What the flying fork are eles supposed to do?

in PvP

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Verses the neverending condi spam, fear spam, and hammer spam.
Our condition damage is horrible in comparison.

Using the most possible bunker I can use. Trying all the rune combinations.

I don’t care if my damage is horrible, I just want to have a chance at being bunker, but I’m being loaded with condis and cc’d around like a pinball. Can’t use ether renewal without stab because it’s slow as all hell, and the enemy can see the cast.

We all know eles are the garbage class, and I’m not new to the class. I don’t play other classes at all, despite getting them to 80. The whole time I’m like “I can’t dodge. I can’t move. I can’t heal.” All the while watching people walk out of all my cc’s. I’ve used every amulet, rune set, and mostly always energy sigil. Every weapon set. Right now I’m practicing with 0/0/30/20/20 with staff in lieu of the upcoming patch.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Asking an ele to be a bunker is like asking a thief to bunker. They can be ok at it, but it isn’t their purpose.

Try a GC staff ele for fun sometime. Highest burst in the game, but you will die incredibly fast as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Mythoryk.7984

Mythoryk.7984

If you really want to bunker with ele… it’s about sc/d. Maintaining Rock Barrier and Frost Aura are great for damage reduction, Cleansing Wave is a great secondary heal, Soothing Disruption with triple Cantrips is really useful and in combination with Elemental Attunement, you’ve basically constant regen. Spamming Blinding Flash and Dust Devil is important to your survivability. Sigil of Energy for attunement swaps is a necessity. Utilizing Earthquake and Updraft at clutch moments is vital, as well. You can utilize your Ice Elemental from Glyph of Elementals as a secondary heal. However, the absolute most important thing for the build to really survive well, is constant use of skills for Signet of Restoration. (Consider this your Healing Signet – never use it.) Cycle through your attunements and always have a skill in motion.

Here’s the set-up if you’d like to try it:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJArYhcMacW4wyBd0AA5BMnwyoQIlH4MjNA-TcAgzEGpMyZkxIpRWjA

The build will only become more viable after the patch on the 15th with the use of Runes of the Monk, Sigils of Benevolence and Aquatic Benevolence – you’ll support the damage supporting you at a main fight more abundantly, improving your survivability. It’s a fun build, but you have to be really familiar with all 25 of your available skills.

Mythoryk: (Sorrow’s Furnace)
Guild: [CoSA]

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

If you want to try to play mid-bunker, you have to give up on damage pretty much completely. Guardian mid-bunker isn’t built for damage, its there to stay on point, condi-cleanse, and secure stomps in team-fights. Ele mid-bunker isn’t as effective, but can do o.k. by giving heals, cleanses, cc, secure stomps, and even get a decap. You have to learn to use your skills to survive while staying on point, and learn when to dodge.

Tips:
-When immobed, swap to fire and use burning retreat as a free 1s of no damage.
- Use your cc’s effectively to keep space from your enemies and give reprieve.
- Use magnetic aura effectively
-Gust is excellent for making space, followed by a cc/immob to get more space
-swap to earth for stab to get rock solid off
-use earth-swap to give team-mates stab while stomping

This is one of the best versions of mid-bunker I have had success with. It’s not great, but a variation could compete with guardians after 4/15 (they get less vigor, we get a second sigil – intelligence – to proc vigor more reliably as well as more cleanses by taking 30 water over 30 arcane):
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQFAWhMM6ZW5wwBr0AARhLmMUEyIlH5MjNA-TkAg2CrI+R9j7HzPyfs/M+A

A less solo-bunker build that provides more team support is chubbz’s (this might not be exact). This build can survive on its own pretty well, but is best by supporting in team-fights:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQFAWhMM6aW0wnBd0AA5hLmwyoQIlH5MjNA-TkAgzCqIuRdj7GzNybs3M+A

Note: casting glyph or renewal in fire, even without a target, right before dying will give you the “res self on down” capability that is really useful. Glyph of ele power spreads out a good amount of weakness. All the sources of regen really help out your team with cleanses (although less so with the current icd on cleansing water, which is getting removed 4/15).

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

staff ele can only be extremly good when enemy team doesnt have a thief or a necro

in PvP

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Some interesting replies. I’ll try that settler rune one. Looks fun. More my style than glyphs. I prefer bunker over burst. Always have. That’s why I hate all the d/d nerfs. Staff is still enjoyable to me. For now. In wvw I run 20/10/0/10/30 with staff and survive quite easily with triple cantrip.

P.S. thx

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in PvP

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

A poem has verses, versus versus meaning versus.

in PvP

Posted by: Arcturus.8109

Arcturus.8109

Oh, yes, ele sucks, but look at the great traits you get in Teh Feature Patch! Just look!
- Fire trait that has global CD on blind, not per target!
- Water trait that doesn’t affect you healing to yourself!
- Earth trait that doesn’t work with lingering elements!
- Arcana trait that has global cd of 10 sec (not per attunement) on laughable boons!
- AIr trait that deals mediocre damage and applies 4 sec of weakness with already very rare ele’s interrups!
Look how cool all this stuff is! #eleapocalypse! No +1000 healing power or -50% damage can be compared to these avatars of superior defence on your 10800 hp/900 toughness juggernaut! Hooray to a-net, good yob!

Just delete ele already or play it only in pve/wvw.

(edited by Arcturus.8109)

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

my view for ele bunkers,
its much easier to cap a point once everything on it is dead!
play glassy, melt everything, take the point

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Wait till the feature patch.

Elementalist will be broken as bunkers.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

You are supposed to die Mr/Mrs/Miss Ele…

(said in a slightly sinister voice, while stroking a pure white cat, obviously)

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Verses the neverending condi spam, fear spam, and hammer spam.
Our condition damage is horrible in comparison.

Using the most possible bunker I can use. Trying all the rune combinations.

I don’t care if my damage is horrible, I just want to have a chance at being bunker, but I’m being loaded with condis and cc’d around like a pinball. Can’t use ether renewal without stab because it’s slow as all hell, and the enemy can see the cast.

We all know eles are the garbage class, and I’m not new to the class. I don’t play other classes at all, despite getting them to 80. The whole time I’m like “I can’t dodge. I can’t move. I can’t heal.” All the while watching people walk out of all my cc’s. I’ve used every amulet, rune set, and mostly always energy sigil. Every weapon set. Right now I’m practicing with 0/0/30/20/20 with staff in lieu of the upcoming patch.

Hammer..Spamm.. ? Hamm has a cd of 12/12/20/30/ES on 10…. you can’t “Spamm” that….