What the *** is wrong with pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: ValeV.4875

ValeV.4875

We just started playing some team matches like everynight, but there are lots of problems (we know how bad anet is at fixing new stuff). For instance, what’s wrong with loading screens? I mean, maps are not big, why is it even there? But now, loading takes like 3 times more. Seriosly, how can you kitten up such thing?

(I’m currently really mad, sorry for all those “bad” words)

in PvP

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

+1 pvp and pve map take 10 more time then before

in PvP

Posted by: Zacchaeed.2834

Zacchaeed.2834

Get a better computer.

Tarnished Coast
Zacchaeed – Warrior | Alfvaldr – Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Get a better computer.

Map loading after respawn is much longer during a match. Before it was basically instant for me.

3470k 4.3OC, SSD and Geforce gtx660. Not bleeding edge but still fairly new. Something is fishy here and “Get a better computer” I doubt is the holy solution.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

Get a better computer.

Not helpful. The recent patch significantly increased loading screen times especially on Legacy of the Foefire.

in PvP

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

Get a better computer.

My computer worked perfectly fine with little to no loading times before this patch. I’m not going to buy a new computer because the game abruptly got 100x longer loading times.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

My load times have always been high. My friends were higher. He got a solid state and now he loads almost instantly. Might be time for me to upgrade

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Cosine.7841

Cosine.7841

/agree with Celebratty

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

My load times have always been high. My friends were higher. He got a solid state and now he loads almost instantly. Might be time for me to upgrade

I’ve had an SSD for months, and this change is very obviously and very definitely the patch. I went from .5s loading screens to 5-10s loading screens.

There’s also random server latency. My ping runs between 50-90, with some 100ms spikes – it averages around 65ms. In multiple games today, I’ve watched a .2-.4 second lapse between the button I pressed, and my character performing said skill. It basically makes the game unplayable – I can’t interrupt heals, I can’t dodge big swings, etc etc etc. It’s annoying to screw up and get hit by an eviscerate or a shatter, but that’s ultimately my fault – it’s absolutely infuriating to eat that same ability because I’m using an ability I pressed nearly half a second ago instead of the dodge I’ve timed correctly.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Loading screen needs to be fixed!

You die in a tpvp/solo arena and you wait 15s to revive and then another 10 to finish loading screen.

Just another noob thief…

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

It must be some bug. I have a very fast computer. Before patch my “loading” times on respawn were pretty much instant. There was no loading actually. Now I need to wait like 10 seconds or so after I press the ress button.

in PvP

Posted by: Legacy.7360

Legacy.7360

Noticed a slight delay with “Instant teleport” abilities as well. Something is up.

Guardian <3
Dragon
Platinnum – Zerker Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Noticed a slight delay with “Instant teleport” abilities as well. Something is up.

Yeah, it’s extremely noticeable with “instant teleport” skills, but I’ve also had the issue with other skills as well. Hopefully it’s just Anets standard post-patch silliness, and it’ll be fixed in a day or two.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

My average loading screen for entering a new map lasted 4-5 seconds before today. Now they’re lasting 20+.

They broke something.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Zacchaeed.2834

Zacchaeed.2834

3470k 4.3OC, SSD and Geforce gtx660. Not bleeding edge but still fairly new. Something is fishy here and “Get a better computer” I doubt is the holy solution.

“Get a better computer” is a stupid answer to a stupid vent thread.

I highly doubt developers will respond to a well thought out subject line such as this; “What the * is wrong with pvp” unless it descends into a total kitten storm.

Seriosly, how can you kitten up such thing?

(I’m currently really mad, sorry for all those “bad” words)

Throwing tantrums gets you nowhere.

Don’t be a kitten, log the problem, be patient, it will get fixed. If you don’t like it, cancel your sub. Oh wait, there isn’t one.

Tarnished Coast
Zacchaeed – Warrior | Alfvaldr – Guardian

(edited by Zacchaeed.2834)

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Go to your …/Documents/Guild Wars 2/ folder and delete local.dat.

It will tend to bloat over time and after big patches. It should be ~1 MB in size.

Note: This resets your graphical and audio settings.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I’ve had an SSD for months, and this change is very obviously and very definitely the patch. I went from .5s loading screens to 5-10s loading screens.

There’s also random server latency. My ping runs between 50-90, with some 100ms spikes – it averages around 65ms. In multiple games today, I’ve watched a .2-.4 second lapse between the button I pressed, and my character performing said skill. It basically makes the game unplayable – I can’t interrupt heals, I can’t dodge big swings, etc etc etc. It’s annoying to screw up and get hit by an eviscerate or a shatter, but that’s ultimately my fault – it’s absolutely infuriating to eat that same ability because I’m using an ability I pressed nearly half a second ago instead of the dodge I’ve timed correctly.

I’ll trade you ping, I would be over the moon to have 100ms. I haven’t had a chance to try the game since the patch (it happening at 5pm Australia time, the time I finish work).

Give this a try, take your pvp character to a pve area, wait for it to fully load then head back to the mists. See if that improves your latency.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I’ve only had longer loading times on Foefire. It’s annoying, but know that everyone has it. Anet will fix this.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I’m from Australia on a wimax connection, and I always get 1-2 second delays on skills with random 10-20 second freezes, makes me wonder just how easy this game is for people close to servers.

for the topic never buy new hardware to fix a bug in a game

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: prozon.3561

prozon.3561

Same thing here, but its only randomly… pre patch load time after death to respawn point was about 0,5s. Now it takes “sometimes” around 10 sec. in sum a respawn time of 25 seconds…

www.twitch.tv/mufasapk

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

ssd is the way man