What teams will be in the WTS Qualifers?

in PvP

Posted by: Beast.6745

Beast.6745

What teams are in? Follow up question..how would you seed them?

HURRICANE PATRICIA

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

The same teams with the same seeding because the competitive scene is tiny and there is 0 population growth!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

1. Abjured
  2. Dodge or die
  3. Tha Dankening
  4. Ellusive
  5. Literally Whatever

At the moment Abjured is undefeated so they are #1 and not even close.
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for Dodge or Die

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

The same teams with the same seeding because the competitive scene is tiny and there is 0 population growth!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Well said.

I’ve been telling these developers how to improve on that for a good while too.
The only thing they listened too was get rid of solo arena and combine it into 1, but you still have unranked, pointless thing.

If people practice in unranked rather than “practice, regular server” whets point of practice servers then? I see of it, more as get rid of unranked.

The developers seem very indecisive as what they want to do.
Went from paid tournaments, to this and that, to this and that.
I expect it will change again in the next year.

Successful companies normally stick with the original idea.
Lemme tell you, hotjoins were fun back then.
Lemme tell you, paid tournaments felt more intense back then (more reason to win because something was on the line, you lose you gotta get your paid ticket again, it wasn’t just keep doing it over and over, grinding)

This new system reminds me of the QP system, which was a grind too, unsure why they didn’t just make it QP again.

But when they implemented solo que, that just ruined the competitive scene. Too many people with solo only mindset. Also, theres not enough reason to win right now too. Theres no ticket to do ranked. If there was, there’d be a lil more incentive to win, because you don’t have to do other games to get it back.

Also, doesn’t really matter whose gonna be in this WTS.
Like a week or 2 ago, someone said Abjured won last 11 weeks undefeated. I assume they haven’t been beaten, so those guys will be going to the WTS. Everybody else doesn’t even matter because its no contest.

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

1. Abjured
  2. Dodge or die
  3. Tha Dankening
  4. Ellusive
  5. Literally Whatever

nope.

1. Abjured
2. DoD
3. Radioactive
4. Tha Dankening (tied) (higher placement in esl tournies)
5. AG (tied)
6. Literally Whatever
7. Boreal eSports
8. Hero Battle Tactics

in order of seeding aswell.

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

(edited by masskillerxploit.2165)

in PvP

Posted by: Wintersnight.3061

Wintersnight.3061

What teams are in? Follow up question..how would you seed them?

No one really cares. It’s boring. You either run the same Cele team that the abjured run and try to win the boring sustain game, or play for 2nd place. Watching DoD vs The Dankening is fun to watch…mistakes are crushed and games sway on those mistakes or poor leadership. But when it comes to the finals, the sustain is so forgiving to mistakes – you know it’s over before it begins.

Every week I feel like Lucy and the football in the Charlie Brown cartoon. I thought finely someone can beat the sustain. Dodge or Die got close in Legacy mid ( a burst friendly map), then couldn’t beat the sustain and got 3 capped.

Cindy Lou Who, Retired Ranger
Quinn Wintersnight, Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Wahoo! Bye frands!

But arena’s would fix that, right? /s

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

ArrDee.2573

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Actually yes! Smaller teams means more teams! Arenas would bring more people to play! Arenas are more competitive than conquest!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Actually yes! Smaller teams means more teams! Arenas would bring more people to play! Arenas are more competitive than conquest!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

One track mind. lol

However, larger rosters = more places for people and probably more teams. DUCY?

It would be nice for arenas to happen, but trolling every thread about it is zzz

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I don’t think arenas would fix it, but I do think leagues would fix it.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in PvP

ArrDee.2573

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

One track mind. lol

However, larger rosters = more places for people and probably more teams. DUCY?

It would be nice for arenas to happen, but trolling every thread about it is zzz

My frand I am not trolling every thread! I am just responding to something directed at me! And we have large rosters now! Where do you see more people or more teams! Crazy! The competitive scene has been the same for years! Tiny!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

1. Abjured
  2. Dodge or die
  3. Tha Dankening
  4. Ellusive
  5. Literally Whatever

nope.

1. Abjured
2. DoD
3. Radioactive
4. Tha Dankening (tied) (higher placement in esl tournies)
5. AG (tied)
6. Literally Whatever
7. Boreal eSports
8. Hero Battle Tactics

in order of seeding aswell.

This. Double elim too, so it should be interesting for that second spot.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

No one really cares. It’s boring. You either run the same Cele team that the abjured run and try to win the boring sustain game, or play for 2nd place.

This week at the Go4: Both teams run Thief. Both teams run a Cele Engi roamer. Both teams run two Cele pointholders. DoD Runs DPS Ele and Abjured runs Condi Necro

DPS Ele Sustain > Condi Necro sustain.

You are actually wrong, there is no way that Abjured can be construed to be running a higher sustain comp than DoD. Especially because DoD brings a Battle Standard elite. Confirmed you just associate winning with cheesing, ‘sustain’, and meta abuse, while you don’t really know what either team is doing well. Kappa.

Dodge or Die got close in Legacy mid ( a burst friendly map), then couldn’t beat the sustain and got 3 capped.

Actually, it was more like: DoD played extremely well, and aggressive, starting to snowball hard, early game, and then Abjured played extremely aggressive and snowballed harder, late game.

#Public enemy #1

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

No one really cares. It’s boring. You either run the same Cele team that the abjured run and try to win the boring sustain game, or play for 2nd place.

This week at the Go4: Both teams run Thief. Both teams run a Cele Engi roamer. Both teams run two Cele pointholders. DoD Runs DPS Ele and Abjured runs Condi Necro

You are actually wrong, there is no way that Abjured can be construed to be running a higher sustain comp than DoD. Especially because DoD brings a Battle Standard elite. Confirmed you just associate winning with cheesing, ‘sustain’, and meta abuse, while you don’t really know what either team is doing well. Kappa.

Dodge or Die got close in Legacy mid ( a burst friendly map), then couldn’t beat the sustain and got 3 capped.

Actually, it was more like: DoD played extremely well, and aggressive, starting to snowball hard, early game, and then Abjured played extremely aggressive and snowballed harder, late game.

#Public enemy #1

Dunno. At least on EU I don’t really see anybody running with more than 3 celes. My team plays with only one celes class and we can still compete.

People should probably drop this AMGLAMESUSTAINCHEESE argument at this point anyways. I’m not a fan of celestial either and I would love to see it just getting deleted or something but I really don’t see the point of complaining about teamcomps. Not like they couldn’t just play it themselfes if they think they have to do so to win. :<

Bullet Punch

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I don’t think arenas would fix it, but I do think leagues would fix it.

/s = sarcasm

I wouldn’t mind arena’s, just to satisfy the crowd. Just like I wouldn’t mind the DM that the WvW GvG crowd is asking for.

However, from a dev perspective I’d see quite a few problems. Population issues, resource spread to thin, balance issues, etc.

But I agree, we still need leagues. This would provide us with a competitive (ingame) rewarding infrastructure, where time and skill are rewarded. It would also alleviate some of the queueing woes as it would hardfilter (I guess?) people in those leagues.
But I still can’t see how we can have a solid league structure when teams/solo’s are in one queue.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

This thread has kind of gone off topic, but I’ll answer the OP anyways! I’m still sorting out some last minute logistic stuff with a few of the teams which is why I’ve held off on posting the brackets. On Friday I’ll be posting a full preview, including brackets.

North America has had all eight teams confirm and lock in, so I don’t mind revealing the them:

The Abjured
The Hail Mary (Formerly Dodge or Die)
Radioactive
Academy Gaming
The Dankening
Literally Whatever
Boreal Esports
Hero Battle Tactics

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

That 2v2 3v3 arena hype?
Hell no,
don’t waste your time on that garbage developers.
5v5 is already tiny enough.
You have over a million player base and people aren’t interested, its not because of team size, because it doesn’t have the competitive feeling towards it. You need to make this game feel competitive and fun. Like it did when it originally came out.

People just quit, because it took you guys too long to actually get leaderboards and actual tournaments, also because you kept making changes to make it less competitive and fun. Like enforcing everything to be on a win or lose bases. ‘ya get your points on win or loss, no more fun, too much serious is not fun’.

BTW,
that list looks just like the ESL list.
lemme tell ya abjured won the last 11 or so WEEKS straight, don’t think they lost a game either. shows how big this competitive game is and how serious other teams are.
Like I told other teams, they GOTTA get rid of the weak links.
Too bad if your buddy plays, if you want to win… STRONG players only on a team.

Think of it like a job, you have friends, but work and friends don’t mix.
When it comes to work, aka winning, you get rid of those losers/weak links. You want your business to be successful as it can be. Strong links only.

Speaking of which, you know why I don’t consider these teams, for example, Abjured a guild, even though they are a tiny guild?
Because they don’t let people in, they aren’t trying to get people and better the ‘guild’. Its just a fad.
Like say DoD, if they was really a guild, they’d have like 40 people they think is good, and do actual tryouts and of those 40 people they’d bring it down to the top 5 and go from there.
But since DoD isn’t a guild and only has like 8 or so members, barely even hiring because they think they know all the good players and nobody left or whatever there reason, they wont get any better. There 8 people bring it down to the top 5 isn’t as good as 40 people pool and bringing it down to the top 5.

I don’t know how many people GASM has, or if they still active and around, but I’m actually surprised they haven’t even entered into any tournaments especially when I do see them, they are trying to get a community of PvP’ers together (only people I see do this).

Back in the days, I think Being OP is hard was one of the guilds of PvP that actually had a good amount of players. That would make me consider them an actual PvP guild. Too bad they aren’t active anymore, I respected them, they had good players too.

Truth be told, I’m sure more people know of GASM over radioactive and DoD. I wouldn’t be surprised if more people know of GASM than they do of Abjured too. Most people that know of those teams other than GASM are people that frequent the forums.

GASM dueling server is usually at the top of the custom arena list too.
I’ve never really heard about radioactive or dod until I actually went out of my way to see what the top teams are. never heard of abjured until the wts, haven’t really heard of them since, all I know is they win esl, just because I go to the forums.

GASM is like everywhere, or use to be. see them in games, there server at top of custom arena, that guy hiring top pvp’ers. other guilds/teams… crickets.

Probably why you get so low of people watching these games, because nobody even knows of those guilds.
I could goto a populated zone and ask whos the best pvp team, probably get 1 or 2 answers if any out of 200 or 300 people whatever the max is.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

A million players? lol

On topic: Grats to all those teams.

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

A million players? lol

On topic: Grats to all those teams.

A million players is nothing today.
Its not like 10 years ago.

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Ramble ramble

What pool size of players you’re picked from has approximately 0% to do with how good a player you are.. UberKingKong I hope your GASM senpais notice you, and you can find happiness.

If being a large open guild instead of a small closed guild actually gave a competitive advantage to a 5v5 team, maybe people would actually do it.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

there are a lot of people in gasm but the vast majority are not very good, although several of their members do form teams occasionally that do decently

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: Wintersnight.3061

Wintersnight.3061

#Public enemy #1

I didn’t say anything about cheese or abuse or anything like that. I said that watching the 2 Cele ele + 1 Cele Engi is boring to watch. and it is. also, I said that a lot of other people don’t like watching it either…and they dont. People watching the matches have dropped…it’s boring. 2 dps/ 3 sustain is boring to watch.

If you can’t admit that 2 cele ele / engi is a better sustain than the war/engi/ele sustain, then ok

And it wasn’t your aggressive play that won that mid fight, Muffins made 1 little mistake and left the fight to go decap far, leaving a 3 (zoose was rezzing too) v 4 while Toker was rezzing….so they didn’t have any dps…but because you have better sustain and both eles had 9 to 12 stacks of might throughout, DoD got wiped.

2 Cele Eles and 1 Engi have better sustain and power/condis then other sustain classes. If there were better options, your team would be running it.

You are a sustain team to say anything else is belittling your accomplishments. You’re team isn’t a bunker team or a glass team…it is built around sustaining your teammates and whittling down the other team as you build up your might stacks and keep weakness on them with Poison blasting by 4 different players with CDs on those blasts in the teens.

Cindy Lou Who, Retired Ranger
Quinn Wintersnight, Guardian

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

#Public enemy #1

I didn’t say anything about cheese or abuse or anything like that. I said that watching the 2 Cele ele + 1 Cele Engi is boring to watch. and it is. also, I said that a lot of other people don’t like watching it either…and they dont. People watching the matches have dropped…it’s boring. 2 dps/ 3 sustain is boring to watch.

If you can’t admit that 2 cele ele / engi is a better sustain than the war/engi/ele sustain, then ok

And it wasn’t your aggressive play that won that mid fight, Muffins made 1 little mistake and left the fight to go decap far, leaving a 3 (zoose was rezzing too) v 4 while Toker was rezzing….so they didn’t have any dps…but because you have better sustain and both eles had 9 to 12 stacks of might throughout, DoD got wiped.

2 Cele Eles and 1 Engi have better sustain and power/condis then other sustain classes. If there were better options, your team would be running it.

You are a sustain team to say anything else is belittling your accomplishments. You’re team isn’t a bunker team or a glass team…it is built around sustaining your teammates and whittling down the other team as you build up your might stacks and keep weakness on them with Poison blasting by 4 different players with CDs on those blasts in the teens.

You are wrong. The viewers have been higher since expansion pack announcement, and were fairly predictable before the announcement.

I suspect the people complaining about celestial comped teams being boring to watch never endured the meta before the current one.

in PvP

Posted by: hehk.8705

hehk.8705

1. Abjured
2. DoD
3. Radioactive
4. The Dankening (tied) (higher placement in esl tournies)
5. AG (tied)
6. Literally Whatever
7. Boreal eSports
8. Hero Battle Tactics

If this follows standard single elim tourney rules (I have not checked) the semi-finals will be Abjured vs the Dankening and Radioactive vs DoD. Meaning that Abjured and DoD will most likely be going to Boston.

The seeding seems unfair though because DoD had an almost complete roster change, if I am not mistaken, they should be a much lower seed.

Curie is my smooth Australian sensei.

in PvP

Chaith.8256

People watching the matches have dropped…it’s boring. 2 dps/ 3 sustain is boring to watch.

Well, that’s your opinion and I respect that. Let’s look back to the old Hambow & Spirit Ranger bruiser meta. They actually didn’t have any problem in fighting prolonged sustained 1v1 fights on side nodes, and there was plenty of revive utilities being taken to sustain teamfights, which players could last a long time in. And, do you think full bunker Guardians that used to get taken are more fun to watch than Eles in 1v1s and 2v2s?

If you answered yes to either of these, you might need to watch some VODs. The pacing of the game, especially the number of huge team wipes, and turn arounds, has increased. People are running more aggressive comps than ever, more deaths are happening than ever. Overall viewership is not based on the things that you perceive to be boring.

We have been practicing Wakkey on Warrior all the time. And it’s absolute not any less noticeable group sustain than a second Ele. Warrior is a step down in 1vX survivability from the Ele, but it’s strengths lie elsewhere. Shouts and Battle Standard snatch back fights from the brink of hell and prolong it. The very definition of sustain. It’s absolutely comparable.

And with that, Warrior is proven to be always inferior to Ele. Because the The Abjured run Ele over Warrior. Haha, my sides. You give the Abjured too much blind credit, and don’t look at the facts enough.

Sorry but, if Wakkey was maining Warrior, The Abjured would absolutely be competitive. Fights would not end faster. And what is your point even, that Warrior isn’t as integral to being a sustain comp…. so that’s why Abjured is a Sustain comp and DoD isn’t? Because you know that’s crazy talk, son, I don’t have to point that out. What are you making a point of then?

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

That 2v2 3v3 arena hype?
Hell no,
don’t waste your time on that garbage developers.
5v5 is already tiny enough.
You have over a million player base and people aren’t interested, its not because of team size, because it doesn’t have the competitive feeling towards it. You need to make this game feel competitive and fun. Like it did when it originally came out.

People just quit, because it took you guys too long to actually get leaderboards and actual tournaments, also because you kept making changes to make it less competitive and fun. Like enforcing everything to be on a win or lose bases. ‘ya get your points on win or loss, no more fun, too much serious is not fun’.

BTW,
that list looks just like the ESL list.
lemme tell ya abjured won the last 11 or so WEEKS straight, don’t think they lost a game either. shows how big this competitive game is and how serious other teams are.
Like I told other teams, they GOTTA get rid of the weak links.
Too bad if your buddy plays, if you want to win… STRONG players only on a team.

Think of it like a job, you have friends, but work and friends don’t mix.
When it comes to work, aka winning, you get rid of those losers/weak links. You want your business to be successful as it can be. Strong links only.

Speaking of which, you know why I don’t consider these teams, for example, Abjured a guild, even though they are a tiny guild?
Because they don’t let people in, they aren’t trying to get people and better the ‘guild’. Its just a fad.
Like say DoD, if they was really a guild, they’d have like 40 people they think is good, and do actual tryouts and of those 40 people they’d bring it down to the top 5 and go from there.
But since DoD isn’t a guild and only has like 8 or so members, barely even hiring because they think they know all the good players and nobody left or whatever there reason, they wont get any better. There 8 people bring it down to the top 5 isn’t as good as 40 people pool and bringing it down to the top 5.

I don’t know how many people GASM has, or if they still active and around, but I’m actually surprised they haven’t even entered into any tournaments especially when I do see them, they are trying to get a community of PvP’ers together (only people I see do this).

Back in the days, I think Being OP is hard was one of the guilds of PvP that actually had a good amount of players. That would make me consider them an actual PvP guild. Too bad they aren’t active anymore, I respected them, they had good players too.

Truth be told, I’m sure more people know of GASM over radioactive and DoD. I wouldn’t be surprised if more people know of GASM than they do of Abjured too. Most people that know of those teams other than GASM are people that frequent the forums.

GASM dueling server is usually at the top of the custom arena list too.
I’ve never really heard about radioactive or dod until I actually went out of my way to see what the top teams are. never heard of abjured until the wts, haven’t really heard of them since, all I know is they win esl, just because I go to the forums.

GASM is like everywhere, or use to be. see them in games, there server at top of custom arena, that guy hiring top pvp’ers. other guilds/teams… crickets.

Probably why you get so low of people watching these games, because nobody even knows of those guilds.
I could goto a populated zone and ask whos the best pvp team, probably get 1 or 2 answers if any out of 200 or 300 people whatever the max is.

Your posts, make me wanna tear my eyes out, and stomp on them.

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

1. Abjured
2. DoD
3. Radioactive
5. AG (tied)
6. Literally Whatever
7. Boreal eSports
8. Hero Battle Tactics

If this follows standard single elim tourney rules (I have not checked) the semi-finals will be Abjured vs the Dankening and Radioactive vs DoD. Meaning that Abjured and DoD will most likely be going to Boston.

The seeding seems unfair though because DoD had an almost complete roster change, if I am not mistaken, they should be a much lower seed.

It’s double elim.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Double elim.

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

1. Abjured
2. DoD
3. Radioactive
5. AG (tied)
6. Literally Whatever
7. Boreal eSports
8. Hero Battle Tactics

To be fair, if there was proper seeding based on game scores against Abjured and other results, they may deserve the second seed.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Hard keeping up with top pvp teams now adays and seeing what their rank is. Is there a stream for these things, or a site I can view?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

Hard keeping up with top pvp teams now adays and seeing what their rank is. Is there a stream for these things, or a site I can view?

http://play.eslgaming.com/guildwars2/global/

There should be some rankings in there if you navigate.