to deal with it. Thieves already have very few counters as it is. If a burn guard completely obliterates thief then I say good, keep it that way.

You wanna talk about facts and numbers? Okay, lets talk about facts and numbers. If I look at your first screenshot, I see lighting whip has hurt you for 6k damage with only 11 hits, aka 545 damage per hit. That’s about the same damage as burning (you took 54k burning from 89 hits, aka 600 damage per hit).

So why are you crying about burning and not about ele’s auto attack in the air attunement? “Logic”.

600 damage per hit really isn’t anything special. The only reason burning seems OP to you is because you don’t know how to play. You let the guardians stack their burning on you to insane numbers (9 stacks or higher). Good players don’t let that happen.

I’ve told you how burning isn’t OP. I also told you how to counter burn guards. I also told you that sadly a thief won’t be able to face a burn guard in a 1v1 and that’s fine, simply don’t engage burn guards in 1v1s when you’re on thief. It’s perfectly fine to run away from a fight you can’t win. I told you that too.

Honestly, I’ve said everything I need to say, but you just won’t listen to facts and reason. Arguing any further with a sour loser who doesn’t accept that his problem is a L2P problem seems pointless to me, so I’m gonna leave it at that.

Good luck getting powned by burn guards.

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

I am also using Cleric’s amulet

I found your problem.

Who the heck uses a Cleric’s amulet on a thief? That’s the dumbest idea ever. No wonder you’re losing so often to burn guards. You lack the DPS to burst them down before they can do any serious damage to you.

Play a proper Marauder thief with Pack runes and you’ll probably do a lot better against burn guardians, despite them being your hard counter. If you’re as good as you claim you are, playing a more zerky build will definitely increase your chances of killing a burn guard before it kills you.

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Uhh my only Thief is level 80 from tomes and has level 10 equipment around on it besides the ascended chest bow that dropped a few days ago, don’t know where you see a 27 Thief or only one character. Use your Thief forum stereotypes as you wish but I’m playing bunker Thief and have more player time on both my Ranger and Warrior, though I did delete it multiple times because I wanted to change it’s looks when I kept it in hot join. I will label you win my you obviously main problem class and are clearly defending it without numbers or facts to support you stereotype that I encountered on the forums a ton a year ago.

Your last screenshot only shows 1 character in your character list, a character named Glaphe.

That means you only used 1 character in PvP, which I assume is your thief because you talk about your “bunker thief” a lot.

Which brings me to my next question: What does “bunker thief” even mean? Care to link me your build?

You can label me whatever you want. I don’t even main guardian anymore and I certainly never mained burn guardian (I used to main a medi-hammer guardian though even before it became meta). As I said (and shown), I main warrior these days.

I’m not defending anything. I’m just calling you out on your BS. I just don’t wan Anet to nerf burning just because a bunch of bad players and sour losers don’t know how to deal with it. Thieves already have very few counters as it is. If a burn guard completely obliterates thief then I say good, keep it that way.

You wanna talk about facts and numbers? Okay, lets talk about facts and numbers. If I look at your first screenshot, I see lighting whip has hurt you for 6k damage with only 11 hits, aka 545 damage per hit. That’s about the same damage as burning (you took 54k burning from 89 hits, aka 600 damage per hit).

So why are you crying about burning and not about ele’s auto attack in the air attunement? “Logic”.

600 damage per hit really isn’t anything special. The only reason burning seems OP to you is because you don’t know how to play. You let the guardians stack their burning on you to insane numbers (9 stacks or higher). Good players don’t let that happen.

I’ve told you how burning isn’t OP. I also told you how to counter burn guards. I also told you that sadly a thief won’t be able to face a burn guard in a 1v1 and that’s fine, simply don’t engage burn guards in 1v1s when you’re on thief. It’s perfectly fine to run away from a fight you can’t win. I told you that too.

Honestly, I’ve said everything I need to say, but you just won’t listen to facts and reason. Arguing any further with a sour loser who doesn’t accept that his problem is a L2P problem seems pointless to me, so I’m gonna leave it at that.

Good luck getting powned by burn guards.

That screenshot shows the characters recorded in ranked, I never brought anything else to ranked. Also you have a 300 hour Guardian that currently has burn Guardian in it’s PvP skill build according to that website you told me to go to. Wow 11 hits of of basic attacking as I’m walking from far to mid because he arrived to his home from spawn before I decapped it. Yes I do not know how to evade burning, it happens on everything they do, only counter play is to hump a shout Warrior all day. Pictures were only because someone wanted me to post all my death recaps so I agreed to, unfortunately only 1 person was playing condition build on the enemy team each game for those games. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAVVl0Mh6mYRTwrJw+EH0EE/D54G9+GkmoDwTmNA-TJRIABzeFAA4RAYUZAe2fAA There’s what I run because Improvisation is fun.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAVVl0Mh6mYRTwrJw+EHDFkfILpE8AshM0/6IeBA-TJRIABzeFAA4RAYUZAe2fAA Better one but doesn’t have Improvisations fun aspect.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAVVl0Mh6mYRTwpJw+ELDFGXAYDkB6+KjgXwc+7/NAB-TJxHwAOLDI4RAsb/BAXBAA There’s an OP one if you want to play when DD is released.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

I am also using Cleric’s amulet

I found your problem.

Who the heck uses a Cleric’s amulet on a thief? That’s the dumbest idea ever. No wonder you’re losing so often to burn guards. You lack the DPS to burst them down before they can do any serious damage to you.

Play a proper Marauder thief with Pack runes and you’ll probably do a lot better against burn guardians, despite them being your hard counter. If you’re as good as you claim you are, playing a more zerky build will definitely increase your chances of killing a burn guard before it kills you.

I do and yet I manage to win more than you do, funny thing. kitten off with your meta builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Dominik.5162

Dominik.5162

Lucos gave you so many points on how to avoid getting burned. You only get burned by every 5th attack (unless you trait it, which will render you as a guardian with one less condi removal) for 1 stack with the duration of 3.25 seconds. This will damage your rougly around 2k. Best option to go against a burn guardian is range (as Lucos already said more than once) and to actually be behind or the sides, so attacks won’t hit you as much as standing infront and take Zealot’s Flame/Fire, because i am pretty sure you are doing that.
Another thing is, and has been pointed out by a few people already, your build: You run a Zerker amulet you kitten, but I am pretty sure i know the reason why you took it. That is: The old Zerker amulet is now called Marauder, while the Zerker amulet now actually is full Berserker stats.
Then again Lucos already told you on which classes burn guardian works or not (while disagreeing with the GS/Hammer warrior, they are pretty killable with a burn guardian).
You don’t even know the usage of you class in pvp and loose to burn guardians in unranked, which is even more horrible than if you had lost vs them in ranked, yet you complain.

@Lucos: depending on the comp and enemy spec’s burn guardian is very viable and you actually see skilled players play it in tournaments (f.e. Tage from oRNG), just not as often as other specs.

Your positioning post makes absolutely no sense past the range aspect, is this some keyboard turning kitten now? I am also using Cleric’s amulet, don’t know where you are getting zerker.

My positioning post makes absolutely no sense to you, if you have no clue how melee combat works, which is apparently the case here with you. Basically what i mean is: If you position yourself at a range the burning from Zealot’s won’t affect you, as well as keep yourself behind/at the sides of the guardian, most of it’s autoattacks won’t hit you. Melee combat basics 101.

As for why i thought you were using Zerker Amulet:
1) because of the ~10k health 2) You just revealed your issue, you shouldn’t run Clerics in the first place. In this condition heavy meta, going smth like clerics on thief is absolutely useless, simply by the fact that conditions ignore toughness and the extra healing power won’t help you “outheal” them. Vitality helps alot vs conditons, simple as that.
I guess your clerics are also the reason you’re refering to “Bunker Thief”. Some classes are suited for a bunker role, thief definetely is not…accept that or not, your choice.

Hey kitten, there are build usages in PvP, not class, or are you saying burn Guardian is the same role as bunker or that hammer Warrior is the same as a shout bunker.

I think that are your main issues at combat, the rest is basically a l2p issue at your role in pvp as many pointed out already, e.g. +1’ing enemies and go for fast decaps on undefended places.

Iliaz
Team Aggression [TA]
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Lucos gave you so many points on how to avoid getting burned. You only get burned by every 5th attack (unless you trait it, which will render you as a guardian with one less condi removal) for 1 stack with the duration of 3.25 seconds. This will damage your rougly around 2k. Best option to go against a burn guardian is range (as Lucos already said more than once) and to actually be behind or the sides, so attacks won’t hit you as much as standing infront and take Zealot’s Flame/Fire, because i am pretty sure you are doing that.
Another thing is, and has been pointed out by a few people already, your build: You run a Zerker amulet you kitten, but I am pretty sure i know the reason why you took it. That is: The old Zerker amulet is now called Marauder, while the Zerker amulet now actually is full Berserker stats.
Then again Lucos already told you on which classes burn guardian works or not (while disagreeing with the GS/Hammer warrior, they are pretty killable with a burn guardian).
You don’t even know the usage of you class in pvp and loose to burn guardians in unranked, which is even more horrible than if you had lost vs them in ranked, yet you complain.

@Lucos: depending on the comp and enemy spec’s burn guardian is very viable and you actually see skilled players play it in tournaments (f.e. Tage from oRNG), just not as often as other specs.

Your positioning post makes absolutely no sense past the range aspect, is this some keyboard turning kitten now? I am also using Cleric’s amulet, don’t know where you are getting zerker.

My positioning post makes absolutely no sense to you, if you have no clue how melee combat works, which is apparently the case here with you. Basically what i mean is: If you position yourself at a range the burning from Zealot’s won’t affect you, as well as keep yourself behind/at the sides of the guardian, most of it’s autoattacks won’t hit you. Melee combat basics 101.

As for why i thought you were using Zerker Amulet:
1) because of the ~10k health 2) You just revealed your issue, you shouldn’t run Clerics in the first place. In this condition heavy meta, going smth like clerics on thief is absolutely useless, simply by the fact that conditions ignore toughness and the extra healing power won’t help you “outheal” them. Vitality helps alot vs conditons, simple as that.
I guess your clerics are also the reason you’re refering to “Bunker Thief”. Some classes are suited for a bunker role, thief definetely is not…accept that or not, your choice.

Hey kitten, there are build usages in PvP, not class, or are you saying burn Guardian is the same role as bunker or that hammer Warrior is the same as a shout bunker.

I think that are your main issues at combat, the rest is basically a l2p issue at your role in pvp as many pointed out already, e.g. +1’ing enemies and go for fast decaps on undefended places.

This Guardian you talk about is seriously kittened, please teach him how to mouse turn. Lol condition heavy meta you say but conditions are in a fine place. Doesn’t work yet I still win far more than I lose. Please teach that Guardian how to mouse turn, it’s a really basic and necessary skill before he becomes the subject of PvP balance.

in PvP

Dominik.5162

Yup, you just revealed yourself of having no clue how to fight in melee range, as well as avoiding attacks in melee range.

Iliaz
Team Aggression [TA]
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Yup, you just revealed yourself of having no clue how to fight in melee range, as well as avoiding attacks in melee range.

Hold right click in game, spin mouse all over the place, magic!

in PvP

Dominik.5162

As a thief i thought you would know how to easily get behind a enemy, apparently you lack that ability too.
Surprise! burn guardian has 0 access to swiftness. Do you know how easy it is to get behind a player who has no swiftness? Apparently not

Iliaz
Team Aggression [TA]
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

in PvP

glaphen.5230

As a thief i thought you would know how to easily get behind a enemy, apparently you lack that ability too.
Surprise! burn guardian has 0 access to swiftness. Do you know how easy it is to get behind a player who has no swiftness? Apparently not

Hold right click in game, spin mouse all over the place, magic! Tell the Guardian quickly, it will change his life.

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

As well as playing the dumbest thief build I’ve ever seen. How he manages to have. 61% win ratio is a mystery to me. His build brings absolutely nothing to the team and will be a handicap to any team comp. He runs Cleric’s amulet yet doesn’t use Shadow Refuge. He runs venoms yet doesn’t use condi amulets/runes. He uses two short bows istead of a different secondary weapon set…

Yeah no, this guy clearly has absolutely no clue what the hell he’s doing.

in PvP

Dominik.5162

Alright m8 xD I guess Locus has given up on you, I should do as he did and just leave you be, there is no point in trying to help bad players like you if they don’t even know combat basics as well as trying to defend their utterly bad build, while not knowing the class he is playing at all.

Glaphe confirmed pleb tier player!! Do not bother trying to help him guys.

Iliaz
Team Aggression [TA]
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

in PvP

glaphen.5230

As well as playing the dumbest thief build I’ve ever seen. How he manages to have. 61% win ratio is a mystery to me. His build brings absolutely nothing to the team and will be a handicap to any team comp. He runs Cleric’s amulet yet doesn’t use Shadow Refuge. He runs venoms yet doesn’t use condi amulets/runes. He uses two short bows istead of a different secondary weapon set…

Yeah no, this guy clearly has absolutely no clue what the hell he’s doing.

Yet I still have better win rate, also this was back during kittenhammer being part of solo queue and no vote system. I actually AFKd a lot of matches because that map is so horrible and I never changed my build even though it was complete kitten for the map while the enemy team had 5 Engineers. It was also back when the laser couldn’t be dodged so I would be one hit killed if I didn’t Infiltrator’s Arrow away, while people stealth pulled you off glass.

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

You mean you HAD a better win ratio than I have now, which still baffels me. You must have been incredibly lucky with your matchups.

I doubt you have a better win ratio than me now considering your pleb-tier horrible build and your total lack of understanding the game.

I mean I know you play unranked (while I play ranked) and I know your MMR is extremely low (while mine is probably high-ish) but still, even in unranked in the pleb-tier MMR league your build will still be a major handicap to any and every team comp.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

You mean you HAD a better win ratio than I have now, which still baffels me. You must have been incredibly lucky with your matchups.

I doubt you have a better win ratio than me now considering your pleb-tier horrible build and your total lack of understanding the game.

I mean I know you play unranked (while I play ranked) and I know your MMR is extremely low (while mine is probably high-ish) but still, even in unranked in the pleb-tier MMR league your build will still be a major handicap to any and every team comp.

Yep I’m sure, got super lucky for 1500 games.

in PvP

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

TFW Dhuumfire hits for 6k and guards get 16 stacks of burning in a second or so.

dis game doe.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in PvP

Posted by: xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028

xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028

@glaphen
cleric thief doesn’t make sense tho.
you have around 12k hp, if you get 7 stacks of burning you die in exactly 3 seconds.
you don’t really need a burn guard either, any decent d/d ele should be able to force you off point as well.

i understand you like to play thief as an evasive skirmisher but at least go for vitality/thoughness, healing/thoughness only works against pure power specs and even then i don’t think you would be able to outheal the pressure of a power ranger.

@LucosTheDutch
Over a lot of games the influence of unexpected things like got carried/got dc/horrible team comp ecc. keeps getting smaller and smaller.
When your spec is better but your win rate is worse (over a lot of games) it means you are less valuable to the team. Your win rate is still positive so you are not dragging the team down but you have a smaller impact on games.

61% with cleric thief back in the days of disabling shot with 0 aftercast makes sense, i suppose he could just push far, keep it contested 1v1 or 1v2 and just keep doing that all game long. even if his team mates lost mid chances are he could resist on far 1vX long enough for them to respawn. Now disabling shot leaves you vulnerable after the evasion so that strategy wouldn’t work.

(edited by xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028)

in PvP

glaphen.5230

you have around 12k hp, you get 7 stacks of burning from outside your sight, you die in exactly 3 seconds.
you don’t really need a burn guard either, any decent d/d ele should be able to force you off point as well.

i understand you like to play thief as an evasive skirmisher but at least go for vitality/thoughness, healing/thoughness doesn’t really work when you share lowest base health with eles and guards.

Please don’t tell me who was top 25 of solo queue that my build was wrong. With the Improvisation build I have around 1.2k health per second regen and around 4 seconds of invulnerability through dodges as pure regen per 10 seconds, way more sustain with the 2nd build but less fun.

in PvP

Posted by: xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028

xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028

you have around 12k hp, you get 7 stacks of burning from outside your sight, you die in exactly 3 seconds.

i understand you like to play thief as an evasive skirmisher but at least go for vitality/thoughness, healing/thoughness doesn’t really work when you share lowest base health with eles and guards.

Please don’t tell me who was top 25 of solo queue that my build was wrong. With the Improvisation build I have around 1.2k health per second regen and around 4 seconds of invulnerability through dodges as pure regen per 10 seconds, way more sustain with the 2nd build but less fun.

your build only worked because you could spam shortbow #3 and be invulnerable.
Back in the days ? apparently you made it work.
Now ? There is an aftercast. This means that you can’t do 3 3 3 3 3 weapon swap roll for initiative 3 3 3 3 3 withdraw dodge dodge 3 3 3 3 3 weapon swap because after the first 3 you get kittened.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

your build only worked because you could spam shortbow #3 and be invulnerable, now there is an aftercast. This means that you can’t do 3 3 3 3 3 weapon swap roll for initiative 3 3 3 3 3 withdraw dodge dodge 3 3 3 3 3 weapon swap because after the first 3 you get kittened.

Lol why do you think they nerfed it. Still works but now skilled people can try to time it’s .25 of second weak point, but I would have mostly used the dodge to dodge something they were already casting, also if my weapon swap comes up I can cancel the dodge at the aftercast. See I look for animations to dodge, build doesn’t work with bads at the wheel. But yes they have nerfed it hard losing around 2 dodges per 10 seconds and even nerfed Withdraw without a trait, with trait they actually buffed it. They also buffed venoms for one more hit per use, lowered steal cooldown base, made Thieves Guild a deception skill, lowered Pain Response cooldown by 10 seconds, made perma vigor easier, made Hard to Catch possible to take and not kittened. Oh and the biggest thing is they removed that kittenty trait 5 point minor that killed my build Last Refuge which would always cause me to decap if I couldn’t break stealth fast enough. Also gave me stealth revives at increased speed plus damage reduction to both.

(edited by glaphen.5230)

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

@glaphen
you have around 12k hp, if you get 7 stacks of burning you die in exactly 3 seconds.

i understand you like to play thief as an evasive skirmisher but at least go for vitality/thoughness, healing/thoughness only works against pure power specs and even then i don’t think you would be able to outheal the pressure of a power ranger.

@LucosTheDutch
Over a lot of games the influence of unexpected things like got carried/got dc/horrible team comp ecc. keeps getting smaller and smaller.
When your spec is better but your win rate is worse (over a lot of games) it means you are less valuable to the team. Your win rate is still positive so you are not dragging the team down but you have a smaller impact on games.

61% with cleric thief back in the days of disabling shot with 0 aftercast makes sense, i suppose he could just push far, keep it contested 1v1 or 1v2 and just keep doing that all game long. even if his team mates lost mid chances are he could resist on far 1vX long enough for them to respawn. Now disabling shot leaves you vulnerable after the evasion so that strategy wouldn’t work.

I play with friends often and not all of them are good. In the last 2 months my win ratio tanked from 58% to 54% because I started playing with a 5-men team of which 2 players just barely made it past rank 20 to unlock ranked arena.

I don’t mind though, because I had great fun and I love teaching my guildies and slowly see them becoming better.

But yeah, just saying, just because Glaphen used to have a higher win ratio than I currently have doesn’t mean he’s better than me. His gimmicky build and his QQing about burning convinces me that he isn’t.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

@glaphen

@LucosTheDutch

I play with friends often and not all of them are good. In the last 2 months my win ratio tanked from 58% to 54% because I started playing with a 5-men team of which 2 players just barely made it past rank 20 to unlock ranked arena.

I don’t mind though, because I had great fun and I love teaching my guildies and slowly see them becoming better.

But yeah, just saying, just because Glaphen used to have a higher win ratio than I currently have doesn’t mean he’s better than me. His gimmicky build and his QQing about burning convinces me that he isn’t.

Well my current unranked record is 56 games 40 wins.

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

Proof?

-15 char filler-

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Proof?

-15 char filler-

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

whats wrong with burning is…. nothing. its not the cause. the real problem is that anet decided to make burning stack (which is good imo) but then hurrdurr lets not change skills and traits to reflect this change.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

Proof?

-15 char filler-

Color me surprised.

Maybe you’re not as bad as I thought. Your build is still nonviable though, especially in the current meta. And your problem with burn guards is still a L2P issue, there is no way around it. But you’re probably not as bad as I thought you are.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Proof?

-15 char filler-

Color me surprised.

Maybe you’re not as bad as I thought. Your build is still nonviable though, especially in the current meta. And your problem with burn guards is still a L2P issue, there is no way around it. But you’re probably not as bad as I thought you are.

Won the last 3 games now too and I’m done for tonight, conditions are doing way too much damage either way, Esports is dead, has been since day 1, balancing around competitive 5 vs 5 would be fine if conditions weren’t broken as kitten for 99% that don’t hump a shout bunker 24/7, which is only meta because of the ridiculous condition damage.

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

Proof?

-15 char filler-

Color me surprised.

Won the last 3 games now too and I’m done for tonight, conditions are doing way too much damage either way, Esports is dead, has been since day 1, balancing around competitive 5 vs 5 would be fine if conditions weren’t broken as kitten for 99% that don’t hump a shout bunker 24/7, which is only meta because of the ridiculous condition damage.

You’re exaggerating. Until recently condi builds were really not viable in PvP aside from a terrormancer maybe.

Now we finally see some more condi play but if we look at the meta we see absolutely no real condi builds. All the condi builds are hybrid builds at best. Yes, even the burn guard you hate so much is a hybrid. 50% of their damage output is direct damage. An average burn guard will roughly put out ~90k of direct damage and ~90k of burning damage each match.

As long as we don’t get Dire amulets in PvP I’m not really that much worried about the condi meta. Yes condi mesmers and burn guards are annoying, but nothing more than just that: an annoyance. Neither the condi mesmer nor the burn guard classifies as OP in my books.

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

Proof?

-15 char filler-

WOW YOU ARE A FRAUD!!!

That screenie has been heavily tampered with using editing software. You can’t fool me.

He is lying. Those aren’t his stats. Stop wasting your time with this guy. He appears to be lonely and just want to waste your time giving him attention.

Ok people, compare his statistics to your in-game version and you will notice that his chart is smaller. Also, the background of the numbers are fuzzy. Not only that, isn’kitten weird coincidence that two of his record stats are exactly the same???

in PvP

LucosTheDutch.4819

Proof?

-15 char filler-

WOW YOU ARE A FRAUD!!!

That screenie has been heavily tampered with using editing software. You can’t fool me.

He is lying. Those aren’t his stats. Stop wasting your time with this guy. He appears to be lonely and just want to waste your time giving him attention.

Ok people, compare his statistics to your in-game version and you will notice that his chart is smaller. Also, the background of the numbers are fuzzy. Not only that, isn’kitten weird coincidence that two of his record stats are exactly the same???

I’m not sure about that. He could be a fraud. I certainly want to think he’s a fraud because I can’t imagine someone with such a terrible build and such terribly bad understanding of PvP winning 40 out of 59 matches, but it seems to be the case.

The reason his Ranked stats and Solo Queue stats are the same is because after they changed Solo Queue + Team Queue to Unranked + Ranked, all the Solo and Team Queue stats got carried over to the new Ranked stats.

Considering this guy only ever played Solo Queue and hasn’t played Ranked Queue since the change, it makes sense that his Solo Queue and Ranked Queue stats are the same.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

LMAO not all stubborn and hard headed people are fraudulent.
Maybe you have an older account that lists solo and team queue separately.

Anyway….burning underpowered, pls buff burning

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

im stunned you play that build. i actually dont know what to say.

not surprised you loose to burn guard

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Proof?

-15 char filler-

WOW YOU ARE A FRAUD!!!

I play on 1024×768 resolution on a 1920×1080 monitor so yeah. A year ago there was no unranked, there was only hot join, ranked solo queue and a ranked team queue that you could join solo.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Wow, I didn’t know there was a forums war here :O

I remember Glaphen when he was playing around top 50-25 before the new queue system. He’s actually a very good player. People may doubt his Cleric thief, but it’s actually very strong. It has the damage of about 70% of a Zerker thief, but a sustain of a bunker Guardian.

It took a lot of effort to kill him. Most of the time I saw people having trouble because they didn’t expect a thief running around with shortbow to have that kind of sustain. Also, don’t say that his opponents were bad. We were matched against the top 100 at that time.

Disclaimer: not a friend of Glaphe, and I don’t expect him to know me either.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Shhhhhhh…

L2Play

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I remember Glaphen when he was playing around top 50-25 before the new queue system. He’s actually a very good player. People may doubt his Cleric thief, but it’s actually very strong. It has the damage of about 70% of a Zerker thief, but a sustain of a bunker Guardian.

It took a lot of effort to kill him. Most of the time I saw people having trouble because they didn’t expect a thief running around with shortbow to have that kind of sustain. Also, don’t say that his opponents were bad. We were matched against the top 100 at that time.

And yet, he’s struggling against burn guardians while most others here are doing just fine against them. Maybe he shouldn’t believe that he can beat everything, but that appears to be the argument here. What’s next after burn guard?

in PvP

glaphen.5230

And yet, he’s struggling against burn guardians while most others here are doing just fine against them. Maybe he shouldn’t believe that he can beat everything, but that appears to be the argument here. What’s next after burn guard?

Whatever else is broken, as I said multiple times Esports is dead and balancing around competitive 5 vs 5 would be fine if the majority of the games weren’t broken random vs randoms and premade vs randoms that don’t have 24/7 access to bunker shout builds and transfer Necromancers brought specifically to balance broken conditions. As I wrote in the other thread where are all the reflect Mesmers to counter the Killshot Warriors.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Whatever else is broken, as I said multiple times Esports is dead and balancing around competitive 5 vs 5 would be fine if the majority of the games weren’t broken random vs randoms and premade vs randoms that don’t have 24/7 access to bunker shout builds and transfer Necromancers brought specifically to balance broken conditions.

Signet Necro was brought in for several reasons but to “specifically counter meta condition builds or teams” (there is no meta condi teams) was not the top reasons as to why.

Abjured ran Signet Necro because they are great 1v1 builds, specifically, they’re able to soft counter the infamously strong “uncounterable” Cele D/D Ele. Sig Necros can bunk a point long enough to receive help, they can soft-counter other bunker builds with currupt boon and lastly, they offer team supportive attributes by pulling allies conditions to the necro then transfering these team wide conditions to enemies.

Strong 1v1, self-sustaining, and moderate team supportive abilities. Soft countering condi teams is just an added bonus… condi teams have never been an issue in Tournament play PvP.

The game isn’t Esportd because:

• It’s difficult for newbie players to understand the metagame – knowing their own build as well as 7 other builds in the game. If the metagame changes, they have to relearn these team comps all over again.
  • Knowing strategic map rotations through map awareness. It probably took me until PvP lvl 30-40 (when it was hard reaching these lvls) to learn proper map rotations without TS or mapchat.
  • High skill cap. Some players are simply better at playing their class than others.
  • Finally, finding 5 other players who can not just do the above, but are able to form a syncronized team and aren’t quick to disband when a few games are lost. Jumping from team to team is as fast as Mobas.

The game isn’t Esports because the learning curve is incredibly high. Veteran players are starting to coach the newer players who are trying PvP competitively, something that’s never really been seen before previously.

As I wrote in the other thread where are all the reflect Mesmers to counter the Killshot Warriors.

Mesmers are not the reason why Killshot Warriors are removed from meta… once you realize they’re a high burst rifle build, it’s easy for any class to soft-counter them. Not to mention these Warriors never did all that great in team fights (never met a good Rifle War that lasted long enough to be effective).

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

abc.5790

Shhhhhhh…

L2Play

wotm8fitemenvmafkqq

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Shhhhhhh…

L2Play

wotm8fitemenvmafkqq

You have mail

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

abc.5790

Shhhhhhh…

L2Play

wotm8fitemenvmafkqq

You have mail

Wow so generous. I give you super secret tip

When you order fries at ANY fast food joint – Always request NO SALT on the fries.

I guarantee you will receive a hot, fresh, crisp batch instead of the soggy stuff that’s been sitting around for a while. Try it during slow hours. or anytime

….and when you finally receive your order, ask for a few packets of salt. LMAO

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: AgitatedFox.5287

AgitatedFox.5287

Are people really still complaining about burning?

I have only died a handful of times due to intense burning and I’m like “fair play”. It’s just another way to kill someone which is extremely preventable.

Condi’s, especially burning it seems, are part of the meta now and hopefully always will be. It’s definitely not Overpowered, it’s just strong.

Ranger Danger!