What the problem with druid's pets ?

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Was trying some roaming with reaper tonight, and i finally met a druid with is pet (dunno what it is). I think there’s a little problem with damages.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

<sinister grin> I want one of those beasties! Did you stand still and let it chew your face off? Or did it actually do something to keep you from getting away?
Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

that looks like normal pet damage to me when its got boon support.

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Unrelenting Assault is that pet’s F2. That damage doesn’t seem too excessive given it’s on a 30+ second cooldown.

It wasn’t the auto attack chain if that’s what you’re worried about.

in PvP

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

Unrelenting Assault is that pet’s F2. That damage doesn’t seem too excessive given it’s on a 30+ second cooldown.

It wasn’t the auto attack chain if that’s what you’re worried about.

It’s not the f2. F2 is a smoke field that deals no damage but makes the pet immune to conds and evade everything while in it. That’s the last skill of those he activates on his own. I think the cooldown is 25 or 30 seconds. It’s pretty much like the revenant sword skill 3, just on a longer cooldown. It’s great when you’re the only target of it since all of the multihits end up on you, but kinda weak if it hits multiple targets.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

It’s not the f2. F2 is a smoke field that deals no damage but makes the pet immune to conds and evade everything while in it. That’s the last skill of those he activates on his own. I think the cooldown is 25 or 30 seconds. It’s pretty much like the revenant sword skill 3, just on a longer cooldown. It’s great when you’re the only target of it since all of the multihits end up on you, but kinda weak if it hits multiple targets.

Ah, I see. That makes it along the same lines as the drake Tail Swipe in that it hits like a truck but is hard to control.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Am I missing something? That looks totally normal even for the old pets.

Edit: Oh nm, the problem is that the pet actually landed its attacks?

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in PvP

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

Was trying some roaming with reaper tonight, and i finally met a druid with is pet (dunno what it is). I think there’s a little problem with damages.

Run around in a circle, if you are being hit you are doing it wrong. They are literally the easiest thing to dodge.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

How did anyone even equip a new pet in sPvP? I can’t get any of the new ones and nobody in HotM is using one either.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Elorna.5329

How did anyone even equip a new pet in sPvP? I can’t get any of the new ones and nobody in HotM is using one either.

That was WvW not SPvP.

in PvP

ImdA.4701

My screen wasnt good enough. This one explains the problem better i guess.

No, a ranger’s pet isnt supposed to deal 10K dmgs spikes.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…No, a ranger’s pet isnt supposed to deal 10K dmgs spikes.

Source?

in PvP

Kitty.1502

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

You should probably post this in the WvW section as this has to do with that area of the game.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

In pvp, where the stats are lower, I’ve sometimes had 10k crits on thieves with Owl F2+Attack of Opportunity (MoC)+Opening Strike (not even Sick Them or SotW), on a remorseless build. I know you can get a lot higher than that with a drake passive third attack. So it isn’t particularly shocking.

in PvP

ImdA.4701

Well, i’m not sure you’ve already played against this pet.
Actually, the F2 is like the #3 sword on reve : Its following you no matter where you go and what you do, and you cant avoid damage with a simple dodge. This pet hits you like a truck and cannot get kited/dodged properly.

in PvP

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

Actually, the F2 is like the #3 sword on reve : Its following you no matter where you go and what you do, and you cant avoid damage with a simple dodge. This pet hits you like a truck and cannot get kited/dodged properly.

Dodge/Block/Evade ?
have you try? No?

try it.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

That youtube videos is old and the pet AI was fixed a lot with the last patch, making things like that no more happen (or just sometimes).

Anyway, if the skill is the one mentioned before (pet skill 3-4), the only way to evade it is dodge/block/immune because it’s a multi-teleport attack that hit’s a lot of times.

if that skill hit every time for 3k the total damage on a single target can be higher than 21k, in 2 seconds.
It’s a little too much also for a full buffed pet, don’t you think?
And it’s not even the activated skill, that skill cna be the one that hit you for 10k.
Activated+pet skill = 31k in 3-4 seconds?
That has not to happen.

in PvP

ImdA.4701

Dodge/Block/Evade ?
have you try? No?

try it.

As i said, you can’t avoid the all burst with a simple dodge.
The only thing i can advice you is to try it vs players on wvw and see what it is exactly.
Cuz when i’m reading you posts i don’t feel like you know what you’re talking about, im talking about one of the new druid’s wyvern, not about wolf/birds or stuff.

in PvP

ImdA.4701

That youtube videos is old and the pet AI was fixed a lot with the last patch, making things like that no more happen (or just sometimes).

Anyway, if the skill is the one mentioned before (pet skill 3-4), the only way to evade it is dodge/block/immune because it’s a multi-teleport attack that hit’s a lot of times.

if that skill hit every time for 3k the total damage on a single target can be higher than 21k, in 2 seconds.
And it’s not even the activated skill, that skill cna be the one that hit you for 10k.
That has not to happen.

Thanks god, finally someone understood the point of this topic.

in PvP

Kitty.1502

That has not to happen.

Those youtube videos aren’t old, I personally made them last night. As you can see I was a druid when I made them.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]

in PvP

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

That has not to happen.

Those youtube videos aren’t old, I personally made them last night. As you can see I was a druid when I made them.

Every Necromancer have good imagination.

Indeed, pets are really bugged and can’t hit target.
New pet can teleport to target and hit it after teleport.
People have to prepare, because all pets hit that hard, just they can’t hit atm because of bad AI, and if AI will be fixed, whole world will feel PowerOfRangers.

PS. I hope so

in PvP

Kitty.1502

That has not to happen.

Every Necromancer have good imagination.

Indeed, pets are really bugged and can’t hit target.
New pet can teleport to target and hit it after teleport.
People have to prepare, because all pets hit that hard, just they can’t hit atm because of bad AI, and if AI will be fixed, whole world will feel PowerOfRangers.

PS. I hope so

Actually pets generally don’t hit that hard, most hit between 500~1k only in specific situations will they hit over.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]

in PvP

Elorna.5329

That has not to happen.

The activated (F2) skill of the pet deals no damage, it’s a smoke field that lets the pet evade attacks while it stands in it (so pretty much pointless in any PvP situation other than to use it as a way to blast stealth). The damage skill is the skill 4 that the pet activates on its own and it’s pretty much the same as revenant sword 3, just on a twice as much of a cooldown.