What sort of new modes & maps would you like?

in PvP

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

I am pretty bored with Gw2 pvp as I am sick of running around doing conquest on the same maps we have had for years. And while I don’t mind stronghold, at the moment, that particular map and it’s mechanics are horribly flawed.

I don;t understand why a company that really wants to push it’s pvp and even gives out large cash prizes for pvp competitions is so lethargic and/or reluctant to offer new maps or modes?

If you look at something like GTA online. There are around 20 different pvp modes. Admitedly not all can be applied to gw2’s setting, but why no deathmatch, last man standing, capture the flag, defend th base, etc etc etc? There are so MANY different things they could do, yet the tap continually runs dry. Even SWTOR has a MUCH larger variety of modes and maps, yet in no way are they pushing pvp anywhere enar as much as arenanet is.

As far as maps, I’d like to see something that didn’t revolve around killing an npc or some other predictable mechanic to gain points.

Whatever they do, I hope they offer at least something NEW and not the same tired reworks of existing maps and modes

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Id like to see new gamemodes like team deathmatch, capture the flag(with no invis) but with maps i think the best thing to say is keep it simple…people dont like gimmicks or pve in pvp

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

I would like to see a 10v10 gamemode in GW2. In large part, I think it is what this game is missing. We have small scale 5v5 and we have massive scale WvW. In 5v5, individual skill is massively important whereas in WvW individual skill is almost insignificant.

A 10v10 gamemode could fix that, it would be the middle ground. Where individual skill would still be significant but not enough to decide matches if 1 or 2 players happen to be new to pvp. It could work as the stepping stone to pvp, where skill threshold is much smaller. It could also work as a real Guild vs Guild mode.

I remember back in GW1, my favorite gamemodes were Alliance Battles and GvG. AB was a 12v12 (3 parties of 4 to a side) kind of mode where you fought over 5 points that were each protected by 2 NPCs when they were capped.

GvG was an 8v8 gamemode where people fought in the large Guild Hall map. In GW1, the GH map had a prebuilt enemy base for hosting GvG. The goal was to kill the enemy lord after punching through some serious defenses.

These are basically conquest and stronghold respectfully but what matters is the scale. AB for example had a very small skill cap, new guys could easily drop in to the less competitive matches and just tail a more experienced player. It was good training for the more serious arena type 4v4 pvp. (Which I personally never got into)

The same principle works in other games too(WoW Battlegrounds…), why not GW2?

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Mitch.4781

a last man standing around a restricted version of rata sum would be great. They coudl use a lot of existing landscapes for new modes.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

suggesting 10v10 on this forum is like trying to convince tribals to stop killing each other and work together. people will throw up their hands and say “ohh if you want that go to wvw, omg a spamfest youre noob, large scale pvp is for no skill pvers”. theyll never understand what its about because theyre set in their ways.

that said, i think its a great idea :D. i think there would be a few tweaks necessary for the maps but all in all i think it would be really popular.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Deathmatch and capture the flag are 2 modes that should definitely be included. For DM they could use Courtyard and the conquest maps.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Quozex.9430

Quozex.9430

Rated Arena 1v1/2v2/3v3.

Warsong Gulch style capture the flag.

in PvP

Mitch.4781

Deathmatch and capture the flag are 2 modes that should definitely be included. For DM they could use Courtyard and the conquest maps.

Well courtyard was tiny and imagination free but deathmatch itself would be good.

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Separated Random and Team arenas

Automated series of 5v5 deathmatches.

Some maps will have respawns at set intervals (with priests that need to be killed to stop the respawns) …otherwise your teammates need to res.

Winning teams move on to face another team… losing teams are disbanded and sent back to the lobby.

Getting ten consecutive victories with your RA team awards a black lion key and progresses you to TA… ten consecutive victories in TA awards a black lion key, and you are sent back to the lobby.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

in PvP

Posted by: Schizotypy.8059

Schizotypy.8059

A straight out deathmatch mode. More than half my games are people trying to kill the other team rather than doing any of the objectives.

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

Considering the amount of people that go into Conquest, ignore the objectives and just focus on killing the enemy players, I’d very much welcome a team deathmatch mode back into the game.

I’ve voiced my opinion on AB from Gw1 a few times. I’d LOVE Gw2 to have something like the AB. The 5v5 small Conquest mode, can sometimes get a bit stressful, so it’d nice to unwind with something like AB.